Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Not All That Glitters is Kyber

Mirror.png

"The Mirrorman"

= = = =================================== = = =​

It had been a long flight, to say the least.

A fifteen jump route across nearly the breadth of the galaxy; through nebula, across the edge of a singularity, between binary stars. More than once he had been stopped by government patrols. The route was winding, complicated, and often used hyper-routes that had been deemed so unstable and dangerous that they weren't used anymore. But the instructions...they'd been specific.

"Take the route exactly as described. No deviation. Failure to comply will result in termination of offer."

Termination of employment. Jashin hadn't even met his employer yet, let alone agreed to work for him, and he already didn't like him. Even now, the small Marketta-class shuttle that Jashin laughingly called his "starship" spiraled and arced through space, dodging asteroids and meteorites, the port-side engine alight in actinic blue flame. In the pilot's seat, an astromech droid (Jashin didn't know the model, nor did he care enough to find out), hurriedly tried to compensate for the slurry of rock, frantically turning its head to beep at Jashin as it did so.

Bp-reep-reep-woot! (I wasn't designed for this!)

"I've told you, and told you." Replied Jashin impatiently, tapping his foot on the deck plating. "That I can't understand you. I don't speak beep-boop-bort or whatever it is they call your language. When I bought you, I- FRACK, LOOK OUT FOR THAT ROCK!"

With a robotic squeal of terror, the droid's domed head snapped away from Jashin and back to the viewport, the shuttle spinning like a top as it peeled away from a positively monstrous asteroid threatening to flat them within moments. As the asteroid whizzed past, just barely, Jashin and the droid releasing a collective sigh; not soon after, Jashin started banging his fist on the droid's dome.

"Look." Bang "Where." Bang "Your." Bang! "Going!" BANG! Said Jashin, punctuating each word with his fist. "I'm not going to die from a space rock!"

Reep-reep-do-dee-do! (I'm not even a pilot droid! Don't hit me!)

Just then, the navigation console began beeping. Extending a manipulator to shut it off, the droid whistled excitedly, gesturing out the window and at one of the approaching asteroids. Not but a few kilometers off, it was large, large enough to hold its own gravity, even. In orbit around it was a smaller asteroid, one that had a small outpost built into it - little more than a tiny hangar and a small spire that bristled with antenna. It looked to be an abandoned comm relay station.

"That's it?" Asked Jashin, incredulously. "I flew across the fracking galaxy for this?"

But even as he complained, he ordered the droid to begin landing procedures.

Two weeks ago, he had been passed out drunk in a dive hostel. No work. No plans. No future. The Kafrene job was his last chance; and though he had executed it perfectly, the fact that his intel had been wrong, and the loot worthless, meant that the end result was the same - failure and destitution. The debtors were going to come and chop him for his organs. Jashin had resigned himself to the void of drunken oblivion, when the message had popped up on his computer. It came unbidden, bypassing encryption; how its sender even new Jashin was there a bigger mystery than the message itself.

Jashin Vycarion, or, should I call you Giran the Moonfish? I've taken the liberty of paying off all your debt, no strings attached. Think of it as a good faith installment. In return, I want you to meet with me. I have need of your particular talents, and would employ you after a suitable interview. Should you choose to meet, follow the attached directions exactly. I reiterate; take the route exactly as described, no deviation. Failure to comply will result in termination of offer. You have fourteen standard days to reach the rendezvous point.

I look forward to our impending partnership, Moonfish.

- The Mirrorman

Life had changed after that.

Jashin had thought it a joke at first. Some sick slicer that enjoyed toying with down on their luck degenerates. But the message had been far too specific; his professional name, "Moonfish", had never been widely circulated. That by itself meant nothing; anyone who did a little digging would connect a man fitting Moonfish's description to a rash of agricultural burglaries in the Braxant Run. No, no what freaked Jashin out more than anything was the use of "Giran". How the messenger had gotten hold of that name, how he had connected the dots between Jashin and that name...

This was no prank.

By the time he had checked his credit balances, his entire debt had been paid, plus two thousand extra for travel. After some deliberation (and a day of sobriety), Jashin had bought a (heavily) used shuttle and droid with the money, and had charted a course. And now...now he was about to get some answers.

= = = =================================== = = =​

The shuttle landed in the hangar with a crash; quite literally.

Landing gear squealed and screeched, engines sputtered, and the shuttle careened across the hangar deck, knocking over cargo crates and coolant canisters. Coming to a rest against a far wall (crunching its nose cone flat) it blessedly settled for a moment, before, with a final effort, burst into flame. Frantically, the astromech used its magnetized feet and trundled along the outer hull, its fire extinguisher blasting madly as the little droid tried to save the ship. But it was no use. By the time it had gotten the majority of the fires out, the wiring and components had been melted and fried.

"Another ship scrapped." Muttered Jashin as he watched the tableau play out before him. "What is it with me and ships?"

Beep-beep-beep-reep-doot! Reep-reep-doot-doot-reep! (You killed her! The ship computer was my only friend and you killed her!)

"Oh, shut up, drama queen." Muttered Jashin once more. "Stay with the ship. I'll be back. Probably. Dunno how I'm going to get off this rock." Turning away from the wreckage, Jashin took in the small hangar. It looked like no had been here in years; a fine layer of dust covered nearly everything, and cobwebs cluttered the corners and rafters. It was small, barely room for three or four ships, with just a single exit by the looks of it - a pair of turbolift doors on the far wall. "Turbolift it is, I guess." Punching the button for the lift, Jashin didn't have to wait long before the doors grated open with a screech. Hesitantly entering he took the short ride to the upper level.

The outpost was composed of two levels, apparently, the lower hangar level and the upper communications level. The upper level was equally disused, and equally small; it was comprised of a central room with a holotank, surrounded by chairs, and three rooms that branched out from the central room. Living quarters, mess, and refresher, by the looks of it.

Nothing looked used. Nothing looked touched. How long had the outpost been abandoned? Years? Decades?

"Uh...hello?"

With a hum, the central holotank whirred to life - on a far wall, computer equipment came to life. Clicking and beeping, the computers seemed to be communications equipment. Made sense, with it being a comm station and all. The holotank's holographic field initialized, a flashing "connecting" message briefly pulsing. Not a scant moment later, the field distorted, then resolved itself into the figure of a man sitting in an austere office, the broad expanse of a starfield behind him.

Or...it was probably a man. Dressed in a business suit, the humanoid (or droid?) had a head that looked like it was composed of liquid silver. Whether it be casing or high-tech mask, the surface was so reflective that it reflected the being's surroundings - a broad starfield featuring a colorful nebula. Silently, the man took in Jashin, before speaking first. "Well...you took your time, no? But then the others haven't arrived yet either. So I suppose you're early." Its voice was buzzing and distorted. Not quite synthetic; but modulated, going up and down in frequency, pitch, and cadence. Jashin couldn't begin to tell if it was male or female, young or old, if it had an accent or regional dialect.

"You...aren't what I was expecting." Said Jashin, slowly. Hesitantly, he walked over to one of the chairs situated around the holotank, and sat down - but not before dusting it off meticulously - the action giving him time to think."What's with the, uh..." Jashin gestured to his face.

"Ah, yes. Forgive the theatrics. I will be keeping my person...private. The camouflage was necessary in that regard. You may call me...Mirrorman. Apt and descriptive, no?"

"You said others?" Inquired Jashin, still taking the man in.

"Yes. I offered four potential recruits something of value. I need each of you, a team working in concert. Together...I believe we can help each other. Me, with my problems, and you...with your lack of wealth."

"What kind of -" Began Jashin, before being cut off.

"- I'll stop you right there, Moonfish. Asking questions is pointless until the others have arrived. I'll debrief you all simultaneously...my time to communicate is limited, the window of time in which this station is aligned to transmit is finite."

"Fine. I'll wait." Said Jashin, crossing his arms and leaning back in the chair. Inwardly, though, the man unnerved Jashin greatly; Jashin couldn't get a read on the man. Through kinetic communication, the man emitted...nothing. His body language was neutral, his micro-gestures neutral. Everything was controlled. Measured. Calculated. Jashin nearly suspected the man of being a droid, but he lacked the mechanical and jerky aspect that was inherent to a machine body. No...this was someone who had been trained in secrecy.

So he waited. At the least, Jashin would hear the man out; someone who had gone to all this trouble had to have something sizable to offer, right? And Jashin's curiosity wouldn't be satisfied until he had at least heard the particulars.

Last edited:
sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

dFJuflZ.png

O N E - W E E K - A F T E R - T H E - E N C L A V E

It had been years since Joti had last seen her home on Concordia. Since the Cin'Vode Massacre. Since the fall of Clan Jjota.

Since she shed the family name...

No one knew of her clan, Not anymore. So how in the kriffing hell did He Know Her?!

Joti Johayc, Or should I call you Joti Jjota? Ghost of Cin'vode and the last oc Clan Jjota. Attached to this message, You will find two sets of directions. One will lead you to an Enclave of your people. You may feel alone now, But you are not. Consider it a gesture of good faith. I have need of your particular talents, And would employ you after a suitable interview. Should you choose to meet, Follow the attached directions exactly as described, No deviation. Failure to comply will result in termination in termination of the offer. You have fourteen standard days to reach the rendezvous point.

I look forward to our impending partnership, Ghost.

-The Mirrorman

She'd received the letter several days ago, Giving her just enough time to meet with the Mandalorian Enclave in secret before leaving to find this "Mirrorman". Everything about this seemed wrong to her. How did her know her name? Her True name. How did he know of Clan Jjota's fate? None had ever discovered the hidden Valley, And no one but Joti herself had escaped the Massacre at Cin'Vode. Joti had outright refused to mention the name of her clan nor their fate, So how did he know?

Did someone survive the massacre? Had they sent her this message to lure her into a trap? It was no one she knew personally. She'd watched all her friends and family fall that day, Cutting one another down as if they had been bitter enemies from the start...
Whoever man was, He had not only her attention, But her morbid curiosity. Maybe this was all part of the plan, But he Needed to know. There was no ignoring this.

So, she made the journey. Carefully following the instructions, Hurtling herself and the
Mynock through space for days, Winding and weaving through asteroid fields and unstable hyperlanes until at last, The Mynock touches down in the hanger. And with only a few missing plates and antenni too!

It wasn't at all what she expected. The place looked dusty as hell, Like it had been abandoned for years, Save for the flaming wreckage, Which was currently being mourned over by an astromech.

Hm. Well someone was here. And if they planned to ambush Joti here, They'd better hope they can take her ship, Else they're stuck here too.

>K1, Keep the engine running and the turrets ready...<
After a few affirmative beeps over the commlink from her own Astromech, She proceeds to the wreckage, Ignoring the droid while her HUD scans for lifeforms. Nothing...

A minute later, Jashin and the Mirrorman would hear the distinct Jingle of her loose rocket boots as she steps out of the lift, Taking a few steps out while gripping her staff in both hands.

"Which one of you sent the message...?"
She says in a vaguely threatening, But mostly defensive tone. She wasn't at her calmest, Nor did she look particularly friendly in the way she hefted her staff whilst staring at what looked like a smuggler and some sort of holographic entity, Splendid of a form as it took, But this wasn't the time to worry about first impressions. The usual friendly and smooth Joti was on break, While what was left of the Mandalorian Joti, The Warrior Joti, Was out in full force.

He sat in the bar drinking the cheapest drink short of water. He tried their water. And decided it tasted awful. He was, in truth, rather lost. He'd figured one thing out though, gambling was easy when you could figure out who smelled like lies. That was a funny thing. He had far from mastered learning how to use his ability to detect chemicals in the air. In the water, that was easy. But they moved different. So while he could generally sense them, he had a more difficult time being sure which person they came from.

Tek had left Glee Anselm more by accident than intention. Following a bit of a fight with some Nautolan gangsters, or mob, whichever. He left the group he'd escaped with, but was at a serious loss of money...and interest. That's what he was doing here. Gathering up credits while he could, probably would end up getting into a fight sooner or later. Well another anyway. Thankfully the last one was apparently a criminal with a bounty on his head, that was pure fortune. But on the bad side, he was jipped out of that bounty by an actual hunter.

Until he got a message. It gave him directions, if he wanted a job. It wasn't like there was anything else he had to do at the moment. No other ideas, and why would he turn it down? He highly doubted the Nautolans he'd had a scuffle with were very creative, or very resourceful. Even if they could figure out where he'd gone in the first place.

He slung his Spear blaster around his back and headed out, paying the last for his drink as he finished it.

He got to the location and he sat up.

"Uh...wait." There was a pause as his brain caught up with the event. He got to the location. He...was no longer in the location. He was just, sitting, staring at the building he was in. No memory of coming here. No memory of speaking to anyone to get here. He slung his spear blaster...which he seemed to still have, to his arms.

Was he kidnapped? If so...why leave him his weapon. That seemed counter-intuitive. He could feel his heart beating...but not from fear. He was enjoying himself. This was exciting! Fascinating! He felt hi mouth form a smile as he walked forwards, taking the only path that felt like it would lead anywhere.

Until he found his way into a room, containing Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla , Roth Likonis Roth Likonis , and someone, or something, else. He tried to smell the air, tried to see what emotions he could pick up. Might not work out so well. He wouldn't get anything from 'Mirrorman', and The Mandalorian's outfit might delay or inhibit whatever he might sense from her. Leaving only that he might sense something from Jashin.

He paused a moment, cocked his head, still smiling. His spear pointed down, but if necessary, he could change that.
"Well hi. Am I late to the party? Guess I took the long route, kind of hard to know what to do when you're unconscious for most of the trip, but, you know. It is what it is." for someone who just admitted to having been knocked out, and walked into a room with an angry mandalorian, an unkown spacer, and someone ominously on a hologram, he was very cheerful.

"Which one of you sent the message...?"

The feminine voice came from behind him, so Jashin leaned his head backward, his maroon hair falling out of his eyes to reveal...a red-armored Mando. "Ah, crap. A Mandalorian." Not that Jashin had anything against the warrior nation. If anything, he had the upmost respect for them and their dedication to their way of life. It's just that their way of life and his more subtle way of doings things seldom got along. Her voice was young, and not too bad on the ears - slender, she cut a figure in all the red she was wearing, even under the metal. Jashin knew better than to underestimate the woman, however. His cybernetics gave him an edge, but not against the walking armory that was a Mandalorian. Clearing his throat, he gestured at the hologram. "Probably Mirror-face here. Let me guess...mysterious message? Extremely personal details? Offer of employment? Welcome to the club."

As he spoke he took the woman in - her stance, the tightness of her grip, the way she squared her shoulders, how fast she walked, the pitch and tone of her voice. In her he saw determination; some anger, yes, but more than that, a resolve to find answers. That aside, she wasn't entirely calm...there was a minute tensing of the hands around her weapon that betrayed an emotion he couldn't identify, not with her helmet on. Nervousness? Fear? Something had unsettled her - probably the message.

Interesting. So it wasn't just Jashin that the Mirrorman had information on; and that, more than anything he had learned so far, disturbed him greatly.

"Well hi. Am I late to the party? Guess I took the long route, kind of hard to know what to do when you're unconscious for most of the trip, but, you know. It is what it is."

Jashin tilted his head back forward, hair cascading back into his face. Pushing it out out of the way, he took in the happy-go-lucky Nautolan that stood before them, his mouth slowly forming a grim line. "....." Jashin was largely silent, for a long moment, out of the dismay that was crashing down on him. Above all, Jashin valued his privacy and his ability to deceive and manipulate others. Kinetic communication combined with his cybernetics allowed him to do that far more effectively than most, while simultaneously guarding himself from being accurately read. This was only furthered by his species' famed mental protection - no empath, telepath, or force user could pry the secrets out of his head. No matter how powerful. But here, out of all the species in the galaxy...was a being that could bypass all of that, even if only partially. Finally finding his voice, the Nautolan no doubt picking up on the dismay that he was feeling, Jashin lowered his head and covered it with his hand. "And a happy kid with too little sense to be afraid. Well, now our merry band is truly complete, isn't it." Jashin leveled a finger at the hologram, accusingly. "You planned that, didn't you."

"Somebody has to keep an eye on you, yes. I will not underestimate you, Moonfish. Not for a second." Replied the hologram, its strange modulated voice buzzing and warbling, its mirrored expression unreadable.

Jashin, for his part, didn't know whether to be flattered, or insulted. He settled on an emotion somewhere half-way between, and crossed his arms.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Tek Tek

dFJuflZ.png

It was a good thing that the maroon haired one had spoken when he had when he did, Else things might have taken a different turn.
"Ok..." She says in a defeated tone as she lowers the staff, Planting the blunt end against the ground. "You win."
She had no idea what to make of these two, Aside from the fact that is man was probably a smuggler or some other lowlife, The usual company Joti kept. But this... Mirrorman? Nothing familiar about them. Nothing to relate to, Nothing she recognized. And to make matters worse, It was just a hologram. Whoever he or she was, They were nowhere near this place. And something told her that the answers were even further away...

And then the happy go lucky nautolan walked in.

Her blaster had been drawn the moment the door opened, Already slightly raised when the nautolan entered room, But never pointed directly at him. She was quick on the draw, But faster in thought. Removing the blaster from her thigh holster had been purely instinctual, A measure to protect herself in an unpredictable environment. A move that would do her no good, Had she followed through.

"And then there were three..."
Having been there long enough, The nautolan would get the full joti experience. Anger, Fear, Regret Loneliness, Greed, Uncertainty And Sorrow, All wrapped up in one little redheaded package. But above all of those, The feeling of defeat reigned over her emotions, And had long before she'd ever set foot in this room.

And yet... She removes her helmet with one hand, Revealing a convincing smile and her short ginger hair, Dyed at the tips to look like flame.

"Well I came all this way, Might as well hear you crazy bastards out."

It was all a lie of course. She wanted out of here as soon as possible and so far she had no intention of working with these people. But it was curiosity that pushed her forward, The craving, The need to know what happens next in the story.

Reaching into her pocket, She withdraws a single cigarette, Holding it to her bracer as a tiny candle flame suddenly appears, Lighting the cig before she shakes out the flame and raises the cig to her lips, Taking a quick drag before exhaling an orange, sweet scented smoke.

She never sat, Only leaned against the wall within view of the holographic "Mirrorman", Still holding her cigarette between two leather clad fingers.

"Well," * Sigh* "Before we start, Am I gettin' any answers out of this or is this the part where you "Interview" us? 'Cause If am getting answers; You've a lot to answer for, Mirrorman." She smirks, pointing at the hologram with her cigarette.

That was Joti for you. Fake confidence and a smooth, Smug attitude, Even in the face of someone she obviously had no business crossing. Jashin was right. What an addition to such a merry band...

Momentary silence in response to his greeting. Simply thinking of a response? Or uncertainty perhaps. He could sense what seemed to be unease, or distress. The easiest possibility was the only person who had his body out in the open, Roth Likonis Roth Likonis . He'd be easier to know that once he was closer. Course, it shouldn't be a surprise he realized. If they ended up here remotely the way he had. Still, the following words didn't necessarily match what he thought he had smelled.

The mandalorian had a blaster pulled on him when he walked in, well, out was a better word. She was prepared, but not overly aggressive. He appreciated that. Skilled at fighting or not. Mandalorian armor was not easily penetrated from what he heard, he had no personal experience with it. But a good blaster could absolutely kill him if it hit correctly. He didn't doubt she knew how to do that.

So, distress from one. And now he felt even more things all at once from the other woman. Or maybe it was because of that she had armor that it was so many. He had trouble recognizing greed in the air, it was something that had shown up so often in the bar he nearly attributed it to near commonality of humans. Anger, sorrow, fear, uncertainty. Those he recognized. He knew some back on Glee Anselm who often had those trails around them.

"And a happy kid with too little sense to be afraid. Well, now our merry band is truly complete, isn't it."
The Nautolan only smiled more, "Aw, come on. Where's your sense of adventure? Besides," He walked further inwards, feeling the chemicals stronger as he approached. Though that didn't mean he believed the emotions behind them to be so. "what good would it do me? I hunt for a living, or did. Fear can cause panic, panic can make your hearts beat too fast and mess up your aim."

Jashin had an interesting manner about him, his distress didn't show very visibly for one. And the hologram gave him an interesting name "Moonfish" not one Tek had heard before. He wondered where it came from. The Mandalorian expressed interest, but remained cautious physically. Mandalorians, this was the first he'd met. He was interested for sure in how their culture worked. Tek always enjoyed a good fight but it was more than that for them he thought. It was supposed to be part of who they were. At least, that's what he'd heard.

Tek kept them all in eyesight, standing arms crossed and teeth bared in a smile still. Joti's cigarette smoke got to him. Different then the ones he'd smelled at the bar. It almost was nice. Air was just so thin he felt. Like it came and went too easily. The smoke made it feel a little less so.
Roth Likonis Roth Likonis Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

The Mirrorman never really reacted or moved during the whole interaction; he (and a "he" only by virtue of his moniker) instead opted to silently observe the group until they had more or less settled around the tank. Statuesque, he took them all in; the Mando, the Thief, the Thrill-seeker. Something offscreen pulled the Mirrorman's attention, then, and he turned his head, cocked it - as if listening - before nodding. It was then, and only then, that he spoke at length.

"I have been informed that the fourth member of your team has declined my offer; they've been retired, it seems, by a bounty hunter." The Mirrorman shook his mirrored head, hopelessly. "Such a shame. I had high hopes." Readjusting his tie, the Mirrorman clapped his hands - a smooth and fluid motion devoid of any real energy - and the lights above Jashin, Joti, and Tek all dimmed, until the only source of light within the room was from the dim glow of the holotank. "We shall begin."

"I have gathered you all here for a singular purpose; to work for me. I am an information broker, of sorts, and I do not deal in physicality, but rather manipulation of circumstances. By necessity I need individuals who can carry out my objectives and whims when that manipulation fails. These "jobs" will often seem arbitrary; "steal that championship grav-ball trophy" and "break that rare and valuable vase" - but they will have far reaching implications that will not be readily recognizable to you. Other jobs, like "blow up that communications tower" and "rescue so and so from the big bad criminal" will have more tangible benefits that you may be able to recognize. In return, I will offer each of you something of value...

"Moonfish...I offer you wealth, and fame. You once had grand dreams of becoming the galaxy's preeminent thief - a master of your craft, renowned, revered, and idolized. What happened to those dreams? When did you become a drunk with not a credit to his name? I offer you a chance at redemption - not in the eyes of your peers, but in your own eyes. Equipment and intelligence will be provided. You must only reach out and seize your destiny."

"Joti Johayc...I offer you information. I will not speak on the great tragedy that befell you and your clan. I know it to be painful and deeply personal. Work for me, and I will offer you the information that is at my disposal, to find answers and closure, as well as the resources available to me to rebuild your clans status, wealth, and forces. Beyond that...I offer you structure. Where did the warrior go? That trained and keen blade? You've become dull in your grief, and I offer you that most beautiful of work - combat. Duumir gaa’tayl, nau'ur kad ka’rta, vode! (Allow help; heal your soul!)."

"As for you, Tek...I offer you salvation from a drab and mundane life. Yours is too new to have found your dreams yet, your direction. So I offer you this; the chance to see the galaxy, the chance to participate in grand adventures, and the chance to forge your own fate amidst all the galaxy has to offer. Alongside your compatriots, you will grow, learn, and become a valued and indispensable part of this team. I see nothing but potential in you; some you don't even know of yet. My hope is that you reach out and seize it."

The hologram distorted, static blurring its surface, and the Mirrorman looked off screen. Refocusing his gaze on the three, he spread his arms wide. "My time is up; your position is moving out of alignment, and secure communication will become impossible. Your interview is a job - the details of which I am transmitting now. You three are not my only employees, nor my only candidates. I've pulled the three of you together because I believe you make an ideal balance of cunning, aggression, and adaptability - prove me right. You have one week to complete your interview. Good luck."

And with that, the hologram shut itself off with a clunk and a whir of machinery; not moments later, the base of the tank beeped, and an info card ejected - presumably with the details of the job.

In the long silence that followed, Jashin, for his part, only leaned back and steepled his hands in front of him, thinking, before finally saying...

"Well. I can honestly say...I wasn't expecting any of that."

dFJuflZ.png

She smiled at first. Of course "He" was an information broker. Not some extragalactic alien, Not some grandmaster of some mysterious order, No. The mirrorman, Though clever, Was just like everyone else she'd worked for. Just a man(or woman) playing their cards in the great game. The only difference was that the mirrorman and joti's hands were both illegal, While the empires and the sorcerers were playing by the rules. She thought she had the mirror all figured out. But then came Moonfish's turn, And where she expected to see her fellow scum blackmailed, The maroon haired man was offered something so deep and so personal, That he couldn't rightly refuse.

So that's your game...
But then came her turn, Causing her deep blue eyes to immediately snap towards the mirrorman. Information? On what? Targets?! Was he really about to buy her off with intel on kriffing bounties? She was hunting lowlife Scum, Same as herself, same as moonfish and probably that nautolan too. All she needed was a tracking fob or a bribe and she could find any of her measly bounties, What could this Mirrorman possibly offer her to be his little puppet?
And that's when she heard it. The words she never thought she'd hear.

She exhales sharply, Shooting a quick puff of Orange smoke through the dim air as she stares deep into the Mirrorman's faceless form, Her deep blue eyes widening as she hears those words: Rebuild your clan.

She was speechless. After all these years of drifting from one place to another, Surviving one check to the next, Hunting bounty after bounty, She had never dared to even dream of rebuilding her clan, Of being anyone else than the Last of Jjota. She'd done nothing to earn this, She didn't Deserve this. But damned if she wasn't going to try.

She was entirely silent after that, Staring into the holographic form and star filled void where the Mirrorman's face should have been. Joti never forgets a face, Nor lack thereof, And she would remember this one for the rest of her life.

The transmission cuts and silence fills the room after three of the team's qualities are named: Cunning. Aggression. Adaptability.

Joti wasn't your typical mandalorian, And in fact her first impression today was a drastic change from her usual presentation, Brought on by caution and a kind of uncertainty that she hadn't felt in many years, But there was no doubt: She was Aggression. And that would do just fine.

Eventually, "Moonfish" breaks the silence.

"Well. I can honestly say...I wasn't expecting any of that."

"Yeah..." She crosses her arms "Me neither..."

After another long pause, She silently glances at both Moonfish and the nautolan, Giving them both a quick once over, Trying to get a feel for the two before she spoke.

"Well, Tek and "Moonfish"... I guess- I guess we're partners or some chit now huh?"

Tek Tek Roth Likonis Roth Likonis

Fourth taken down by a bounty hunter. Reminded Tek of earlier today. Not that it was relevant now, he moved on fast as the lights dimmed. He was, as Tek found it, the player. And everyone under him were pieces. Their individual relevance was minimal, but the overall results were what mattered. Tek figured he underplayed his own name as an information broker. No, maybe more of a kingpin. But who spread his resources thin and ran them more by 'manipulation of circumstances', than direct movement. In other-words, the three of them weren't the primary agents. They were cleanup.

Then came the offer. To Moonfish, wealth, reputation, and 'redemption' as he said. To the Mandalorian, The resources necessary for vengeance, the honor of combat, and the preparations of a new clan. Then came Tek's, adventure, a potential for growth as one of the group. It was funny how simple a promise that was. The offer he had for the others was personal. Specific to them. His was so basic. But it was very much enough. In truth, there really wan't anything better anyone could offer him than what he just had. Kidnapping or not.

Cunning, Aggression, Adaptability. He wondered which one he was supposed to be. Unless those traits were spread between all of them. The smuggler seemed like he might fit cunning or adaptability. The mandalorian...well he couldn't tell enough. Could be anything, Aggression fit easily though based on what he heard of them. Then again, it wasn't like he'd been the most pacifistic man either.

He ran a finger along his hand. It was starting to feel dry. Starting to make him very uncomfortable. Jashin commented on what he expected, Joti agreed before adding in another comment, "Sure seems like it." He said cheerfully, slipping his rifle around his back and slapping his hands together. Dry. He felt dry. "I really need some water." he added shaking his head and running his jostling his arms. "Air is just so dry."

He looked at his communicator and the content,
"So now what. I don't have a ship. Literally felt like I went from walking into a building to sitting up here. I mean it worked out good so far, got something interesting to look forward to. Actually this is pretty much the perfect situation for me...except that I don't have a ship." he pointed one hand to one of them and the other to the other, not accusatorially, "Anybody?"

So dry.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Roth Likonis Roth Likonis

"Yes...I suppose we will be working together, and no, my ship is a flaming wreck. Unless one of you can fix flaming wrecks."

Jashin stood in a smooth movement, pacing around the room, his hands still steepled in thought. A mysterious information broker. Jobs. Purpose. Fame. Wealth. Redemption. Adventure. So much information, and so much at once. Jashin prided himself on his quick mind and intuitiveness - but this Mirrorman, he was in an entirely different league than Jashin...

A chime toned in the room, and near silently, with a bare hint of hydraulics, three small equipment lockers rose out of the floor. In unison, their red lock indicators flashed to green, and they clicked open. Within, they held a small assortment of equipment, each tailored to each individuals preferences. It seemed that each individual would receive three items from the Mirrorman. Uneasily, Jashin went to the one labeled with the aurabesh "M", slowly rifling through the equipment. A small moulded holster, bespoke to his proportions, which held a tiny CS14 light blaster. A chromium plated wrist chrono, which had a note attached identifying it as a disguised No-Show. A SoroSuub Micro-Tool pack, complete with a durinium leather boot insert to smuggle it past scanners.

Taking in the gifts, Jashin suddenly recalled Mirrorman's words, spoken not minutes ago.

"Equipment and intelligence will be provided. You must only reach out and seize your destiny."

He had meant that literally, apparently. "...How...how did he fill the lockers, when nothing in the station was disturbed?" Asked Jashin to the others, after a moments hesitation. Indeed, not one dust particle, not one cobweb, not one piece of rust had been disturbed. Yet the equipment was new. Brand new, in fact. The elevator door hadn't been opened in years, had the dust been placed artificially? Did the station simply have the illusion of being rundown?

No, Mirror man wasn't just in an entirely different league; he was playing an entirely different game. And Jashin could only marvel in awe.

Strapping on the wrist chrono and blaster, Jashin situated the Micro-tool pack in the cuff of his boot. Straightening, he nodded at the others. "Right. So...we should probably look at the actual job?" Jashin fished the datacard out of the holotank, and dangled it between his fingers, as if it were going to bite him at any moment. "Since we're going to be working together. I mean, technically we're not even hired yet, right? This is our working interview."

dFJuflZ.png

The others had both inquired as to their transportation off this rock, And whether she liked it or not, She had the only functioning ship here.

"Well," She sighs "Mine is in hella better shape than fishy's... The Mynock ain't a fighter, But she's got space for all of us and our gear. Got a secret hold too. But... I want actual names before I let you people aboard My ship. And if we go through with this chit, I'm captain of My ship."
She says in an authoritative tone, Thumbing her breastplate.

Then came the equipment lockers, Rising steadily out of the floor with no warning, Presenting what looked to be personalized equipment for each of them. At least, according to Moonfish's reaction anyway. She didn't expect much out of it. Probably some attempt at a beskad or some gauntlet weaponry. She'd always wanted something like whistling birds, Maybe Mirrorman over there got one for her?

She approaches the locker, Sort of chuckling at the thought of whatever they could have stuffed into this thing as she takes a knee, Pulling it open. But what she saw shocked her, Causing her to drop the other knee and just stare into the locker.

Inside where two items. The first item was a Beskad, Which looked plain to anyone who didn't know the secret. It boasts a long rectangular blade, Made from a dark iron coloured metal that looked to have been mixed with Beskar, And had a single emblem engraved into the flat of the blade. Running down the blade itself were a series of square shaped additions that stuck out from the cutting edge, Which didn't seem to have any use in combat, As they were quite dull. Below these odd additions was the hilt, which boasted a single quillion in the place of a full hand guard, which rests above a pair of buttons along the rather plan but slightly curved hilt.
Plain as it may appear, This weapon held great sentimental value to Joti, Bringing both nostalgia and shame to her all at once.
Cautiously, She places one hand on the hilt, And the other on the blade, Carefully retrieving the Beskad in both hands, Slowly and gently removing it from the locker and staring deep into the clean blade itself as if in quiet reverence, Seeing both the engraved emblem, And her perfect reflection staring back at her.

Without warning, She suddenly pulls it in close, Holding the flat of the blade close to her chest and in both hands, Squeezing her eyes shut. No matter how hard she tried, She couldn't hide the emotion in that moment. Had it not been for the presence of these Aruetiise, She might have let herself cry...

"I'll never lose you again..."

In the locker, Still unattended, Were a pair of Vambrace weapons, Which seemed to come with a small set of Kunai that looked ancient, But had been modified with a number of electrical components, And each one of them had been stamped with the same emblem as the sword.

After a moment of silence, She opens her eyes, Glancing up at the others who she was slightly embarrassed that she'd let her composure break like that in front of.

"I'll uhm... I'll check that data card."
She forces herself on her feet, Carefully keeping the blade from touching the ground, And then walks over to the holo-table, Removing the data card and inserting it into her bracer's data recorder and holo-projector, To play the message in whichever fashion it was meant to be received.

Tek shrugged apologetically at whether or not either could fix his ship. "Sorry. Only stuff I've helped get fixed is much smaller scale, and never had a hyperdrive. Mostly propellors." he said truthfully. He wasn't a mechanic. Just sometimes you needed to know a few things, small things that did not qualify you for calling yourself skilled at such a task. Thankfully, Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla stated she had a ship. With extra clarification on that it was her ship. He held up his hands defensively, "Hey I'm not remotely up for stealing from friends, let alone Mandalorian ones." he said, partially jokingly.

Containers came out, for them it seemed as there was exactly three. He wondered what happened to the fourth. Roth Likonis Roth Likonis commented in wondering on how he got them in. Tek simply shrugged, "Maybe it only looks undisturbed. He knew the pasts of both of you, and knew what I was searching for. How hard can it really be for someone with these resources to make a room look untouched."

Didn't mean he wasn't interested. But he doubted he'd get an answer. And so perhaps it was better to let it go. What Jashin got, while he figured useful to the man, wasn't something that interested the Nautolan. However when Joti pulled out some kind of sword, his interest was certainly gained. More interest because of what he saw, there was no need to sense the chemicals in the air here. It touched her in some way. Normal as the blade may seem, it was important in some way. He took in a breath to ask, then reconsidered. "Maybe later." he said quietly. Give her peace.

He went to his own, opening the locker and cocking his head on what was inside. The first he saw was a viper-mk-i-skinsuit. Beside it, a g1-omnilink which looked like it had been made water proofed. The Omnilink he put on first, draping the skinsuit over his shoulder, but beside all that was a canister, no built in label but a note simply: "For your skin."

He took out the canister, looking it over in thought. He'd have to test this later. See exactly what it was. It looked like some kind of oil almost. Barely any smell at all, even for him. Which was fascinating. He looked at the others blinking for a moment then chuckling, "Heh, I got clothes and both of you got weapons." he seemed legitimately amused. Though he was well aware the outfit was not in fact meant for basic clothing.

Thinking on it, he might buy some lighter weight weaponry. Meh, maybe some other time. His spearblaster would do just fine for now. They all were moving onto the data so he simply followed suit.

"Well this is going to be interesting isn't it? An 'interview' for a job that...presumedly involves doing a job." He said before furrowing his brow, "Wait isn't there a word for that? I feel like there is but for the life of me I can't figure it out."

The others had both inquired as to their transportation off this rock, And whether she liked it or not, She had the only functioning ship here.

"Well," She sighs "Mine is in hella better shape than fishy's... The Mynock ain't a fighter, But she's got space for all of us and our gear. Got a secret hold too. But... I want actual names before I let you people aboard My ship. And if we go through with this chit, I'm captain of My ship."
She says in an authoritative tone, Thumbing her breastplate.

Jashin was inspecting his new gifts as the Mandalorian spoke, and shrugged when she had finished. "You can want names all you want. You're not getting mine just yet. Besides...I'd just give you an alias. How would you know the difference? Call me Mooney; little more familiar than Moonfish." Slow to trust, indeed. At her protectiveness over her ship, Jashin nodded amicably, waving the words away. "Fine, fine. Won't find any trouble with that here - I'm not a ship thief. But let's agree that as far as the jobs are concerned, that it's a collaborative effort. Mirrorman didn't leave anyone in charge of the actual job, probably to see how well we could work together."

Jashin stepped back as the other two inspected their equipment, their lockers holding his interest in passing - he was curious to see what the Mirrorman would provide them. Clothing and a canister for the Nautolan - Tek - which held no appeal to Jashin. Though he shared a brief smile with Tek, shrugging in response to the alien's amusement. "I mean I smell like booze and vomit. I'd kill for clothes at this point."

The mandalorian got weapons, no surprise there. Though, what was surprising was her reaction to them. Holding them to her breastplate, her eyes presumably closed - for her back was to Jashin - his keen augmented hearing picked up those muttered words.

"I'll never lose you again..."
The Mirrorman had mentioned tragedy and loss in the Mandalorian's life - to the point he hadn't even spoken on it publicly with the others around. It wasn't lost on Jashin that the Mirrorman hadn't extended the same courtesy to Jashin himself. Did that mean he favored the Mando? Or he knew that bringing it up with her was likely a good way to get her to decline the job offer. Jashin suspected it was the latter; and wisely decided not to try and bring up the subject with the woman, unless the opportunity presented itself naturally.

As the Mando rose to her feet - somewhat embarrassed it seemed - and retrieved the datacard from the holotank, Jashin walked over to join her. He was eager to get started; indeed, some of that old excitement and flair for life was starting to seep into his bones. A vitality that he hadn't felt in some time. Purpose, it seemed, was the great invigorator. Intently, he watched as the holoprojector on her gauntlet came to life, and a message began playing.

In a droning synthetic voice, a droid began to speak, detailing the specifics of the job.

Lormar-class Refinery Station "Minera Station"
Galactic Position: Outer Rim Territories
Government: None (Currently Under Mining Guild Contract)
Target: Crystal

Briefing:
Over the course of one standard week, auctioneers are gathering across the galaxy at the Alpinn system to bid on a rare vase-sized Kyber crystal. Hosted by the mining guild, who were the ones to dig up the crystal, the auction is a publicity stunt for the Guild to secure new mining contracts for Kyberite ore - a highly valuable commodity commonly used to supercharge laser weaponry.

Your mission is to infiltrate the auction, steal the Kyber crystal, and then deliver the crystal to the enclosed location. Resistance is heavy and security is high; we have an amount of intelligence that may aid you, but ultimately it will be up to you. This is within your abilities. Think creatively adaptively. Good luck.

Before the hologram shuts off, it display several packets of informations in rapid succession; the auctioneer and patrons attending and their retinue and flight plans; the Mining Guild Refinery station and its defensive and offensive weaponry, as well as the various starships that would be guarding it; and lastly, the crystal itself, and its dimensions.

- - - - -

Station Personnel:
Vogle Pram, human, 55, male
Director of Minera Station, will be selling the crystal personally as auctioneer and master of ceremonies. Ex-Imperial.

Bidi Pram, human, 44, female
Wife of director Vogle, will be attending ceremony; has strained marriage with Vogle. Coruscanti heiress.

Theron Lek, Weequay, 40, male
Weequay of above average intelligence; is head of security for Minera Station. Shrew, observant - maintain caution. Ex-military.

- - - - -

Patrons:
Bendek, species unknown, age unknown, gender unknown.
Always bids through holonet, is a known avid collector of crystals and jewels. Maintains a physical presence at auctions through modified battle droid. Retinue: modified battle droid. Flight plan: none

Drexle, Devaronian, 45, male
Gun smuggling baron, known smuggler that deals in arms and ammunition of all grades. frequently supplies all sides in a given war. Retinue: four IG-RM Thug droids. Flight Plan: already on station

Meerto Fern, Rodian, 30, male
Acquisitions officer for a major arms corporation subcontractor. Notably cowardly. Retinue: four corporate security marines. Flight plan: inbound, will be making a stop at Alpinn's furthest moon before heading to station.

General Cain, human, 50, male
Mercenary general, and avid user of Kyber charged weaponry - largest contender to secure Mining Guild contract. Retinue: 1 Munifex-class light cruiser, 12 I-7 Howlrunners, standard on station guard of four commandoes. On a tight leash with Vogle: military forces are heavily monitored and not allowed to patrol. Flight plan: already on station

- - - - -

Security forces:

- Minera Station
Defense: Heavy station shielding
Armament: 4 quad turbolaser cannons, 1 long-range interceptor missile battery, 1 heavy tractor beam projector.
Security compliment: 500 Mining Guild Troopers, 100 G-2RD Security Droids, 25 T4 Turret Droids.
Starship Compliment: 24 TIE/mgs

As the synthetic voice rattled off names and military forces, Jashin's eyes kept getting larger and larger. When the voice was done, Jashin began laughing, raising his hands defensively. "Oh-ho...ho...nooo...nope. That's a fortress. I can't- are you insane?" Jashin turned, gesturing at the room. "Hello? Hear me? Insane!"

Tek Tek Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

dFJuflZ.png

Mooney: "You can want names all you want. You're not getting mine just yet. Besides...I'd just give you an alias. How would you know the difference? Call me Mooney; little more familiar than Moonfish."

Tek: "Hey I'm not remotely up for stealing from friends, let alone Mandalorian ones."

"Well, That just means you two are smarter than ya look" She chuckles "Alright, "Mooney", Fair enough. But you ain't getting my name either" That time she winked at Jashin. The word "Johayc" Was Mando'a, And meant "Spoken" or "Pronounced", A moniker she'd earned for being more talkative than stereotypical mandalorians, And she knew that anyone who could speak her tongue would figure it our real kriffing fast.

"Alright, let's see what we got." Listening to the holotape shortly after, Joti's suspicion was confirmed. This was the big leagues, Which should have been apparent seeing as The Clan's Beskad had been returned to her by The Mirrorman. This job, Which was merely a test, Wa unlike anything she'd done before. And yet, This was right up her alley.

"Oh-ho...ho...nooo...nope. That's a fortress. I can't- are you insane?" Jashin turned, gesturing at the room. "Hello? Hear me? Insane!"

"Hah. What's the matter Mooney? Thought Mirror face was gonna go easy on us?"

She grins at the thought and shakes her head, Rewinding and pausing the holo message, Suddenly pointing at a line of text.

"See that? Strained Marriage? Husband's only as strong as his wife...We use the old lady to get to the old man, Take his shebs hostage and force him to give us the crystal. We take him with us on our way out, Put him on a pod just before we slip into hyperspace with the crystal and get loaded with cash or whatever the Mirrorman's giving us. If we get him when the time is right and we act fast enough, The "Highly intelligent" weequay won't be able to do chit, Cause he'll know we can blow his employer's head clean off... I can, anyway. The guy with the cruiser won't be able to do chit, Else he risk's blowing up the seller And Merchandise, And we'll be gone before he can do anything about that. The Rodian's a little Ik'aad, so we don't have to worry about him. Or hell, if we can pick something up, Could nab his shebs too, Have someone Disguise as him and then the others can impersonate his guards."
She carefully slides the beskad into her belt and then puts her hands on her hips, Proud of her little plan. Whether that plan would actually work however, Remained to be seen...

Tek grunted in acknowledgment on Roth Likonis Roth Likonis saying he'd want some clothes himself. "Well hopefully not me, then you'd be down a man." he joked again. Jashin mentioned that he wouldn't be telling them his real name, so he could just go by moony, "Alright but you have to admit, it'd be way more amusing to call you fishy instead."

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla mentioned not revealing her name either. Tek cocked his head, "So...Joti Johayc is not your name?" he asked raising an eyebrow. He'd heard the name mentioned earlier when he was talking about them, and now was wondering if the man had ever said anyones full name. Moonfish wasn't a name, Joti either forgot or Joti Johayc was an alias or nickname, and he'd only called Tek by his first name. That was...interesting.

The hunter watched eagerly as the data ran through. Tek had to smile wider at Jashin's reaction to the 'fortress' which probably was an accurate term. Joti seemed to find it funny too.
"Thinking too much like a fighter, buddy. We don't have to take them all, just the crystal. Like killing the queen of a hive."

Tek ran ran his fingers along one of his tendrils in thought, Joti was the first to speak. Pointing out a weak marriage and the route to getting the crystal, without involving the auction itself. Tek bobbed his head left and right in thought, "Could work as long as he cares enough for her. He's ex imperial it says and married up. She's an heiress of some kind. Her death might actually be good for him if he gets all she owns. I know that's a cynical view, but some people are like that. Course...guess we could blackmail his refusal if he did. Then the issue is just getting to her."

He pointed to Meerto as well, she had mentioned him, "He could be an easy target too, but I'm leaning towards Joti's plan still. Catch him on his way in, he's only got four guards. Military or not surprise attacks can do a whole lot. We don't even need to disguise as him necessarily. Get as much information out of him as we can, then stay with him as the guards, and as threats. Just in case they have scans we can't match. He is a Rodian afterall. Issue there is if they have a secret way of telling off alerts. But maybe I can overplay my hand, tell him I'll be able to know when he's lying. Not that I can't tell sometimes. It's...hard to explain. Basic emotions are the easiest to recognize. But I've never met a Rodian and don't know how different they function chemically speaking."

Tek groaned in thought. While he still though it was far from impossible, there was the issue of enacting plans. Because though they had good information. It wasn't everything necessary. "We have a week at best. We could take the chance in scouting it out thoroughly over a day or two. Or try and get a quick scout of one of our targets and go with that. Joti's plan for kidnapping the wife could probably work as long as we can get to her and keep it quiet so someone else doesn't try and seize the crystal first. Or maybe try and slice control of the droids of one of the others, but that's risky. And I don't have any clue how we'd do that."

Taking a step back and holding up his hands as he was finished, he had nothing else to say on the matter right now. They had options. But it was better to have a really good plan for one, than a lot of plans for multiple people who they'd never use.

Jashin was standing now, pacing, his hands steepled once more.

If he was being honest with himself, his apprehension was more from his series of failures and only moderate successes - this was the big leagues, quite obviously, and he wasn't entirely convinced just yet of his ability to pull all of this off. So, rather than offer solutions, he listened to what the others had to offer and say, holding his own opinions until they were done. As ideas and plans of actions were thrown around, several things became clear to him, however, and he turned to look at the others.

"Meerto. We should do the Meerto option." Jashin sat back down in his chair, leaning back as he did so. "Think about it. We have no idea how the Pram's relationship is strained. Strained doesn't necessarily mean willing to throw the other out to certain death; could mean a divorce, or infidelity, or an addiction, or money problems. Could mean one of them is bad in bed. But they got together for some initial reason, and that initial reason is what we should be worrying about; that reason comes rushing back when a relationship is at the brink. It's why divorces get put off, why people don't leave abusive situations when they should. I'm not talking about love, either - could be money, children, you name it. That reason...it's powerful. Making a plan on exploiting that relationship without further info...that's going to lead to a big mess, real fast."

Jashin held up a finger.

"Aside from that, we have no idea how important Vogle or his wife is. Yeah, he's the director of the station...but is that important overall to the Guild? We assume that they would rather let us get away than destroy the merchandise and Vogle, but wouldn't letting us get away make the Mining Guild look weak in front of potential buyers for contracts? Make it look like they can't protect and secure their own product, even in the middle of a Mining Guild fortress? The briefing said this whole thing was a publicity stunt...I'm not so sure they wouldn't just blow us up, to make a point to future buyers. Further, the slicing option could work...but we know nothing of Bendek, or his droid. If he's so secretive, I fear that his droid is going to have all kinds of countermeasures to prevent alteration; presumably put there to prevent identifying its master."

Jashin shrugged.

"Ultimately, we don't have enough information on a lot of this. We need a way onto the station, to get closer, to gather more info, to make more informed decisions. I don't know if it's a test, or if it's the best Mirrorman could do on short notice - but the most reliable info we have seems to be on this Meerto." Jashin tapped the side of his nose with a finger. "I'm pretty good at altering identicards and authentication papers and codes. If we could get Meerto to comm ahead and say that there had been a change of plans...I think the three of us can get onto the station without arousing suspicion."

Jashin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"One thing is for sure. If we overplay our hand...if we tip them off before we're in position to take the crystal...that things going to go into such a tight lockdown that we're going to be good as fired."

dFJuflZ.png

Jot had fallen silent for a time, Taking another drag of her cigarette, Which the nautolan might notice was making her a little calmer. Each time, Just before she smoked, She'd either have gotten nervous or succumbed to doubt, Spiking up just before taking another drag and then slowly simmering down again. A bit like putting coolant in a worn engine or an overheating blaster barrel.

"Well," She blows a stream of orange smoke out the side of her mouth.
"I see who "Cunning" is now... Fishy's got a good point there. We nab this here Meerto fella, And Bully our way onto the station."

Truth be told, Moonfish's plan was a tad simpler than Joti's initial scheme. She'd clearly overlooked some things, But then, She was never one for plans. She works alone and makes it up as she goes. And she hated it. The lone wolf dies while the pack survives, And without a pack, Joti had been dying for years. As much as she hated the idea that this "Mirrorman" had all her secrets, If he was even a man, or humanoid for that matter, He'd given her a purpose and another shot at life. A "Cin'Vhetin" as her people called it. "Fresh Snow", A clean slate. And now? Now she had a pack in the same boat as her. But how long would it last.

Moonfish seemed clever. More clever than she'd like to admit or be on the wrong side of, But he seemed riddled with doubt, Like he'd over thought something and was convinced they'd all die. Maybe it was self doubt, Maybe it was just the odds, Either way, Joti had seen this before and wasn't keen on seeing it kark up her first job on the team.

Then there was Tek... She'd never met a Nautolan, But if the rumors were true, And they could taste her emotions in the air, Than he was already invading her privacy more than anyone aside from the Mirrorman had in years, And she didn't like that at all. Even worse, He had the smug careless attitude of those fething Jedi, Which annoyed her to think about. Not that he was one of them, I mean look at him! His spear blaster was a good choice though...

"Kark it! I say we do it. What do we have to lose? Some time in a cell? Our lives? What lives?"
She gestures dramatically around the room.

"If what Mirror Face said is true about you Aruetii, Than not a single person in this room is living a life worth it to themselves.
Life's about taking risks to make things better, And I ain't about to shy away from Lady Kyr'am and go back to the way things were. And if we fail? Either we go back to drifting from planet to planet, Cantina to cantina, Bounty to bounty, Or suddenly it ain't our problem anymore!"

Maybe it was more for her own courage than the others, But she genuinely hoped to fill them with the same determination. Or give them the incentive to come and watch her shebs at the very least.

"So... I'm going to go take that YT-1300 out there," She points sternly at the door.
"I'm gonna fly myself to that Station, And I'm going to Make something of myself. If you two wanna back out now, Than I'll drop you off at the nearest way station. OR- We can fly that thing out there Together, And we can All make something ourselves. We can be Rich, Famous, Bask in Glory, Or just be content with having purpose again. We can do something that Matters."

"Fishy, You've been sitting there racking up debt and boose. And now? Now you could be living the fast lane. You could be "Moonfish: The great crystal thief of Alpinn!", And you, Tek. I don't know what the kriffing hell your deal is, But you could stop being "Tek the quirky tentacle head guy" And start being "Tek: The Adventuring Rogue". And I can finally be... Anyone else..."

She takes one last drag on her cig before shaking it out and dropping it, Smothering it between the durasteel floor and her boot before walking towards the door, Back turned to the others.

"So if you're with me... Than let's get this show on the road. We've all three waited for this, For too long."
She says in a determined tone, Reaching for the helmet at her side and sliding it over her head where it belongs, Turning to face them with resolved and cold stare of the iconic T-Visor, Content with this new path she has taken. This was a new chapter in her story. She just hoped she wasn't the only member of the main cast.

Jashin agreed on Meerto. However he gave a much more detailed explanation on why. And furthered on the reason's why the strained marriage might not be as strong of a lead since they didn't know how so. As well as the question of exactly how valuable the man was. Reputation sometimes might matter to a group FAR more than a single life. As well as putting down the idea of slicing any droids, that one was a loose idea at best in the first place.

On top of the existing Meerto plan, Jashin said he could make identicards, papers, and codes, resolving a host of issues assuming he could do it well enough. So, get Meerto to call ahead saying he can't make it but will be sending a stand-in for him. He also commented on the lockdown issue, should they actually be caught.

Joti took another puff and soon after Tek sensed the change again, interesting. Was it just the habit of using it, the feeling of something familiar calming her down. Or, perhaps somewhat more likely, was it partially whatever was in the cigarette itself. It did have a peculiar sense to it. Made him curious on how she got into the habit of it. Tek had never personally used anything of the sort, though to be fair he also lived most of his life underwater. He wondered if there was lasting effects, or risks, involved in it. It seemed to help her calm down. He'd have to remember that.

"Looking good so far, this is gonna be interesting for sure."

He listened as Joti began to speak again, it definitely had some slang that he didn't understands, but it was clear what the main thing she was saying was. And he couldn't agree more. Tek wasn't an unhappy person, but he was hardly living the life he wanted. And now here was the chance and he'd been planning on taking it. Seeing the enthusiasm in Joti might not have been necessary, but it still somehow made him even more exciting on the things they were heading into. He had to chuckle a bit at "Tek the quirky tentacle guy." given to him, they had these long strands of dead things, at least that's what he heard hair was, where tendrils should be.

He couldn't miss something in there,
"And I can finally be... Anyone else..."
. She definitely didn't like where she was. She had suffered a lot on the way and now it seemed this was a restart. It was that for both of the others it seemed. He watched her put on her helmet him smiling as she did.

"Well then let's go! Time for a true adventure." he said cheerfully, a twinkle in those large black eyes, "This is going to be fantastic."

Tek was ready to follow Joti wherever her ship was at. True adventure. Yes it is going to be. Finally. Not mere brawls and hunts. This was what he was after.

Jashin listened to the speech, watching the Mandalorian as she passionately - and convincingly, if he was being honest - tried to convince herself and her compatriots of their ability to pull this mad scheme off. For his part, he took her in, evaluating her once more. She seemed...calmer. That anger had faded away to be replaced by shame or sorrow. He couldn't tell which. But she was nervous - that near neurotic puffing on her cigarette being all the indicator he needed to determine that.

She didn't trust them yet; moreover, she didn't trust their abilities yet. That was fair. This was their first job together.

"1,240 to 1. Those are the odds; a total moonshot." Said Jashin, laughing. "But what the hell; better odds than most anyone else." Shaking his head, Jashin didn't get up from his seat, instead taking out a small ear-com. "Go ahead and go down to the ship. I'll join you shortly. I...need to tell someone that I've decided to take the job."

Truer words Jashin hadn't spoken; and even Tek would be able to sense his honesty. Jashin, it seemed, had his own set of private issues.

Tek Tek Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

dFJuflZ.png

Joti was satisfied with the reactions she heard behind her as she marched out of the room, Leaning forward against the rail and staring at the Hanger Bay through the clear lift. >"She's called "The Mynock". Not much of a name, Maybe not much of a ship in truth, But I love 'er all the same. She's a heavily modified YT-1300, With room from a crew of five, And a hidden smuggling hold.
She has two AG-26 quad cannons, three ST2 concussion missile tubes with twenty five missiles each, and four ground buzzers. Her hyperdive is rated at one point four. She ain't a fighter, But she's tough enough to do her job and civilian enough to do it under the authority's nose... If we leave now, We'll be there in about three hours."<

>"Tek, Why don't you and me get her ready while Fishy here calls home?"<
There is audible static as her chuckling crackles through the vocal enhancer of her helmet. Things were starting to look up, And Moonfish wasn't dragging it back down like before. Which was an ironic thought, Given that Joti had been the depressive angry one not long before that. But Joti was shaping up to be quite the optimist these days, And it wasn't entirely an axt either. She suddenly had a shot at getting her whole world back, And that was worth fighting for. Dying for, if necessary.
Question was, Could her new team handle that journey as well? They seemed like good people so far, Not the murderous thugs she usually kept company with, Which was a welcome change. That meant she could afford to let herself trust them. A little. For now...

And come to think of it, The Mirrorman wouldn't have brought them here if they weren't at least as capable as Joti herself, Right?
She was no Ori'ramikad, A supercommando, But she'd like to think she's acquired a particular set of skills. She wouldn't have survived all this time otherwise. Maybe these two were on a similar level.
There was one thought that she couldn't shake however. Who was the fourth? Could they have made this easier? Will the Mirrorman find another...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom