Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My own slice of Voss (PM to join)

I'd already finished loading everything I owned aboard my ship The Cherry Blossom and I'd been recently doing some flying around Voss to scout out the landscape. I'd found a sinkhole out in the jungles of Voss that had a natural waterfall spilling down into it. Last week I'd set down inside the sinkhole to make sure I would be able to be use it as a space for my own home here on Voss. After having The Cherry Blossom map out the area I'd learned several things about this space. It had a natural hotspring down inside the sinkhole and this was also the best place to have a view of what my mother, and all of my teachers had referred to as the sacred three. Sunrise, sunset and an undisturbed view of the stars.

Even though this was a hidden place on Voss my repeated trips, and the fact that I'd be transporting various materials out here via my ship I knew I'd have to take precautions such as a stealth drive and sensor dampening fields. I needed very few things in life but privacy was one of them, and so over the last week I'd installed a stealth drive, sensor jamming package and various other surprises aboard The Cherry Blossom. Now I was busy taking ownership of a large shipment of raw materials. Loading everything into the cargo bays and taking off I'd flown out to my new property.

Landing I took a repulsor-craft out of my cargo bay loaded down with several sensor jammer packages and stealth field generators and set them up in hidden locations around the sinkhole. Several of them I'd planted in discreet locations around the sinkhole and having activated them they burrowed into the rock and surfaces of the sinkhole. I'd spent the last day and a half with my sabers cutting out a series of rough staircases and levitating the rough rock into various locations in the sinkhole. As I finished placing the sensor jammers and stealth field generators I went back to my ship and unloaded the materials. Around two tons of raw wood from Eshan, several hundred tons of high-grade durasteel, and several hundred pounds of glasteel.

I'd learned construction on Mandalore at the recommendation of Arja and here I stood about to start building my own home. I'd made several measurements and having used my saber to cut the materials down to the correct size I'd begun cutting into the cliff face there was enough room now to start laying materials I'd cut in bit by bit and made sure to cut square holes above my head and below me. Now I was levitating durasteel beams into place and now as they sat in support positions under the cliff I levitated durasteel plates over towards me and pulled out a plasma cutter and set it to where it would weld rather than cut.

Knowing of the hot-springs nearby I'd made sure to utilize the natural geo-thermal properties in order to heat my dwelling. I'd brought piping down as well and now I set to work welding the durasteel support plates around the durasteel support beams. It was much slower than cutting or quick welds with my sabers but that was as it should be as it was I knew I'd need to weld the durasteel plates to the base of the support beams in order for the geo-thermal system I'd be installing to heat the floorboards. I'd just finished welding down the durasteel plates to the floor and padding back out I saw that the sun was setting. I knew I should stop but I was determined, I'd made sure the wood was from Eshan but I couldn't just cut it with my sabers so after taking measurements I'd set the automated vibro-saw to cut the wood into the planks for the floor and most of the house.

Taking the discarded wood and levitating it and some of the raw rock into a fire circle I ignited the wood with my aqua saber and deactivating it clipped my saber back to my belt. Holding my hands in front of the fire I began heating up some rations and began to eat and before long I fell asleep next to the fire...

I woke up as the sun was rising and quickly making a cup of caf and got back to work. I wanted to make this house at least two stories though I'd already set up the base floor with the durasteel base and support beams. So levitating several planks of Echani Cherry wood I brought them in and with relative ease fitted them into place and using durasteel nails I began driving them into the walls securing them in place. After I'd set up the back walls I began with setting up the Geo-thermal heating system. I'd brought down both a pre-fabricated shower stall and bath system and after hooking them into the geothermal system I finished setting up the Master bathroom at the very back of the cave.

I'd also levitated larger sections of durasteel into the cave now having slid them into position with The Force I ignited my aqua saber and spot welded the durasteel wall into place at the base first then at the top. As I slid my saber out from the base and top the heat I'd created welded the metal areas together. I went through and did this again with the other durasteel beams I'd welded into walls with my saber. Securing the walls into place I went and levitated more Echani Cherry wood into the Master bedroom and fitting the planks into place I secured them down again. I went from the Master bedroom outwards fitting the planks into place and securing them down. The house I'd been making was coming together the interior was done I'd fitted the shower and bathtub into the Master bedroom area I'd made earlier. I'd bought several pre-fabricated things the shower and tub I'd already set up and now after having secured down the floor of the whole house I brought in the kitchen module and activated the set-up sequence.

I'd made sure to set up plumbing and water hook-ups and left several nooks and crannies in order for the hook-ups to connect when I activated the kitchen module. The electrical systems I'd set up weeks in advance tying them into the Geo-thermal energy generators so now when I activated the module the different parts of the kitchen separated out. The sink and it's chromium set up with the stove emerged and the magnetic clamps hooked to the water hookups. The waste collector was in place to collect waste matter and turn it into fertilizer for the plants I planned to grow here. I slid the refrigerator and freezer unit into place and using The Force I lifted the electrical and water connectors so they clicked into place. The kitchen was set up save for the island I rolled into place I activated it and it anchored to the durasteel beam in the center of the kitchen fairly close to the kitchen sink and within a few steps to the fridge.

Having secured the bedroom and kitchen and everything inside covered with Echani Cherry wood. I padded back outside and activating the automated vibro-saw to cut more Echani wood for the outer bit of the house I walked over to where I'd deposited most of the raw stone I selected several slabs of rough stone and levitated them over towards a sheltered spot out of the spray of water. I'd set up a gravity fed irrigation system and now levitating the large sections of rough stone I deposited them as I levitated more raw stone and set it down into a short square and igniting my saber I placed the blade through the stone and quickly made four holes length-wise and then four vertical holes then I took four poles of durasteel and cut them in half with my saber and sliding them into place length-wise I placed my saber at the vertical holes and igniting it I super-heated the durasteel and dropping a durasteel pole into the vertical slot fused them together. I repeated this process three more times and finished creating my outdoors fireplace.

Igniting my saber as the sun started fading I used The Force and turned on the construction lights I'd set up several days ago. Walking over to a wall over by my house I lifted several large chunks of stone with The Force and set them into a large square as I shouldered several bags of Voss soil and opening them poured them into the square of rough stone and taking several shoots of bamboo I'd clipped earlier I planted there in the rough stone square. It was right by the irrigation system so it would receive regular water and the opportunity to grow quite well. As I finished that I walked back over to where the vibro-saw had finished cutting the beams I'd needed taking a lance drill and setting the beams back to back I drilled through them and took six durasteel rods with threaded ends and placed them through the holes I'd drilled and then fitted them with the headboard and foot board and then tightened them down with durasteel bolts and a ratchet. I'd made sure to activate the second setting on the saw that would sand the wood down to where it was smooth and then spray a scent sealer lacquer over the wood. It was Echani Peach wood, and now I had a bed frame.

Levitating the whole frame of the bed I turned it vertically and brought it into the Master bedroom. Then walking back out I levitated several glasteel panels and fitting them into place in the Master bedroom and with the excess material I took my saber and cut it free. Now there were windows secured into place in my house. The Master bedroom had a view that had the falls outside and the kitchen window looked out over the reservoir from the falls. The sitting room by the kitchen allowed a view of the patio area where the fire square was as well as the garden that I was still working on. Walking back out I padded aboard my ship and levitated the queen size mattress down the ramp and into my house. Taking it into my bedroom I let it down slowly into the bed-frame I'd crafted. There'd still be much more to do tomorrow but laying down I quickly drifted off.

I jerked awake and realized it was still early in the morning, glancing out the glasteel window in my bedroom I saw the mist from the hotsprings and went out to my ship and grabbed a breakfast shake. I'd now been here for two days and my House was completed on the inside I'd finished up the outer walls yesterday with Echani Oak wood and now I'd need to start working on my garden area. I'd set up the firepit and had used the rough stone in order to build the bases of several benches then walking over to the pile of wood planks I'd had cut yesterday I took a mix of three Echani woods in my arms. Cherry, peach, and oak then I put them through the sander to smooth them down brushing off the wood dust and blowing it free I sprayed them down with a sealant then set them into place in the bases of the benches and inserted the backboards into the benches.

I'd need to head into town to grab groceries and start stocking my fridge and freezer. I'd already set up my microwave inside on a shelf I'd made of an Echani oak plank that slid into place in the area above my stove and oven unit. But I needed to stock my home with necessities before I had anyone out here. Walking back into my ship I grabbed a set of bedding and pillows and took them back into the master bedroom and set the bed up with fresh sheets before I began walking back to my ship. I grabbed the bathroom supplies and walked back into the house and set several folded towels into the storage area under the sink before hanging several on the chromium towel hanger next to the shower and bath. I'd set up the toilet and tied it into the water system as well, placing the shower and bath supplies I had into their respective places I had enough down here to warrant going into town and grabbing groceries.

I'd made this place as close to my home on Eshan as I possibly could have save for the trees we'd had. I'd already set up some bamboo shoots and now I took several of the most precious things I owned. Three different Echani tree seeds. The Echani Cherry, Peach, and Oak trees. I knew nothing about plant-surge but I'd set up several areas around the sinkhole that had raw earth and rough stone circles surrounding them. Now I walked to each area and after planting each one the Cherry by my house and the garden area there, the Peach over by the hot-springs and the oak over by the wall of the sinkhole it'd grow into the earth and the wall as well. Making sure that the irrigation system would water each tree and cut off at a certain time I fed my own Force energy into the planted seeds of bamboo, cherry, peach, and oak then funneled the energy of The Living Force all around the sinkhole to help them grow faster.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'd have young trees in each area. Now I headed back aboard my ship and having made sure all the materials were unloaded I engaged the engines and took off out of the sinkhole and mapping the coordinates to the nav-computer and labeling it as "Home" I headed into the city and after setting down I opened the hangar door and covered in wood dust I swung my leg over my speeder bike that was decorated with Cherry Blossoms and the quote about Aria. Then triggering the security system I sped out of the hangar bay and into the city to grab groceries and prepare to show Aria my new place. I couldn't wait for that or the look of surprise on her face...

[member="Aria Vale"]

I was covered in a thin layer of wood dust and metallic shavings from the work I'd done over the last two days and several nights before that. Now I wore a leather duster over my normal black crop-top and I perused the market on Voss there were things you just couldn't buy in a controlled grocery store. Fruits and vegetables were the majority of these items. Walking over to a fruit and vegetable stand I selected several large bundles of grapes, two bunches of bananas, a bundle of tomatoes, a bag of avocados, and several bags of cherries, peaches, and citrus fruits such as lemons and kiwis.

Making my way over to the merchant I held up a 50 credit chip and placed it in her hand and continued on my way. Now grabbing a cart I placed my purchased items inside and went along grabbing a bag of potatoes, lettuce, and spinach. Then making my way towards the dairy I grabbed a large bag of shredded cheese, several gallons of milk, eggs, sour cream and salted cream butter. Walking to the deli I ordered several bags of various meats and placed them in my cart as I also picked up frozen chicken breasts and fish fillets. Grabbing a box of tea bags and caf grounds I placed those in the cart as well before grabbing several boxes of meal bars and a bag of granola. I placed several loaves of fresh bread in my cart and grabbed several cloves of garlic. Walking to the checkstand I swiped my credit chip and bagging my groceries I walked out with the cart.

I'd spotted a small local stand that was selling local herb shoots to plant and walking over with my cart I grabbed several different shoots. Spearmint, Oregano, Thyme, Sweet Basil, and Dill. Placing a 60 credit chip on the counter I lifted four large bags of soil and two large bags of fertilizer with The Force and placing everything securely in my cart I pushed it over to my speeder bike and hooked them together. Swinging my leg over the side I started up the engine and pulled my cart back to my ship and engaged the cargo lift bringing my bike and the groceries aboard. Triggering the auto=pilot from my gauntlet I piled the bags of soil and fertilizer together on the cargo lift floor as well as the bags of food and such. Then I disconnected the cart from my bike and locked it in place with a mag-lock as I sat to wait to arrive back home.

I'd need to get everything stowed when I got back and then I'd grab a shower there wouldn't be any point in being clean if I was only going to get dirty again.

Next thing I felt was my ship decelerating and the feeling of falling before it touched down. Triggering the the cargo lift I lifted the bags of soil and fertilizer using The Force and then levitated my groceries as well. Gesturing with my left hand I stacked the bags of potting soil by the garden and fire-pit area along with the small plants that'd grow into a crop of spices I'd use for cooking. Then I brought the groceries inside and started putting things away the frozen chicken breasts and fish fillets I secured in my freezer before placing the fruit and vegetables inside my refrigerator along with the cheese, eggs, butter, milk, and sour cream. Taking another armful of groceries I placed two of the four loaves of bread in the fridge and the other two in the freezer. Then putting the various meats in the fridge I placed the Caf grounds and tea bags atop the black marble top of the island.

Using The Force I levitated the rest of the groceries into place in the cabinets. Making sure that was over with I walked back out to my ship and brought my kitchen stuff inside. My blender I hooked into the outlet on the durasteel beam. I'd used Echani oak to cover the beams and run wiring in behind the wood panels when I'd fitted the pipes. The dishes and various utensils I placed into storage cabinets under the island. Having done that I walked back outside and took several beams of Echani oak and using the saw I began cutting them to length and before long I had the beams cut to size and ran them through the sander smoothing them out. After the first four beams were sanded down I moved them back to the saw and cut notches into both ends on the four beams then lifting them over next to the bamboo shoots I'd planted yesterday I set the first beam down against the bamboo planter then slid the two other beams into place and using a industrial wood glue I sprayed down the ends and then sliding the last beam in place I did the same with the last two corners. Sliding wood panels into notches I'd cut into the wood beams I partitioned off a section and repeated the process of the wood beams creating a another two boxes.

Laying them atop each other I began stacking boxes and before long the shape of my multi-tiered planter box came into being spraying the tiers down with the wood glue I secured them down. Letting them sit under a heat lamp for several minutes and using The Force I lifted the whole planter box over next to the bamboo planter box. After setting it down I levitated two of the bags of nutrient-rich Voss soil over and opening them I mixed them with a bag of the fertilizer and poured the mix into the boxes and began planting a different herb sprout in each box. Spearmint on the bottom, Oregano on the next level followed by Sweet Basil then the Thyme and the dill in the last box.

Using The Force I levitated some of the warm nutrient-rich hotspring water guiding it with my hands and depositing a decent amount in each box then funneling some of my Force energy along with The Living Force into the plants I'd begun working with from the tree saplings to the bamboo shoots and herb sprouts and encouraged them with a handful of words. I said aloud, "Grow strong little ones, add your yet to be seen beauty to this place this sanctuary of mine." I felt a tad silly about talking to plants but I knew The Force was a way for everything to grow. Levitating the remaining bags of Voss soil and fertilizer over next to the planter boxes I also levitated the beams of different Echani wood over into three separate piles. Cherry, Peach, and Oak. Then I levitated the rest of the durasteel beams over next to the wood beams stacking them in layers until they were stacked about my height. Levitating the last of the materials the glasteel panels over I also lifted the vibro-saw and sander over here as well.

The sun was beginning to set and I needed to start setting up other things. With the repulsor-cart I set up the motion sensors and alarms that would alert me through my datapad if anything other than natural Voss wildlife began the descent down into the sinkhole. Walking into my ships I brought a box of lights out and set them up around the different paths in my sanctuary before I walked into my house and started my shower up to wash the dirt and grime from my body. Tonight I'd sleep well I knew it...

http://imgur.com/gallery/ytWDX(Planter box)
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e7/a8/ba/e7a8bae8eb33271f438001f34747d2a0.jpg(Lights)

Locking the front door I walked into my room and slipped out of my boots before I began to peel out of my clothes. Body bared I grabbed a robe and a large towel and slipping the robe on I padded over to the sliding glasteel doors I'd installed and covered with an Echani silk screen. Pulling aside the screen and doors I padded out to the backyard as it was. I'd discovered this area when I'd first come down here several weeks ago, there was a huge basin of water that was actually a natural hot-spring. There was a decent sized earthen bowl towards the end of the basin that ran directly under the waterfalls, I'd made the decision to build my house around this secret slice of paradise.

Padding over to the edge of the basin I slipped the robe off and after folding it I placed it next to the large body towel on the rough stone floor. Standing there nude I felt a warm breeze blowing through my hair and felt the pleasantly humid Voss night air on my skin. Then I slipped into the constantly warm water of the hot-spring. I couldn't wait to show Aria my home and have her spend time here with me I felt nervous about it though. I knew there was nothing in the code against having relationships and I truly did love her but as much as she was afraid of hurting me I couldn't but flash back to the battlefield of Jabiim and the look I'd gotten from Master Gan... It was of concern and worry with my use of Force Lightning. I never wanted to hurt Aria, but would I with the powers I was learning?

Right now I was alone with my thoughts and reaching out with The Force I noticed there were what felt to be fish down here in the basin out by ship. Delighted at this discovery I let out a happy laugh and sank to my nose in the warm, soothing waters and felt the tension in both my mind and body melt away into these healing waters...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/20/3b/f1/203bf15fdc9c113d2b205cd78fb27987.jpg(Hotsprings)

Jerking awake I felt so much lighter. Emotionally I was at peace, soothed. Stepping out of the waters I toweled off and carried my robe into my bedroom and now that I'd gotten some proper rest I pulled on a pair of workout pants and a plain black V-neck crop-top. before pulling on some climbing shoes and strapping my small combat belt with my sabers still clipped to them. Unlocking my front door I walked out to the area of the garden I'd stacked materials by. Ruffling through the durasteel beams and rods I pulled out a durasteel rod and doing a quick measurement I pulled it out and igniting my aqua saber I cut two small pegs the length of my fists back to back.

Walking over to the area behind the falls I used The Force to call the saber on my right hip to my hand and igniting it with a snap-hiss I stabbed a hole into the solid rock cliff face and pulling my saber back out I levitated it out to the side and away from me then I planted the first Durasteel peg into the hole and hauled my weight up so that I was hanging from the peg while I levitated my saber to my now free left hand. Repeating the process I stabbed another hole into the cliff face and then planted my second peg. Levitating my saber again overhead I did the same and made another hole before I slid the left peg up into the hole. I repeated this process again and again every so often I'd place a hole where I'd have to jump and plant the peg in the hole and others I placed so that I'd be standing on both pegs and I'd have to jump and free-climb while I used The Force to bring one of the pegs back to my hand. The purpose of this was to create something I could do for exercise and that would require me to use both my physical strength as well as The Force to make it to the top. Once there I could leave the pegs and jog back down the stairs I'd cut from the solid rock.

It also served as I could jog up and then climb back down. In any case, I now had an exercise obstacle down here as well. There were also natural hand and footholds as I'd climbed up I'd noticed. So I could free-climb as well I'd need to see if there were any deposits of chalk down here if I was going to attempt that. Jogging back down with the pegs I planted them in two holes at the base of the climb. Then I walked over to the garden and funneled a river of The Living Force and encouragement into the different plants down here. The Echani Cherry, Peach, and Oak trees as well as the Bamboo shoots and herbs I'd planted down here. I had yet to see significant growth in any of them except the Bamboo which was already beginning to grow taller and the shoots were starting to form a thicket of Bamboo.

I could feel the growth though in The Force. It wouldn't be long until the herbs were growing into healthy bunches and the trees were beginning to grow as well I felt their desire to grow taller and stronger. By the end of the month they'd be saplings and beginning to take hold of the Force Energy I was providing them with. They'd be tied into the network of The Force in this place. Walking back inside I realized I'd need to start construction on my workshop before long I'd save it for tomorrow I needed sleep now though so slipping out of my shoes inside my front door I turned the lock and padded into my room barefoot. Using The Force I flicked off the lights and before long I was drifting off to the thought of Aria here by my side sleeping beside me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom