Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nadariga Killers [Corellian Underworld OPEN]

Anaximander

A
[[member="Voska Naudir"] [member="Salis"] [member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Valad Yar"] [member="Lisza Starseeker"]]
[If you wish to join please check this thread and ask there first, but, everyone is welcome]
A Joben-T85 zipped and weaved through the traffic of the Corellian nightlife. Finding her destination in the dense strip of seedy entertainment clubs and bars, the riding brought her bike to a stop. Engaging the bike's security protocol she dismounted and approached the bar and club named Nadariga. The rider was the Sith Knight, Anaximander - but, after some time working the crime-nets of Corellia underworld she had gained the simple moniker of "Lady Red".

Even her typical Sith appearance was transformed to fit her new world of scum and villainy. She wore a red leather jacket over a red tunic with a long dress skirt over black pants. Strapped to her thigh was a heavy RSK-44 pistol and mounted to the back of her waist on a special holster was her lightsaber, hidden from view. The hood of her tunic was drawn forward and her face was shadowed beneath it. Her mouth and nose were also obscured by a bandanna that had the print of a rancor's grin on it.

Entering the Nadariga, Lady Red passed through the drink bar and descended a dimly lit staircase to the under level called the Sub-Station. There, smugglers, scoundrels and all manner of scum made their illicit salon. Passing twi'lek and zeltron exotic dancers and floating drone droids projecting holo-idols, Lady Red came to a bar. She retrieved a credit stick from her sleeve and smacked it onto the polished durasteel tabletop. The load crack of the credit stick attracted the attention of the bartender.

He came and looked Lady Red over with a cocked brow. "What'll ya'have stranger?"

Lady Red pulled down her bandanna with her black gloved hands and smiled, "I'll have the owner. Let him know Red's calling."

She slid the credit stick forward, "And a Sonic Servodriver."

The red clad stranger then turned away and left to sit at a booth beside a dancing zeltron. More would come. She had been working a crew for sometime. All that was left to do was to wait and let her previously set bait attract the syndicate she had come to consume.

Nadariga Sub Station, Corellia
Meeting Contractor
Mandalorian_Neon2.png
After That weird business on coruscant, it was good to be in a real club. The slight spur like jingle of loose rocket boot attachments was barely audible over the Music of the Nadariga as Voska came walking back from the counter with a pair of drinks in hand. His mandalorian helmet bobbed up and down subtly along with his cloak to the beat. 'Now these people have much better taste' he thought to himself, sure the jazzy cantina tunes he had on his holo-player were alright, but nothing beat the atmosphere here. Well, Here as in the upper levels. down here it would be back to business in no time, and there was likely to be a fight or two. Voska was here to discuss a bounty with one of his clients, a good change of pace from guarding folk. sure it paid well, but the mandalorian missed just going out and hunting, it had a different feel to it, one that had been stolen from him by an addiction to death sticks, but that was all in the past. now he was at least relatively healthy... And there she was, sat a few tables over from some dancers, he had to keep from laughing as he realized they were both eying the same dancer. on his way over, he passes another woman. She was tall, clad in almost entirely red, with a huge blaster strapped to her leg. But what really caught his eye was the Rancor mask with that fiendish grin. after a moment he stops eying the mask and makes his way over to his employer's table .

"You see that sweet mask?" He chuckles as he slides into a seat across from his employer and hands her one of the drinks. The young togruta across from him was an old friend of his, someone he used to run with before everything went sideways on nar shaddaa. Now it seems that the bounty hunter had become influential, and more importantly wealthy enough to hire bounty hunters herself.

"Didn't see it, i had my eyes on that zel- Oh, yeah I see it now. It's.. creative?" She smiles at voska "But nevermind that, we've got business to discuss, remember?" She chuckles. voska nods and begins cycling through info on his datapad, they had a potentially long week ahead of them,
And they didn't need any more distractions..

Thom Naudir

T
Nadariga: Sub-Station

Valad Yar had been enjoying a rather pleasant drink with one of his business contacts in the Corellian dockyards when one of his staff approached their booth. The female Rodian bowed her head briefly at the seated group before leaning forward and whispering a few words into Valad Yar's ear. Nodding his head, he waved her away before turning to the three men, two humans and a Trandoshian, still looking at him expectantly. He forced a smile across his face as he rose from the booth, placing a few credit sticks on the center of the table. "My apologies gentlemen, a matter of importance requires my attention. Please have a drink on the house while I take care of it, and I will return shortly."

Turning away, Valad Yar made his way out of the Private Club and down the staircase towards the Main Hall of the Nadariga. The music blasting across the speakers drowned out the singer and small band on the stage towards the back, though their motions, and that of their back up dancers were the main reason they had gathered a crowd around them. Valad Yar weaved his way through the busy crowds before getting to another staircase towards the back of the Main Hall, nodding briefly at the large brute he hired to keep the respectable people out of the Sub-Station. Walking down the stairs carefully, Valad Yar stepped out onto the railing running along the second floor of the Sub-Station, his eyes taking in the room in an instant.

The crowds were bigger than usual down here tonight, but surprisingly subdued. Most people were busy at tables in small groups, though a few were making their way around the number of shops and booths the Sub-Station had to offer, and a small crowd had accumulated around the three dancers near one corner of the bottom floor. Even before the second staff member approaching Valad Yar could point out [member="Anaximander"] he was moving towards her. He descended the small spiral staircase connection the upper balconies and the bottom floor of the Sub-Station, walking towards the person who had come to be known as 'Red'. In contrast to her attire Valad Yar wore almost entirely black clothing. A loose shirt hung across his chest, open partially down his chest to reveal the hint of tattoos and scars beneath. A matching pair of black pants finished out the look.

Coming around the bar, Valad Yar waved off the bartender, finishing pouring his guests drink for her. "My name is Valad Yar, owner of the Nadariga. Heard you were asking for me. Might I know who you are?"

[member="Voska Naudir"]

Salis hummed to herself as the ship landed and she left. She had a speeder herself, but instead decided to go on foot leaving the Astro Class LX Combat Freighter in her droids hands as she always did. 501-Z_police_droid with MK II paladin blaster rifle,
Z65_patrol_droid, and a simple Astromech. Technically there was a Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor on board but it was hardly necessary. As she walked she finished putting on her mask, finishing up the set of armor she wore, though leaving the eyes and rest of the headpiece off. She was armed of course, as any good bounty hunter would be, MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle, 2 Model_Kylan-3 at her sides, XAD_Omnisight, Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece, some extra comm links if necessary, Sith_gloves (though they might not be recognized that way), Stun Pearls in a pouch, and one on each ear, and her Lightsaber hidden in a pouch in the back. And she knew how to use all of it very well. She was a killer at heart and body, long before she became a sith, and she continued when she decided the Jen'ari were not for her.

She knew the general idea of why she was here, a client, hiring bounty hunters. And Salis was meant to be one of them, regardless of whoever it was, she loved to fight and this meant fighting. So as long as she wasn't betrayed she was happy, though if she was betrayed, she'd still be happy, the target would just be turned around. She walked into the Correllian bar. Lady Red, that's who's he was looking for. The implication of the name seemed kind of obvious. The mercenary looked at the dancers as she passed, such an odd choice of job, but an entertaining one nevertheless. Salis of course stood no chance as a dancer with her scars and deathlike skin. Her frame maybe, and she could be fluid, but the skin was not necessarily perfect. Regardless, she was busy.

Salis would began walking through the bar, she didn't order anything, just looking, sooner or later she'd run into her client (@Anaximander)

[member="Valad Yar"], [member="Voska Naudir"]

Chance Bonaventure

C
BrxxAbd.png
The Corellia Sector; Planet Corellia,
The Nadariga,
The Private Club > The Sub Station
The establishment was impressive.

From the decoration finery, the music, the dancers, all of it was top notch and made to impress. Especially in the Private Club area, where Chance Bonaventure currently found himself. Dressed in his usual assortment of bright fashion, including dark cape draped across his shoulders, the young humanoid appreciated what was on offer. He had been approached by several dancers, one a particularly beautiful Twi'lek female, who he had lavished with some extra credits for her enthusiasm. The result had been sudden interest from numerous other dancers and waiters, who had heard the rumor of the young Socorran willing to part with generous cred-chips. It had opened avenues and information otherwise closed, which was the primary benefit.

It was all part of the plan, of course. By appearing to heap credits on those who treated him well, Chance was better able to feel out the knowledge he sought. And no sooner had a few thousand credits been shared around, than Chance had the information about the owner, some of his habits, elements of the business that were legal, and a whisper or two about some possible underground connections. While what was learned was as important as knowing about the owner, one [member="Valad Yar"], it was still helpful and offered some options. Still, one of the dancers heard through employee chatter that Valad was currently in the Sub Station, on a meeting of some sort, with someone unknown to the club...

So with a smile, a flick of credits and a wink, Chance made his way down the turbolift to meet with the owner of the Nadariga.

________________________________________________________________________________
Sometime Later...
Chance walked out into the seedier Sub Station level, smirking at the drastic change in scenery. This was certainly made for quiet conversation, with small groups whispering and plotting, and dark corners that held all manner of individuals of ill repute. It seemed suitably wonderful for the purpose, certainly a place Chance could appreciate and even thrive in, and he couldn't wait to delve into the cesspool of scum below the walkway he currently stood on. As much as he hated to admit it, the Socorran had grown up surrounded by the kinds of people below, and no matter how fancy his clothing he was still a product of a world owned by criminal organizations and gangs... and as such, Chance was able to shift between the different levels of society simply and easily, adapting and adopting whatever appearance was needed.

Today, it was time to channel the businessman.

Walking down to the lower level, Chance looked around for the sentient he sought. It didn't take long, what with well-trained eyes and a penchant for noticing details, before Valad Yar was spotted. Not wanting to intrude right away, since there appeared to be an awkwardness between the pair, as though they were meeting for the first time, Chance held back. Instead, the young man approached the bar and ordered a simple beverage, nothing too extravagant or strong, and kept a subtle observation as Valad Yar and his mysterious female humanoid associate spoke.

Let's give them a few minutes...

________________________________________________________________________________

[member="Valad Yar"] | [member="Anaximander"]​

Hotel, Approximately Three Blocks from Rendezvous

He laid it all out in front of him. A disruptor pistol, and a suppressed slugthrower, and a handy switchblade knife. He picked up his belt, sliding in the magazines into their respective pouches for each. Two energy packs for the disruptor, and three magazines for the slugthrower. But the knife- that never needed reloading. He had it neatly laid out on his bed, all orderly- as Lancer typically was.

Lethal, quiet, effective, and professional.

What more could you want from an assassin?

He was wearing a black blazer, black pants, and a black button-up shirt. Simple attire, for a simple man. He tucked away his weaponry, and adjusted the silver cufflinks he wore, making his way to the exit of his hotel. He politely smiled at the receptionist, before heading into the street.

The Nadariga

He entered the club as silently as anyone else, although- one with at least a decently trained eye could tell that he was a professional killer. Bypassing pleasantries, he sat at the bar, and folded his hands on top of it, and flexed his neck to view the owner of the bar, conversing with the pale woman. And he waited.

[member="Chance Bonaventure"] l [member="Salis"] l [member="Valad Yar"] l [member="Anaximander"]​

Anaximander

A
Anaximander watched the owner of Nadariga pour her drink while her lips thinned into a subtle smirk.

"No. You don't, Mr. Yar," said Anaximander, "But, I know of you."

She drew her hood back and the shadows that obscured features retreated. The neon glow of the sub-station illuminated her face in deep reds and pulsing purples. Her face was lean, with high-cheekbones and a straight nose. Her eyes were a brilliant gold and shimmered in the neon. She took her drink and drew in a sharp and short sip before placing the drink to the side.

As she set aside the drink, she glanced across the sub-station. Along the way she watched the associates she had summoned here . Finally stopping her gaze to meet with that of the mercenary [member="Salis"]. A fellow darksider she had first networked with in establishing a recruitment network in Corellia. She winked at Salis and then leveled her imperious stare at [member="Valad Yar"].

"Rumor has it that you have quite the presence here in Corellia," she began, "I would like to propose an alliance. And as a token of my appreciation I have secured a gift for you."

She reached into the inside pocket of her jacket and removed a small rectangular prism shaped black device. She set it on the table before her. When her hands released the device, it was revealed as a detonator. Anaximader then drew her hands together making them meet tip to tip to form a peak as she rested her elbows on the table.

"I am told that a certain biker gang has been causing trouble here, especially with your operations," said Anaximander.

Picking up the detonator she gently perched her thumb on the detonation switch. "In fact they have been so bold as to set up a base of operations right across your own to harass your revenue and clients."

"Well..." Anaximander hissed, "I have come rectify that."

Her black gloved thumb pressed on the switch. The device blinked red, a moment of silence, then the muffled crack of a thundering explosion that shook the entire block.

Cool and ambivalent to the chaos that was stirring among the other clientele, Anaximander dropped the device.

"I am Anaximander. But, you, may call me Lady Red," she said.

[[member="Voska Naudir"] [member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Lisza Starseeker"] [member="Chance Bonaventure"] [member="Lancer Damar"]]​

Nadariga: Substation

"So, If we get marksman up there- Suddenly their bounty hunting plans are interrupted by an explosion elsewhere that shakes the entire block, voska had one his blasters drawn and ready almost as soon as he had heard the explosions. There he stood, his old cloak still draped over the other arm, hiding whatever else he had on him. osik.. what the hell?" He takes a moment to look around, noticing that the crowd had grown by at least four sense he looked last, most of them crowding around the lady with the rancor mask, who was now.. well, unmasked. His first thought was that she looked important, ie: bred well, had to be nobility of some sort. maybe a future client, but that didn't matter right now. What did matter was the device his scanners had just picked up next to her, was that a detonator? So, she was probably the reason for the explosions, but what about the explosions origin?
He looked at his togruta friend for a moment and then back at the lady in red, cycling through his HUD to connect to the local news outlet.

"...She.. she just blew up our target..

He sighs lightly and sits back down, keeping his hand and blaster in his lap, just in case. his togruta friend laughs and stands up "If you'll excuse me, I need to be out of here. if you're right, than i don't need hunters anymore. that, and I don't want to be here when CorSec starts snooping around, asking about explosions"

"Yeah.. I think I'll just stay here and.. Drink" Voska may have said drink, but that was just an excuse to get near the bar, not far from those people crowding around the lady in red. he might listen in, see if he can figure out what's going on, aside from the fact that she just probably blew up a building and whoever was unlucky enough to be in it.

And so he makes his way over towards the bar, ignoring whatever patrons might be trying to get out after the explosions, hopefully the bartender was still around. what a mess of a day this turned out to be..

Tags cause i forgot before: [member="Anaximander"] [member="Chance Bonaventure"] [member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Salis"] [member="Valad Yar"]

(OOC: Apologies but I'll be a little slow/short/very unimpressive for awhile. Around another week. I'll do my best to keep up)

Sure enough, a wink from [member="Anaximander"] confirmed this was definitely who she was looking for not just a familiarity. She began to move about closer, taking looks around still as she was constantly on the look out, noting as well [member="Lancer Damar"], though she didn't make any particular note of it. She wasn't quite keen enough to think he would also be one of the people looking for work with the woman.

As she walked closer she did also take note of [member="Valad Yar"] but didn't speak to him, simply walking in nearby to be on the opposite side of the two, though as the bombs went off she instantly went into a crouch, having not quite caught a glimpse of the detonator until the explosions stopped and she realized the cause. Though wondered the reason or target, she wasn't quite familiar with the local issues yet.

Still she walked a little nearer though by now she was certainly aware of the no doubt incoming law. As she did come closer she simply lingered nearby the Red Lady awaiting to see until they could conduct a discussion or if she'd be pulled in. She could be patient right now, and the woman already had taken notice of the former sith, so there was no reason to insert herself into these others discussions.

[member="Voska Naudir"]
[member="Chance Bonaventure"]

Sub-Station

The Nadariga was enemy territory, no ifs ands or buts about it. They had been sending smaller gangs, mostly swoop gangs and poor thugs, to hit shipments coming and going from the bar to destabilize the area so that her boss could come in and sweep out the mess with his connections to the more corrupt politicians and CorSec agents in this sector of Coronet. Unfortunatley they had done little but agitate Yar over the last few months and information about a potential new player in town had moved the timetable up to rectify this turf war.

And so she was here.

An assassin of the Maou.

She blended in well enough to the crowd, considering the true menace to Yar had never shown their face...But she knew the minute she put her bandana up and the Oni's grin was displayed vibrantly on her face that the guards would move swiftly to take her out. She idled by the bar, sipping some nostalgic Atrisian drink and watched her prey with surprise enter the bar himself. Gesturing to seemingly move a lock of hair irritating her hear under her cap she activated the audio amplifier com to listen in on his conversation.

Anaximander said:
"Well..." Anaximander hissed, "I have come rectify that."

She didn't recognize the Red Woman at all...As she narrowed her eyes to try and see who it was through the darkness an explosion rocked the block. The people around her started to panic and she herself found her self staring at the woman wide eyed. But she wouldn't have another chance like this. Her eyes steeled and she lifted her bandana, the glowing grin of the Oni illuminating the holodisplay cloth.

She shouted a death curse in Atrisian and whipped her arm out to brandish her blaster from inside her jacket sleeve, took aim, and fired at [member="Valad Yar"] from across the bar.

@[member="Salis"] @[member="Voska Naudir"] @[member="Anaximander"] @[member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Chance Bonaventure"]

Sub Station:

Voska had been observing the lady in red and yar from the bar beforehand, arriving not long after [member="Kaiya Inoue"], looking for a bartender, figuring that if the world was going to be thrown into chaos outside. he might as well get a drink.

He had only been sitting for a few seconds when the air changed. Voska could never explain that feeling, but it was there. like something or someone was warning him...
He had felt that feeling before, usually right before someone attacked an employer of his. To his knowledge it was nothing more than his instincts. That was only partially true, but he didn't want to believe the truth. The sad reality a force beyond himself was to blame for moments like these..

He turns suddenly, Seeing a woman don a mask, the fiendish grin on it's surface coming to life with a sudden, vibrant light. but the look in her eyes, the body language, not to mention the sudden shouting- That was a women out for blood. But who's? Voska's potential employer...

Voska leaps from his seat, slamming one hand into his wrist, activating his Dinu'ul. A sharp shearing sound tears through the air as the disc comes to life, growing to the size of a small buckler and bathing the area in a dim blue light just before the blaster's bolt bounces off.

Voska had no time to think- He slams the button again and reaches for the blaster on his hip as the shield begins to grow in size

All while bigger problems surge to life outside...

[member="Garza"] [member="Kaiya Inoue"] [member="Salis"] [member="Anaximander"] [member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Chance Bonaventure"] [member="Valad Yar"]

Anaximander

A
[member="Garza"] [member="Kaiya Inoue"] [member="Salis"] [member="Lancer Damar"] [member="Chance Bonaventure"] [member="Valad Yar"] [member="Voska Naudir"]

Anaximander lingered in the chaos she had created. Patrons scrambled, the dancers flinched and cowered and the crowds began to scatter. The red agitator reached one last time into her jacket and pulled out a holodisplay covered card. It was brilliant red neon and on the front was a simple galactic basic message "Red Lady". Anaximander thumped the card onto the tabletop and slide it forward.

"My connections," she said, "My ship is the Portend. It is also my residence as I prefer to stay...off-world."

Anaximander then straightened her appearance and stood up. As she did an Artisian curse rang out and a blast bolt snapped its way across the sub-station. A Mandalorian leaped to intercept and brandished his glimmering shield. Anaximander, nonplused, marched forward and called to the hired mandalorian.

"You have my thanks Voska," she said as she walked past Voska and tapped his shoulder. "But, now is when we make our leave."

"Rendezvous back at the Portend."

Anaximander then pointed to the other hired help, Salis, and gesture for her to start cutting a path through the crowd. Meanwhile, Anaximander continued her advance through the crowds. Reaching for her RSKF-44, she pulled it from its holster and held it in a close-quarters-combat grip. Like a ghost she drifted through the crowd and bathed the sub-station in her dark-side powers feeling for dangerous intent.

Things continued to escalate as [member="Kaiya Inoue"] took aim and fired upon [member="Anaximander"], only to be stopped by [member="Voska Naudir"] as he created some sort of shield. The Red Lady gestured for Salis to carve a path and the mercenary smiled, nodding her head, her body moved instantly. Her Paladin_blaster_rifle would be too much work here, she thought about switching to daggers or blasters, but shrugged, nobody in here was worth practicing on. Her Lightsaber activated as she slipped the weapon into the people in her way as she plowed forwards, cutting, kicking, and shoving, her way through them.

All the while, she was assessing, [member="Kaiya Inoue"] as a potential threat, her allies, any individual who looked unusually armed or skilled to be panicked, or who lacked that panic. She had to pay attention to everything, being a murderer was easy, trying to keep your client alive, even if it was unnecessary, was a bit more difficult.

Salis let out a laugh as they moved, death, combat, violence. It was always too easy, she needed some fun! But, she was no fool. She knew when to hold her tongue, she knew she shouldn't overdo things sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-SwtjoPb5A

Anaximander said:
"You have my thanks Voska," she said as she walked past Voska and tapped his shoulder. "But, now is when we make our leave." "Rendezvous back at the Portend."

Well, She said to rendezvous back at the portend, and it 's not like he had anything better to do. well, except maybe continue to fight their attacker. But if the red lady saw fit to leave yar to the hit women, that probably meant that yar could handle himself.

"As you wish" He says, one hand on his blaster, the other still holding the shield out in front of him, pointed to [member="Kaiya Inoue"] until he had reached a safe distance from her. He then deactivates the shield as he turns,And to his surprise, the other mercenary[ [member="Salis"] ], was cutting down patrons and civilians. Voska made a habit of reducing the collateral whenever possible, but he wouldn't get on someone's back for something like this. He needed the money, he needed to rebuild his reputation after he'd fallen so low.

In one quick motion, he draws one of his MT-14s, pointing it high into the air and firing of several Violet bolts as he walked towards the exit

"Everyone Out! NOW!" Shooting unarmed men and women was against his code of honor, But he had to noticeably help, or at least make the attempt.
[member="Salis"] [member="Anaximander"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom