Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Mythosaur Enhanced Turkey Armor | M.E.T.A. v.1.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
MYTHOSAUR ENHANCED TURKEY ARMOR

M.E.T.A. v1.0.0.

XQTbIWu.png

Image Source: Final Fantasy/Square Enix

Intent: To Develop A Terrifying Standard Armor for the Armored Turkey Unit (A.T.U.)s of the Clans and, in conjunction, get all of you to stop laughing at my turkeys. You think this is a game? This is not a game. Every one of you is going to want to ride a turkey after this.

Animals Who Can Wear: Salyr Gaar, Dantooine Plains Turkey

Development Threads:
Fowl Weather on Dantooine | Mand'alor meets with Crusader Halo to discuss Turkey Ranch Operations (Ongoing)
Marketplace purchase of Turkeys | This is an OOC thread but serves as both the OOC and IC reference of origin for this submission. (Not Applicable)
Rusty E-mail Correspondence with Mand'alor | This is a short IC thread of the e-mail correspondence expressing Mand'alor's pursuance of Turkey technology. (Short posts)
Mining Operation On Vanquo | Ra helps secure a mining operation from pirates on the planet Vanquo in. (Dominion)

Manufacturer: Mandalorian Clans

Model: M.E.T.A. v.1.0.0

Affiliation: Mandalorian Clans/Mandalorian Crusaders

Modularity: The M.E.T.A. v.1.0.0 is a barebones kit meant to be created as a basic foundation for upgrades. Modular.

Production: Mass Production.

Material: Mythosaur bone horns, Pe'nr Be Uavrr cured leather, Ori'ramikade Eukgar'gam plates, Mandalorian Steel weave, Titanium Vibroblade Talons.

Classification: Anti-Blaster Multipurpose Assault Armor

Weight: 30kg

Quality: 7

Special Features:

I. 4 large compartments are built within the armor for storage. One on each arm, left and right. The front breast chamber contains a larger cavity, but is much smaller due to the need to house the twin jet packs and fuel. The last compartment is located at the rear base of the neck facing the rider, and is large enough and designed to house a ysalamiri nutrient frame.

II. Makes the Turkey Immune to Noise/Ion Blasts. Due to the stupidity of the flightless birds this armor is created for, the visor both diminishes the vision and hearing of the bird by use of the absorption mask concept, forcing the turkey to rely on the rider's physical instructions and the bird's life-long training as a war mount.

III. Twin Jet Pack Propulsion. Though minimal in effect compared to it's much larger cousins, the Sky-Strike twin jetpacks equipped on the META armor is able to propel a mounted and fully equipped turkey 25 feet. Fully fueled, the jetpack may initiate this propulsion at the rider's command up to seven times before requiring refueling. This method allows the already fast land avian to quickly engage and disengage as needed by the rider.

IV. Light-weight metals and heat-resistant blaster-resistant leather. This makes the bird much more heavily armored and durable in battle, as well able to carry on prolonged assaults in most Type I Atmosphere environments.

Strengths:

+ Blaster Resistant
+ Lightsaber Resistant
+ Lightweight
+ Heavily Resistant to Sonic/Ion
+ Jetpack Propulsion

Weaknesses:

- Legs are exposed. Only the hide covers the back of the bird. This armor is meant entirely for frontal charge assaults.
- Negates eyesight/hearing of the bird. If you become separated, you must come back to it. It will not hear your calls.
- Not meant for a beast of burden. A turkey can only carry minimal weapons and one rider in addition to this armor.

Description:

Ra, as one of his first acts in the office and title of Mand'alor, requested buyer's rights to several parcels of lands from Clan Verd and the Mandalorian Crusaders in an effort to begin farming and ranching Dantooine Plains Turkeys to be bred and trained for war. The Iron Wolf Vizsla has always been a fan of utilizing every tool at his disposal, and sees potential in the Dantooine Plains Turkey as a beast of battle in the upcoming campaigns of the Mandalorian Clans. Upon being granted the rights of passage, trade, and purchase of the parcels of land construction immediately began for growing and training the birds on Dantooine. Many other operations began to immediately spring up, including Rusty of Rusty's Finery and Cutlery offering to help develop and weaponize technology for the avians. Several million credits were immediately poured into this exhibition from Clan Vizsla as Ra pursued whether or not it would be viable to use the birds in combat as mounts.

The primary function of the armor is to allow close combat durability to the bird in frontal engagements. The armor will see most of its use in close quarters combat on open battlefields as an armored mounted division, though the armor will also allow for several urban and guerilla engagements to be pursued. As the animals this armor equips are only able to breathe in Type I Atmospheres, the armor is not tailored nor will it see much action in other atmospheric conditions.

Ra has also issued the mandate that these turkeys are to be used as "equalizers" on the battlefield considering the opponents of the Mandalorian Clans are mostly Force Users. Though equipping a nutrient frame on the back of a Dantooine Plains Turkey doesn't sound like the greatest idea in the world, consistently increasing the radius of the sphere of influence of a single ysalamiri is key in pushing a war effort against the growing Force User threat of the Galaxy. Everyone seems to be a karking Force User these days, and Ra's chief goal is to bring them down to size with as many available options as possible so they are forced to fight the Mando'ade on his terms. Instruction and allocated funds has been granted to Miri Farms for the pursuance of modulating better anti-Force User capabilities with the land avian. Though it may seem strange that Ra's first idea to combat the Jedi and the Sith was to do so with Turkeys, the strategy of having 10,000 guerrilla turkeys on the ground actively engaging a Jedi or Sith-led army grants Ra much sleep at night and ample opportunity to make battlefield puns.

The armor, artistic concepts designed by [member="Funky Balor"] and the smiths of Clan Balor, resembles a statue-esque portrait of the might Mythosaur of Mandalore. Two arms hang down on either side of the saddle armor and horns protrude from the lion-esque face mask. A long dark mane follows the top of the head down to the base of the neck, even covering the fourth hidden compartment. On a massive scale, the armor is painted a purplish black to strike fear in the hearts of the enemies of Mandalore. The bird's talons are covered in titanium vibroblades, allowing the bird to - with force - rip through durasteel. The twin SkyStrike jetpacks hang near the bottom of the enclosure and face an opening closer to the feet of the bird - the titanium and cured hide the bird wears helps dispel the heat, but it is only advised to use the jetpacks in short bursts. This fierce design concept was concieved in order to strike terror in the eyes of the enemies of Mandalore.

Different color armors are introduced, as well, but they only signify rank and Clan.

Primary Source:
Penr-be-Uavr - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/84753-penr-be-uavr/
Absorption Mask - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Absorption_visor
Skystrike Miniature Jump pack x2 - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/58305-sky-strike-miniature-jump-pack/
Mythosaur Bones - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mythosaur
Ysalamiri Nutrient Frames - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nutrient_frame
Ori'Rami'kade Euk'gar'gam - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/79221-oriramikade-eukgargam/
Mandalorian Steel - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/78810-mandalorian-steel/
Dantooine Plains Turkey - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/34635-dantooine-plains-turkey/
Titanium - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Titanium
Salyr Galaar - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/84453-salyr-galaar/

Contributing Writers:
Knowingly or not, these members contributed to the creation of this submission and deserve due credit.
[member="Gilamar Skirata"] (Leather)
[member="Draco Vereen"] (Metal)
[member="Rusty"] (Concept)
[member="Zef Halo"] (Turkeys)
[member="Captain Larraq"] (Steel)
[member="Mia Monroe"] (Anti-FU Techniques)
[member="Funky Balor"] (Artistic Design)

Okay, it's been a long time since I've been a factory judge, but I still make submissions and the like, so I'm gonna point some things out.

* You're explicit about the fact that the nutrient frame is an optional upgrade, which is good. The manufacture and distribution of nutrient frames for the purpose of equipping these war turkeys will likely require another thread to avoid a fething pile of reports the first time we used them equipped with the things, so keep that in mind.
* I think that Mandalorian Steel is explicitly not as durable as Beskar, that is a weakness that should probably be written down.
* It's likely that a judge will want an explicit size or volume for the compartments. I do not have a recommendation for the number because I suck at the metric system.
* Possible that someone will demand a forging thread for this on top of the mining and design threads, but honestly, you're already well over twenty posts in, and I have no doubt you'll happily enlist a few eager Gorans in this lunacy, likely myself included.
* The weight, and the possibility of bird-towed siege weapons, is a fun one.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Funky Balor"]

Please do not comment in Factory submissions. We appreciate the help and welcome any comments you have but in the future please post them in the main factory thread and link the submission you are referring to instead of posting directly in the submission. :)

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Ra Vizsla"]
first off this thing scares the bejeezus out of me.....
To address [member="Funky Balor"] concerns

Funky Balor said:
* You're explicit about the fact that the nutrient frame is an optional upgrade, which is good. The manufacture and distribution of nutrient frames for the purpose of equipping these war turkeys will likely require another thread to avoid a fething pile of reports the first time we used them equipped with the things, so keep that in mind.
He hs the wiki page linked and as these have been used by people in backpacks and myself on the bridge of my ships I do not see any need for an additional thread. These can be purchased from Spaarti

Funky Balor said:
* I think that Mandalorian Steel is explicitly not as durable as Beskar, that is a weakness that should probably be written down.
it is plainly stated in the submission that this is equivalent to Matrix armor and not Beskar.

Funky Balor said:
* It's likely that a judge will want an explicit size or volume for the compartments. I do not have a recommendation for the number because I suck at the metric system.
it would just be a weight capacity and it is not required in the submission under the current template format

Funky Balor said:
* Possible that someone will demand a forging thread for this on top of the mining and design threads, but honestly, you're already well over twenty posts in, and I have no doubt you'll happily enlist a few eager Gorans in this lunacy, likely myself included.
The only thing that needs a forging thread is Beskar and since this does not have any it would nor require one.

Funky Balor said:
* The weight, and the possibility of bird-towed siege weapons, is a fun one.
I agree that also scares the bejeezus out of me.

As for the submission
Nice work but of course That's expected ;)

I will endeavour to figure out a way to kill these things....

Its ambitious and frighteningly powerful but not broken, the work is solid and the submission is locked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom