Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modified Shield Gauntlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
gauntlet_zps07066634.png

Pic Link Here

Intent: A personal shield for Brahlis Lydeck designed to protect against attacks.
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Brahlis Lydeck
Model: Shield Gauntlet v.2
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Durasteel Grade 9093-T7511
Bantha Hide Underlay
Classification: Multipurpose - Shield Only
.Anti-blaster
.Anti-lightsaber
Weight: 1 kg
Quality: 5
Special Features: Can absorb and even deflect energy weapons and shots
Description: A modified version of the Kilian Rangers Shield Gauntlet. The Original Shield Gauntlet was a small personal shield worn on the off-hand which could be used to absorb and even deflect energy weapons and shots. The gauntlet accomplished this by projecting a small energy shield, similar in function to that of a Gungan Personal Energy Shield. The shields diameter was less than a meter, and typically took on the appearance of a concave disk of clear energy, having no real color. In terms of modification most of it is simply aesthetics as the components have been transferred from an old Gauntlet into one that suits the wearers style. Much of the old technology has been upgraded to match current personal shields, and the gauntlet itself has been made from bantha hide with durasteel plates around the forearm, wrist and fingers. The knuckles are uncovered to allow for maximum maneuverability. The shields diameter remains the same at exactly 800 cm (0.8m) in circumference but certain components have been switched so that the shield radiates an indigo hue allowing the wearer to see the limits of the shield. The durasteel plating also allows the wearer to defend against strikes from melee weapons made of equal or less quality. The activating mechanism takes the form of a simple button located below the wrist, on the palm side.

Strengths:
.Shield can absorb energy weapons
.Shield can deflect energy shots
.Gauntlet can defend against melee weapons made of durasteel or less durable ores

Weaknesses:
.Shield cannot absorb or deflect weapons or shots of other natures i.e. ballistics, plasma
.Gauntlet cannot defend against energy based weapons
.If activating mechanism is damaged shield disengages and cannot be turned on until repaired

Sorry, let me clarify.
The gauntlet itself, not the shield it emits, is able to resist melee attacks from weapons made of equal or less materials yet it isn't resistant to energy, plasma, etc attacks.

The shield it emits is able to absorb and deflect energy based weapons (which i assume lightsabers also fall under) but cannot deflect ballistics, physical attacks etc. I simply assume plasma is a different from energy???

[member="Lydeck"]
Understood. Clear up the wording a bit.

I would like to see a dev thread for what you have here, as it's very interesting and new. 10 posts detailing study, design and construction from as many writers as you wish will be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom