Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Naast Vibroaxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
sketch-valdus-bral-w-kama.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create a custom melee weapon for Valdus Bral.
  • Image Source: @Lin Pal'Ud (Custom character art for Valdus Bral)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Vibro-Axe
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Diatium power cells fuel two Laser Gate emitters that intersect with each other which drastically increases the damage of the weapon, enables the blade to deflect lightsabers and other energy or physical based weapons, and allow the Axe to cut through non-lightsaber resistant materials with ease.
  • Telescoping function: the shaft can be rapidly deployed or contracted with a flick of a switch that is located on the lower part of the handgrip.
Strengths:

• Mandalorian Made: This weapon is mastercrafted by Valdus Bral of high quality Beskar and Phrik. This allows the weapon to be able to withstand extreme damage - even from lightsabers.
  • Good Vibrations: This weapon is also a Vibroweapon. The Beskar blades on this weapon are under the effects of a high powered ultrasonic vibration module that make short work of organic targets and allow the axe to even bypass light and medium armor plating.
  • Telescopic: This weapon's upper shaft can rapidly contract to the size of a battle-axe or quickly expand to the length of pole-axe.
Weaknesses:
  • Heavy: This weapon is extremely heavy and the weight is focused at the axe head, this means that follow up swings are harder to start than lighter weapons.
  • Harsh Drain: The laser gate technology is fueled by a duo of Diatium power cells, however this only allows the activation of the lasers for 2 posts before the cells must recharge for 1 post. This can be ignored but if the laser gate is used for 3 posts, then the diatium power cells cease to function and must be replaced.
DESCRIPTION

This weapon was created by Valdus to combat heavily armored combat units as well as go toe-to-toe with the ever present lightsabers. Utilizing a double Diatium power cell at the bottom of the shaft, this weapon is capable of maintaining a laser gate field over the blade for a respectable amount of time before the power cells need to recharge. The axe, which Valdus has dubbed "Naast" , is also a vibroweapon capable of dealing catastrophic damage to organic targets and cleaving into light and medium armor plating. A straight forward weapon is a reliable weapon, but having a few tricks up your sleeve never hurts. Naast's phrik shaft has an automated telescoping feature that allows the weapon to vary in length. This can be used to catch enemies off guard, to keep a door open, to pull Valdus upward or an enemy closer, as well as take advantage of enemies who do not give him space and only attempt to dodge his swings by narrow margins.

[member="Valdus Bral"],

Alright, first things first, I will need you to find the hyperlinks for each of the items you specifically mentioned in the sub for your metals. (Beskar, Phrik, likewise). It is one of the general rules stated here.

Secondly, I will need to address the elephant in the room with your mention of Cortosis. Yes, while it is lightsaber resistant, It was used in armors, and weapons not because of its Lightsaber resistance, but because of its pure over all ENERGY resistance. In fact, for Cortosis to be mined out from caves, one had to do it with picks, jack hammers, and physical tools rather than a plasma cutter, or an energy based tool. Reason being, that Cortosis is electrically charged against energy based uses. In its unrefined form, it could kill literally any species that happened to breathe in the dust because it would absorb the heat energy from the person's body. Hutts, who have a enzyme that were energy Resistant, also died from it even when they had a leg up.

The reason that Lightsabers short out when coming into contact with Unrefined, or refined Cortosis, is because the Lightsaber's electrical loop, was broken. So blaster weapons, or energy tools, as they were not directly linked to an electrical loop much like the sabers, instead caused little to no effect upon them. So, with that in mind, Even if you were to use the Laser Gate system upon the weapon, (which acts much like a plasma filament akin to the Vibro-Voulge weapons with the First Order) Would also not affect cortosis, or even be shorted out.

As this goes directly against canon, I will have to ask you to remove only the mention of Cortosis from the submission of being able to cut through it.

Otherwise, this submission is very well put together and has had thought put behind it. I do enjoy the premise, however, it is not balanced, and goes directly against canon.

Valdus Bral

️ Clan Bral Alor ️| Warlord of Nellogant
[member="Auberon"]

That's my mistake on Cortosis, in the years I've done star wars rp across various mediums I haven't come across the factoid that it is equally disruptive to all forms of energy based weaponry. I accept that though and it seems I overlooked a large benefit of Cortosis. The entire bullet point has been removed.

Thank you for you compliment. I linked the mentions of Beskar, Phrik, Vibroweapon, ultrasonic emitter, etc.

[member="Valdus Bral"], Thank you very much for working with me on this.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I know you have in the past, and this past week for me has been busy as hell, so I will get to it when I can if you do happen to ask me here. If you want to reach me a little faster, you can contact me on Discord if you have one.

Otherwise, enjoy this nasty weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom