Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving The Sky (Siobhan)

[member="Anya Venari"]

Hopefully the Eldorai would not end like the Quarians! They were not only annoying but terribly whiny. This writer fully admits that they don't like Tali! Anyhow, in with the actual plot.

"I probably don't have much in the way of morals, but genocide is one of my limits. Their culture is savage, but the common people don't deserve to be slaughtered," Siobhan responded. Well, unless you were a Reaver or a Vong. Then exterminatus was the right thing to do. Remember Aurum! Never forget!

"I expect war to be inevitable with them. Their culture is an aggressive, darkside slavocracy and we both want the same land. Unlike the Qadiri, slavery is something their culture is wedded to. We can't tolerate a system as barbaric as that on our borders. We must bring them under our control, then change can happen," Siobhan said firmly. She was totally in the 'benevolent imperialism' camp.

"But maybe we don't just have to rely on all-out war alone. Interrogations have indicated that their civilisation is very fractious. Never mind the fact that most of their population are slaves and Xioquo forces are tied up keeping them down. Various aristos and magi feuding over power. Something that must've been amplified by our victory at Mansura. There must be tensions we can exploit. I'm thinking of having [member="Mirien Valdier"] work on internal subversion and intelligence gathering. She's a career spook after all - and a darksider. If we subject them to pressure on the inside and the outside, maybe we can put a puppet queen in power."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Anya looked a little pained for a moment. Being a ruler was not easy, especially in these circumstances, and especially trying to be ethical.
“That is a wise idea. Discover all we can about them. The less bloodshed, the better. I suspect that culture, fear and the ruling class have made them this way. The images I saw of those who surrendered were not that of monsters, but ordinary people led astray. Long will I hesitate before I launch a full scale assault on them…until I know there is no other way.”

“We know so little of the Xioquo that information gathering must be the first step. I know I can trust you and Mirien to work into this, but if you need assistance from my people I will do anything I can. The first contacts between Kaeshana and the galaxy were painful, often terrible, I want to do things right this time.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan was a woman with less ethical concerns than Anya. It was quite likely that her attachment to people who, unlike her, were a good deal more moral resulted in her being a nicer person than she usually would be. Still, she had her limits and beliefs. Wanton slaughter was not something she endorsed. As a matter of fact, she was the sort who'd summarily execute minions who induldged in it.

She gave her Queen a nod. 'Her' Queen. The elf was a woman Siobhan respected and cared for deeply. "You did do right, Anya. Imagine how things would have been if Nalia had taken the throne. Or the hordes of pirate scum had managed to overrun Kaeshana," she said softly. She reached out to give Anya's shoulder a gentle squeeze. Just an attempt to offer some comfort and reassurance, nothing sexual about it.

"I'll have Mirien work on intel gathering to find out what we can about the Xioquo. Same applies to the relevant players among the Qadiri. Semiramis isn't their sole ruler, just their most powerful, and we should not be tied to her too strongly. I'll have a Firemane task force set up for this. Chesna can help teach them the natives' language. We cannot always rely on her or protocol droids for translation if we want to put down roots." This one totally supports setting up a Firemane SOE. Maybe they could incite a slave revolt, nothing could go wrong.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya smiled, took Siobhan’s hand in hers for a moment. “Thank you, you’ve been a great help to me.”

She looked back to the map. “Is there anything else we need to discuss for now? Otherwise I might get some rest.”

[member="Anya Venari"]

It was ironic that back when she had first joined OP, subconsciously a part of Siobhan had regarded Anya as a rival for Tegaea's affections. Yet the Eldorai had soon become one of her dearest friends. "I thinkk we're done for now. Get some rest, dear. I'll go see how Tempest is doing and then lie down myself," Siobhan responded. Leaning forward, she planted a chaste kiss on Anya's cheek. Verily, she was being very restrained in this thread. Then again, anything else would not have fit the situation at all.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya returned the chaste kiss and nodded. “I will come see you when we’re close to reversion. For now, I have some matters to attend to.”

And with that this thread can finish, a nice prelude which can be continued when or if the exodus proper begins.

[member="Anya Venari"]

After having presumably spoken to Tempest Siobhan likewise went to bed. However, it took a long time before she could find enter the realm of dreams and even then her slumber were unsettled, for the future weighed heavily on her mind. She had a wife, daughter and a company...all this independently of the Eldorai, though they were strongly entwined.

To an extent, she had put on a brave front when talking to Anya. In actuality she was far less sure that the exodus would go well. The Eldorai might end up fleeing Kaeshana...only to fall into Sith slavery if the Sanctum, which was the exact opposite of prepared, fell as well. But they were her people. She identified with their culture far more than she did with any human one. She could not just abandon them. And so she tried to find solace in sleep. Till whenever the plot continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom