Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie Night

[member="Svora Eden"]

Uncle Gabe and Destin were setting up a large holoscreen in the courtyard. The weather was supposed to be perfect, clear with a hint of fall in the moon's air. Elli was supposed to be getting the chairs set-up but the whimsical sibling wasn't anywhere near the courtyard. She wasn't privy hearing Destin's grumblings about why they couldn't just watch the holo inside.

Elli would tease him later about whether or not he was scared of getting moon-burned.

But currently, barefeet were pressed into the rough bark of an upper-branch of one of the highest trees in the woods at the back of the homestead property. A palm rested on the tree's trunk as she balanced and pushed herself up on tippy-toes, long neck craning to see beyond the rooftop of brown branches puffed up and surrounded by green leaves. Leaves starting to turn golden, orange, and red.

"I think...I can just make out the taptree." Sing-songy voice called down, not sure if she was talking to the birds or if a sibling was nearby.

Svora Eden

S
[member="Ellifain Eden"]

Svaora had just finished helping mum make snacks and his thoughts turned to all the things had had learned about his people. First was that, like a plant, he produced a fine pollen that was used (gulp) for making baby Zelosians. Kind of gross but if he thought about it there were grosser things.

He grabbed a flashlight and began walking outside. He would be blind after dusk it was another trait of his kind and he kept the flashlight just in case. He walked outside barefoot, as always, wearing only a pair of dark blue pants. He had been feeling out of sorts lately and the fresh cool air would feel good. On the way out his uncle Seamus stopped him handed him a sweater and went back to writing his weird on line role play post.

'Adults are weird.' He thought to himself as he tossed the sweater over a lean pale shoulder and walked out toward the woods to think.

He had been thinking a lot lately and there were some thoughts that were stranger than others. He had noticed himself liking the way certain girls looked and laughed and talked. It was not a comfortable series of thoughts and besides that he only knew the girls at the homestead and the few he saw at the star port when they went to get supplies, and that wasn't often.

He stepped to the edge of the woods and stopped looking at how much darker it was in under the trees. He took a breath turned on his flashlight and kept walking. He had walk near the big tree in the woods when he heard a voice, as pretty as a song, call out. He jerked his head up to see and when he did he tripped on a root. He sprawled for forward and knocked the power pack from his glow rod and was plunged into darkness.

"Elli!" He called up as he reached a hand for the tree and stood. He waved his hand in front of himself palm down and tried to sense his surroundings. "Elli, is that you?"

[member="Svora Eden"]

"Svora?" Golden-lime gaze broke from the towering giant of the tap-tree just off the horizon. The high branch of the Ankarres tree was in the between time before sending out its soft glow into the darkening, cool sky. Being near the branches made her skin tingle and warm. There was something about being near that had to do with the force. Mum and Papa had explained it once, when she'd first arrived. She still remembered Stali taking her little palm within his larger, warm hand, gently walking her around the property and pointing things out.

Like a little tree nymph, Elli scrambled down the highest branches, climbing with ease in the mostly dark. Down. Down. Down. A giggle left her throat just before landing nearly soundlessly behind Svora. She'd never be as quiet as Emme or Papa. But she was close.

"Elli?" She danced around him. Of course he'd be able to tell it was her voice. "I'm the ghost princess of the northern woods." It was no surprise that she instantly fell into a game. "Why have you come into my realm, boy?" She also didn't know that he was nearly blind. But it was a good thing the Ankarres trees would start glowing soon.

Svora Eden

S
He waved his hand in front of himself smiling as she began to speak. Her voice was like a song that he knew from the first note. His bright green eyes stared blindly in the dark as he thought of the way she fell instantly into a game. Should that annoy him? He was blind for now and she wanted to goof off. Somehow the emotion just didn't rise as he stepped forward moving his arms carefully in-front of himself as he did so.

"My lady," he said playing along, "I have come many miles to find you."

He thought of her eyes of gilded-lime and the way her hair fell around your ears as it cascaded to her shoulders. He gulpped.

'She's your sister. She's your sister.' He thought almost saying it out loud.

"I am blind you see, your grace, and ask that you give me light to guide my way home." He felt his cheeks warm and knew they would turn green as his plant like blood rushed to his cheeks. He calmed his emotions and just settled into the game. The movie would be ready soon but they had time for this. For now.

[member="Ellifain Eden"]

[member="Svora Eden"]

The Ankarres trees started to glow and she could almost feel the electrical charge in the air. The light began soft and slowly brightened, filling the night air with warmth. Pausing in her skipping dance, she stood in front of her brother, golden-lime gaze taking in his expression, seeing the dropped and broken light for the first time.

"Oh Svor," her pretend voice melted away into the night. "You really can't see in the dark?"

Fingers began twirling the braid of green flecked hair that ran down one shoulder, absently. "I'm sorry. Can you see now?" She was playful and impish but when it came down to it - if her family was suffering or sick, she could drop the act. She leaned forward, catching that green along his cheeks. A finger came out to prod gently at his cheek. "Are you okay? Your face is green."

Svora Eden

S
[member="Ellifain Eden"]

The light slowly grew and his vision slowly came with it. He stared forward to where he could see her outline. Slowly as the glow from the trees filled the forest with luminescence her form grew more clear. He really could have believed her a princess in that instant as the soft light played across her green hair and danced in her lime green eyes. His blush deepened as he dropped his gaze to the ground in search for his light.

"Zelosian's can't see in the dark, Elli." he said making sure not to look at her. He took as long as possible to find his light and studdied his feet until a thin finger poked him in the face.

He raised a hand and covered his face. Did he say 'I'm not sick! I'm blushing!'? Somehow he didn't feel like that was the best plan. He would never here the end of the word "Why" if he said that.

"My blood is green." he said instead and poked a finger at her cheek as retribution...and distraction, "I'm supposed to turn green...Elfie."

He turned to the side and began to walk away, his body preparing to break into a run. He knew he had just started trouble. It was a gift. He checked over his shoulder and briefly allowed himself to look again at how pretty the impish girl could be in the light of the Ankarres trees. He only hoped she wasn't feeling overly fast, their races were always close events.

[member="Svora Eden"]

Head tilted to the side as his finger pressed into the soft flesh of her cheek. Lips puffed out like a fish with citrus green eyes crossing. But Svora was already edging away. Lips un-puffed and eyes refocused.

"So that's why you sleep with a nightlight!" She called and took a few steps after him, then paused and dashed back to grab her satchel. It was stuffed with figs, juju fruits, mint, and nuts she'd found in the woods. The well-worn leather strap was slung over her shoulder. Bare-feet picked their way swiftly across the roots and leaf-covered forest floor. She and Svora would be backlit once they left the glowing woods. A field of tall grasses before the carefully plowed farmland of the homestead still rested between them and the back courtyard where the outdoor movie was nearly set-up.

"Then why aren't you always green?" Whimsical form was quickly closing the gap between them, sack of fruit and goodies thumping at her side as she raced the Zelosian.

Svora Eden

S
She would have to ask why he wasn't always green. He wouldn't lie. He couldn't. Mum, would never approve of that. He bit his lip and slowed down to a trot, even though it would mean she could claim victory.

"I was blushing." He said not looking at her, not even a little. "My face turns green when I blush."

He didn't have to say why exactly but he knew the question would come anyway. If there was anything he could count on, it would be the word "Why" passing her pretty lips....

'Dude don't think that!' he thought at himself as his color rose again. He would have to learn to control that.

He looked at her finally and forced himself to feel impassive. His bright green eyes danced with light much like hers. He grasped wildly for words and failed to find ones that wouldn't bury him deeper in his own shame. He had developed a crush on her when she first came. Opi said it was normal when you meet someone new and pretty. Svora didn't feel normal.

"Did they tell you what movie we were watching?" He asked hoping a change of topic would get him out of talking about himself any more than he had too. He liked it much better when he could pick on Des at times like this. He always made it easy.

[member="Ellifain Eden"]

[member="Svora Eden"]

"Oh," she spoke as she caught stride, running shoulder-to-shoulder with her adopted brother. "I like your blushing," voice sung out between lungfuls of air as her arms pumped and swayed at her sides. "None of the others blush like you," she smiled, head turning toward him, pale, part-Nagai skin catching the moonlight and making it seem like she glowed.

"I think it was something scary," they were getting close to the Night of Hallows Eve. Though, it would be age appropriate. And like that, Svora was released from the awkward topic of blushing. Light legs carried her ahead for a moment of the Zelosian. She looked back and smiled at him. "Maybe Boba the Friendly Ghost or Hocus Pocus Tatooine or the Nightmare before Life Day."

Light foosteps danced across the small hill, going down to the homestead.

"Try and keep up slowpoke! Loser has to help Des clean the server room." Though, they both knew Des wouldn't let either of them near electronics.

Svora Eden

S
[member="Ellifain Eden"]

'I like your blushing' she said and the words echoed through his mind reverberating like a musical note that seems to cling to you as it's held. The thought of her eyes on him and her liking how his blush looked only made him blush more. Thankfully he could blame the run for a raised colour. He looked over as they casually raced and watched the light dance across her skin. She seemed to glow in that moment, cast in an ethereal light that radiated from within. Her eyes, so full of life and innocence, sparkled in the soft light of the trees and the rising planet of Sullust that Sulon orbited.

"Beautiful." He almost said as he watched her. He forgot who they were for a moment and simply enjoyed being in the presence of true beauty and grace. She was a divine thing and he was nothing but an earth bound creature staring at stars.

However, what he said was. 'Beautifaahh Gah.' As he tripped on a root while not looking where he was running and half flopped half rolled onto the ground. His body hit, skidded and rolled him head over heals to rest on hos back. He looked up at the stars through the bow sparse leaves and thought a great many things all in one moment. Why did I stare? Could I be a bigger dork? But the thing he thought longest was, 'I just made myself the last guy who could deserve a pretty face like hers.'

The thought shamed him as much as falling ever could and though he tried, he didn't know how to make his feelings coexist with the fact that they were family, even if it was adoption. He had far less trouble when he looked at her but that was another story.

"She doesn't like you now." He mumbled as he sat up and made sure not to groan. "I'm okay!" He said with fake cheer. He was embarassed, smitten, and very confused but okay would have to do for now.

[member="Svora Eden"]

Spinning around in the moonlight, she giggled as she saw Svora's form go down. Only because he got back up again and didn't seem to be hurt. She certainly was no healer, though being part Firrereo she didn't need much medical help. Not to mention they had the best healing Mum on this side of the verse.

That said, when it came to healing or helping others, she was only as good as the bacta patch in her hands.

Like a quiet and swift breeze, she was back at Svor's side. Without waiting for permission, nimble fingers reached down and gripped around his arms and wrists. "Come on slowpoke or Des will eat all the popkerns." With a heave, the ethereal-teen went to tug her adopted brother back to his feet. The force flowed from her, weaving into the tall grasses of the fields that were bent beneath his weight. With a gentle push, they'd move as one to help push him up along with her heave.

They'd probably tickle along any bare skin they touched.

Svora Eden

S
[member="Ellifain Eden"]

He was ready to get up himself, really he was, but he didn't complain when she arrived at his side and began to help him up. It was nice that she was always there for him, and she was right about Des eating the popkerns. He started to stand, while enjoying the fact that they were kinda holding hands, and felt the grasses tickle against his feet. He smiled and felt a chill run up his back as he got the rest of the way to his feet. With a quick shiver he gave Elli a bright smile and felt his cheeks turn slightly green again.

He didn't want her to let go of his hand so in a moment of boldness he put his hand around hers and started to walk towards the clearing where the movie was being set up. He would pretend he was just holding on to keep from falling or as part of a game if he could, but he kind of just liked it. He tried to lead the way around the last bend toward the homestead and was happy when the screen and chairs came into view.

"Wanna grab seats and I'll grab popkerns?" he asked with renewed cheer. He hoped she sat with him.

[member="Svora Eden"]

Fingers entwined easily around Svora's. He and the rest of the Edens were her first family - at least the one she could remember. Going from ship to ship and drifting had never been anything stable. So, holding Svor's hand was as natural to her as rolling in the grass.

Feet skipped along next to him. With a wiggle of her fingers, the tall grasses parted lazily to the sides, giving them a clear path. A frown tugged at her impish lips.

"Yup! Make sure you get the good kerns and I'll get the best seats. But you feel cold."

Just as he was about to let go of her hand, she tugged into him, throwing her arms around his torso and wrapping him in a warm hug. 'You are cold," chin lifted as she looked at his eyes. "Um, maybe Mum has a blanket? Or I can make you one with the tall grasses?" Green-tinted hair had broken free from her already loose braid and fell across her moonlit face in messy, wayward chunks.

Svora Eden

S
[member="Ellifain Eden"]

His cheek turned a brilliant green instantly as he was abrupty wrapped in her warm embrace. The entire galaxy faded away and she became the only thing that existed for him anywhere. He lost all sense of who or what he was. Her brilliant eyes became his twin suns, her face his moon and stars and her arms around him became his galaxy.

He didn't bother to fight it. He couldn't even had he wanted to. Prehaps it was his recent jump into full pubescent existence. Perhaps it was the slow burning crush he had formed for her the day she had come to live with them. In either case he forgot propriety completely and leaned his head forward with out a moment of consideration.

He pressed his lips against hers and squeezed her close. It was just a moment. A breif three seconds but it felt like he could have lived a lifetime in that instant. He lifted a hand to her cheek and brushed her cheek softly with his finger tips as he moved a stray lock of hair behind one of her beautiful ears.

With sudden realization of what he had just done he tried to pull back. Regret for risking the loss of her affection blossomed in his chest as he felt it constrict but the desire to repeat the careless act caused many and more feelings to flare in him.

"Sorry." He said with downcast eyes. "I'm really sorry."

He was sorry, but maybe not really sorry.

[member="Svora Eden"]

The pointy ends of her ears were extra sensitive. The brief touch of his fingertips made a funny, tingling, and warm sensation run through her spine. Elli blinked. "You....taste like peppermint." The girl was never one for awkward silences. She filled them up easily with her quirky comments. But what was he sorry for? Was this what siblings did?

Mum and dad did it all the time.

Arms unraveled around his waist, letting him slip free. "But you already feel warmer." Without missing a beat, her hand slipped back in his and she tugged him down the hill to the others. "C'mon. We're going to miss the opening."

When they got to the bottom, she released his hand and skipped over to a large open spot on a blanket. Des was sitting between Mum and dad in the back. Maud was with his sister. Dad ruffled her hair as she skipped by, a low growl of approval rumbled from his throat.

She'd made it on time for this one. Barely. And thanks to Svora.

Ethereal form sunk down on the thick, patterned blanket hoping Svora would join her soon with snacks. One of her favorite things was asking questions during a holo and he always seemed to have the most patience with her.

Svora Eden

S
He trotted along his head still spinning from what he had done. It was confusing to think about everything, lately. He split off from her when they reached the bottom of the hill. Did he really taste like peppermint? He didnt know.

He paused and waved at Des who flipped his hair and looked up at the screen. Svora walked over to the snacks. He grabbed a box of popkerns for them both and he grabbed some sweet candies for Ellifain. His green eyes scanned the snacks and he found the waters and a drink for Elli before he headed back to her and sat down cross legged on the blanket.

He slipped the snacks down infront of Elli and tried to pretend he hadn't kissed her a few moments ago. He pulled out a water and took a sip then waited calmly for the movie to start. He had no idea how he was going to handle this. Did she even like him like that?

'Ugh, so not ok, Svora." He thought to himself. He was going to ask Maud or Dad. That was going to be crazy.

He reached for some popkerns and gave Elli a shy glance. He really hoped he hadn't done something terribly stupid.

[member="Ellifain Eden"]

[member="Svora Eden"]

She knew she'd have no problem falling asleep that night. She'd dream of sitting next to Svora, leaning against his propped up arm and shoulder and sharing pop kerns. Her dreams had a way of turning dark quickly. Sometimes she'd spend the night curled up between Mum and Dad in a tight, little ball. But that was mostly when she first came to the homestead. When she was a lot younger and smaller.

Now, she just tried not to wake-up Emme when the visions came. And tonight, the dream-visions were the darkest of all. Trembling beneath the quilt, golden-lime gaze flew open as her body stopped thrashing about on the twin-bed. Heartbeat raced beneath her chest and for a moment, she was worried her movement had woken up Emme. Head-tilted as she listened a beat.

No. Her sister was still sleeping.

Sitting up, Elli tiptoed out of bed, clutching her quilt over her shoulders as she snuck out of her room.

There would be no more sleeping tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom