Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile-Version of Site Bug: Black background with copy/pasted text

Short Description: The mobile version of the site shows a black background with copy/pasted text.
Browser: Safari on iPhone 5S, iOS 8.1.3 (and earlier)
Severity: All profiles
Description: The mobile version of the site shows a black background with copy/pasted text. The condition of copy/pasted text is not 100% confirmed, but I notice the error shows up when text is assumed to be copy/pasted.
Screenshots: Screenshot of error
Link to Thread: Sample Thread

I don't think this is with your phone, I believe this is part of the way copy-pasting works on-site. When you do it the site tends to use the same HTML/BBC-Code that the page used. It's why if you were to copy-paste this very post you would also copy-paste the gray background that this site uses in posts and if you copy-paste from WookiePedia you get the lightgray-blue background and black text that they have there.

My solution when copying anything, and especially from Google Docs is to mark everything and use the eraser button in the upper left corner of the editor box. I do realize this is not possible on the mobile versions, but it is on a computer.

The simplest way to 'fix' it would be for people to copy-paste and then erase all the formatting in said post and carefully reconstruct the look of the thing they tried to copy-paste and even then it's still a question of "Will I do this because I must or because it's nice to people on mobile?"

So the short answer, from me, is: It's not on your end, it's the writer of said post that copy pasted the template and most likely carried the copy-pasted format of the template with it throughout the post.

Asemir Lor'kora said:
I don't run into the problem when viewing the full version.

Because on the full version you still get the dark-gray background format that the BBC-code copy-pasted ;)

Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages:
Balgruuf the Greater, a Nord warrior, is the Jarl of Whiterun in 4E 201, and a direct descendant of King Olaf One-Eye. An admirer of theGreybeards, Balgruuf made the pilgrimage to High Hrothgar in his youth.

Wookiepedia:
Luke Skywalker was a Force-sensitive Human male who helped defeat theGalactic Empire in the Galactic Civil War and helped found the New Republic, as well as the New Jedi Order.

Wikipedia:
Luke Skywalker is a fictional character appearing as the central protagonist of the original film trilogy and as a minor character prequel film trilogy of the Star Wars universe created by George Lucas.

Did you get the text-background on your phone or is it all 'regular', [member="Asemir Lor'kora"] ?

You're absolutely correct. I never noticed the color differences for Wookie because its copy pasted so rarely compared to someone copy pasting something from this site.

So, given that copy pasting carries over the background formatting code, I wonder if there is a setting within the forum settings that can disable the background format copying function?

After all, it's highly annoying to have to switch versions just to read a post.

[member="Asemir Lor'kora"]

I know that there is an option to make text paste as plain text but that's about it. To top it off it doesn't seem to work for me.

So on that end, I don't know. Sorry. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom