Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nanech

Status
Not open for further replies.
44586574-a-patch-of-oil-spill-on-the-sands-on-a-beach-a-disaster-ruining-our-environment-by-pollution-in-toda.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Name: Nanech[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Manufacturer: CIS, Allya Vi'Dreya[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Affiliation: Trajan[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Homeworld (optional): N/A[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Production: Unique[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Modularity: Can be used in a larger number of forms. Otherwise: No.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Material: Biot[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]nanotech[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt],[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Classification: Bionanotech[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Weight: Average[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Resistances
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Kinetic: High[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Lightsabers: Very High[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Extreme Temperatures: Very Low[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Electricity: Low[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Acid: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Radiation: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Sonic: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]EMP: High[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Force: High[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Sensors: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Standard Elemental: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Gravity: Average[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Others: Average[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=11pt]Color: Black[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Self Healing
    [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Resistant to Blasters
    [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Resistant to Lightsabers
    [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Resistant to the force
    [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Offers protection from EMP
    [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Offers moderate protection from Kinetic damage
    [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Able to move independently
    [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Able to reduce sensor signature [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Power Glands[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Lightsaber Resistant: The material is able to be hit by a lightsaber and not get cut through right away, making it a very good defense against them. This is due to microscopic power glands found throughout the biot material, protecting the nanotech and users.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Blaster Resistant: The material is highly resistant to blasters, able to take many shots before failing. As with the lightsabers, this is due to the powerglands producing a field just a hairsbreadth above the surface of the material, providing it with great resistance to lightsabers and blasters.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]EMP: While not it's strongest suit, the material is resistant to EMP and ion attacks. However, high powered emp blasts at close proximity can cause it problems. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Force Protecting: Due to the vong biot material used, the material is more resistant than normal to force related attacks, or force sensing. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Alive: The Material is alive, in both the droid sense [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]and the biological sense. As such, it is able to repair damage done to it over short periods of time, with access to the right [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]materials, and capable of limited self locomotion. However, this locomotion can be controlled, giving it a wide variety of abilities. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Electricity: The Material offers less protection than [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]standard materials to electrical attacks. However, more importantly, electricity makes the material paralyze, making it unable to bend, move, or heal. [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]The Force: While the material offers a high degree of protection from the force, be it sensing or attacking, it also weakens the more helpful aspects, such as force healing, force valor, as well as decreases the range at which a being is able to sense things while wearing it. Control abilities that come from within and effect only the self are not effected, but all other abilities are.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Extreme Cold: Extreme cold (like on Hoth) causes the material to become very brittle and rigid. The bionanotech is unable to flex as well, it cannot self heal, and offers a lot less protection against kinetic attacks, and lightsabers.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Extreme Heat: Extreme heat (like near a volcano or long term exposure to desert heat, and flamethrowers) causes the material to begin to break down altogether. If it is left in extreme heat for to long the biological components of the material break [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]down and die, making the armor unable to stay together. This must be avoided at all costs. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Sustenance: The material is alive, and as such it requires light and sustenance to survive. The light powers the solar nanotech, while the sustenance feeds the organic parts. Without [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]these things, the material will die after as little as a week. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Host needed: The material cannot be used to build autonomous things. It must be bonded to a host to survive. Without [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]close proximity to its host, it will weaken and die swiftly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Combining Vong Biot and nanotech, a powerful form of bionanotechnology. In it's neutral state, it appears as a black sludge, however, when properly maintained and molded, it can take a large number of shapes, and forms. It is very strong at stopping blasters and lightsabers, due to the microscopic power glands found within, while being resistant to kinetic damage, EMP, and the force, due it's mixture of vong material and its nanotech nature.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The material is alive, and given the proper commands and impulses, it can harden, move about, and do a large number of tasks. As such, it has a large number of uses. However, the complexity to make it, as well as the price tag associated with the materials, means it has limited use, and is currently only able to be activated by Lord Trajan.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The material is physically weak to electricity, and extreme temperatures, be it hot or cold have detrimental effects on the material's ability to survive. However, despite these glaring limitations, it's ability to protect from a wide range of damage makes it a valuable tool. It even helps fool sensors to an extent. When you add in the self healing nature, ability to move, and combine it with an active imagination, it becomes a tool for amazing things. [/SIZE]

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Allya Vi'Dreya said:
Material: Biot, nanotech,
You're link to Biot is missing.

As an avid fan of Vong Tech, I felt like including some info and a few quick suggestions if you wanted to elaborate or include some in this sub.

So, some information about how Vong Biots usually resist lightsaber and blaster strikes is through the use of Power Glands which emits a field around the body of the biot. Amphistaffs and Vonduun Crabs used them to reorganize their cell structure to become rigid as well, which became crystalline in nature. These fields emitted barely past the exterior of the creature's body to aid in deflecting energy and projectiles away from the body.

Allya Vi'Dreya said:
Force Protecting: Due to the vong tech used, the material is more resistant than normal to force related attacks, or force sensing.
My only real suggestion in relation to this, beyond lore info you may want to incorporate, is that as it numbs or is resistant to the Force, you could include that as a weakness as well since it is being worn, things like Force valor or Healing being used on the wearer are less effective, and the wearer's own senses are somewhat fogged.

[member="Laira Darkhold"]

Thanks for all the lovely advice. It actually gives me some ideas for its use and the character of Trajan that I am building. Thank you. I believe I added in the details you suggested, including the weakness to the force, as frankly, it just makes sense! I should have thought of that before hah. So thank you.

Are there any other details you think I can add in? Anything I am forgetting, or other quirks of vong biots?

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

I'm sorry, this got lost in my notifications and got shuffled down.

Their could be some quirks you could add to the description, but I think you should be fine as is as it is currently very open-ended and open to interpretation.

Once again, I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom