Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Boat is Better than Your's (Coryth)

Alli Wren

Alli had her yacht parked and she was relaxing on the top of it. She loved Corellia. It was her favorite planet and she needed to relax.
It had been a long, long week. She had to clear her head. So here she was on her favorite planet sitting on her boat, that she had purchased with some money she had come into. She had a nice peaceful spot in the harbor, her boat was anchored, and no one should bother her. She thought. Her staff was out of sight and out of mind. It was a wonderful day to be Alli Wren.
The breeze and sun were perfect for sunbathing. It was amazing and she basked in the warm of the sun's embrace. Today couldn't go wrong she decided.

#2 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Home, Corellia was as close to a home that she had ever known. Here she was just coming into port along side a large yacht. The Prophetess, was a small ship only meant for four people, maybe six or eight if they really loved each other, cause gods knew there was not room in that ship to run from your problems. Being one of the few sailboats around the planet Coryth always drew a few looks as she came in and out. A few would always stop her to talk about it. Engines a mere afterthought with the ship. Just like everyone else she had them for emergencies but that was about it. They were rarely ever used.

Coming off of three weeks at sea, Coryth was coming back for supplies. The tiny redhead, standing no taller than 4'11 emerged from the little boat and stepped onto the docks and with a practiced grace tied off her ship in less than five seconds. She glanced over to the larger ship with a smile, admiring it for a few minutes. Something like that, was not something the former Jedi could ever dream to afford, not that she needed something of that nature. No, she was content with her ship, just big enough for her to get away from it all and release her frustrations, angers, and problems without harming others. Empathy was a real pain like that, constantly bottling up how she felt to protect everyone around her.

#3 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries

Excellent

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Alli had gotten up and was looking up and around. When she spotted a boat shore up, and not just any boat, a sail boat. So she decided to yell down. " Hey there!" It wasn't everyday she saw one of those. She had to talk to her. Alli sighed as she briefly thought of the events of the last week before buryiing them and running down to the dock. She waved again now that she was seen as she ran to her and smiled. Alli was friendly of late.. she attributed it to the fact she was lonely. " Hey, I couldn't help but notice you have a most interesting ship. "

She hadn't seen someone so short in a while.. and it sort of threw her off. " So I have to ask why a sailboat? "

#4 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire

Excellent

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Coryth snapped up, just rising from tying her ship off to hear someone calling to her. Feeling all manner of warmth and openness at the introduction, the little woman smiled brightly and glanced back over her shoulder to her ship, the brightly colored sail neatly rolled around the mast support boom, and tied off as was proper when the sail was not in use. " 'ello there," Coryth for being so untrusting of strangers felt that this one she could perhaps be alright with for the time being. What she picked up in the force and coupled with her empathy told her it was safe for now.

"Of all the things I've traveled off, from paddle boats, to canoes, to speeders , to transports, and fighters, there was nothing that really came even close to the freedom that I felt the first time a very old friend of mine took me out on the ocean in one of these." She smiled a little brighter, but a sadness was held in her eyes. Clearly someone that was no longer with her. "You see, unlike most ships, a sail boat ... as long as the winds are favorable can stay out on the ocean for months at a time with no need for fuel. The power on the ship is on a battery for lights, and the kitchen area and all. The engine just is there as an emergency back up."

Something else came to mind, "Also the worst of storms that I've weathered on the open sea, I've seen swallow large ships whole, but a boat like this, you can ride the wind and guide her safely home." Reaching up she forced the fiery stray locks back behind her ears, the rest was neatly in a ponytail. "There is a beauty in the simplicity of a ship like, The Prophetess. Takes real skill to manage her, and take care of her. My heart and soul is in this ship, and I wouldn't trade her for any condo or apartment or mansion anywhere in the galaxy. I'm happiest on the seas." She explained.

Stepping forward she felt the need to introduce herself. "I'm Coryth Elaris, former Jedi. Now I work with Omega Pyre as a healer for their ground forces." That was her purpose now, and her days off were always spent back here, any chance she could get. And if she got tired of the ocean, Sarge was allowing her to stay in his condo on Corellia, in the spare bedroom, purely friendship between them.

#5 Alli Wren

Excellent

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Alli smiled, she was in a rather revealing bikini. She was glad to meet a friendly soul. " Wow.. I have to say I wasn't expecting such an answer, I wish I had a passion like that. I have long loved the sea, and well due to a sudden gain I decided to buy this beauty. It was the best I could find. I know its a bit much but I like to live in the lap of luxury, I suppose. " She smiled and figured she better introduce her self, as after all the woman had introduced her self.

"Nice to meet you Coryth, I am Alli Wren CEO of Baktoid Industries. " She hoped that didn't scare off the woman. Alli wasn't your average meet, she was a ceo of one of the largest companies out there. It was always a problem she had. Once someone found out who she was .. well people tended to get weird. She was a bit worried that it might offset her new friend. " I will have to try my hand at sailing some time if it is as great as you say it is. "

Alli laughed and looked her over. " I have to say it isn't every day I meet a jedi. even if it is former. Would you care for some lunch on my ship? That is if you're not busy and don't mind. I just would love to get you something even if your not one anymore, jedi are protectors and worth some praise and at least lunch. "

#6 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire

Excellent

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

Coryth bowed her head slightly to the woman. "It's one of those things, I was born on a starship and ... I've never really found homes on solid ground to work well for me. Something never feels right, so the ocean came natural to me. It ..." She paused for a moment, taking in a deep breath of the salty air. "gives me a solace that I have not been able to find anywhere else." Truly it did, allowing her to let go of everything.

"It's an honor to make your acquaintance Alli." She said warmly. Her own clothing was simple, but covered everything. A long sleeve top in a violet shade, and long khaki pants, her feet were bare. They always were, on top of them were deep dark criss-crossing scars. There was barely an inch on her feet that were not covered with the marks that seemed to wrap around her feet and ankles. They were the very reason for the long sleeves and long pants. They were marks of torture, and covered every part of her body, save her neck, head and hands. Something that she was dearly thankful for.

"I could always take you out on a short trip sometime, show you what it's like to sail. That is, if you would like to try it with me. I could teach you a lot." That was one thing she loved to share, her love of sailing. It might have seemed odd that Coryth offered so suddenly to take her out so privately, but when it came to females, she trusted them more on a one on one basis.

Once more she bowed her head as she mentioned her Jedi status. "I'd love to have lunch with you. I was just coming back in for supplies, so I have nothing pressing going on, today." A hand did drop to her waist to a small white cylinder, sized just for her, etched upon it were simple words, one which she was going to repeat now to the woman before her. "I never stopped protecting people, I took an oath long ago, I shall do no harm, seek the weak, feeble, ill and wounded. Above all else, help those who need it most. No matter the side. No matter the cost. The words are not idly words, and something that still guides my life today. I am a healer, and its a power I use for good in whatever manner I possibly can. The Force is my guide and it always has been, always will be. I just know I was put into this galaxy to help as many people as possible."

#7 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries

Excellent

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Alli nodded a little thrown off. She didn't know what to think about it all. Alli just tried to keep her smile and focus on the present. "Right this way, I would love to sail with you some time, Coryth. I would like that very much. Alli had a lot of grief under the friendly exterior. The servants began to guide them towards a dining room where food was set out. Alli took a seat that was pulled out by a man, and one had done the same for Coryth. This was Alli's lifestyle. But for all these people Alli felt alone.

" I am really glad I saw you, I need someone to talk to, and here you are. So what do you do as a healer?" She asked curious of the profession. She began to dig in to whatever was on her plate, not really paying attention. It just gave her something to do. Alli had her cabin full of design plans and she had not slept except for when she passed out. She had luckily been out for most of the night so she was realtively awake now. It was nice to be away from it all but bad at the same time as she didn't have office work to bury her self in.

#8 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire

Excellent

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Coryth smiled outwardly, but deep down she could sense there was a deep heart wrenching grief buried just beneath the surface of the woman before her. "Sorry .... I completely ramble when I'm nervous. Something ... that gets me into trouble regularly and often." She followed slowly behind Alli, feeling a bit in awe of the ship she now found herself on. Big ships like this she rarely got a chance to get on and really have a look at. Beauties for sure but far too much fuss. "I'd would be my honor to take you out sometime. Just remind me and I'll make sure you have my comm frequency to get a hold of me, whenever you would like."

She bowed her head slightly at the man who had pulled out her chair and took a seat, her feet dangling almost comically a few inches off the floor. "Know the feelin'," She said softly. "The Force always has a unique way of drawing people together when it's most needed." Her lips curved into a soft smile. The words spoken made it clear that she still stuck to her teachings from the Jedi. "Well, as a healer, I've done many things. I interned at fifteen on Coruscant with the surgical unit there. At that point the Jedi Healers in the temple, no longer knew what to do with me, there was little left that they could teach me. Fought in many wars, traveled the galaxy a bit like a gypsy, healing those who needed it most and letting the force be my guide to the next person who needed my skills."

"Now, I work with a small platoon, mending everything from cuts and scrapes, to broken bones, blaster wounds, diseases of every kind. I do a lot. A lot for one woman, but it's my life, I love it. Every second of it I know I'm helping who need it most. And from time to time I'm sent off to other planets on my own to manage a new virus, a new illness that has popped up." She paused for a moment taking a small drink of her water, "Basically I'm a doctor without a license. Instead of medicines and stitches, I use the force as my tool. It's quite complicated but healing with the force starts for me at a cellular level, encouraging rapid cell regeneration and growth. The results are amazing." She closed her eyes tightly, grimacing for a moment before she looked back up to Alli, "Sorry .. rambling again."

"So Baktoid Industries? I have to apologize for not knowing more but I haven't been in the Known galaxy for very long, a couple months now at most and I'm still learning how much has changed in a decade. What is it that Baktoid specializes in?"

#9 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries

Excellent

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Alli laughed " it is fine, I think your rambling is sort of cute. plus it spares me from having to talk, now lets see, Well Baktoid sells droids, ships, weapons, minerals, and various other things. We also have a implant that lets you interact directly with a computer. We also produce a cure for cancer. " She said with a smile as she dug into the salad before her. She looked the woman over. Alli was curious about her. " So how do you like working for Omega Pyre?" She asked wondering if any of the food was to the woman's liking. " Do you like the food? I can have them bring something else out if you would prefer it. " She enjoyed her salad.

Alli had to keep her thoughts lite, as it was too easy to dwell on other thoughts. She had to keep busy. " I actually am building a state of the art medical facility. I was curious if you wanted to work there when you wish, I will pay whatever you demand, and understand if other places come first, I just figure if you are as good as you say, I should let you work for me. "

#10 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire

Excellent

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

A small faint hue of pink rose up in her cheeks. "Glad you think so, otherwise I'd be terribly embarrassed." The pink, just a sign that she still was in fact embarrassed, just not as badly as she might have been. Coryth listened intently as Alli explained just what it is that her company managed and handled in its day to day operations. A complex company, indeed. "Wow, that is amazing. A cure for cancer, I commend you. Seems like a stellar company."

Every now and then between talking Coryth had been taking bites of food here and there. Mostly drinking the water beside her plate. "The food is fantastic, truly. I'm used to eating ..." She bit her lip, a frown sharply creasing into her features "Some truly terrible things. But when you are on a strange planet, you have to do what you have to, to survive."

The frown faded and she looked up and over to Alli, "It seems like a place I could call home, which is saying a lot as I've never really had a home in the normal sense of the word. Only been with Omega for a little over a month now. They still haven't actually given me my proper assignment. I, at some point will be assigned to a platoon, bout forty men, give or take about five. So I just work surgeries right now, dealing with the more risky patients as I can do things, help things that normal medicine and machines simply cannot. A patient that otherwise would most certainly be dead, with my help can live and go on to a happy, healthy, life."

Then the offer. Coryth set her fork aside and leaned back into her seat, an arm folded across her chest, her hand under her chin, thinking. The pull of the force came quickly and hard for her, telling her this was something she should follow. Something she could help with greatly. "I'd happily work at the medical center. I do get stir crazy in hospitals, so likely just a few weeks, maybe a month at a time as I have time off, or just simply down time from Omega Pyre. I live to help others Alli. It is my life and any opportunity to help more people is something I'd happily accept."

She paused though, the thought of being paid anything she wanted was daunting, almost foreign to her. "You know ... I only just received my first paycheck in my lifetime, last week. So ... it's hard for me to know what to ask for in situations like these. I'm just .. not used to being paid for my work. So I've no idea what my work is truly worth in credits, if that makes any sense at all." Then the little redhead moved up again, her body relaxing back to the way she'd been before and she started back into her food.

#11 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Alli smiled " Of course, but I have to say that it is not so wierd, but you earn it. I will pay you what ever my payroll staff wants and more, as they are always talking about my bottomline, your worth it. So you shall get plenty when you work for me, I would have it be no other way. You should know that your work is valuable. I understand and will take you for as long or short as you wish. I would hate to have you go stir crazy. " Alli smiled being full her self. She didn't eat much these days. Ever since the incident. She looked up to Coryth. " I am sorry I am not much fun... I lost someone recently.. " yeah that was right Alli had lost someone, she had killed her. Alli had stabbed that lightsaber right through her heart until nothing was left. Granted she was already dead but it was on her too.. what if she had still been grasping for life, Alli had finished it. She had sealed the deal. She had killed the love of her life.. the woman that had broke her heart. Alli was shattered still. She didn't trust many people, no but she had put her trust into Circe and had given her hear heart. Circe had crushed it. Alli hurt all the time, she put on the facade of being normal, heck sometimes she had her self convinced but moments like these the truth was upon her. Alli was not over it. She was hurt, hurt bad. She looked to Coryth and felt bad dragging her into this.

" You can leave if you want, I just need some time, I will have you over again perhaps?" She wiped her eyes. " I will let you know when the center opens, and also let them know to expect you at your convenience. I might even take you up on your offer. "

#12 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

"You'd be surprised at the reactions I get, but being a Jedi, is not something you get paid for. They take care of your every need, sure, but no pay." Probably a sad fact given all the Jedi sacrificed for those around them. "As long as I can work in spurts, here and there, I won't mind. I'll remain sane and useful which is perhaps the best part. I'm just glad your flexible enough to allow for this. I do appreciate the offer."

It was about that time that waves of pain and sorrow washed over her from the woman across the table. Coryth's brow furrowed in concern. "Don't even worry on it." Even guilt was there as well. The tiny Jedi felt for her, so very much. Especially given the things she had been through, friends she had lost, and pain she had suffered. "I'm sorry for your loss. I know that pain too well. If there is something I can do, please let me know. I'd like to help you if I can." She paused, just opening herself to the emotions, allowing herself to truly feel them. "You don't have to suffer this alone, though. I want you to remember that, you do not have to be alone or do it all by yourself."

She shook her head slowly at the dismissal. Someone in this much pain, needed another there to help ease the burden. "I'm not going anywhere. You need somebody right now." Even Coryth had traces of tears in the corners of her eyes, and quickly pushed them away as she closed herself off again, getting back to her own feelings and emotions. "Just, let me help you. Don't do it all alone. There's nothing worse in the galaxy than to try to bear that burden on your own. I've been there and I don't want you to suffer as I did." Reaching her tiny hand across the table she laid it comfortingly onto Alli's. A way to say I'm here for you. Without ever saying a word.

#13 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

Alli felt relieved when the woman put her hand on her own. It did wonders, Alli had internalized it, tried to write it off, but it wasn't working. She looked at Coryth and gave a small smile. " I loved someone... We had a deal.. we could even flirt with others but we loved each other, and no one else. I kept my bargain... Work surrounded me, and I didn't even flirt with anyone else. I had prepared a meal, and had the night set up for a romantic night.. the first time in months since I had seen her. I found out She had married another... That she loved someone else. and it broke my heart to pieces. I trusted her... let her at a part of me that no one had ever seen and she put it all aside and went to someone else. Then... when I couldn't forgive her.. she " Alli sobbed as it all came racing back to her. She leaned back into her chair bringing her knees up and wrapping her arms around them. " She plunged two lightsabers through her chest. and I watched.. and didn't do anything and I was so angry at her that I proceeded to stab her over and over again with her own lightsaber. I had also learned that she had done terrible things you see... She ordered a genocide on ewoks.. and well was wanted for her crimes. so I gave her body to the Omega Protectorate. They took her away and that was the end of it. but I blame myself.. I know I shouldn't, the woman didn't love me... but I had loved her and she betrayed me. It hurts... so much knowing that in the end I watched her kill herself... I know that I couldn't of stopped her... and then I even stabbed her some more... and it kills me each day I wake up knowing this all. How am I suppose to live with my self?" Alli felt that it was her fault...

#14 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Coryth set her food aside, this woman became more important than anything else in the galaxy. She listened quietly, but was moving. Never did she move her hand from Alli's. She wanted her to know she was here for her. Seemed like the woman just needed a good friend, a shoulder to cry on. The tiny woman came about the table to stand next to Alli. Through the force, that touch she let warm comfort radiate into the mourning woman. "It's going to be okay. I promise. It's just going to take time." She said softly.

"Betrayal is the hardest thing. You never see it coming no matter what. You want to believe the best of the person you cared so much for. And clearly with this woman, you cared greatly." She sighed softly, "It's a hot knife into the heart, no matter how it happens. It makes you angry, hurt, in agony and nothing can ease that pain when it happens." Looking away from the redhead in front of her, she knew a similar pain. "You do foolish things, things you regret."

She leaned down to bring herself to eye level with Alli, which didn't take much with Coryth, tiny as she was. "Listen, the things with regrets. Look back now, at every single moment you've ever regretted. They hurt? Sure do. Badly at that. But the thing is, if you were to go back and change any of it Alli, you would not be the strong, powerful woman I see before me." She managed a slight smile, "Tears, are a sign of strength. Most people don't look at it that way, but it takes a lot of strength to allow yourself to break down, to be vulnerable as you are right now."

Her free hand went up to push back a few locks that had fallen out of place. "The Universe has unfolded exactly as it should have. I know this doesn't make the pain better or make your grief easier to bear. You just have to trust that the Universe and the Force all have a plan for you. And right now, it is time to grieve."

Closing her eyes, she wondered about the events but from what was described to her, the woman she spoke of was long dead before Alli got to her. "From what you told me, the wounds, were likely already fatal. You did nothing to add to that. Truly. Just trust in that." She said softly. There was no way to recover from wounds like that, not without someone like Coryth there. And even Cory would pay a terrible price for healing someone that far gone. "You've done nothing wrong, my dear. Nothing. The woman who caused you that much pain, dead before you, you naturally lashed out. We all get angry when we grieve. No one is truly exempt from that. Not even me." There was a distinct sadness in her words, talking from personal experience on her part.

"Time," She started. "It will take time, Alli. And you will come slowly around to accepting your part in what happened. Though you were not the cause of her death. It will be some time before you rest well, and can wake without feeling those awful emotions." Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, to give her some sense of reassurance that someone was there for her. "But, as long as you need me, I'll be here for you. Day or Night. Whatever you need, I'll help you however I can. Sadly, the pain I cannot take away, but I could help ease your burden and carry the load with you. Times like this, one should never be alone." Not like I was. No one deserves to suffer alone. She barely knew Alli but was offering something she rarely did. Just felt that the woman before her truly needed someone else in her life to help her.

#15 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Alli was sobbing, but she felt so much better with Coryth at her side. " Thank you, your words.. are what I needed to hear" She said sitting up and holding open her arms, almost picking up the woman to her. " Coryth " She out as she squeezed her tight. It felt right just to hold on to someone else. She was eternally grateful for her and she just held her. Alli was feeling better, if that is how you could describe it. She felt awful still but with Coryth holding her.. well more her holding Coryth she felt not as worse. She was not alone and that set a part of her at ease that she didn't know was suffering.

#16 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

As the woman seemed to pick her up quite nearly, Coryth seemed at first unsure what to do. People didn't touch her, grab her. She came to them, on her terms. But ... she knew, knew she could not freak out now, the woman needed her. She might only be the second to touch her in a decade, Coryth was starting to lose track of these things. Finally after a few tense moments she wrapped her arms around Allie and relaxed.

She managed a soft and small smile, still letting that warming comfort flow from her into Alli. Knowing too well the woman needed her, needed this moment and she could not take that away. No, she had no right to. Not when someone was mourning as deeply as she was.

Reaching up Coryth ran her hand against the back of Alli's head, trying to soothe her. Shifting her position, she moved onto her and allowed her to rest her head upon her little shoulders. "It's alright, Alli. I am here. Shhh.... It's going to be okay. You just cry it out. Let it out. Let it all out." It was something a dear friend had done for her. He had told her to pay it forward ... and she intended to. Each step, day braver, helping more people along the way.

#17 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Alli sobbed onto Coryth's shoulder, she hadn't let her self cry, not actually mourn for Circe. Alli let all her emotions out She just held Coryth in her arms and put her head on her small shoulders and cried. She cried and lost track of time as she did. Alli had never had anyone do this for her. She never even let Circe see her like this. Alli was feeling better. There was something about letting it all out that made her start to feel better. " Thank you.." She got out as she wiped her eyes, she had been crying for who knew how long but Coryth had stayed with her. " I have one question.. why.. Why did you stay with me. I mean you didn't have to but you did. " She let go of Coryth, well if she wanted to be let go, Alli was fine hugging her.
Alli felt better, still aweful, but better.

#18 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Coryth just sat there with her, letting her hold her and rubbed gently at the back of her head, just letting her cry for as long as she needed to. The woman had to let that pain out, or it would eat her alive. Something Cory knew too well. "You're welcome, Alli." She said, a soft smile on her lips, despite wiping a couple of her own tears away. It was difficult to be so close to so much pain as an Empath and not be drawn in a little bit. "Because you needed me. I did not need more reason than that to stay by your side. The force pulled us together for a reason. It would have been wrong to deny you what you needed most." Even when released, Coryth didn't move, not yet. "Healing, that is my life. Not all wounds bleed. In fact some of the worst are ones we never see."

She gave a small nod, "You need a friend it seems to me. So, as I said before should you ever need me, night or day I am here. A comm call away." It was only then that she rose off the woman's lap but only to draw her into a hug. "Right now, I've no other place to be. No place I really need to go, other than to pick up supplies, so I could always stay with you for now. Or you could come to my ship, and we could go out to sea. Take you away from everything, and everyone for a while. It might be just what you need. She might not seem like much but that ship can heal if you give her time. What do ya say? Stay here with you or come with me on a little adventure?"

#19 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Alli smiled a little bit. " I could use someone to go on an adventure with if you don't mind being on such a small boat with yours truely." She said with a smile, she was feeling more like her self. Which meant She noticed Coryth a bit more. She was a short yet cute thing. She had to admit and her hair was gorgeous. She said as she hugged her back and got up. " Unless you want to go somewhere on mine... and of course I will pay for your supplies while we go on your infamous vessel!" She said a bit excited. Alli was doing better, and the idea of an adventure set her mind of other things.

It wasn't everyday you made a new friend, so Alli looked at the girl hugging her and just smiled. " So my ship or yours? and are you ok with me paying for supplies.. It is the least I can do. " She said as she didn't want to not do something for the amazing woman that was Coryth.

#20 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Coryth managed bright smile in the wake of all the pain that still lingered in the air around them. "I don't mind, at all." She said seeming a bit happier to see her new friend willing to take that step. "Though, I will tell you this, there is no room on that boat to run from your problems. It will help you to face everything. And I will be there right at your side to see this through to whatever end it may bring."

She gave a nod at the offer to pay. "Such an offer, I cannot in good heart refuse. So, yes, I will let you pay for the things." Reaching forward she gave her a good pat on the shoulder, in the most loving of manners. "Just need to go into town, grab some foods. As I have no idea what you like to eat, but I can cook most anything so .. I'm sure we can find something. Need to grab some fuel at the docks, and maybe a little wine or something stronger if you like that. I do ... so." She gave a bit of a shrug, "Though, the alcohol I will pay for." That she didn't feel would be right to ask Alli to foot the bill for. "If that's alright with you."

"Why don't you gather some things? Clothes and the like, a swimsuit if you want to swim, the water is quite warm out there right now. It's your choice how long you want to stay on my ship. I'll bring you back whenever you desire it. So ... pack for a week ... even two. I don't mind. So that when we are out there and if you decide you wish to stay longer we don't have to worry about things like that. The open ocean is good for healing, good for the mind, body and soul." That was something she truly believed. Time and again the ocean showed her the way, cleared her blurred vision and made solutions to the toughest problems come to fruition. "Everything is on your terms, so just let me know."

Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

Alli smiled " Good, because I have it covered, and I will pay for the alcohol too, as I don't mind, Coryth, I own Baktoid Industries, as its sole owner, I can foot the biill so don worry. " She smiled " well then I get my clothes and you get the beer and food, which you can take one of my staff there with you to help if you need. " Alli said while thinking what to bring. It had to be somewhat small. She would bring some clothes that were good for the sea, mostly her swimsuit. She ran off towards her room and found a suitably sized suitcase and began loading it with ease. She couldn't wait. She had a staff member hand Coryth a credit chip that had more money than she would ever need for the trip.

Alli found she didn't have nearly the stuff to pack, so she sped off to try to catch with Coryth, hoping that she didn't miss her. She tried to catch up to the short woman that was being so kind to her.

#22 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Coryth for a moment paused her head cocked to the side. "You sure?" She felt bad for making the woman pay for her little personal need. "As long as you are sure, I'll grab what we need. Some good wine, nothing too expensive." Cory hardly knew what it was like to live without worry to money. Everything was bought inexpensively in her book, to save as much as she could. Knowing the money given to her from Cora and the gems stolen from the Sith that kidnapped her, would not last forever. Though, the way she spent it just might.

With the credit chip in hand, she turned off, left the boat and headed for the market. Knowing they were going for as much as two weeks or more. Or as little as a few days, she knew she was going to need help getting enough to last long enough so they never had to return until they desired it. So that being the case she grabbed one of Alli's staff members and took them off with her. What she brought back was an assortment of fruits, vegetables, fresh, frozen, meats that couldn't be fished in the ocean, and a few other small goods. On her way back she stopped at a liquor store, selected her favorite Whiskey, got three bottles, a few bottles of wine to pair with dinners, and some standard but excellent, at least in her opinion booze.

Between the pair of them her helper and Coryth both were juggling about fifteen sacks. When it came to things like this, it was normal for her to make sure there was plenty. Still oddly enough with all she had grabbed less than three hundred credits had been spent. After dropping everything off on the Prophetess, she returned to the docks, a couple fuel containers in hand and headed over to grab that. The last stop, a bait shop. Most of the meats they would be eating would come from the ocean. It made what food she did get, last that much longer.

Walking to a friend, she was prompt to borrow a couple traps. If they laid anchor somewhere she could bait those and get something else out of it. Netting she had, fishing poles and lines, all there. Nothing else she really needed the pair finally returned to the boat. She smiled giving a glance to Alli as she stepped over the small gap between her boat and the docks. "Think we have everything now. Just have to put this stuff away and we'll be all set." Coryth disappeared for a moment as she pulled open a trap door on the deck to set the fuel and traps within. The bait went to cold storage. "Whenever you are ready, my friend, we can get underway."

#23 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Alli grabbed her bag and headed to the small boat. She smiled, being glad for once that she was going to get away from it all. She looked to Coryth and seemed out of place holding her bag. She didn't know what to do with ti,she was glad that her staff had been able to help her. " Did I send you with enough? " She asked hoping she had. She stood there afraid to go where she wasn't welcome so she stood there in the one spot and held her bag. She didn't want to infringe on Coryth even though she knew she wasn't. Alli didn't have many who would do this for her and she didn't want to push some invisible button. " I love your boat, it is quaint. " She said with a smile. Alli waited for a spot to put the bag and walked around a bit. It was a quaint and wonderful boat. She just hoped that she could relax here with Coryth, the only one that had ever been there like that. She wanted to make sure she didn't chase her away. Alli was now worry some when it came to losing people. She wanted to cling to those she was close to, it being Coryth in this case. She would have to talk to her about it. She felt like she was already losing her, while she knew that it wasn't true but well she was worried none the less.

#24 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Coryth smiled to Alli, noticing the awkward stance, the uncertainty in her eyes. "More than enough, Alli. Think I only spent three hundred and eighty in total. Should be enough food from what I got and what we can fish and trap for to last two to three weeks. So don't worry at all." She said with a wink. "I've got it covered."

Stepping forward she reached out, taking the bag from her friend. "Come on down, let me show you the ship, and were you can sleep. There are three small sleeping quarters. I'm going to take you to the largest area. Don't want ya to feel too cramped in here. You'll even have your own restroom. So ... enjoy it."

Smiling she took her down the steps into the ship and headed through the dinette and galley area and into the master bedroom. While it was normally her room, this time she wanted Alli to be comfortable. For such a small ship, the details in it where beautiful, all well manicured, well cleaned and maintained, the inside practically sparkling with the love Cory put into her boat. She pointed over to the closet, and then the bathroom. "Closet is cleaned out for you. Feel free to use it and the fresher is just through there. No shower in it, but the shower is shared in the other bathroom on board. It's just past the galley on the right. Real water too." Her voice exceptionally happy at that detail. It had taken some work to get a real shower on the little boat but she truly loved water too much, to not expend the effort to get what she wanted most.

"Now, just give me warning when you get hungry, about an hour it takes for me to do dinners. So, just let me know and I'll make something up for us both. I got wines to go with some of the meals, so hopefully, you'll enjoy everything I can offer." With that she started back to the upstairs area, needed to be in the control room to get them underway. "Once we get out to sea, find a good place and such I'll start fishing so we can have the freshest food in the galaxy." That was one thing she was so proud of, always living off the ocean when she was out in her little ship. "Now, just going to get us out of the bay, wait for a good wind and see where it will take us both."

#25 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Alli sighed and put her stuff on the bed, feeling bad that she had been given her room. She looked around. It was beauitful. She couldn't believe how good it looked down here. She sighed dropping her stuff and made her way up to the control room. She smiled at Coryth. " So First, you shouldn't give me your room. I would be happy to sleep in the others. You have helped me so much, I don't want to inconvenience you. This is your boat. " She smiled watching her do her ship captain things. " I wanted to know is it normal... I feel afraid that those close to me.. even you, that any little thing I will do will send you away. I know it is silly but part of me is rather concerned about it. I normally don't have a problem like this and would care less about what people think. "She said reluctantly. " Sorry to bombard you with this. "

#26 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Cory glanced over to Alli as she pulled them out of the bay, heading for more open waters. "I did not have to give it to you, no. But you are a guest, and it is my ship." A smile on her face. "I don't own many things Alli, at all. I have a shoebox that my life fits into, and six changes of clothes. That is the life of a Jedi." She gave a nod, flipping a few switches before she went on. "It is my nature to give my guests, friends ... the very best I can. The other rooms are more cramped, more fitting of someone my size, I did not want you to be uncomfortable. I want you to heal here. And if that means taking my shoe box, and switching rooms, then I shall. There is no inconvenience to me. I'd do this for anyone. Though you are only the second person I've allowed on my boat. Tis a private place, and ... I don't make many friends."

Then for a while Coryth was quiet as her friend spoke. "It's quite normal." Taking a hand off the steering wheel, she reached out and gave the woman a firm but comforting squeeze on the shoulder. "You see my dear, I don't get many friends as I said and its mostly because I'm afraid to open up, to let them in, because it seems like the time that I do, they are gone from my life, taken too soon, betrayal, or whatever. Its hard to trust, hard to be open, but my point is .. I greatly worry about losing the few friends I have. Always worried that I'll push them away, because I've done it in the past. Gotten so wrapped up in myself that I pushed everyone out. It wasn't a good time. But I do understand that feeling Alli."

A sigh followed as she glanced back to her again. A few buttons pressed and she had a course set in mind and set the ship on autopilot. It would be a while before she could let the sails up and really get going across the waters. "Thing is, once I decide I will call you friend, I'm not one to let go. You'll forever be a friend, no matter what." Save for betrayal .... Still love those who have betrayed me, but alas I am not important to them anymore. "And lastly, don't be sorry my dear friend. Don't be. You feel how you feel, and I'd rather you tell me, talk to me and be open than to hide it away. I am here for you in whatever way you'll allow for, so do not worry about bombarding me with anything, alright?"

A smile came to her lips, "Lets go up on the deck, the ship will pilot us to open waters now were we can catch a good wind." The tiny woman started out of the helm area and headed outside going to the bow of the ship. "Always nice to sit out here." Walking to the safety railing, she slowly, carefully sat down, letting her legs drape over the edge of the boat, mist reaching up and splashing her badly scarred feet. Never did she wear shoes, something most people never actually noticed about the little Jedi.

#27 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Alli followed with a smile. She liked Coryth, she was wise and so very nice. She took a seat at the edge right beside Coryth after ditching her shoes. . It was nice to be out here. She noticed the scaring on her feet but didn't say anything. " You are so much a better person than me Coryth. I am a ruthless business woman most of the time. I take what I want, and leave not much in my dust. But I find myself not quite of confident since i was betrayed. I don't know why. " She said as she jumped a bit as her foot got wet. It was cold. " I mean it just has affected me more than I ever thought possible, this betrayal. I am glad I have someone like you to talk it over. So I was thinking I need to buy you something, to try to repay you. So name the item and it is yours. I mean it, anything. " She said knowing she would deny it. She had a feeling that she would have to find something that Coryth couldn't refuse.

#28 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Coryth listened quietly, her eyes seemed to drift away, not really seeing the world around them. A great sadness washing over her. "I'm not so sure you'd say that if you knew the whole story, Alli. There is much I regret. Much pain I brought into this galaxy. The end of the day, there is so much blood on my hands. The kind that can never be washed away." Her time on the darkside, was not pretty. Far too many people, good people lost their lives. "I'm only trying now, to make up for past transgressions. So much wrong and evil from one person ..." A sigh followed, not wanting to tell that tale tonight. Perhaps soon, but not then. "Maybe someday, I'll tell you of my darker days. Evil days. Days I'll spend the rest of my life making up for." That was a dark past, evil deeds that she loathed to recount, even for her closest of friends.

Reaching over, she gave her a squeeze on the shoulder. "Betrayal, it'll shake you to the core of your beliefs. It's going to take time. But eventually you'll be so much stronger for having gone through it. Just, don't make the same mistake I've made... Don't build the walls up so high around you, that no one will dare climb them. Don't allow yourself to become that guarded, that closed off." A smile finally came back as she pushed away the darker days, the memories that always seemed to follow. "You've been hurt. It makes it hard to trust yourself, thinking ... It's me. It's my fault. I should have, could have ... But it's not any of the above. It isn't your fault, and trust and confidence will come back with time."

"I'm glad to be able to be here for you. It makes me happy to be able to help others." For a while Cory grew quiet, unsure what to say. No one really offered to buy her anything. Given her a blank check, and said anything at all and meant it. "I ... I..." She stumbled for words, seeming not to know how to deal with it. "I .. wow." More silence followed, it seemed the little redhead who'd been so talkative before was now silent. "I don't know, honestly." That much she meant. "The offer is so generous, I don't even know how to live with more than my shoe box of things that mean something to me. With more than six changes of clothes. It's been hard to buy things for myself. I seem to only buy what is needed, not what I want." A sigh came as she looked over her dear friend. "I hardly know what to say, Alli. No one has given me such an offer."

She let more silence pass between them, a bit shocked at it all. "I wish I knew what I wanted. What I'd like to have. Beyond this sail boat, I've never really looked into much. It's my only home. Don't have anything else but this ship, that shoe box, and those six sets of cloths plus my scrubs and uniforms for Omega. I've never really lived beyond the confines of the shoe box, because I was always taught to not be attached to things, to not accept gifts, to ... live on the bare minimum needed to survive. Even now on Fondor where I spend much of my time these days I have what amounts to a closet to live in, within the habitation sphere above the planet. Nothing is there, not even a holopicture, nothing. I literally take that shoebox with me when I travel and that's all." One more sigh came. "I'm sorry, I feel useless to this offer. You're being so kind to me and I've no idea what to tell you. No idea of what I want, would need, or could desire. I've just never had many wants for things, beyond the bare necessities of life. Just so used to living without." It sounded so sad, but it was quite true. She never had a clue what to do with her life, or even her paychecks. Nothing that she really wanted. Only now had she even really started to go shopping for herself, for clothing. Even that was plain, simple, inexpensive. Unstylish long sleeve shirts to cover the scars, long pants to hide the ones on her legs, and a small cloak was all she ever wore, aside form her uniforms which covered the same. Sad fact of Jedi life, the desires and want of things trained out of her so early in her life.

#29 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Alli smiled at Coryth. " You know what matters is the person you are now. You can't take back what you have done, or not done. So the person who I see is a shining beacon that we should all try to be like. I have never had a friend like you Coryth. It is the truth... I keep my self very closed, normally. But well as you said I needed someone to talk to. " Alli looked out into the water. It was nice to be this close to the water. She didn't often just do this. Do nothing with someone else. Alli was so use to not having anyone by her.
" Well I will find something to buy you, just you wait. " She thought about it. She wasn't sure though, it seemed that Coryth really was happy with her shoebox. " I could get you a nicer shoebox, you know " She giggled. It was surprisingly nice to laugh. " Unless of course you rather me buy you a ship to get you around. " She smiled and looked at the woman. Coryth, really was amazing.
@Coryth Elaris

#30 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

@Alli Wren

Coryth nodded slowly, trying to keep away the painful thoughts. "Just ... it does matter to me. It was a long time ago, and I wasn't always this good. I killed a lot of people Alli. A lot. And not in the name of the Jedi, in the name of good, merely because I wanted to. You see, there is a darker side to me. One I fear. If it ever returns I don't think I'll be able to free myself from it again. It's the type of thing that lies sleeping within that could destroy the galaxy as you and I know it." A sigh again followed, "I just want to make up for that, repay my debts for what happened when I lost control. There is no excuse for that time. None."

A small smile finally came back after she stared down at the waters for a little while. "I'm glad you see the good in me, really am. I sincerely hope I can remain this way for the rest of my days." Looking back over to Alli, she wrapped her arm around her and drew her into a hug. "I'm the same, honestly. The force tends to draw me out when I find someone who needs me. Glad it drew me to you. I think we both needed this."

Coryth chuckled loudly at the shoebox comment! "Perhaps I need one!" She teased. The mention of a ship and Coryth's eyes got wide. " I ... er .... um ... Um.... lets put it this way, the Council banned me from flying after .... eight too many incidents." Her cheeks flushed pink with that, ashamed that flying was one of those things she was rightly and truly terrible at.

#31 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Alli looked at the woman next to her and hugged her back tightly. "hmm I am beginning to like hugs more and more. but Coryth, we have all done things, we can't take them back, I am sure you were not a very nice person during that time, but look at who you are now. You are practicly a saint. " Alli laughed as Coryth blushed. She wondered if she was really that bad. " But your so good at sailing, you can't be that bad at flying and if I got you a ship then in this case I would get you a driver droid. I wouldn't want to risk innocent lives, including yours" She giggled. " Coryth I think that we should go swiming once we are able!" She said with a smile. Alli loved the water, expecially on her favorite planet.

@Coryth Elaris

#32 Coryth Elaris

Short Stack of Fire
  • Character2.png

OmegaPyre.png

JediKnight.png
  • 273 posts

Excellent

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

@Alli Wren

Coryth smiled, even she was getting more used to being touched these days. "I am too. Believe it or not, it's only been a few months since I've let someone touch my skin. It's been over ten years since I have allowed for it." She paused, realizing that was going to bring a lot of questions, so she moved on fast. She bowed her head, thinking back to her past, the darkest of days. "I suppose you are right. Though, I'm so far from a saint!" She said with a smile.

"Sailing is different. I get sailing. Flying, believe me is bad." She sighed, so the story she was going to have to tell. "You see, I kept having small accidents, knocking a wing off a fighter, flipped a small transport on landing, rough landing mind you.. Just little things kept happening." Reaching up she rubbed at her forehead, "The Council, they sent me to a backwater world in the outer most regions of the Rim." Her cheeks grew a little brighter red, close to her hair color now. "I ... took out the tower at the spaceport. Which thankfully wasn't staffed at the time. Just mowed the thing down." She shook her head slowly, her head bowed clearly ashamed. "I'm good at lots of stuff but flying isn't one of them."

She glanced around them, knowing they were getting closer to the open ocean. "Sure, just a little further, the engine is set to kick off so I could set the sails out, but I'll just drop anchor at that point and we'll swim. Water's usually warm."

Now she thought back to the offer Alli had made. "Truly Alli, I think ... I think, that of all the things in the galaxy you could get me, maybe a real home somewhere would be nice. Something private. Something that is more than a ship. Cause mind you, the Prophetess is great, I've just never known a home. I was born on a starship, lived on the move constantly, and my closet that was called a room at the temple, I never really saw much of. I've just never had a place to set down roots, anywhere. So, if you want to get me something then I think I'd like that. Just ... if you're talking ships, a home isn't that much more." Clearly, cost worried her. She didn't want to ask for too much at all.

Rising to her feet, she started back towards the cabin, "Why don't we get changed? So once the engine cuts we can just set the ladder out and hop on in after I get the anchor down."

#33 Alli Wren

Baktoid Industries
  • Founder.png

Engineer.png

Merchant.png
  • 876 posts

Excellent

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

" I suppose I will have to investigate the idea, and of course I get the picture. well then I suppose I won't get you a ship. Though I think I know what I will get you. Swiming sounds like a wonderful idea, I can't wait. I have wanted to go all day. "
Alli smiled, it was a wondeful idea. She made her way to the bedroom that she still coudn't believe was her's and not coryth's was rather large and she easily changed into her wonderfully revealing black bikin. She smiled as she looked around the room, it was nice for the size boat they were on. Alli got up on deck being careful not to fall in yet, she figured she should wait for the boat to stop. It was funny that she was now here with Coryth. She would of never forseen it if you had asked her, yet she was growing strangely comfortable with the woman. She had to say that she liked Coryth. So she waited patiently for the woman to change. She looked out into the ocean with a smile. It was so beautiful on Corellia. She loved this planet, and had moved her headquarters her. She also had a plan, but she just had to work it out. She would ensure that Coryth had something nice to call her own. The Whim's of Alli Wren were strange, but for one who was as wealthy as her, you didn't have to worry much about money. Her mind was set. She sat back down looking at the water with a smile. She did enjoy the ocean so much. There was a reason it was on the windows of her former office.

@[member="Alli Wren"]

Coryth smiled, "Yeah, that would be great. Ships, just aren't my thing. I feel much better on transports and the like. Just feels better for me." Giving a nod, she slowly rose to her feet. "Sounds like a plan."

Slowly the little redhead wandered down to her room now, the guest room. Shyly Coryth looked through her clothes, debating what she'd wear. For there was two simple options, one covered all her skin, a thin wetsuit. The other a simple yellow one piece. Closing her eyes, she sighed. "You can't hide them forever. And no matter what you pick, you'll have to explain the scars and such." She knew it. The wetsuit would draw questions to why she covered everything. The bathing suit, questions on the deep purple scars that criss-crossed her limbs and chest.

Finally she gave up, slipped the yellow suit on, and pulled a long black coverup robe over her skin. For now, it would hide the scars and make her a little more comfortable. About the time that she came up to the deck, the engine cut. Giving a nod to herself she headed to the back of the boat and slowly lowered the anchor overboard and watched, waiting for a moment. When the forward momentum of the boat ceased, she moved on, opening a little door that made it easier to get to the water, she then lowered the metal ladder down into the beautiful turquoise waters. "Ready whenever you are Alli!" She said a little loudly to make sure she was heard.

Alli smiled as she jumped in with a giggle. It was wonderful to be in the water. She swam around and giggled as she began to tread water. " Come on in! its perfect!" She said with a smile as she looked at her. " Are you coming in! " She giggled, it was perfect and just what she needed as she swam around and around. She needed something like this. Something that let her use her muscles and not think so much. She was very much at ease in the water, she enjoyed the waters of Corelia. The fact was that this entire trip was perfect. It let her think about other things and get to know her new friend. Coryth was wonderful and a great friend. Alli was lucky to have her.
@[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom