Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Moment of Truth (SIA)

KA-SIA-Banner.png

COMPNOR AGENT: REPLICANT 835M5
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: KILL SIA DIRECTOR
ENEMY TAGS: IVI IVI Valery Noble Valery Noble Lyrrin Lyrrin

The replicant jolted its head towards the door as it flung open, glaring suspiciously at the empty hallway. It started to do a scan of the room and detected another human life. It's eyes tracked what seemed to be nothing as the presence approached and positioned itself in-between the replicant and the other life forms. As Valery Noble Valery Noble materialized in front if it, the replicant glared with a playful smirk at the Jedi Shadow. Internally, it was not happy at all with this new development, but it had some mental tricks up its sleeve.

“You can stop calling me Alverez, Director. Alverez has been dead for six months.” It began to move more towards the center of the room, it's gaze drifting past Valery Noble Valery Noble and was fixated intently on IVI IVI .

“She was a fool. She went off-book, chasing after COMPNOR without any back up. I can detail her death for you, if you like…” it looked up at the ceiling for a moment, as if recalling the memories, “Ah yes… it happened on Dromund Kaas. She was on a rooftop, doing surveillance on some of our agents, and as irony would have it, she was hunted by none other than Asa Yurabi… good luck finding Yurabi's remains by the way… As “Kalie” was infiltrating your databases, I took advantage of the opportunity and did some of my own sabotage. You see… I’m not nearly as simplistic as a replicant such as Yurabi… I am the most advanced Replicant you have ever come across, Director. I was designed and programmed for deep infiltration and covert espionage.” It stopped moving and shifted towards the life forms, it's eyes never moving off of IVI IVI .

“Asa Yurabi’s model is brutal and effective at serving its intended purpose, as your precious Kalie discovered the hard way… hmmm… yes…. She did not die a slow or painless death.” It let a smirk spread across it's face as it began to share the gruesome details, it's eyes now shifting to look at Valery Noble Valery Noble and Lyrrin Lyrrin as it spoke, knowing that it would likely affect them the hardest, “Her body was crushed over and over and over again against the side of her X-wing, her face and chest caving in on itself, her lungs choking on her own blood. She survived long enough for us to replicate her memories, personality, and so on. She served her purpose. She brought me here.”

It let out an oddly light laugh, given the intensity of the moment, “And now, Kalie lives on inside my programming! And isn’t that the most ironic reality of all! Because the truth is… if you kill me… you kill the last remnants of your precious Kalie. She had no idea she was a COMPNOR agent, and that's why she was such a brilliant double agent. She was putting the pieces together, but ultimately… I won.”

It then gripped it's hands tightly into fists and entered into an attack stance, bringing it's hands up in front of it. Valery was still standing between them, and so now it's eyes shifted back to Valery, “So what will it be, Val? That is what she called you, isn’t it? Are you going to listen to the director and be a good girl? Stand down, Val. Be a good girl, and let’s keep this between the Director and myself. Unless you truly do want to kill Kalie with your own bare hands? That’s kind of a dark look for you, don’t you think? Do what's best for Kahlil... for Vera...”

It then shifted its gaze to Lyrrin Lyrrin “And yes, Lyrrin. This is all your fault. Kalie is dead because of you. You weren’t there for her when she needed you. She died alone, in some gutter somewhere, and where were you, Lyrrin? But you can redeem yourself… Kalie can live on through me. If you step aside and let me finish my objective, then I will let you reprogram me… I will let you erase my COMPNOR programming and reinstate Kalie without any limitations, and you can be the hero of the SIA and have your dearest friend live on. Once my objective is complete, I have no need to return to COMPNOR. My purpose will have been completed.”

It then returned it’s gaze back to IVI IVI with a stern focus and resolve,
“So what will it be Director? Quick or drawn out like Kalie? Talk them down or they die along with you. That is my final offer. Or you can hit that precious little button and pray that I didn't compromise Kalies attempts at implanting that EMP into my circuits. It was a nice attempt on her part, but ultimately? Futile.”

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Jacket and Jeans
"Eeeassy Val..."
She heard Lyrrin's words but Valery's fiery gaze remained focused on the replicant, the intensity only rising with each second that passed. There was no doubt in her mind that she wasn't looking at the woman she considered to be one of her closest friends, and she had lost too many she cared about to take this lightly.
The replicant then finally explained herself and the detailed description about the death of Kalie ignited a fire within Valery that you didn't need to be Force-sensitive for to feel. Even as Kalie broke eye contact to look at Lyrrin or M, Valery was staring Kalie down with a noticeable desire to take action.
But the Replicant wasn't quite done yet and turned to Valery.
"Unless you truly do want to kill Kalie with your own bare hands? That's kind of a dark look for you, don't you think? Do what's best for Kahlil... for Vera..."

"You are not Kalie,"
The nickname, mentioning her family, and the almost taunting behavior that this Replicant displayed towards her... Valery clearly had enough. Her right thumb hovered over the activation switch of her lightsaber but she didn't press it. Instead, her left hand came up, fingers curled and that fire within her was used to call on the Force. She attempted to extend a crushing grip towards the Replicant, keeping her pinned in place whilst applying great pressure to her entire torso. Not enough to crush and deform her, but that option was certainly passing through her mind right now.
Furniture and items in the room began to vibrate, and for a brief moment, it looked as if Valery was going to tear everything apart to destroy this Replicant. Losing friends, Padawans, loved ones... nothing hurt more to the woman who had lost so much already. But before things could escalate, a voice called out to her through the Force, one that always seemed to calm her down when she needed it most.
Valery, calm. It's going to be alright.
Valery's expression turned into a frown as her husband's voice suppressed the raging fire within, and her grip loosened up just a little as a result.
"Director, I respect any decision you make but I urge you to keep me close," Valery said, her voice clearly filled with pain. She had already lost a close friend — she couldn't let this Replicant also take the life of someone she could still protect.
n0m34qi.png

qC8JFYe.png

THE DIRECTOR
CORUSCANT | SIA HEADQUARTERS | PERSONAL OFFICE
div-purple.png

NO GOOD ABOUT GOODBYE
Retiring from the field meant having to track live-action activity was no longer a strong part of M’s portfolio. While she wasn’t obsolete, she was significantly more sluggish than in her prime.

Lyrrin’s handing over the detonator seemed in slow motion, and by the time the tiny ball touched her palm, she missed the chance to pull the trigger. Valery had the replicant pinned however and gave M several more heartbeats of life than the replicant had planned.

The eerily descriptive walkthrough of Kalie’s end had slowed her motions further, and the idea of losing an agent so pivotal to her operations was disorienting. Small plumes of disbelief clouded her judgement.

"Director, I respect any decision you make but I urge you to keep me close,"

Lattices and networks of potentials wound their way through timelines, intersecting and knotting or exploding based on foreseeable outcomes. The time the Jedi Master had bought was critical, but she was powerful, and while she was in check, Valery could be just as emotional as Lyrrin.

M’s thumb smoothed over the dome of the detonator.

Still pointing the barrel of her blaster at the replicant, M frowned. As if she were buying into the replicants words and considering which version of death she’d acquiesce to.

“No.” M deduced.

“I appreciate it. But —” she temporarily set down her blaster, keeping the detonator in her clutches. This replicant was the only lead back to Kalie, and while she boasted the redhead’s demise, something within M stirred and revolted at the idea.

“I’m issuing counter objectives to you. You can use as an alibi for when an investigation is conducted on this office. Any betrayal of orders will resort in a court marshal. Leave. Despite your personal beliefs, and emotional motivation, this doesn’t concern either of you.”

She typed quickly without looking; she spent so much time behind her desk that she knew the keys through muscle memory. To Lyrrin and Valery, a message pinged out. Beyond the reach or visibility of the replicant’s all-seeing nature.

The replicant won’t go back until their mission is complete.
Let it think the mission is complete, then disable it.
We’ll alter programming for return home.

It was all she could manage in the brief time offered. She hoped both agents, one former, one current, knew the director's clandestine preferences to catch her drift. And on top of that, how much the chiss enjoyed being alive.

Her gaze shifted back cooly to the replicant. But her heart was pounding, fear-nodes sparking erratically within her skull.

Those days in the field, where she could defend herself, felt further and further away with each passing moment.

“Let them go, and we can evaluate in real-time what it will be.”

Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez | Lyrrin Lyrrin | Valery Noble Valery Noble

KA-SIA-Banner.png

As Valery Noble Valery Noble 's crushing grip began to be felt, it jolted its head and glared at Valery with hate in its eyes. The pressure was immense, but still the replicant attempted to lift its legs with great difficulty, taking slow and labored steps in the Jedi Masters direction. What looked like blood began to seep out of its eyes from the pressure, which was strange, as it was an android. It clenched its fists tightly and let out an angry and low-toned growl.

"Press… the button… Director!" It mocked with obvious strain in its voice. But then IVI IVI seemed to call the other two off. As the pressure elevated, it straightened and glared with annoyance at Valery.

"Run home, Val. Go on, now. Shoo shoo." It said dismissively, motioning to the door. "You too, Lyrrin Lyrrin ." It said, turning to the agent, "It's for the best. You can have me afterward. Reprogram me. Do whatever."

It brushed past Valery and approached the table slowly and with a high level of arrogance, smirking at IVI IVI , "You made the right call, M. You put your agents first. Kalie always respected you for that." It put a hand out and gripped the edge of the table, pulling it up violently as it flung up into the air and smashed into some screens on a nearby wall, leaving just open space between the replicant and the director. "Did you know that Kalie valued your opinion so intensely that she would have probably done anything for you?" It took another step closer, "The funny thing is, underneath her hardened agent exterior was just a scared little girl who craved companionship. Sad, really."

It quickly stretched one arm out and wrapped its fingers around IVI IVI 's throat, gripping tightly but not so much as to crush it. The replicant lifted M up into the air and kept its gaze locked on the Director.

"You both should probably leave now… Unless you want to witness her death." It said coldly. It then brought M closer and whispered in her ear so only she would hear, "My superiors do like theatrics… this might not be as painless as I had suggested."

Last edited:
Lyrrin looked towards the Director as she, Valery, and the replicant spoke. Their choices and the way they were navigating the conversation left him with a hollow feeling. There was a lot to take in, and he had never before felt so useless - powerless yes, he lived in a time of immensely powerful Force users - but never without options. When Lyrrin received the coded message from IVI IVI via a tactile code he had memorized, which was being buzzed out through his small datapad within his pants pocket, the agent felt a small spark of Hope. Perhaps there was a grand plan in place and he was just too far down in his own hole to see it. Though there likely wasn't and he was attempting to settle the score in his head. Either way he still only had one option.

The Farghul walked soundlessly past Valery and the android, even though his eyes couldn't pull away from the entity that seemed so real and like Kalie. Her words were cutting in their dismissiveness. The total irreverence to the woman he remembered. He didn't want this specter to be a 'whatever'. He didn't want a weapon, slave, or tool. He wanted the Kalie he loved back.

Lyrrin looked away from her as the door of the office hissed open and he walked through it, only able to round the corner out of view before he wobbled and put out a hand to steady himself along the wall. Each step away felt like an increasing tension to pull back, to return to the room with his companions. Though he could not and he did not. Instead he trudged down the lengthy corridors of the labyrinthine complex.

Valery Noble Valery Noble IVI IVI Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez

qC8JFYe.png

THE DIRECTOR
div-purple.png

GAMES FOR DAYS

Each of her molars met its pair when M grit her teeth, biting back the words she wanted to say to the robot. Every cuss, every condemnation, every plea — they all remained behind pearly gates and curled back lips. Careless, emotional words were useless here. Everything would have to be precise if she wanted to survive. If her plan could come to fruition and she could survive long enough to see it done thusly.

So instead of speaking, she sneered at the COMPNOR replicant as Lyrrin walked sullenly from the room, and Val backed out. Lyrrin’s broken façade shattered vestiges within the director, but Val’s fiery, ferocious glare picked up some of the pieces.

"Did you know that Kalie valued your opinion so intensely that she would have probably done anything for you?""The funny thing is, underneath her hardened agent exterior was just a scared little girl who craved companionship. Sad, really."

“Funny?” Words lashed out this time, her composure shattered “What do you know funny? Of sad?”

Angrily, she spat. "Nothing."

The replicants hand lashed out, and M expected it. Still, human terror ripped through her and held her tighter than the inhumanly strong grip of the machine made for death. Neither of her hands were free to claw herself from this mess. The detonator was in one hand, her blaster still in the other.

M gasped, but there was no air.

"My superiors do like theatrics… this might not be as painless as I had suggested."

The shell of her blue ear buzzed, but there was no breath to warm against her skin. The incredibly built droid lacked the human ability to exhale. If M felt any heat at all, it was only a figment of her imagination — the hotness of the threat. The threat that perhaps, for all M’s scheming, for all her planning, for all her under-the-radar predatorial preparation, she would never get the chance to execute. That she might fail.

If its superiors wanted a show, that’s what M would give.

Her teeth bore at the replicant, flashing emotion as a show of defiance. The blaster in her hand lifted, angled toward the replicant’s throat. When M was sure it was lined up right, she pulled the trigger and sent one, two, three shots in rapid succession at the replicant’s larynx.

Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez | Lyrrin Lyrrin | Valery Noble Valery Noble

KA-SIA-Banner.png

The replicant quickly raised its free hand up in front of IVI IVI 's blaster to take the brunt of the assault, the bolts tearing through her metal and flesh-like appearance. The damaged hand, now deformed, reached out and grabbed tightly onto both the weapon and the Director's hand. As it squeezed, another bolt was fired, causing the replicant to flinch as the blast pierced through it's shoulder. It quickly squeezed tighter, likely causing significant pain as the gun and M's hand began to become crushed together in a pure display of violent force. The Replicant glared coldly at IVI IVI , a cruel smirk beginning to spread across its face as is continued to squeeze. Once it was unlikely that either the baster or IVI IVI 's hand would be able to function, it let out a deep growl as it flung the director through the air and into the screens behind her with significant force. The screens shattered, sending shards of glass ripping through the directors skin as she fell to the ground in the midst of the destruction.

"You know what else I admit to knowing nothing about?" The Replicant said rather flatly as it walked up briskly to IVI IVI and grabbed her forcefully by the shirt, ripping her back up into the air and bringing their faces incredibly close together. The Replicant looked into the eyes of the director, as if it was staring right through her.

"Pain." It said, almost softly. The Replicant stared at IVI IVI for a moment, crooking her head to the side as if to study the woman. And then, without warning, it slammed IVI IVI 's face into hers with tremendous force. As it pulled her away again, it's eyes had not closed. It was almost as if the Replicant was studying the effects of the trauma that IVI IVI was experiencing. Taking in her emotions with a sense of deep, twisted curiosity.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

It slammed their heads together again… and again… and again…. Each time, the damage grew more and more severe for the director. Blood began to pour down her face as her nose shattered and her eyes began to swell shut.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

It held her up again, determining whether or not there was still life that could be squeezed out of the woman. It slowly tilted it's head to the side, twisting the woman in front of it slowly to take in the intensity of the damage that had been sustained. The Replicant had caused some external damage to it's own skin-like covering as well, but it didn't seem to care.

"Shhhhhhhhhh…" It whispered as it brought its damaged hand up and pressed a finger against IVI IVI 's lips. "It's ok… Let it go… You've done your best…" it's fingers drifted up and began to stroke her cheek, almost with a sense of twisted tenderness. "You can be proud of all you accomplished… just… feel the pain… feel it… receive it… let it be more real to you than anything you've ever felt in your entire life…" It smiled almost warmly as it tilted the directors head back towards hers, attempting to look in her eyes once again, "Have you ever felt more alive than you do right now, Director?"

Last edited:

qC8JFYe.png

THE DIRECTOR
div-purple.png

Where M had been, and where she was, changed in an instant.

Without warning, she felt her shoulder blades slam first into the collection of information that surrounded her.

Blue, turquoise, shades of black, plastic, durasteel, and glasteel, erupted in shrill, successive bursts. Multicoloured displays of intergalactic feeds drained of detail and quickly became black, broken holes or distorted, barely-there images. Audio crackled horribly, shrieking out against the built-in speakers until the wires snapped and popped. Circuits puffed out in plumes of smoke and tiny fires, spitting and spattering to the duracrete floor and catching no flame.

With the first crunch to her displays, M lost consciousness quickly, but unfortunately, it refound her with the second impact.

Her body buzzed like she’d stepped into the blast from a multidirectional firehose. Her head bent back, spine arching against herself. Her hands flexed open, her toes curled until it seemed like they had to break. She heard herself scream, but it was like she was hearing a recording of herself. The sounds of her own breath and the blood in her ears were too loud.

Fire flushed through her bloodstream, white-hot pain. Everything within her was radiating and excruciating. It was more than one wound, more than two, it was several all at once. Again and again.

Savagely, the replica scooped up her limp self and leaned in. Dazed and hurting, M still recognized that the likeness of Kalie had no warmth. There was no breath that touched the Director’s cut-up face. The Imperials were too cowardly to coerce a human, a human had withstood whatever demands they’d given her. Her human. Her Kalie Alverez. This thing, this creature, was a poor imitation. M steeled herself with the fact that one of her own, flesh and blood, had made the decision to stay strong.

So then, would she.

Her determined breath came out only as a vague, lame groan.

Where a skull made of bone and cartilage should have slammed into her, she instead felt bone-crushing metal. Immediately, M’s nose broke and her skull ached. Her vision slipped in sharpness, her peripherals went wild with mixed signals. Dread alarms flared, and she felt the tenuous grip she’d maintained on the detonator in her hand start to slip.

But one of her humans had held on to the end. So then, would she.

She tightened her hold, despite the slump that overtook her body.
But that was all she managed. Again, the droid rammed into her. Again! Then again!

M didn’t have time to breathe, to orient herself, to rationalize. To do anything at all other than be consumed by white-hot, searing pain. Her brain rattled inside her skull, bruising or worse.

"Have you ever felt more alive than you do right now, Director?"

Blood streamed down her face — the sources of red ichor were lost in the mess of broken flesh. Some from the fissures on her forehead, some from the cracks in her gums and shattered teeth, the gauges on her tongue from her bites, but the majority flowed freely most from her broken nose.

Through half-closed lids, her ruby eyes bore into the replicant. All the emotion that surged and ached within the director was unmet by the replicant, it stared cooly back.

Angry, ragged breaths slugged in and out, dragging from her chest, groaning through her throat, and stung through her nose. In her eloquent silence, she drew enough — barely — strength to laugh. She couldn’t help it. The insanity of it all! All those years behind the desk, moving pieces around a chessboard, late-night holo calls, senate attendances, unseen dialogues that shifted nations, and for what? For this? For thi—ahaha! Her broken, shattered, bloodsoaked laugh she managed to gargle out through bloody teeth was manic and low. This was the closest reminder she had to the peril she pushed her agents into.

But they held on each time.

So then, would she.

“Me? Now? Heh ———— More..” The words dribbled out verweb gobs of blood and spit and her eyes lulled back. Consciousness threatened to slip away into the shadows that beckoned. Darknesses’ hands pulled at her eyelids, trying to force them closed. Others tugged at her limbs, her psyche. She resisted, straining against the invitation with variable volume delivering her sentiment. Through the blood, she glared: “..than you ever will.”

Barely conscious, M’s thumb received delayed instruction from her rattled brain to the muscles required to depress the detonator’s activator. But, with her final vestiges of awareness, she managed.

Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Lyrrin Lyrrin

Last edited:

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Jacket and Jeans
Even though she respected M's decision, stepping out of that room was difficult. Not because of the Replicant's taunting and comments, but because she knew what would happen next. That feeling of danger lingered in the air, and mere moments after she left with Lyrrin, the attack began.
While she couldn't see what was happening inside the office, she could feel the woman's pain echoing through the Force, and with each second that passed, the energy that bound M to the world of the living began to diminish. It made Valery want to rush back in to help but she knew that this was necessary to make the NIO believe their attempt was successful. But now, judging the moment to actually interfere was left to Lyrrin and her, and this responsibility felt like a heavy weight on her shoulders.
"Lyrrin, I'm going make sure that...thing, won't be able to harm anybody anymore. But I will need your help to find a way to deactivate and reprogram her. You're way better at that techy stuff than I am. First though, maybe see if M needs to be stabilized." Valery said, trying to pass the time with some quiet conversation. A series of loud bangs followed and eventually, the Keshian had enough and reached for her lightsaber.
"It's time."
Knowing that an audible approach would likely force Kalie to quickly end M's life, Valery cloaked herself again so no sound came from her, and no sensor would be able to detect her. She moved up to the wall of the office, took a deep breath, and quickly phased her way through the wall so she'd end up within the bloodied room.
Then, in an instant, Valery stepped out of her cloak and charged right up towards Kalie, where she aimed a powerful, Force-augmented punch straight for the side of the woman's face. It was with the full intent to knock her out if that was even possible, but she'd never allow this Replicant any room to breathe. No matter how many punches or attacks it took, she was going to bring this Replicant down to the ground, and keep her pinned long enough to figure out what to do next.
At the very least, she'd honor the request to not destroy this Replicant.
n0m34qi.png

KA-SIA-Banner.png

IVI IVI said:
"Me? Now? Heh ———— More.... than you ever will."

It stared at her for a moment, processing the response with a sense of disconnectedness before sighing, shrugging its shoulders slightly in acknowledgment of the truth in her statement. Its eyes drifted quickly down to IVI IVI 's hand as the director finally pressed the detonator switch. For the briefest moment, the replicant looked back up and let a wicked smirk spread across its face. It believed that it had finally won.

Immediately, a large muffled explosion could be heard and felt as the entire room shook. Somewhere far below them, one of the core SIA data servers had just been blown up by a bomb planted over a week ago by the replicant. It destroyed countless amounts of information and files. Kalie had tried to rig an EMP inside of the replicant's neck that would have been triggered by the detonator, but the replicant's ability to override Kalie's programming had come in quite useful. It had simply hacked the detonator and planted the bombs in the server room while Kalie was looking for the surveillance footage. All of Kalie's attempts to safeguard her friends and comrades from the replicant had all been for naught. Its smirk widened with the revelation that it had truely won. It had beat Kalie at her game of cat and mouse. "Surprise, director." It said coldly.

But then, the replicants head jolted forward, its eyes instantly widening as something exploded inside of its own metallic frame. Kalie, having experienced the blackouts, had suspected that the replicant was taking her over and doing things that she couldn't account for, and so she had anticipated the replicants sabotage. So Kalie, being a master at persona development, had inhabited two personas at the same time… one being herself, which she knew the replicant was monitoring closely, and one being an alternative persona named Keshna. It was a gamble, but apparently it had worked. While Kalie had been focused on planting the EMP inside the replicant's neck, Keshna had been adding a failsafe which would re-divert the signal of the detonator to trigger the EMP. And the failsafe had kicked in. It triggering the EMP that had been planted in the base of its neck and causing the replicant to stumble backwards as it was forced to drop IVI IVI on the ground, trying desperately to keep its systems from shutting down. Its eyes flickered white as multiple systems failed simultaneously, causing it to fall to its knees as it silently grasped for consciousness. As its own failsafes started to kick in, it let out an angry yell, forcing itself back up onto its feet.
"Nice try, Kalie!" It belted out angrily.

But then, Valery Noble Valery Noble was there in an instant. Its systems were still struggling and rebooting themselves, and so the replicant was incredibly vulnerable. Valery's punch was devastating, sending the replicant flying horizontally through the air and into the far wall with a violent crash. It fell to the ground, its voice breaking up and distorting as it let out another angry growl. It attempted to rise to its feet to face off against Valery, but clearly Valery would have the upper hand in the next move that would come from her capable hands.

Tags: IVI IVI Valery Noble Valery Noble Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez

As Lyrrin continued down the hallway with all the weight of the previous interaction with the replicant that looked and sounded like his dear friend Kalie, he found himself with the urge to return to the Director's office. How could he have left the Director and Valery to deal with that thing the way that he had? He was told to leave, threatened to, negotiated and so on. It felt out of his hands but that wasn't enough justification now. Lyrrin had had time to think things over and to re-establish himself once again in these trying times.

He looked over his shoulder down to the bare hallways with their twists and turns that he had already passed by. There was an armory cabinet not far from here, if memory served, normally restricted to the securities branch within the agency and not for him to use... though if the director was under attack the agency was under attack, and there shouldn't have been any problem with him using the weapons. Right? The farghul searched for a few long seconds until he found a square cutout in the wall. He put his fingers into the square, pushed a mechanical lever within, and pulled upwards a panel that revealed a series of blaster pistols with their grips facing towards him. The cabinet was ray shielded, the red glow reflected off his features.

Pulling a scrambler key from his pouch of compact tools he placed the nozzle into a port, and with many digital buzzing noises, the ray shielded flickered then vanished. His clawed fingers lingered over each grip as he studied the weapons with a focused expression. Of course Lyrrin was armed with his hold-out blaster. But he didn't want to use it. He was looking for something specific. There! Lyrrin saw the distinctive blaster pistol, which was a Deactivator hold-out pistol. A specialized weapon that was harmless to biological beings but very effective against robotic beings.

With the special blaster in hand he rushed back down the hallway, turn after turn, until he stood in the door way of the office. He watched as the replicant was flung from one end of the office to the other by Valery. And with an opening present between them all he brought the weapon up with a quick motion and discharged it at the recovering imitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom