Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nar Shaddaa factory

[member="Ultimatum"]

Darth Banshee was now planning to make her own powerbase, and wanted toys that would help a future sith empire rise again. She had shipyards on Serenno, but that being so close to Mandalorian space it may come into difficulty at some point. She could moved into One Sith space, but that was about to collapse. She decide she was moving into a place, on the hutt moon would be good course of action. Yes it had problems, though it was also a place she could test out weapons with no issue, just get some stolen by a local gang, and watch the results. She did however need help with security, as slicers where commonplace here, and so where wannabe heroes. She contacted someone she heard good thing about, a droid who was also adept at slicing and could think for itself. She was going to hire him to help overseer her new factory, and make sure it was secure.

She waited in the empty room, and wondered which weapons she should make first.

When the message came through that a Sith wanted some of his time to talk about some business endeavor, Ultimatum had assumed that it was some joke from Mythos. It had struck the droid as slightly out of character, that organic had never really had the greatest sense of humor. Nonetheless he accepted and began preparations for his departure. When he was ready he took the Forerunner for the sake of space. Nar Shadda was a very busy place and would probably not be able to support some of his larger vessels.

Once he had arrived he made his way to the meeting place and entered the bare room. He was not surprised to see a different Sith. However he was curious as to what this one had planned. He bowed slightly as he greeted her. "I received your communication that you wished to meet with me."

[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Ultimatum"]

Yes as I need your expertise, I need this to become a secure factory. To mass produce small arms, and the odd minor run. I need it automated, and need it slicer proof, if that is possible. Though if not, a way to track anyone who does. So I can find them and kill them, or send some else to do it for me. She figured she need to get straight to the point, this factory was to help her with clandestine operations. She had first project in mind, it was a simple electric wrist blaster. Though it had two settings, one for people and for animals. As amps killed two legged animals, volts killed four legged animals. She hoped to have this weapon, to kill yasmari lizards in the nutrient tubes. This way the Mandalorian warriors would lose there edge, against force users.

Ultimatum smiled politely as he began making a mental list of what would need to be done. Shipments of materials and parts would be the easiest part. Automation was a standard in his factories and would have droids in there just in case something needs repairing. The slicer proof part would be fun to attempt. Right now there was no completely foolproof slicer-proof system. He believed he had a manner of tracking any who attempted to interface with coding, which was a pretty safe bet for most slicers. Since they would need to access to the computer system it would require working through the HoloNet, which the computer would have access to so as to be able to take orders no matter where [member="Darth Banshee"] might be.

"What size are you thinking? From what you suggest, the factory can be quite small to accomplish what you are asking." It was surprising how much space could be saved if one made a compact factory. He had a factory built into a starship and most of the space was used up by the molecular furnaces rather than the actual manufacturing part.

She smiled at the [member="Ultimatum"], That's fair enough, small factory. Though I would have to repeat it across abandoned areas of the moon. Yes that would increase security of them, that is a good idea. She was pleased that this droid, was capable of thinking for itself, and helping her out with her designs. How much of the design, and locations of these small factories, could I leave in your capable hands? She asked him, as she did have things to do. Like get the basics of R&D done with the wrist blaster.

Ultimatum was glad that the organic was open to suggestions on his part. Multiple of the same type of factory would give the additional security of knowing that the destruction of one would not endanger the production line. Then she wanted to know what he could handle himself. He replied, "I can take care of the design easily. I would like to know if you have any preferred locations or regions that would be best to build in. I can work on the exact place, but for you convenience it would be best if I know where you intend to collect, how often, that sort of thing." The importance of building in the right area was paramount to efficient operation and overall success.

[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Ultimatum"]

She listened to his ideas, and then replied ​The individual locations will not matter, as long as they have access to dock bay. So when each load is ready, I can send a freighter into collect the load. She then paused, and asked a rather important question. So what would you fee be in setting this up? Nothing in this galaxy was free, nor should it be. So she wanted know his price, for helping her set up these factories on Nar Shaddaa.

As she spoke her test subject where hatching on her ship, she wanted away killing these things, in battle.

That made things fairly easy then, of course it did require that the factories would need to be close enough to a single spaceport for the collection. However that could be balanced by a constant stream of goods that would be picked up at a certain time only. Whatever the method, the Sith could decide that once the factories were online. He was already sending out feelers into the HoloNet, looking for prime locations up for sale on the world that he could turn into factories.

Then came the inevitable question of money. In a galaxy run by organics, that which they deemed important would become the central monetary system. It was an inefficient system at best, for exactly this reason. How could one exactly know the price of the work being done here? Well they would need to calculate the culmination of the prices of the materials, transportation fees, and labor. Fortunately all of these were accomplished by his own power and the only thing he truly paid for was the building sites and the fuel, which was something he was hoping to eventually rid himself of. "Would merely covering the costs of the locations and allowing the occasional use of the factories by myself be acceptable?" He refrained from explaining that any production [member="Darth Banshee"] would have of the factories would be a priority and would override the droid's intentions. That would have gone without saying.

She ponder his idea for a moment, it could disrupt her supply chain if he just decide to make a new order for himself. No I can't accept that, but if you wish I will make a spare factory for you to do mini production runs on, as well as myself. Obviously this one would be yours to prioritise, as you see fit. Though as I am sure you aware, even slight retooling can cause havoc with a production run. She was willing for smaller scale factory for this anyway as it would help her, as well as him on occasions that thing may be need to make limited items. She waited for [member="Ultimatum"] answer to her terms.

It had gone across about as expected, some organics were more gracious than others and Ultimatum had learned to just work with what he could. No reason to hold a grudge against one organic for something as petty as a factory, business after all was about selling a ware or service to another, and in order to accomplish that he needed to maintain the understanding that the other side was the one he needed to make content.

Her offer was a good one nonetheless, he could get those factories built easily and to have one for his occasional use would be helpful, though truth be told he had not intended on using them that often. This world was not what he considered the safest or most appropriate world for his work. Shipping or purchasing materials to bring out here would be inefficient unless he was preparing for a large conflict or needed a truly inordinate amount of something or other.

"I appreciate the gesture, I accept." Her suggestion that the a retooling would have caused problems in a line of production was only slightly demeaning. After all he was a droid who had run a manufacturing company for quite some time, he knew what could be built and what could not by something like a blaster producing line. It was amazing how much a single production line could build and the variety that it was capable of. One that produces blaster could easily make armors or parts of a vehicles, the similarities between what was accomplished were so great that most of the time Ultimatum made his factories flexible in what they were capable of being set to build, which also made it easier to replace parts when the time came. Nonetheless, such minor indignation was unnecessary and he refrained from mentioning it.

[member="Darth Banshee"]

[member="Ultimatum"]

She smiled and said Thank you, and I look forward to seeing the factories working. She then turned and left him to get on with his work, as he had factories to set up. That would take him some time, though he was the right person for the job. She head back to Serenno, and waited for the first shipment of weapons to arrive. She soon got her own personal zapper, they where designed for one thing one thing alone, killing lizards. He received his payment in full, and a little bonus to keep him sweet.

stun_gun_flashlight_extreme.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom