Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMS-0210 Starsaber Light Interceptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
9ESB0cE.jpg
hoGEmTz.jpg
Development Threads
Not Applicable

Manufacturer
Mnenchei Monarchy

Model
MMS-0210 Light Interceptor

Affiliation/Ship List
"The Catharsis" - Alachei Mnemenos - PC

Modularity
The main gun can be removed from its hardpoint mounts with minimal dry dock work, and replaced with other highly-modular weapons such as rocket pods, blaster cannons or a torpedo launcher. Weapons without pylon or hardpoint mounting are not modular with this vessel.

Production
Unique / Single-Production

Materials
Alusteel Shell over a Titanium Chassis and Carbo-Plastic Frame.

Description
Nicknamed the Starsaber, as it could literally function like a sword in the sky, the MMs-0210 was designed with the sole intent of being extremely maneuverable and cause potentially massive instantaneous damage from far away. However, its design and primary function leave it vulnerable to dogfights and close-range anti-air weaponry, as it lacks the weapons and defenses to retaliate effectively in proximity. The Starsaber can catch up to most freighters and fighters from beyond visual range and unleash its heavy beam cannon, progressively overloading shields and cutting through their hulls, or likewise cutting through infantry lines with relative ease. Like a sniper, it could also be used to effectively attack multiple targets with one shot provided they remain lined up with the beam. The downside to this method of attack is that the beam could be traced back to a specific point as it is a long continuous laser leading back to the source. There would also be a considerable "cooldown" period between each firing. The beam becomes harder to aim and keep stable the closer the target is to the fighter, making it statistically less effective overall against larger crafts than turbolasers unless the pilot keeps the beam on the same area of the target for the majority of its charge.

Role
Long-Range Intercept Starfighter

Dimensions
[...]

Powerplant
1 x Ion Reactor Engine
2 x Ion Reactor Dual-Exit Engines
2 x Hydrogen Cryo-Reactor Dual Lifters

Hyperdrive
Class 1.5

Minimal Crew
1 Pilot

Optimal Crew
1 Pilot

Armaments
1 x Composite-Beam Laser Cannon
1 x Autoblaster

Hangar
Not Applicable

Non-Combat Attachments
Triple Core Navicomputers
Class 2 Deflector Shields
Shift Shields
Relativistic Shields

Passenger Capacity
Not Applicable

Sublight Speed and Maneuverability
Class 1

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Work in Progress Tag added. While you're submission isn't complete yet, I'd prefer you edit the Composite Laser Beam out, as the canon instances we have of Composite Laser Beams are hand blasters, gunships, and the Death Star, and the Composite Laser Beam of the gunships, at least in my opinion, was more of an anti-infantry weapon. You'd be better served by a normal laser cannon. "Massive ranged damage" as you said in the description is not going to fly. Triple-redundant shields on an interceptor isn't going to fly either. Furthermore, if "Mnenchei Monarchy Skunkworks" is a user-created company it'll need to go through the company submission part of the factory before it can be used.

A couple of minor issues, but whenever you're ready for judging just @me and I'll get over here. Good luck filling everything out.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Deflector shields, also known as deflector screens, deflectors or simply shields, were translucent or transparent energy fields produced by deflector shield generators. These generators could be placed on planets, droids, starships, space stations and individual buildings. The primary purpose of the shield was to block or deflect projectiles and lasers from hitting the object under protection.

Shift shields were a type of starship shield that protected against physical objects such as meteoroids. If the shields were overridden, the incoming objects could break the hull, causing atmospheric loss.

Relativistic shielding was the term for a specific type of shielding installed on hyperspace-capable ships. They protected the ship from a time dilation effect.

They're all pretty standard on hyperspace capable vessels. Otherwise, you'd very likely FTL and kill yourself. :D The only shield-ey shield is, well... the Deflector Shield. XD

Jaxton Ravos

I assure you, if you'll look at nearly every ship on the board, they don't list shift and relativistic shields. We assume that basic things, like say, a sensor array, is on there and standard unless you specifically state otherwise in the description. If all you wish to have is standard shielding then edit to 'Standard Shielding', it's been put on more than a few good entries.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
So what you're saying is they're all standard and that it's basically the same thing as just writing "standard shielding"...
Edit: I like writing them out rather than writing "standard shielding," different strokes for different folks I s'pose.
Double Edit: I reaaaaally want to keep the composite-beam. I don't want pew pew pew, or kaboosh. I want shoop da whooooooooooop. It's just not the same effect. If I remove it, it kills the whole design. :/

Jaxton Ravos

I'd prefer them edited to standard shielding, just to avoid unnecessary confusion. As for the Composite-Beam, as I said before the only composite beams we have in canon are hand-guns, gun-ships, and Death Star(s). One is to small for an interceptor and the other two are too big for an interceptor. I can't budge on this.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
If there exists ones too big and too small, how is it in any way improbable to have one that's "medium" sized? I could understand if it was a destroyer weapon fit in a tiny package or some sort of tech not easily converted to a starfighter frame, but c'mon, it's not even new or varying tech. It's not even budging, because it's totally possible and it's not statistically unfair. Be real. :/
PS: "Standard Shielding" is subjective, as there really is no such thing. No two models are identical, at least in most cases, as that would eliminate the need to constantly develop newer models with updated tech.
Ya know what? It's not confusing. And if it's really that hard to wrap around. Wookiepedia. Boom. Not complicated at all. This whole process is starting to feel entirely more tedious than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom