Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Character Idea

Hello everyone.
Not many of you will know me since I am practically new to this site and I haven't been very active on this site yet because I have been thinking my character over, but I don't know if it is very good so I wanted to get the opinion of the site first before I did anything to expand on the idea, any criticism would be appreciated, I know that I am not a very good writer so if you see anything that looks wrong just tell me.

I have not come up with a name for this character yet because I have been so busy thinking everything up. When I joined the site I hade a look around and saw the species creation and decided that I wanted to have a go at it, so I came up with this species that was sort of a cross-over between a Nazgul from Lord of the Rings and a Dementor from Harry Potter with a few ideas thrown in there of my own, and I can't really describe the character without describing the species so I think that it would be best that if before I told you guys my idea for a character I would tell you my idea for this species. The very earliest of the species used to live on volcanic planet (which was very much like Mustafar) were they developed their own version of the dark side of the force, it didn't take very long before a Sith Master was drawn to the dark energy beaming from the planet, the Sith Master went down to the planet and enslaved the species, then continued to Korriban. But the new species revolted against him and went into hiding in the tombs of Korriban were they advanced further there dark side prowess, until they became slaves to it. That is only a breif description of the history I had for the species of course it is much longer than that but I am only being breif, under the black robes they wear ther bodies look like skeletons.

Anyway, I want my character to be one of these things, anyway my character would have been bred in a deserted tomb that layed forgotten far benaeath the Sith Academy of Korriban, from birth he had been very mysterious and 'weird' even in his own species eyes, he was considered to be an outcast by most others and he spent a lot of his time as a youngling reading ancient scrolls written by unknown Sith Lords and studying the history of his own species. It didn't take him long until he felt the urge to become a scribe, but he never got the chance because he was exiled from his own people and sent to explore the galaxy alone, were he came across a Sith faction who felt his strong connection to the force and began training him, he still secretly studyed the history of his people and soon found out about the Ring of Galisfder, the last leader of his people and he decided that once he had became a Knight and had some experience he would seek out this ring and take revenge on the people who wronged him.

That is only a breif outline of this character's history, but I want to know what people think of it so far, I don't want to embarass myself by doing something that wouldn't be allowed. So as I said before I would welcome criticism and any suggestions that anyone wants to make.

Howdy!

First things first, focus on making a species that makes sense. Fish people don't live on desert planets, for example. So come up with an idea as to why they're skeleton-like, or why they were drawn to the Dark Side of the Force, or why they're Nazgul like...etc.

Then, once the species is done and approved and all that jazz, then you can focus on the character and flesh him out more.

Also, be careful with how strong this connection with the Dark Side of the Force is. The more powerful you make the species with their Force connection, the harder it will be probably be to get it approved.

Okay Malachi I will take your advice and flesh the species out first,
I had originally came up with an idea about why they were in skeleton form but the idea didn't seem very good in my idea so I will think up something (hopefully soon) And I was going to make it so they were more like slaves to the dark side and very few ever had the power to control it properly.

Anyway, thank you for the advice I really appreciate it :)

Evasion Studios
[member="Orange Babbin"] One more thing to consider. This is 837ABY and some change. Korriban is -long- deserted. There is no life there, there are no academies and no one has lived on that rock for a very long time. Granted there are tombs, but most of those have been looted by robbers ages ago. Sure there's still a strong connection to the Dark Side radiating from that place, and haunted by Dark Lord's imprisoned spirits no doubt, but there is not activity on that planet anymore, and hasn't been for a while. So you might want to choose a different place.

Good luck though. Glad to see that you're thinking this through.

I have two choices to make about the planet know that Evad has kindly provided me with some infomation about Korriban.
On Korriban my species could be left alone undisturbed to do dark things in the darkness, or I could create a planet were my species sort of have their own living places and libaries etc. So I might make my own planet I for them to live on I'm not sure yet but I think that at the moment my mind is bending more towards the 'make my own planet' side of things so I can create the ideal enviroment for them.

Perhaps you could be a male Vahla with a skeletal tribal tattoo or something? Vahla are very attuned to the dark side of the force, canonically, and I think that modifying your character through roleplay to appear how you want would be more unique than creating a race for the sake of a single character. And much more feasible. [member="Orange Babbin"]

You guys sure are giving me a lot to think about, but I think that Silara's idea would be the easiest, but that would mean that I would have to change a lot of what I had planned for my character's history but oh well sacrifices have to be made.

But I still need a dark side faction, does anyone want to make any suggestion?

[member="Orange Babbin"]

You can join the One Sith, as we are the most dangerous of the Dark Side factions, but The Shadow Empire is another great choice.

I belong to both, so I can speak from perspective on the inside. I suggest the One Sith for now, but you can just as easily join both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom