Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nadia the Beskarslayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex-senechal-alex-senechal-design-front-main-b.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit a tone-downed version of a 100% canon weapon.
  • Image Source: Here, Star Wars Rebels,
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: Star Wars Rebels, Season 4, Episodes 1 and 2.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Rose Blaster and Bounties
  • Model: Nadia
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market (Rose Blasters and Bounties Customers)
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Standard Components.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 1.0m
  • Weight: 2.0kg
  • Ammunition Type: Powercell
  • Ammunition Capacity: 5 minutes of charge
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Hold and spray, akin to a flamethrower
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Superheats Beskar
Strengths:
  • Targets Beskar, superheats beskar.
Weaknesses:
  • Can only target Beskar.
DESCRIPTION
The “Nadia” is a based on legends of and old weapon made by the Galactic Empire by one Sabine Wren. The original weapon, mounted on a AT-DP, was able to, to quote Governor Saxon, “The energy pulse is drawn to the Beskar Alloy in the Mandalorian’s Armor, superheating it, and instantly vaporizing the target.” The weapon was also noted to have a sense of scale, with Governor Saxon later using it to incapacitate Mandalorians, again within seconds, and activate it again later as a torture method.

Nadia, however, is not built with such power as to take down multiple targets at range, coming much closer to the latter of the two uses, and is unable to instantly vaporize unwitting foes. She does create an energy pulse that seeks out Beskar* and superheats it, but disintegration is sadly no reached, even with a full power pack expended. This is still notable effective in dealing with beskar-wielding foes as it can interfere or damage circuitry, lower tensile strength, and heats anyone wearing Beskar equipment. The experience is rarely lethal by it's lonesome against a standard humanoid opponent, but is often extremely painful and debilitating, stunning them in a fashion not unlike that of Devaronian Bloodpoison.

To quote Grand Admiral Thrawn “[it] turns an armor, legendary for it’s strength, and turns it into a crippling weakness.” This allows Kael, or Kael’s customers, an efficient way to deal with some of the most-heavily armored opponents in the galaxy.

*Disclaimers, use of this weapon doesn’t mean someone is automatically hit.

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Hi there, sorry for the delay.

Now, I talked this over with the factory and by all accounts this technology would be considered a superweapon. For it to pass the factory, we'll need to dial this back to technology that stuns targets, i.e. in a sustained 10-second stun that would sting enough to hurt - something like force lightning - but something that can deteriorate beskar won't pass.

This will also need a limited radius where it is effective.

@mention me with edits or question.

[member="Kael Rose"]

[SIZE=11pt]So, first let’s talk about this as a superweapon.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Wookiepedia defines a Superweapon as[/SIZE]

Superweapon (also spelled super-weapon)[1] and megaweapon[2] were terms used to describe a weapon of extremely devastating power, possibly enough to destroy a planet.[3]

[SIZE=11pt]“The Duchess”, or the version of this technology seen in Star Wars Rebels, had a range of perhaps 50 meters. A 100 at best. It targeted only people with Beskar armor and was remarkably effect in dealing with them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Nadia is a gun. It doesn’t affect people in an area or chain off of one target onto others. You point it and shoot it at [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]one [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]person at a time and it superheats their beskar armor/weapons/equipment/etc. I noted in the description that the process of superheating a single [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Beskar’gam[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] takes around [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]two minutes[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], while giving significant pain in the meantime. I also put in a disclaimer that stated this submission does not grant an autohit, or automatically demand a certain amount of damage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I’m not going to say that Wookieepedia is always correct but if destroying a single suit of armor(and presumably it’s wearer) with a continuous beam held on a target holding very specific equipment for a hundred and twenty seconds is considered a superweapon then every disruptor rifle, board-canon or canon-canon should be considered a superweapon as well. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I understand that the factory isn’t beholden to precedents, but I’m still going to assert that technology on this scale is nothing new to the board and cite some examples. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]VT-Disruptor Lens. – Limited production, allows any lightsaber to cut through Amphistaffs, Vondunn Crab Armor, etc.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Harangir, Tomahawk of Isley Verd – Unique production tomahawk with Force Nexus and ability to [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]rend through or shatter beskar-grade or lower materials.”. Notably accomplishes same thing, while infinitely more useful against non-beskar using opponents than this submission.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The Sentinel – Unique, Lightsaber, able to “shear through mandalorian iron and rend cortosis.” Able to cut through around two beskar’gams before requiring lengthy repowering process.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Jaxton’s Retrosaber Unique Lightsaber strapped to a backpack that is noted at cutting through lightsaber-resistant material as if they are regular stuff.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]VT-Needle Disruptor Limited Production Rifle that vaporizes a 1 inch diameter hole in a targer, that “works on all forms of armor, even the heaviest beskar plate.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]VT-Ram Disruptor Limited production pistol that doesn’t specify exactly how large of a hole is made, but notes it is “hit's the weapon tends to punch a bigger hole[Than the VT-Needle Disruptor] within whatever it struck”, and also has a larger magazine at the cost of cutting the range to less than a fifth in comparison.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]So if we were to group these together a bit for comparison’s sake.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
NGwEh7W.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I personally think that this concept is far from a superweapon, and I think every submission on that chart has more mileage in it(The VT-lens is debateable certainly, but you can slap it on any lightsaber for no cost. The Nadia is a poor club at best against anyone not wearing/using Beskar.). I do think that the technology presented on the show is a bit too much, but the Nadia is significantly scaled down from what’s presented on Rebels. I’m certainly willing to discuss range, magazine size, etc, but I feel that power of the submission is at a good spot given the following.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]It estimates requiring a hundred and twenty seconds, or more, to take down one set of armor. Compare how long it would take for say, a flame thrower or carbonite projector to take down a single foe.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]It is personal range, which means that an opponent will always be able to counter quickly and be able to use most, if not all, of their weapons/gadgets/force powers/etc to do so. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The above points combined means it cannot sneak up on somebody, like sniping from afar or stealthily igniting a lightsaber next to somebody. An opponent will always know what's happening before lasting damage is done. [/SIZE]
  • The weapon is not reinforced in any way. It is not made out of phrik, it is not hardened against EMP or Ion weapons, and it isn't made out of Terentatek Leather. The only thing stopping anyone from targeting the weapon is the wit of the user.
  • [SIZE=11pt]The weapon requires you to hold the trigger for five seconds before it does anything.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The weapon only works on opponents using a specific material. It does not fire otherwise, and is not weighted or durable enough to be used as say, a club. If you bring it to a fight and the guy has phrik instead of beskar it's dead weight. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="Aria Vale"][/SIZE]

[member="Kael Rose"]

To clarify, when I say superweapon, I mean that the original technology is classified as a superweapon. The way that Rebels has Sabine’s weapon play out would very much be a superweapon - as such, this technology will have a higher level of scrutiny.

As you said, we no longer have precedence in regards to past submissions. Current submissions are being judged by fairness and balance.

I'm very happy to work with you to come up with a compromise, but as you have your current submission, it will not pass if you are able to completely destroy two beskar armors even with the five second delay.

For this to get approved, it'll need the following edits:

1) Reduction to limited
2) This is unable to destroy beskar and instead is attracted to the material, allowing for a stunned version as detailed at the end of the Rebels episode where Sabine was stunned in place and held there for a designated amount of 10 seconds.
3) The effects result in a stunning mode, the increase of heat, and painful stasis much like one would feel when struck by lightning.

[member="Kael Rose"]

Aria Vale said:
1) Reduction to limited
The submission is Semi-Unique, less than limited production.

Aria Vale said:
I'm very happy to work with you to come up with a compromise, but as you have your current submission, it will not pass if you are able to completely destroy two beskar armors even with the five second delay.
Then how about we bring it down to a three minute magazine, with beskar destruction taking a minimum of two minutes? Enough to where it can take down one set of armor reliably but never two.

[member="Aria Vale"]

[member="Kael Rose"]

The first part was my bad, apologies. As for the second - the issue is, the technology destroys beskar by superheating the armor, which would cook the person inside it. A greatly muted version of this technology would pass but one that *destroys* beskar in this manner will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom