Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Morpho Security Division

Status
Not open for further replies.
dXACuCal.jpg

Image source: By R-Valle: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Stormtroopers-514884030

Name: Morpho Security Division

Intent: To provide military support to the Imperial Inquisition and Techno Union Military Forces (Army and Navy)

Affiliation: Techno Union

Availability: Unique

Type: Infantry with some Special Ops

Strength: 32 troopers and 2 higher-ranking officers x 2 + 1 Clone Platoon. Total 96 soldiers and 6 officers.

Description: Commander Tmoxin Temi was recruited by the Imperial Inquisition lead a custom Stormtrooper unit. She has formed The Blood Monarchs, a ground-based platoon made up of four squads. Her platoon is two infantry units, one special ops until and one tactical unit with medics.
It is now part of the Techno Union.

Squad 1:
The Monarchs are an all-female, all-Hapan brigade recruited from the Hapan Royal Guard a military unit which protected the Queen of the Hapes Consortium. Due to her own military service in the Hapan Royal Guard as a Secret Commando, Tmoxin was able to hand-pick the finest female soldiers from the Royal Guard to join her in this squad.

Squad 2:
Grunt One is the first team of [SIZE=13.63636302948px]straight-out-of-basic-training infantry.[/SIZE]

Squad 3:
Grunt Two is the second team of straight-out-of-basic-training infantry.

Squad 4:
Home Base is a tactical squad for operation set up, communication, medics, recruitment and attrition. They will also double as infantry fighters when not in planning mode.

2nd Platoon has one squad of snipers, and one of shock troopers.

There are two Officers who are second and third in command next to Tmoxin, a Lieutenant and a Sergeant-Major. OOC: these will likely be converted to player characters in the future.

Equipment:
All units carry the standard Imperial-issued weaponry:

BlasTech E-11 blaster rifles
Thermal detonators
LXR-6 concussion grenade

They wear the classic white Stormtrooper armor - plastoid-composite body armor over a black-body glove.

Strengths:
Since the platoon is supported by the military-industrial-complex of the One Sith, the soldiers will have access to state-of-the-art training facilities, medical support and sanctioned leaves to see their family. Therefore the soldiers are in good physical and psychological shape.

In particular, the Monarch squad has prior experience and while not elite have been analyzed by Tmoxin herself who found them to be exemplary soldiers and fit for any type of ground battle. Since they share the same homeplanet and ideology as their Hapan Commander they are extremely loyal.

Weaknesses:
The Platoon is very new and doesn't have experience working as a team. This will make them prone to disorganization and mistakes.

Some of the grunts are straight out of boot camp and haven't seen the atrocity of warfare. Desertion (at times right on the battlefield) is a high risk with the two inexperienced squads.

Sources:
Stormtroopers
Hapan Royal Guard

First things first.

Are these Platoons

A.) The breakdown of a Blood Monarch Unit

B.) A breakdown of the entire legion.

I'm asking because you made it kind of confusing. If there's 34 individuals in a unit, that's roughly a single platoon in size. But if each platoon is a unique and individual unit then you'd need to make separate submissions for all of them. Of course, if those are just the makeup of each unit in the legion then that's fine.

If what I'm asking needs clarification let me know, I'm just really confused by what your meaning is with the Platoons.

Tmoxin Temi said:
The Shadow stormtroopers wear sleek black armor which provides a level of stealth due to the tygian-triprismatic polymer in the make of the armor. They also carry cloaking devices
  • You'll need to link what armour they're using. Either from canon or factory.
  • The cloaking device link from the wiki is actually for starships. What I believe you intended to link were personal cloaking devices which are a restricted item. Now, if you did do the dev thread for the devices there's no possible way I could approve this with a common availability, even rare would be pushing it. So my suggestion would be to remove it.
[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Once the edits are made and the clarification is given I'll be able to make my judgement :)

Thank you for your thorough review! I understand why you are confused and have corrected the errors.

The entire unit is a platoon, so each "Platoon" should be a "Squad" (8 soldiers) in the header that makes up each Squad. I've also removed other terms that cause further confusion like "Legion" and kept the terminology focused on "Platoon" (for the unit) and "Squads" (for the makeup).

I've linked to further armor sources. The shock trooper armor has no individual canon link like stormtrooper but Wiki says that it's similar to Phase II Clone Armor which isn't in use anymore. Let me know if I need to dig deeper or replace with Factory for that one.

Removed cloaking device

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]
Tmoxin Temi said:
The Shadow stormtroopers wear sleek black armor which provides a level of stealth due to the tygian-triprismatic polymer and meltmassif in the make of the armor.
After reviewing Shadow stormtrooper armour I've made the conclusion that stygian-triprismatic polymer is indeed made with Stygium, as the article 'Stygium armor' refers back to the same page that you've linked for the shdowtrooper armour.

With that in mind you need a dev thread for obtaining anything stygium.

Which brings me to my point. This submission has a mix of elite and regular units within, that's very difficult to judge and prone to abuse.

Tmoxin Temi said:
Squad 2: The Special Ops squad is made up of two Imperial Shock Troopers, two Shadow Stormtroopers and two Snipers. These NPCs are commanded by Tmoxin herself.
Remove the Special Operations squad, if you want a submission for them you'll have to make a separate one. It's just you're not going to get the availability of a legion which has elite units mixed into the grunts. Legions aren't meant to be that strong and if they were I'd be asking for a 50 to 100 post dev thread on that for its availability. Forgive me if I'm coming across bluntly, I'm just making sure you understand where I'm coming from and that this isn't my whim.

Make sure to remove their tech links, too.

All good info to know in case I need to dev anything. I changed the Special Ops squad to another regular infantry squad.

Now the submission is a Platoon with all basic and no elite units mixed in. The Home Base squad is also not elite. They may be more skilled at planning and operations set-up, but would be a weaker squad in terms of actual fighting.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

So a well equipped yet inexperienced stormtrooper legion? Although the availability is common, the individual units only number 34 strong which makes this pretty balanced out. Just make sure you don't abuse these or treat them as elites.

Pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom