Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moross Creation Myth

Mercury Zealot

Monstrocity of Moross - Deceased
Do we have one? Where do the gods come from and how are they related to one another? Salee and Kalee are sisters, which means that the other gods are not siblings, are they all family, or stand alone, simply appearing out of nothing to create the universe?

Blaaaaaaaaaarg I was honestly hoping no one would ever ask this because in my honest opinion creation myths are incredibly hard to get right and make believable. The truth is, yes i do have a vague creation myth in my head for Moross and they didn't just appear out of nothing.

I've never written it down because honestly there's HUGE blanks in the story and i would have to spend some time to fill them. If you guys -really- want me to ill spend a day or so writing it all down, but its kind of a pain <_<

You know, since we are all followers of the Crusade, you can just give us all what you have, then we can give you suggestions on how to fill those gaps. Many minds are better than one.

This is true, but when i say i have it vaguely thought out i mean VERY vaguely. So before i even show it to you guys i would like it to make some semblance of sense, especially with how the gods have developed over the course of the faction existing.

Mercury Zealot

I have a suggestion, perhaps since all of the Gods seem to have their own personality, perhaps they are different parts of One Supreme Ethereal Primordial Soup of the Cosmos... if, that makes any sense at ALL to you :p

But yeah, I like the idea of a Creation Convention.

Basically, there was an original god(the first thing ever) that created the universe. He used all his energy to create the universe, his husk of a body became Thral, the first of the new gods and the caretaker of everything living thing the universe. Thral in this new universe saw the coming of sentient creatures, and knowing that they would need guides spawned the second of the two gods from himself. He created Inari, the healer and the mother of sentient to guide them to life, along with her he made Neth the Keeper of all knowledge to provide the humans with the information they would need to survive. After Inari and Neth guided the sentient for a time the mortals began to split and argue with one another, the knowledge that the first two gods had provided had been too much and the humans began to argue amongst themselves. From this conflict and the powerful emotions were born two more gods, without the actions of Thral, Inari or Neth the gods of war came into being. Salee came to light as the protector, Kalee came into being as the aggressor of all things. As soon as the gods of conflict arrived to the world of sentient their influence bred war, and with war came the god of blood and death. Ithari came into being already born into blood, his wrath unspeakable and his power untold. From war inevitably was bred disease. The blood, wounds, and suffering of war bread the creation of disease and suffering. Liad came into being as master of plagues, and through war his plagues spread like fire. Along with disease war bread another thing. The two sides of the conflict would spy and prod at one another, they would steal and sneak about, and form this Aatrox was created. The Deciever and the greatest of all liars and with him came his sibling...indulgence. Hali was born on the backs of the nobles who stayed away from the war. He was created due to their hubris, their need for indulgence, an their complete lack of concern for the world itself. Thus the nine gods came into being, the first created to oversee the universe, the second and third created for the good of sentients, and the other six by the sentients own flaws. The original nine gods were born, they were created and set about their path by greater forces than even them, they worked together, fought one another acted as all opposing forces would. The gods played out as their natures pushed them too, some helping, some hurting, and some doing nothing at all. The Nine gods worked like this for thousands of years, but what of the tenth? The final god of the pantheon, Erebos the Devourer. Erebos was born from the blackness of space from the wilted and dying soul of the creator. From the nothingness that was the universe and from the remaining life of the first The Devourer came into being. Either by the will of the gods, or the will of the chaos of the galaxy Erebos came to being. His only goal was to devour, to destroy, and sow destruction. First he would consume the mortal plane, and then the gods themselves.

This is the basic story for The Creation i had in mind when creating the faction, input is appreciated but honestly straying far from this would mess up how the gods function with one another.

Mercury Zealot

I like eet :) Though separating it out would have been easier on the eyes :p

Very believable for a faith in my opinion.

I do not yet have a suggestion for you, but I'll think of what I can at a later date :)

It sounds good to me. I mean the Greeks believed that Athena sprang from Zeus' head fully grown and armored. So being born like this because of war and the natural parts of life, is very believable. I like this idea.

At this time, I can only say that maybe there is a chance for Demi-Gods/Goddess? It could explain for alot of the wars, and how "Force users" are these Demi-Gods, being children of the gods would create more followers, and explain why we have so many "children of the gods."

Aye. Don't forget we had to fight tooth and nail for the right to even use the term "Gods" for this faction.

Let's not suggest the use of "Demi-Gods" as well or Art might just pop a vein.

I like the idea of Force Users being "gifted" by the Gods rather than being named as some Divine being. I'm also of the opinion that our "Hand of the Gods" rank would be considered very close/similar to Demi-God status, and that's something you have to earn, not something you're just gifted with. It's also something that can be taken away.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
I don't believe that's part of the creation myth. I think the gods themselves "create" the lesser gods and such with gifts.
That actually sounds better than Demi-gods. I was just using that term since it is easier to recognized.

Amorella Mae said:
Aye. Don't forget we had to fight tooth and nail for the right to even use the term "Gods" for this faction. Let's not suggest the use of "Demi-Gods" as well or Art might just pop a vein.
Understood.

Amorella Mae said:
I like the idea of Force Users being "gifted" by the Gods rather than being named as some Divine being. I'm also of the opinion that our "Hand of the Gods" rank would be considered very close/similar to Demi-God status, and that's something you have to earn, not something you're just gifted with. It's also something that can be taken away.
I see, So then of these "Hands of Gods/Goddess" It would be like a glorified person with this "Gift" or a person that is deemed as the Representative of said god? I just want to flesh out what it exactly is.

A character is chosen and named a "Hand of God" by virtue of their ability to represent the ideals of whatever God they are named for.

An example would be Inari choosing someone who is compassionate, caring, kind, with a strong desire to help others of the Crusade and see the betterment of all Morossians. It wouldn't necessarily need to be someone with "Healing" abilities to earn the spot. NFUs can earn a Hand of God title if they are devoted enough to a cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom