Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Forward

Leon ran his fingers through his hair and slapped the computer shut with a highly frustrated sigh. He'd been poking around for a job and submitting applications all week, but for some reason, nobody wanted to hire a nineteen-year-old programmer. As irritating as not getting a job was, it wasn't just that that was grinding his gears. He wanted to get off Corellia for once in his life. That little excursion to Coruscant didn't count -- he nearly got blown up -- no, he wanted to actually live a life like he saw others do. Corellia was nice, but he wanted more.

"I bet if I submitted the fact that I'm Force sensitive they'd hire me in an instant..." Heath grumbled in his head as he took a sip of fresh caf from his nearby cup.

He didn't want to be singled out for that, though. If someone sensed it like Cinthra did, then great, but he wanted to be selected because his skills were useful to someone, not because he wanted to be sheltered and trained in the arts of the Force. It was too soon for that for him. He didn't really have a reason to, either. To become all-powerful? He needed to get his priorities taken care of before he went and thought of doing something like that.

Maybe a golden opportunity would show itself soon...

- Paradiso Club Owner - Assassin -
-Adagio for TRON music-
Previously on the Cognito Chronicles: Arya had returned to her darker side with the slaughter of multiple innocent people on Denon after her crash landing and awakening from a bacta tank. She escaped Denon heading to Corellia in hopes of tracking down her best friend and personal assistant, Arisa Talos.

NOW to Arya's villain of the week story:

An utterance of a deep sigh. Closure of her light tan eye lids over her light brown eyes. A pursing of her deep maroon lips. Lifting of her right blaster pistol filled hand vertically to the vicinity of her face. A thin tear line passes down her cheek. Arya wheels around the corner column into a conference room. She reopens her eyes. Arya's mission is stopped with an abrupt revelation.

Her mission was a personal one. It was to kill Calon Kent, a member of the original group of crime bosses that had met with Nixara on Makeb, working for a part of a Zann remnant company based on Corellia. He'd captured Arisa after the Denon incident for use as his personal servant. She had broadcast her signal to Arya some weeks ago while Arya was in bacta stasis on Denon. Arya discovered that Arisa was being treated horribly and was sending out a distress beacon not a simple navigation beacon. That is why Arya landed on Corellia. She wanted to rescue her assistant and find out what happened to the Zann Consortium.

Arya notices a red skinned, black tattooed Zabraki woman, Arisa Talos, looking meek, bruised, battered and abused at the side of the perpetrator, Calon, a scraggly maned, scarred up Cathar. Arisa's eyes bulge out in fearful optimism at the sight of Arya. Calon and his group of four board members look toward Arya with shock and anger. Calon removes a blaster rifle from the underside of the head of the long, shiny, metallic black conference table. An evil smirk crosses Arya's lips.

"Arya freaking Cognito! It's such a surprise to see you alive. You are supposed to be dead on Denon. When I ordered that attack, no one was supposed to live through the attack on your ship." Calon said arrogantly as he began locking his gun's aim on Arya.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Calon. Your plan to kill off the heads of the company and myself failed in a grand fashion. I figured this would happen sooner or later. Power hunger is dreadfully contagious. I suppose Nixara and Corruck are unaccounted for. Do you have any clue how badly you have pissed me off by capturing my best friend?" Arya said tightening her grip on her blaster pistol.

Arya did not hesitate to rapidly pull against the trigger and unload a barrage of bolts toward Calon first. Her bolts sailed across the length of the dimly lit conference room, a few landing against the broadside of his rifle and a few others sizzling against the orange-tan fur of the Cathar's forehead. Calon fell backwards in a rapidly forming pool of his own blood and smoke whisps from the wound sight.

The other members of the board present in the conference room eyed Arya in fear as she went down the sides of the table giving them the look of time limit based mercy. The four members quickly fled the room. Arya holstered her pistol and ran to Arisa's side. Arisa was chained Calon's chair near his lifeless body. Arisa did not say a word, she waited until Arya was in range and wrapped her arms around Arya. Another tear streamed down her cheek at warm feelings the hug brought to her. She had deeply missed Arisa. Arisa had deeply missed Arya.

Arya shot the chains off of Arisa and helped her up to a standing position. "You look like you've seen better days, dear." Arya said holding Arisa up as they walked out of the conference room. "We have a lot we need to catch up on."

Arisa weakly uttered, "I just want...sleep. I wasn't allowed to sleep much when Calon wanted my body...which was almost all the time."

Arya boiled with rage for a moment at the revelation, but was satiated at the thought that Calon would not hurt her any longer. "I have a suite not far from here. I'll take you there to rest. I will have to go though. I have to meet up with someone for work. When I am done with business, we'll get you some proper care." Arya said reassuringly.

-------------

An hour later, Arya ceased her care and her watch over Arisa as Arisa fell deep into sleep. Arya stepped into the hallway and pulled up the holodisplay on her armband comm. She noted her contact 's file had indicated a certain candidate for muscle for hire was in a local cafe down the way from her hotel. Arya made her way on foot in a black business suit and heels. Her pistol still dangling in it's holster around her waist. She was doing away with her pure white business power suits. The style was more befitting of a benevolent leader. Arya was angry. Angry that the Zann Consortium hadn't checked in to see if she was all right. They had vanished and left her to nearly die on Denon. She did not care that the reasons behind the loss of the Opulence and the Zann connection were because of an internal betrayal. She vowed never to work for a faction again and to only work for herself.

Madame Arya Cognito would only look out for her interests while wreaking havoc for the highest bidder. In order to wreak havoc as she wanted to, Arya would need a team. That is where this contact had put her. Corellia was a Core World hotbed of the disenchanted freelancers.

Arya entered the cafe and plopped down in a seat near the cafe's bartop seating. For a moment, she studied the male that matched the picture her contact had sent. After the initial study, Arya walked from the bartop area and gently placed herself in a seat across from the candidate.

"A simple cup of coffee." Arya said flatly while not even looking over to the green twi'lek waitress as she stepped up and started to speak. She glued her eyes on the green/hazel eyed, lightly browned haired male across from her. "Scrawnier than I thought, simple clothing, unkempt hair, and a predisposition for staring downwards. Off in thought, no doubt. Contemplative natures tend to lend themselves to an interesting story. I am not impressed yet, but the unimpressive hold the most surprises in my experience." Arya stated in a tone that seemed more like she was conducting a job interview than anything else.

[member="Leon Heath"]

Leon had to say, this cafe had brought about some interesting people into his life lately. First that mysterious white-haired woman, then that charming girl, and now this woman. Why were they all female? This one was particularly interesting. Not even so much as a hello as she caught him in mid-sip of his caf, just started analysing him. He did the same thing, in his mind. He didn't think people needed to hear his opinion of them right off, but... well, she'd started it.

"Abrupt and to the point, businessy but not quite professional, and..." he leaned over to the side to confirm his suspicions, "Armed. Judging by your relatively hard expression, I either owe you a favour and forgot, or you've had a bad day." he finished his own brief analysis and took another sip of his.

He folded his computer down and turned to slip it into his bag. His peripheral vision kept an eye on the woman while he put his little device away, before he straightened out and held his cup, taking occasional sips.

"So what do I owe the sudden company?" he inquired.

Part of him hoped this was about a job, but he doubted he'd be so lucky.

[member="Madame Cognito"]

- Paradiso Club Owner - Assassin -
The green skinned twi'lek waitress gently placed a quaint cup of coffee in front of Arya before making her leave to serve other customers. Arya smirked at the man's analysis of her. She peered over to the man after he'd finished his part of the discourse and continued, "The abrupt nature of my discourse is a new addition. I am simply uninterested in prolonging an exchange any further than necessary. Your quip about me being unprofessional is rather amusing considering you haven't seen my methods yet. Unprofessional in communication, Yes I will give you that one. It's been a long road filled with the necessity to conduct myself in an unprofessional manner, at times. In order for me to trust you can do what needs to be done, I need to know more about you than a simple dossier can provide. Trust begins with simply allowing oneself to divulge a bit of one's personal or 'professional' side. I did the same exchange with my personal confidant slash personal assistant and she has become my best friend. If you would be so kind as to tell me a little about yourself and I, in turn, will do the same." Arya ended with a quiet sip off of lightly steaming cup of coffee.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Down the street in the hotel suite, Arisa took to rising from her sleep. She awoke screaming out, 'NO! Leave me alone!' and descended into tears. Her memories of the time with Calon haunted her sleep. Arisa staggered off to the refresher room, holding herself up against the nearest wall and following it along to the refresher room. She did not remove her night robes that Arya had helped her get into as she slowly entered the shower. Turning on the water, Arisa began to take in the soothing water. She descended into a hunched over mass sitting against the wall of the shower and gripping her legs tightly while sobbing uncontrollably and rocking back and forth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[member="Leon Heath"]

Aldous Hofmann

Pilot, Welder, Troublemaker
Corellia wasn't so bad.

The smell of ozone permeated the air about Aldous as he locked his gear in the locker the company was providing him for the duration of his month long contract. He watched the rest of his fellows stow their own equipment and prepare to go home to what he presumed were relatively static lives and "normal" routines. The thought of which sent a cold chill down the length of the twenty five year old's spine. Normality. Routine. Those were depths he'd yet to experience, as yet to find any particular job that was interesting enough to keep him in one place for longer than a year. Particularly when it was in a system that was mostly civilized. It was during moments like this while having thoughts like that when Aldous was supremely glad he'd chosen a career that allowed him to wander as he pleased while not squeaking by on a menial salary. Welders with the education and experience had an almost infinite playground as far as employment was concerned. Especially if you were willing to go to the far reaches. Where nature was still God and civilization took a back seat. He continued to think as he walked from the Shipyard's bowls to the outside world, past security checkpoints and further expressions of industry. The sidewalk echoed slightly as the Corellian sun began to edge behind towering structures. Things machines, men, or otherwise similar to Aldous had helped build.

A pang of hunger interrupted his thoughts and he decided to grab something on his way back to the ship. Something from somewhere he'd never been. The city breathed as he took a seemingly random turn and walked about a mile before deciding to stop at a Cafe. Speeders flew past and Aldous almost thought he could hear the thousands of beings vibrations as he took a seat inside and ordered a local pop along with the house special.

He still preferred the infinite deserts and the unending plains.

But Corellia wasn't so bad.

[member="Leon Heath"][member="Madame Cognito"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom