Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MMSW-40 Umbra IAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
sh6020.png

Image Credit: ACVD-Link
Intent: Smart HEAT ammunition type for our new autocannons.
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Ri'ess Regal Drives
Model: Mnenchei Monarchy Skunkworks Weapon 40 Umbra Intelligent Anti-Tank
Affiliation: Closed Market (SSB), Ri'ess Regal Drives weapons, The Confederacy of Independent Systems
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, Coppered Bronzium, Thermite, Propellant
Description: All the relevant information on HEAT rounds can be found here. The Umbra IAT is a low-guidance munition that can fit any cannon made to fire 46x304mm. rounds or purpose-built RRDI autocannons. Shortly after firing, a series of thin fins deploy back from the tail of the round. Tracking systems on the firing platform continually feed information to the warhead, allowing it to slightly adjust course throughout its flight time until it reaches the target. Though this has incredibly low maneuverability, it makes it effective over obstructions and on slow-moving enemy craft. The Umbra IAT is a caseless ammunition using an internal solid propellant in the back fixture for thrust. Optimal range varies based on firearm like a bullet, but can be expected to be in the ballpark of 2,500 to 3,750 meters. Lastly, common sense - a weapon shooting multitudes of the rounds won't be able to maintain independent guidance of them; they'll all follow the same path of guidance until that path is moved.
DClassification: Guided Shell
Width: 46mm.
Length: 304mm.
Weight: 700 g.
Ammunition Type: HEAT Slug

I would like to see some sort of a range/flight time on this baby since it does have its own thrusters, also I would like more details on the tracking system's such as how far... how good... a bit of how it decides what the target is.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Alli Wren said:
I would like to see some sort of a range/flight time on this baby
>>> Optimal range varies based on firearm like a bullet, but can be expected to be in the ballpark of 2,500 to 3,750 meters.
Alli Wren said:
I would like more details on the tracking system's such as how far... how good... a bit of how it decides what the target is.
>>> Tracking systems on the firing platform continually feed information to the warhead,
Again, another variable based on what's firing it, not the round itself.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Alli Wren"] - In truth, I forgot to remove "AA" when I doubled the size from 23mm (a known Soviet AA gun size, used to shoot Flak and Incendiary, also capable of attacking light tanks and armored vehicles), but it wouldn't matter. A HEAT shell is a HEAT shell. It's going to do the same thing on impact, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom