Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Modified Grain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saudi-Arabia-commissions-132m-grain-facility-in-Al-Ahsa_strict_xxl.jpg

[SIZE=14.6667px]Image Credit:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] http://www.foodnavigator.com/var/plain_site/storage/images/publications/food-beverage-nutrition/foodnavigator.com/regions/middle-east/saudi-arabia-commissions-132m-grain-facility-in-al-ahsa/9055827-1-eng-GB/Saudi-Arabia-commissions-132m-grain-facility-in-Al-Ahsa_strict_xxl.jpg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Name:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Genetically Modified Grain (Morgain Industries)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Homeworld:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Pii; Host Planet[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Development Thread:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]As Needed[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Average Measurements:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Seed: 3-4 mm[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Full Grown Stalk: Between 1-3 meters, depending on genetic stock and growing conditions of host planet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Cultivation Requirements:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]This grain can be modified to grow in almost any environment. It cannot grow without atmosphere, however, and the farther away from a standard Type I atmosphere, the harder it is to grow. It will produce the hardiest grains in Type I atmospheres with nutrient rich soils.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Distinctions:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]This grain typically has a thicker stalk, and a wider head than standard grains cultivated naturally.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Strengths: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]With proper modifications, these grains can be sown and reaped on planets with almost any atmospheric type.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Iterations of this grain can be modified to produce more or resist environmental stresses better.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Weaknesses: [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]Due to the modification process, these grains drain a lands nutrients faster, requiring a carefully monitored rotation schedule.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=14.6667px]The less like a Type I atmosphere an environment is, the less effective the genetic modifications are.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]Average Growth Cycle:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Around 78 days from first shoot to full stalk, assuming Type I Atmosphere, nutrient rich soil, and an average of 12 hours of quality sunlight from a G type star. Variations from this could elongate the growth cycle to a maximum of 293 days roughly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Average Life:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Around 293 days if allowed to mature to death without reaping. After reaping, assuming proper storage techniques, this grain will remain viable for roughly 375 days.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Nutritional Value:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]The modifications to this grain allow a single stalk to feed the equivalent of a square yard of unaltered grain stock. It has a high level of fiber, and a surplus of vitamins, assuming a normal near-human diet requirement.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]History:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Morgain Industries has long been in the business of farming. From its very humble roots as a simple farm management cooperative, sowing, tilling, and reaping has been the cornerstone of their business. As science has developed, and Morgain Industries grew, they have expanded their portfolio to include modified crops. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]One of the first crops to be modified were grains. They contain a high number of natural nutrients, and are generally easy to grow with the proper training and equipment. To modify the grains, Morgain takes their base grain DNA, which is based on the crops from the planet Pii III, and splices it with a grain DNA sequence either collected or synthesized from samples taken on the host planet. The DNA sequences are then maturated and tested in an environmental dome programed to that world’s specifications. Sequence tweaks follow until they have an appropriate grain that will successfully grow on the host planet.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]To create a generic profile for Morgain Industries’ enhanced grain product line[/SIZE]

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Jaina Morgain"] [member="Zef Halo"]
Because of the contents of this submission I will be moving this to the Codex.

In order to clear up any confusion about the consumable template, I will explain why this belongs as a species submission and not as a consumable:

Grain would be a species of plant, genetically modified or not, and thus is a living, breathing, form of flora. It would become a consumable item when it is being submitted as something which uses the original species as an ingredient, or if it was an artificial substance like artificial flavoring or coloring dye. An example of when this would become consumable would be if you were to submit bread made from this grain.

Please update your submission to follow the Species Template located here.

[member="zeradias mant"]

I altered which planet the original genetic sample came from, the homeworld for Jaina and Morgain Industries hasn't been subbed yet. I included my company sub link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom