Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MP-77 Heavy Blaster Pistol [Sun Forged Industries]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bGNXVOT.gif

Intent: To create a top of the line blaster pistol for the galactic market; sold by SFI.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Sun Forged Industries
Model: MP-77 Heavy Blaster Pistol
Affiliation: Anyone, Black Sun
Modularity: Yes, different sighting, under barrel light or laser can be attached.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Plasteel, titanium, rubber.
Description: A blaster to suit any need. The MP-77 provides heavy firepower in a small package. Built from rugged materials to last the harsh condition of the battlefield. Ergonomic grip and weight distribution provide a steadier aim and tire the arm less. The power cell and gas canister, located in the hand grip and under barrel respectively, give 100 and 300 shots before expending. They are designed to be replaced rapidly and allow immediate firing after the change. A small blue light will turn to red when ammunition is low, and flash red when critically low to inform the user. Range sights are laser targeted iron sights, but scopes or larger lasers can be attached to the users preference. We do not recommend modifying any of the blaster itself, harm or even death may result. SFI is not liable to any who tamper with the product, warranty is void if tampering found.

The Sun Forged Industries MP-77. Providing the finest in weapons technology to the galaxy.

Classification: Heavy Blaster Pistol
Size: Handheld
Length: 0.30 m
Weight: 1.22 Kg
Ammunition Type: Power cell, Gas.
Ammunition Capacity: 100/300
Effective Range: 50m / 100m Maximum

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Cypher"]
Mkay, let's get started.

First, how many shots are capable of the gas canister and how many in the power pack. 200+ shots from the gas canister I can easily see, but 200+ shots from the power pack alone I cannot. Even the standard weapon used by Clone Troopers in the Clone Wars only had 50 shots in the magazine, though hundreds of shots in the gas canister.

Last, the range could use some clarification. Generally, pistol type weapons are only effective out to about 50 or so meters, though obviously the rounds can continue farther. This is generally the reflection of the user's accuracy combined with the weapon's accuracy. The optimal range is the maximum range or the range the bullet or bolt is no longer effective. Is the 125m range the Optimal or the Effective range?

[member="Popo"]

I looked at some other submissions for ideals on shot values. I didn't consider the two components would have different values. Now looking up the E-11 rifle used by Stormtroopers. Gas lasted 500 shots, power cell about 100. This was also like, 800 years ago. And things went down hill for awhile a few hundred ago. Would battery cell tech still not have improved much since than? I agree now 260 shots out of one may be excessive, 125-150 feels more up to date. And I'll double the gas shot to make the math easy from the cell charge. I'll await feedback to what a good rate on the cell should be.

Range I'll also lower to standard levels. 50 optimal, 100 max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom