Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Moonlight Stories

Aaric Ward

A
Dathomir
Snow had blanketed much of Dathomir, forcing many of the inhabitants of the Witch filled land to stay indoors and seek the company of warmth. However there was for sure one individual that sought the comfort of the cold and dark. The exiled prince had remained here on Dathomir for several days already. He had come and gone before, this place was well enough to keep him intrigued. There was a particular individual whom attention had been diverted her way, the Nightwitch, Vanya Aklin Vanya Aklin

She was an intense and beautiful individual the more that he had come to know her. While for all intents and purposes she had become a fast friend.

Aaric stared intently at the fire, as his hand holding the stone braced against the small dagger that was used as his primary weapon, both of them to be exact. A lightsaber was clipped to his belt, but that was for a last resort. Forever and always looking to attack from the shadows, rarely did he attack open and in the daylight, unless absolutely necessary. The fire reflecting in his eyes as he thought back home. He knew they were okay, but were they truly okay. Aaric was exiled from his home years ago, in the light of his entry into adulthood. He was very popular with the people and was considered to be the great king to come, however this all went away during the Day of Rebellion, twelve days had followed of fighting and innocent lives lost. Aaric did what was necessary at the time to protect his people and his kingdom. Accepting exile at the return of his followers and civilians safety.

His brother was not like him, ruthless, dark and evil. However he knew what could potentially happen should he commit genocide, so he had not choice but to adhere to Aaric's terms. If he wanted to the kingdom so badly he would have to play along. Otherwise he would be ruling over a massive grave, with no songs to be sung.

The forming of a smile crept along the corner of his mouth as he noted small patterns began in the fire, symbols and shapes.

His smirk came to full as he finished with his dagger and placed it back in its sheathe and he readied the other one and began to work on it.

"That's a wonderful talent you have, Nightmother."

It truly was.

A M U S E D
B7QUFZZ.jpg

Tag: Aaric Ward
Wearing: xXx

Fingers have moved intricately as the Nightmother approaches the wayward male. Having felt the wandering presence on the outskirts of Dathomir, she knew whom it would be and was unconcerned. Aaric Ward.

The two had met during her travels, when she had been without a home, a vagabond that moved between places, planets, and people before finally finding her way back to Dathomir once more. And he seemed to have followed. Perhaps not her specifically, but it seemed their paths continued to cross. A curious thing indeed.

So as the woman approached him, her demeanour calm and quiet, the patterns in the flames became more prominent and intricate, until they were leaping forth in a wild and beautiful display. "Indeed it is." Her words had come from painted lips curled into a faint smile, confident, perhaps even arrogant.

Her steps had been equally sure despite the height of her heels and the uneven terrain. Vanya approached from behind him, knowing that he would make no move against her, not when it could be argued that they were friends. "Perhaps someday I will show you." It was certainly a possibility. Vanya was a woman with a lifetime of knowledge and experiences, and she was willing to share when something was given in exchange, as was the case with Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic and her loyalty. Once a pupil, the younger woman was now treated as a daughter.

"I thought I had told you to stop creeping through the shadows. It is unbecoming of a prince."

Last edited:

Aaric Ward

A
Her response was subtle and incredibly sweet. Powerful too, she held a silent fury about her. Almost as if something was eager to escape and run free like the wolves and other night time creature that were in this forest. He glanced back up to the fire for a bit as he continued on with his other dagger, sharpening it expertly until he was finished and cleaned the weapon and placed it back in its sheathe near the small of his back. The prince placed the stone back in his leather knapsack.

He leaned back against the tree that he was up against and withdrew the small canteen of water and took a small drink thus taking a deep breath. His eyes fixated on the fire once more, almost as if it was trying to tell him something. Yet among the flicker of red and blue flame he could see the capital on fire, he could see everything that had happened.

Tragedy....

He held his hand up holding the canteen offering Vanya Aklin Vanya Aklin some water should she desire.

"I thought I had told you to stop creeping through the shadows. It is unbecoming of a prince."

"The shadows are comforting, I'm sure you can say the same." Aaric smirked as he glanced towards her. "What are you doing out so late?" The prince inquired before looking back to the fire. He noted her choice of clothing and he spoke again. "The cold doesn't bother you?"

A M U S E D
B7QUFZZ.jpg

Tag: Aaric Ward
Wearing: xXx

"The cold does not bother me." Her words echoed his as she came to stand at his side, turning down the offer of water with a simple wave of her hand. No offence had been intended; he would know that. But this was her home, and there were comforts waiting for her—and for him, if he would stop hiding. Obsidian hues followed his, gazing into the flames now that she had stopped manipulating them.

The flickering flames moved wildly in the breeze, this way and that way, searching for something to stoke them. Like Aaric, Vanya saw life in them—another time, another world. Visions of the past: trauma, destruction, gifts given to her by the goddess. Vanya had not explained it in great detail to the man; he had only been told that she was different, not a typical woman or a typical Nightsister.

"Shadows can be comforting. They can also be consuming if you are not careful. As for me, I'm out because there is beauty in the night if one knows where to look." As the visions in the flames faded, her tattooed arms rose to cross over her chest, her eyes closing. "Why are you here Aaric? On Dathomir."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom