Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech NADIR E-SERIES Armor underlay

Status
Not open for further replies.
2AGVwhD.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Armor underlay

• Weight: 1 kg

• Quality: 8
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Partially Force resistant

• Protection from temperature extremes

• Good energy and slugthrower resistance
Strengths:

• Push comes to shove: Not with the E-series, it doesn’t. Tired of getting thrown against bulkheads? Of having your throat crushed by the next Darth Vader fanboy? If your answer’s yes – buy Nadir, and relish the satisfaction of shooting a Forcer in the face as they stare at you, flabbergasted.

• Hit me with your best shot: NT-1 is pretty damn good at what it does, and what it does is keep you alive. Blasters of all types will have a hard time piercing this baby, and most small arms will barely leave a bruise. Be aware that high-velocity slugs and explosives will have no trouble getting past this – meat goulash in expensive packaging.
Weaknesses:

• Ssssizzle: You get hit with lightning or electricity, you’re looking at medium rare to well-done. If you’re wearing the E-series underlay and intend on tracking down Sith targets, Nadir recommends you invest in an insulator – or, barring that, in a very nice casket.
DESCRIPTION

Most good mercenaries and bounty hunters – that is, the ones who survive – know the value of modular armor. Experience and preference tell them what to bring, and when to bring it. Nadir, ever catering to its target customers, thus comes forward with another piece of the modular puzzle: the Elite-series Armor underlay.

The underlay is 100% compatible with all Nadir armors. Most suits – barring unusual or welded construction – should also be compatible, though Nadir doesn’t provide any product warranty in this case. Tinker at your own risk.

In any case – why should you tinker at all, you ask?

Well, a good armor is only as good as its weakest link, and the underlay is what comes into play when someone goes after your joints. Ain’t never been a heavy armor that didn’t come with exposed bits – that’s the price of mobility. But a good underlay? Flexible as can be.

The E-series is formed of three highly compressed layers made to the specifications the distinguished buyer is to provide upon purchase. First comes the environment underlay, to keep you warm on Hoth and cool on Mustafar. The glistaweb is cut into threads, tightly woven with the myoflex, then bound around the environment underlay. Together they protect you from most direct attacks within the Force while also providing further thermal insulation from extreme heat. Last comes the hyper-lightweight NT-1, likewise woven in fiber form instead of solid plate. This final layer provides excellent protection against energy damage while also faring fairly decently against slughthrowers and melee attacks.

You’ll still be nursing nasty bruises, but hey – beats lying face-down in a ditch!

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Travis Caalgen

T
Aver Brand said:
Production: Limited Material: Alchemized Terentatek hide
This is too much, terentateks are too hard to kill and even more of a pain to skin to warrant limited production, especially alchemized which unbalances the whole thing.

As I believe you wish to keep this at limited, I recommend you find a more common material to alchemize.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

The alchemization in this case serves no other purpose than the preservation of the hide. If it conferred any other properties (like near-indestructability, etc.), I'd have listed them.

I replaced the alchemized terentatek hide with glistaweb, as the whole point of the underlay is to grant a resistance against direct manipulation through the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom