Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MK II Rail Assist System(R.A.S)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=11pt]
ZvXXv5s.png
[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Intent: To Make a Primary Component for CSDF weapons[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Image Source: none[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Canon Link: N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Primary Source: N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]SPECIAL FEATURES[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Micro- Designed for PDW’s, SMG’s and handguns - Highest damage possible Average, Range increased by two, fire rate dropped to low(when RAS is on), Weight raised by one[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Minor- Designed for Assault Rifles, Carbines and Scatter-guns. - Highest damage possible High, range increased by one, Fire rate Very low 2 second charge time(When RAS is on), Weight Raised by 2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Major- Snipers, Special Munitions Weapons and LMGS - Highest damage possible Extreme, Fire rate single action only 7 second charge time, Weight raised by 3[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Strengths:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Allows vastly increased Range and Power for Slug type weapons.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Special ammunition such as Armor piercing, dum dum and none advanced ammunition can be used with the RAS as long as they are completely solid with no hollows or pressure activated effects.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Weaknesses:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]When RAS MK2 is active rapid fire can’t be used due to Railgun charge time, rate of fire dropped to very low.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]When RAS MK2 is active energy signature can be tracked with proper equipment.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Larger weapons with larger RAS’s require larger power cells [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]and require longer charge[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Advanced ammunitions's such as Explosive tipped, Anti personal rounds, or any round that has pressure activated effects or hollow in any way cant be used as they would be set off or ruined.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]System can't be altered once installed[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=11pt]Power cells have to be carried on top off ammo.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]A system that makes slug throwers part railgun allowing for shots that have greater range and damage potential. All CSDF Gun have RAS’s built into them and are activated when the gun is put into single fire, while also having a rapid/burst fire option where the RAS is not active and the weapon uses standard slugthrower firing mechanics. Because the RAS can be turned off Slugthrowers with them can still utilize slinkers.[/SIZE]

[member="Ayhia Katar"] As far as I can tell, Obsidian Polaris Systems only operations include ships and vehicles so I'm not sure how this component would be made by them. If Inquisition Industries were the primary manufacturer for this, I'd understand.

[member="Ayhia Katar"]' | [member="Elani Zambrano"]

Ayhia Katar said:
Allows vastly increased Range and Power for Slug type weapons.

Ayhia Katar said:
Requires moderate charge times and adds moderate range/power
  • If this is an add-on for weapons it should include the notation that this will automatically increase the ratings of the weapon it is attached to by either one or two stages depending on which of the above attachments it is being applied to. Furthermore it should be noted that regardless of the increase, no rating will exceed Extreme.
  • Additionally there should be some information regarding the charge times required for each of these power stages.

[member="Ayhia Katar"]

Ayhia Katar said:
Production: Minor CSDF, II and ORC weapons
  • This is going to need to be reduced to Limited. The strength of this equipment cannot be applied to a widespread group of characters due to the dramatic increase it provides.
Additionally you'll need to come up with more balancing weaknesses. The strengths vastly outweigh the weaknesses given that this submission is capable of increasing the ratings by four.

Jamie Pyne said:
[member="Ayhia Katar"]

• This is going to need to be reduced to Limited. The strength of this equipment cannot be applied to a widespread group of characters due to the dramatic increase it provides.
Additionally you'll need to come up with more balancing weaknesses. The strengths vastly outweigh the weaknesses given that this submission is capable of increasing the ratings by four.
Seems i had misunderstood your guys use of the word affiliation, this system is meant for ONLY the CSDF and Obsidian Polaris system people. This was not meant to be handed out to the entire ORC faction, But the last time i did one of these i was required to mention the major faction because of the unit being apart of the faction. Please note that this system would not be sold separately their are going to be apart of weapons also made specifically for the CSDF. also please note that i based the strengths and weakness of this system based on other MASS PRODUCED railgun on site all of which have either Rapid fire capability, no charge time or both. When this system is on it turns a slug thrower, which most likely has rapid fire, into a single fire weapon with charge times. Which can be felt more with some of the other weapons such as scattergun and LMGs. I do believe your over nerfing a simple system that has more draw back then strengths, as one of the strengths is simply referring to the micro, minor and major. the system cannot be adjusted by players or NPC's at all. the second on simply stats that solid type ammos that are specialized can still be used. The weakness all can be used against me(in a way i dislike mind you) as the power of the system can be tracked, the weapons are completely reliant on the charge time. I did make better mention of the ammo restrictions in the weaknesses and added min weight reqs on the systems. I also added the common sense weakness such as having to carry power cells on top of ammo

[member="Ayhia Katar"]

1. Jamie Pyne said:
    The factory will not base judgements on precedents or the approval of prior submissions.

2. Minor (Large groups of characters. (IE: Multiple factions, companies, or groups.)

3. This weapon dramatically adjusts the ratings on large weapons by four ratings. Turning something from Average range to the entire battlefield. It also increases a weapon from High to Extreme.

4. The weaknesses do not balance the strengths. Reduce the production and adjust your weaknesses, or dramatically reduce your production, or adjust the ratings scale more appropriately.
Ayhia Katar said:
Power cells have to be carried on top off ammo.
Ayhia Katar said:
System can't be altered once installed
Ayhia Katar said:
Advanced ammunitions's such as Explosive tipped, Anti personal rounds, or any round that has pressure activated effects or hollow in any way cant be used as they would be set off or ruined.
Ayhia Katar said:
Larger weapons with larger RAS’s require larger power cells and require longer charge
Your first weakness is fluff. Your second weakness is a design intention and accommodates based on variable sizes specifically made for variances in weapon sizes. Your third weakness is mostly fluff. Your fourth weakness is the first weakness reiterated, and the charge times are minuscule compared to the vastly overwhelming strength it provides.

Please make the requested edits or this will be denied.

[member="Ayhia Katar"]

Ayhia Katar said:
  • Increase power & range by one. Five second charge. Weakness should be increased weight and increased recoil by one stage each.

Ayhia Katar said:
  • Increase range by one, power by two. Ten second charge. Weakness should be an increased weight by one stage, and increased recoil by two stages.

Ayhia Katar said:
  • Increase range & power by two. Fifteen second charge. Weakness should be an increased weight by one stage, recoil by two stages, and reload speed decreased by one stage.
No rating of any weapon may drop below or above the minimum or maximum ratings.

That, with the weaknesses you have will get you limited. You may remove the weaknesses regarding power cells and alterations if you wish.

To achieve minor i had some ideas i want to run by you.

1. Damage caps, Basicly each one can only fit a certain "caliber" of slug
So example
Micro: highest damage a slug thrower can have would be low or lower, meaning the highest Micro could ever get is avarage.
Minor: would be avarage
Major: would be High
2. Removing range increase at higher levels: Basicly the lower the teir the better the range so
Micor: 2 range 1 damage
minor 1 Range 1 damage
major 0 range 2 damage
Most weapons with major are already going to have super long range anyways so that fixes the concern you had with Major.
3: Weight increases
Micro: 1
Minor: 2
Major 3

As for charge times i would want to make those a bit lower then the ones you suggested so i was wondering how we can accomplish that, More so on the lower version the major im fine with having a good sized charge time due to it being a 2 power increase. really just want micro and minor to allow weapons to double as DMR's. [member="Jamie Pyne"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom