Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name changes on Sub-Accounts

tinker tailor soldier spy
I wonder if it is possible to allow character accounts to change their own names, similar to how the writer account works? I am aware that it's currently bugged. I don't exactly know what the problem is, but I assume it has something to do with no email/password being linked to the sub-account, while the writer account doesn't have that problem.

If it is feasible, I think it's worth looking into. Enabling the community to switch their own rank bars was a very good step towards cutting through the red tape and giving writers more flexibility to experiment with new character ideas, but I just took a look at the Master Rank Title & Sub-Account Merge Thread. It hasn't been updated in about two weeks. This isn't criticism or an attempt to talk bad about the admins, I am aware that real life comes first and that there are other priorities in play that might be considered more important than changing a name or adding that master-rank title.

But two weeks is a lot of time in my opinion.

Some people might not be overly bothered by writing a new character under an old name, but some do and waiting two weeks until a name change or a master rank goes into effect stalls story and progression in that regard.

This is a small problem, but a problem that could escalate out of control regardless. I figured a suggestion was a good idea for the sake of someone actually voicing their concern with said problem.

Atlas Kane

A
Omg yes.

I mean.

This is a wonderful point that I've been wondering about myself, though I concur with OP in regards to insufficient data regarding the feasibility of this endeavour.

I'm in agreement with what the OP has said.

The change that allowed for writers to switch their rank bars was a wonderful and well needed update. It gave writers a lot more flexibility to test new ideas for existing characters or to create new ones - without having to wait for a time for the bars to be added via an Admin.

Being able to change the name of Sub-Accounts would be another great step, as well as taking away some of the workload for the Staff.

I'm definitely in support of giving this a push to see if the issues that have stopped it from happening before, can be looked into and fixed.

Right.

Support all you want, but even the OP acknowledges that its bugged. When/if its not bugged, we'll implement this suggestion, because its a karking no-brainer.

But its bugged. Like the movie A Bugs Life. But not nearly as fun or entertaining.

Its bugged.

Bug, bug bug bug bugged.

Tefka said:
Right.

Support all you want, but even the OP acknowledges that its bugged. When/if its not bugged, we'll implement this suggestion, because its a karking no-brainer.

But its bugged. Like the movie A Bugs Life. But not nearly as fun or entertaining.

Its bugged.

Bug, bug bug bug bugged.
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom