Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Mysterious Ways

Exocron. Certainly a strange place. Hard to get to, isolated, and ruled by criminals. Perfect for making some contacts and sell a crate of illegally stolen weapons. Heck, Dominik had a lot more than one after taking that hovertruck from a weapons factory on Coruscant, but this was to be a small trade and meet some faces that worked for the people who ran the place. Anything bigger and he'd get attention, and he didn't want that. He used to have at least one contact here, but because of the gas giant it was inside of there was no way to make regular contact. He had to do it in person, or at least on-world. A lot of people died during his ten years asleep. How many died here?

It turned out that the one person he knew didn't die, surprisingly. He was a muscular Togruta that looked like he was part rhino, called Basip. He had kept his head down and done his job, even got a few promotions. Once Dominik made contact, a meet was set up for him to exchange the crate. A small thing, really. It was probably going to just be Dominik, Basip, and maybe two of his people. That was not what it turned into.

Dominik stood there at one end of the hanger where it was arranged to be, near the large hanger doors that stood open. His single crate of weapons sat behind his legs, and a number of metal crates and boxes stood around the far side. The middle was empty, clear for where ships would land. For now, there was none. Basip and three of his subordinates walked with him towards Dominik, but he was already itching to run. Basip's demeanor was too much like a hungry shark closing in on an unsuspecting tuna, and Dominik could see the barrel of a rifle, held by someone ready to come around the corner of the large shipping container to one side, poking out. These guys were amateurs, or at least that one was, but if there was one, there were probably thugs behind each container and crate. But if he ran now, he would show Basip that he wasn't so scary anymore, not so invincible and who could be scared away from his payment. Sure, it would be worse to be dead, but Dominik had been in worse straights. Didn't mean this was a walk in the park, or anyting.

Dominik wore a dark gray tight-fitting pilot's jacket with a clear shoulder-holster with an A-180 there. He had a holdout-blaster under his left sleeve, and a combat knife sheathed at the base of his spine on his waist. He had his ace in the hole, his DX-2 Disruptor blaster, was holstered on his right leg. Honestly, it felt like overkill for this small deal, but he was happy he had brought them. His arms were crossed as he stood there, eyes not focused on anything but everything, taking in anything that moved.

Basip stopped about thirty feet from Dominik and spoke, voice loud and resonant. "So, White Agent, what's with the color change? Never seen you out of that white armor you used to wear." Right, Basip was all the way back from when he was known as Agent Dominion, working for The Project under Sith control. He did have a uniform look back then with some pretty sleek armor. Dominik also didn't fail to notice that Basip stopped far enough away to not get accidentally shot if he gave the order. He knew of the men that were hidden.

"Don't worry about me, Basip. I've seen you've risen in the ranks. No longer a flunky." He could have added, 'like all the men you have hiding', but if Basip was the same twitchy man that Dominik remembered, that just might give him cause to start the party early. "Means you have more to pay me." Dominik said. What was his plan to get out of this? Shoot his way out? Possible, but besides the crate of guns at his calves, he had no cover. It would also be messy and unproductive. If Basip brought this much firepower, it either meant that he was intimidated, or wanted to intimidate.

Basip barked a single laugh. "It means I have more weight on my side to negotiate, less to pay, more to gain."

"Really?" Dominik said, frowning and shifting his weight to center on both legs, easier for quick ducking behind something. "You know I don't want credits. I want connections. People. Information."

"And you know that one crate of weapons is only worth credits." He smiled, showing teeth that he had actually sharpened. He was really going for that shark look, huh? "And I know that you never only have one thing to trade. You have more weapons. You never don't have them."

Dominik's trigger finger twitched against the handle of the blaster in his shoulder holster, the act hidden by his crossed arms. His eyes narrowed. So that's what the big man wanted.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

The Thunderstruck touched down a few minutes ago, right by one the closed hangars. Some minor repairs were needed after a run-in with an asteroid field. The planet Exocron was nearby, so he decided to pay a visit.

From what he had heard, there were some shady people in this place. Well...the entire Outer Rim was full of shady people, but he heard these ones were just a little different. No direct answer was given on why, and he wasn’t in a rush to find out.

Pushing the door open to the nearby hangar, he was created with what looked like a black market deal. One man towards the back of the hangar, surrounded by lots of men and lots of guns. He tried to slowly back out of the building. Unfortunately, he knocked over a crate sitting on a shelf. The swivel of a gun could be heard, and a lonely shot was fired his was.

Quickly, he ignited his lightsaber, deflecting the shot. Uh oh. Now most of the men turned his direction, staring.

“Uh, hey guys, I was just on my way out...”

Before he could make it out of the doorway, more shots were fired at he. He must of nerfed up bad. No one else was supposed to be here.

Well, guess now he was. Standing steady with his lightsaber, he prepared for a fight.

Dominik Borra Dominik Borra

Dominik's eyes, along with everyone elses', turned to find a kid. A kid. Oh crap. Dominik knew what was about to happen to him just walking in on something like this. They would shoot first and ask questions later. One of the men shot at him, and Dominik turned his head away. He remembered when he had shot a kid not too much younger than this one. He didn't want to see that again.

But the sound of a lightsaber being ignited made his head jerk back. The young kid had a blue lightsaber and deflected the blaster bolt! This kid was a Jedi! Well, probably a padawan who just walked in the wrong door, but this was the only chance to get out of this trap Basip had planned. With everyone's eyes on the Jedi kid and blaster bolts firing his way, Dominik moved around and opened the crate he had brought out, crouching to use it as cover.

He had planned for something like this, and so he had the top two weapons loaded and ready to fire. The first was a grenade launcher, and he had packed it with smoke canisters, except for the last round. He fired the first shot at Basip's head, the large Twi'lek man having just spun back to see Dominik crouching with the weapon. Dominik pulled the trigger. Those things move a lot faster than people give them credit for. In less than a snap, it had traveled the space and smacked Basip on the skull, knocking him to the ground. White smoke instantly began pouring out of it, and Dominik sent three more grenades out into the hanger.

Some blaster fire was directed at him, especially by Basip's goons that had stood near him. Most hit the crate Dominik crouched behind, but one of them jumped at Dominik. With his holdout pistol, Dominik quickly shot him dead, not enough time to pull out one of his holstered guns. The other had come around Dominik and grabbed Dominik's arm holding the pistol and pushed his blaster to Dominik's side.

Dominik twisted his torso, the blaster bolt meant to score his insides burning the back of his jacket instead. He swung the heavy grenade launcher into the man's head, knocking him to the ground. He fired his holdout pistol onto the man, center mass, only to find him wearing armor that stopped such low energy fire. With a frown, he retracted the pistol and pulled out the second loaded weapon from the crate, an E-11 rifle, and fired into the man. He had fired his pistol, but the bolt missed Dominik by a hair in the smoke.

He crouched back down behind the crate and thought for a moment. He could prioritize getting out of here himself, but he'd leave the Jedi and his weapons. He could take the crate out of here the same way he came in, but he'd leave the Jedi. Or he could help take the Jedi out of here, maybe get his guns back later, and get out of here. He didn't have much and these guns were a good bargaining chip... But they were no Jedi.

He slung the grenade launcher over his shoulder with a strap and held onto the E-11 with both hands, and ran through the smoke towards the wall of the warehouse. There was less smoke there and he made his way towards where the Jedi kid had been. He encountered a few of those goons who had been hiding to take him out, and with the E-11 and the element of surprise, they didn't pose a threat much longer.

Blaster bolts danced throughout the warehouse.

Thankfully his lightsaber helped him deflect most of the incoming fire, but a few came too close for comfort. Ducking behind a nearby crate, he reached for his pistol. Letting out a deep breath, he stood up and faced the attackers.

Instead of being created with more fire, all he saw around his was smoke. Either something was on fire, or someone threw a smoke grenade. Whatever one it was, he didn’t like it. Reaching out with the force he found three nearby enemies. With the pistol on stun, he fired a volley of shots at them. Following the shots were three loud crashes as the men fell to the ground.

As more and more of them men got taken out, he started to realize that he wasn’t the only one attacking them. Someone else was in here as well, not on their side. That didn’t exactly mean he was on the Jedi’s side either.

Nearby he sensed someone else creeping through the smoke. Locating him with the force, he aimed his pistol towards the individual.

“Don’t move.”

Bringing around his lightsaber, he used it as a ‘shield’ of sorts next to his pistol. He just hoped this person wouldn’t fire first.

Dominik heard the thrumming sound of the lightsaber getting closer and closer, and he was happy that the kid hadn't moved all too much. He heard the all-too-familiar sound of stun blasts going out, certainly not coming from these criminals. So the Jedi didn't like killing when he didn't need to eh? Good kid. Then he heard the sound of the blaster being leveled at himself, the white-blue hue of his saber seeping through the smoke. He was told not to move. Dominik was good at what he did, but a stun blast would take him just as easily as any other guy. And being found unconscious here would be the same if the kid cut him to pieces with that saber. Dominik stopped and raised his E-11 into the air.

"Kid, I'm on your side," Dominik said, his voice low as not to be heard too easily. "I don't want a dead Jedi Padawan on my conscience, and the galaxy has a real lack of you guys at the moment. We need to get you out of here. How did you get here? We should leave the same way."

The tip of the blaster peaking through the smoke made him tense up quickly.

He soon realized that the man was just raising it to show he wouldn’t attack, but that still didn’t mean he wouldn’t just strike once his guard was let down. So he kept the pistol trained on the man.

“Ok first off, not a Padawan. Secondly, how do I know that you aren’t going to attack as soon as I turn around?”

Muffled groans and mumbles could be heard from the men he fired on. They would be getting up soon. This wasn’t good.

Keep the pistol and saber raised, he slowly began to back up towards the door. He needed to get out of here before he got killed, no matter if this man was on his side or not.

Maybe he could help him once the trust was gained. But now, he was just another threat.

"Not a Padawan?" He asked. "But you're just a-" Kids didn't like being called kids, he knew. "Look, If I wanted you dead I wouldn't have shot the men behind me who were flanking you. And I probably would have shot you before I got close enough to talk." The blue light of his saber began retreating towards what Dominik thought was the door that the kid had come through. He was cautious for sure, and rightly so to be cautious of Dominik.

"I'm not with these guys. They were about to kill me before you walked in. I can give you my word that I'm on your side. I've helped Jedi out before." He said. He could also say that's he's killed quite a few, but that was a different lifetime ago, and wouldn't like to do so now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom