Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MTX-1000 Bioprinter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To make an interesting piece of technology someone may use someday.
Image Source: N/A
Canon Link: N/A
Restricted Missions: N/A
Primary Source:

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: MandalTech
Model: MTX-1000 Bio Printer
Affiliation: Closed Market
Modularity: Yes, DNA can be exchanged to print almost any...body (get it? Anybody?), can also enhance or alter base genetic materials(No seven species hybrids, ever. Seriously).

Production: Minor

Material: Duraplast, Electronics components, various biopaste, and base elements

SPECIAL FEATURES

Adjustable bio print settings
Pre-programmed DNA modules
Modular biopaste tanks

Strengths:

Can produce a full sized adult humanoid body in 4 hours.

Weaknesses:

Can not produce non organic lifeforms or their parts.
Can only use Biopaste from MandalTech
Body size and composition alter print times
A full sized body produced in 4 hours is a complete blank with no knowledge or abilities greater than a newborn.

DESCRIPTION:

Cloning has been common place in the galaxy for centuries but after the gulag plague many past advancements were lost. The innovators at MandalTech recognized a potential Niche market for fast biological replacement parts and organs due to excess of civilian targeting by large scale governments and decided to attempt to corner the market.

Using base materials and compounds called biopaste the printer can produce and biological portion of a being for use in implanting or replacing body parts up to full body replacement. Primarily for medical use, the printer can also be used for genetic, drug, and viral testing or variations of similar needs.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Gib"]

So I'm not actually opposed to this tech, however I think 4 hours is a bit...fast.

The shortest cloning tech in canon is one year, Spaarti Cylinders and even they had severe downsides. If I'm going to approve this at 4 hours I think I would need some major weaknesses in the clones that are being produced, stuff like reduced lifespan, lack of training, etc.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I made an edit under weaknesses. My intent wasn't to make a full service cloning device but to increase the speed of the body production to remove long gestation periods. The other facets of cloning technology that Spaarti use such as flash training and cognitive enhancement can not be replaced by a Bioprinter. Because it only 3d prints. If you have any suggestions for better wording I'm happy to edit it in as usual.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Gib"]

Alright I'm going to approve this as I understand what you're going for, but if you want to make more than blank slates you'll likely require more subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom