Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private MUND3T://_Ukatis

THE DIRECTOR
CORUSCANT | SIA HQ | DEBRIEFING ROOM
Dominik Borra Dominik Borra
div-purple.png
As a gesture of good will and welcome, members of The Alliance received invitations to witness and, to some extent, participate in the festive demonstration of Ukatis’ monarchical culture. It was enough for the agency to exert some level of interest and assign agents to provide security detail to oversee the smoothness of the event. Good faith was met with good will, a mutual handshake of expected performances.

During the event, M had received reports from two agents acting as contracted security within the space. Just regular agents. Junior, mostly. Their feedback, audio and visual recordings, were sent through for processing. Their interview transcripts had the same treatment. Procedure and protocol was expected and paramount.

“Agent Borra, Welcome.

You’re my final debriefing over this..." she paused, and frowned as she intoned her description of the event that had warranted even The Chancellor's attention. "Affair on Ukatis.” M entered the room with little introduction, swanned across the floor, and folded into a seat across from where Dominik had been invited to sit and wait before she arrived. He wouldn’t have been alone for more than five minutes. And whatever refreshments he'd requested, would have been provided. This was a debriefing not an interrogation after all.

“There was a report of an incident. As a member of Task Force Null,” her head tilted to the side slightly, ruby eyes gleaming in the ultraviolet lighting. “I’d be interested to hear your perspective on the matters.”

She lifted a hand, waved through the air.

“You may start wherever you feel appropriate.”

THE AGENT
CORUSCANT | SIA HQ | DEBRIEFING ROOM
IVI IVI

Can't Leave the Night
div-nonFU-white.png
Getting called for a debriefing in the SIA... You never knew if it was for something you did right, something you did wrong, or something you never even knew about. Working at an intelligence agency breeds a certain amount of paranoia. So while you sit alone in a debriefing room, you'd be smart to inspect the table you sat at, look for cameras, and make sure to monitor your feeling of consciousness and heart rate in case they used the ventilation system to gas you. Of course you do this when you enter the room and move around the table to sit down. And when you do you sit sideways, not trapping your legs underneath the table. If they catch you examining the room by turning your head too much or getting up and moving around, they think you're so paranoid that you must have something to hide. They might shoot you and ask questions later at that point.

So Dominik was happily relieved when M walked into the room not five minutes after he had sat down. Trying to be casual he had asked for coffee but used it to warm his hands, not taking a drink until now. M really was debriefing him, she wouldn't try to drug him if she wanted information.

"Which incident?" He asked. "There were enough sparks flying you could have called it a battlefield with manners." He rubbed his forehead with his thumb. "There was the chandelier, the trouble with Valery and Kahlil Noble visiting the father of Jedi Padawan Corazona, Prince Horace's hostilities towards our senators, the general disposition of the Jedi in attendance- all but Corazona herself, really. She was the only one acting like a Jedi in that whole building if you ask me. I later heard rumors about the Padawan's boyfriend being there and they got a little too close and her fiance noticed. Staff like to gossip." He looked back at the Chiss woman. Those red eyes of hers reminded him of the red "ACTIVE" lights of security cameras. "So which one?"

Last edited:

"The short circuiting personal property of The New Jedi Order was a public enough fracas to be well documented by our personnel and anyone with a datapad and holonet connection." M shook her head. It hadn't been trending, but most of BB's angles had been posted online in some capacity. Mostly behind private accounts (that was royalty for you).

"I'm more interested the nuances that cameras miss. The disposition of the Jedi, yes, especially with them operating as a collective.

Firstly, though, you were privy to the exchange between Jedi Masters Noble with The King?"

Berry lips tightened and she smoothed one hand over the length of her skirt. Master Noble, Valery, had once been a Jedi Shadow that worked on many missions alongside some of her most senior agents. The word trouble in the same breath as a king, regressive though his monarchy may be, was concerning.

"What trouble?"

Can't Leave the Night
div-nonFU-white.png
"No, I was not privy to it, but knew that they were meeting with him while the party was engaged. I was guarding Corazona at the time, but while all guests left that night I stayed behind for another day. Wanted to make sure Corazona was alright with everything going on. I also may have planted a small bug on the princess. I overheard the King complaining later that night in a private conversation with both the prince and princess. He mentioned the Jedi striking a nobleman and how they disrespected himself specifically, along with other things that happened that night. Corazona had a bruise on her face, hidden by makeup the whole night. Later the next day before I left I saw her father, a similar mark on his face. Corazona is Valery Noble's apprentice. We both can do the math." He played with his coffee cup, slowly spinning it on the table.

It was a shame that the more westward they went, the more insulated some cultures seemed to be. It was a greater shame still that one of the first events where there was legitimate crossover between Alliance figureheads and Ukatis royals had gone less than smoothly.

M made a thoughtful noise at the back of her throat, and seemed to rescind into her own thoughts. Calculating the implications of what Agent Borra was saying.

“Not very tactful.” Was all M said about the matter of the Nobles and the king. Her frown extended the sentiment.

“The Jedi unrest you mentioned, I can only assume it’s related to the alleged altercation between the royal family and their ties to the New Jedi Order? Tell me more about that.

I’m interested in your response as an agent of Task Force Null, and your familiarity with Force user’s nuances— Any behavior we should be concerned about from The Order?”

Can't Leave the Night

“The Jedi unrest you mentioned, I can only assume it’s related to the alleged altercation between the royal family and their ties to the New Jedi Order? Tell me more about that.

Dominik took another pull from his coffee. "Corazona has been a Padawan for some time now. With the wars going on, she has some very tight bonds with other Jedi. But she still has her past and position within her royal family. Her father called on her to remember those. A bit controlling for most of our tastes here in the Core Worlds, but Corazona owned up to it. She wasn't happy about it, but she did what she believed was right. The rest of the Jedi, Padawans and Knights and even the Masters Noble, were almost falling apart by the mere notion that Cora might be taken from them. Again, I restate incase any record is being made that Corazona was the only acting Jedi in that building, if it means anything."

I’m interested in your response as an agent of Task Force Null, and your familiarity with Force user’s nuances— Any behavior we should be concerned about from The Order?”

He was quiet for a moment, slowly swirling the cup in thought. "I don't think so. As torn up as the Jedi were, they realized what a mess they were and left. Her boyfriend might pull something, maybe. Makko Vyres. Couldn't be too happy with his girlfriend being married off to Prince Horace. Valery..." He rubbed his chin. "No. She's conscious enough to not do anything more. If it's up to her nothing will happen, and I told her to let me know if a Jedi was going to try something."

Last edited:

Teenager antics and plausibilities were dismayingly underwhelming. For a religious sect that was supposed to be unemotional, they certainly proved encumbered by their emotions time after time. It made M bristle.

"Taken from them is an interesting way to phrase it, Agent Borra." The chiss ran her fingers along the curve of her jaw and tapped her chin once. "Very interesting." Possessiveness? Attachment? These were dangerous burrs to get caught in the coats of religious warriors.

"Do you feel you have enough of her trust that the noble ms. Von Ascania would report her suspicions of Jedi to you? Even if they apply to her.." the word felt gross on her tongue "Boyfriend."

She held up a hand, offering an out.

"If not, see to it that such trust is earned. Task Force Null is the SIA's best offering to get close to The Jedi."

Can't Leave the Night
Dominik thought about that one for a while. As he had more and more missions with the Jedi he had easily supposed reporting on them to the SIA would become a routine. Here's where it started.

"I think she'd try to dissuade them herself." He said after a moment's pause. "Only when it gets serious would she think to talk to me." He nodded. "Will do ma'am. I'm already on easy speaking terms with Master Kai'el, I'll get closer. I'll keep an open line of communication to Cora, make it easier to reach out if anything happens." He stood up. "Anything else?"

IVI IVI

Slowly, M nodded.

"Good. That's two contacts we have established within the Council." Her fingers tented, and she remained seated as the senior agent rose to take his leave. She was staring at a point between him and the door in quiet contemplation before she spoke.

"No, that is all. Thank you for your report and service."

Hr line of sight now levelled to meet his. "I don't think I need to remind you, but it's worth keeping in the back of your mind that such emotional displays by Jedi are not only unseemly representations of Alliance goodwill at foreign events, but err into the realm of problematic.

Lest we forget The Jedi's control over their emotions is one of the only things that separates them from their Sith counterparts." She leaned into her seat. "You are dismissed. Thank you, Agent Borra."

Dominik stopped at the door, head turned to listen to IVI IVI as she spoke. He remained silent, nodded, and left.

Jedi and Sith were quite close in some regards, but far apart in others. Them being so emotional was concerning, and maybe they would do good to revert to the older Jedi Order's policies when it came to attachments.

Dominik just hoped that this wasn't the start of the downfall of Dominik's only hope for the galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom