Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MK-1 Fusion Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ability-dva1.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a mounted pseudo-scattergun
  • Image Source: Deviantart
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: IMF
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Production: Mass-produced
  • Material: Titanium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scattergun
  • Size: Mounted/Handheld (On droids)
  • Length: 83 centimeters
  • Weight: 8Kg
  • Ammunition Type: Fusion
  • Ammunition Capacity: 7500
  • Effective Range: 15 meters
  • Rate of Fire: Fully automatic
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Energy conversion - Converts gas into solid fusion through its heating and cooling chambers (when out of combat, produces 1000 fusion pellets per 2 minutes in optimal conditions)
    ​This is reduced to 200 pellets per minute in atmospheres with less gas and on-board spaceships.

[*]Rotating cannons - The weapon sort of reloads in the sense that its barrels retract once they have expended their chamber, collect pellets and then fire again.
  • ​Per chamber, 20 pellets would be fired before it would reload (with all of them being fired at once)

Strengths:
  • Suppressing fire - Provides a large ammunition capacity
  • Synthesizer - Able to produce its own ammunition when out of combat
Weaknesses:
  • Slowed movement - Due to the fact that the weapon can't be utilized without connecting to a central power source and the immense amount of constant power it requires, anything using it will be slowed while moving, or outright stopped on very weak models
  • Shotgun - Outside of 15 meters, the pellets are simply too spread apart to be dealing any significant damage.
  • Ion vulnerability - Due to the nature of design, with it only being able to be used on electronics such as droids, it will be completely shut down when attacked by Ion/EMP weaponry
DESCRIPTION

The MK-1 Fusion Cannon is a powerful, scattergun which possesses a large firing capacity, suitable for your day-to-day combat needs. What sets the MK-1 Fusion Cannon apart from its competitors in the market place is its requirement for a dedicated power source to operate at all; whether this be a huge reactor on a ship or a small solar battery on an armor suit, if it isn't plugged in it won't fire. Similarly, the nature of design and the difficulty it would require to use this unless it was mounted, it will slow systems of whatever it has been attached to, with priority being on movement systems.

The MK-1 Fusion Cannon uses Fusion as its ammunition and has chambers within the weapon to synthesize more but it must be out of a combat environment to do this. All power is diverted to the heating and cooling chambers and will effectively disable the droid for this period of time.

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Darth Mara"]

Nice idea, but there's a couple problems I see. I'll just start at the top and work my way down.

Darth Mara said:
Manufacturer: IMF
  • The linked company only does the following:
    Operations: Droids, Starships
  • And unfortunately, this is a weapon. You're going to have to find another manufacturer.

Darth Mara said:
Can be scaled up to fit on larger models
  • How does affect its effective range? Its power consumption?
  • What's the maximum size of the vehicle/starship this can be installed on?

Darth Mara said:
Production: Mass-Produced
  • A weapon with "theoretically" infinite ammo feels a bit too powerful to be mass-produced.
  • Drop this to Minor.

Darth Mara said:
Rotating cannons - The weapon sort of reloads in the sense that its barrels retract once they have expended their chamber, collect pellets of pure energy and then fire again.
  • How many pellets can they fire before they "expend their chamber" and have to retract to "reload"?
  • How do you imagine these "pure energy pellets" working?
    Give me a thorough explanation here, as this is currently the most problematic part of the sub.

Darth Mara said:
Armor shredding - Due to the intensity of the pellets, they are surprisingly effective against armor at close ranges.
  • Up to what armor quality are we talking here?

1. How is this weapon affected by EMP/Ion damage?

@mention me with edits or questions.

[member="Netherworld"]

Edits made;

Producer - Eriadu Manufacturing

Modularity - Can be used up to corvette class starships or smaller. Power consumption triples.

Production - Not changed as my wording was incorrect to begin with, so it should be all good now.

Special Features - "Pure energy pellets" similar to blaster bolts but can be synthesized internally.

Strengths and Weaknesses - Removed armor shredding as I plan on having this act more as a very weak scattergun rather than solely being able to remove targets. Weapon is extremely vulnerable to Ion/EMP weaponry, disabling it entirely.

Netherworld

[member="Darth Mara"]

Blasters work on the principle of a dual source of ammo:
  • the gas that is energized
  • the power cell that provides the energy
As I understand it, you want to make theoretically infinite "pellet bolts" with this, with the energy provided by an on-board power source.

Darth Mara said:
Special Features - "Pure energy pellets" similar to blaster bolts but can be synthesized on sight
  • How is it different from blasters?
  • Could you link me a canon example of such pure energy being used as weapon ammo?

Darth Mara said:
Ammunition Type: Dedicated power source to synthesize ammunition
  • This is not a type of ammunition.
  • Please list blaster, slug, or something of the sort.

Darth Mara said:
possesses a near infinite firing capability

Darth Mara said:
Ammunition Capacity: Infinite* - Requires a dedicated power source to operate and gas rich environment
  • You've kept these "infinite" references. Please remove them or alter them to reflect the changes in the sub.
  • The "gas rich environment" contradicts your above claim that this weapon operates differently from blasters.
    Please clarify how your weapon actually operates, and make this consistent across the submission.

Darth Mara said:
small solar battery on an armor suit

Darth Mara said:
Slowed movement - Due to the fact that the weapon can't be utilized without connecting to a central power source and the immense amount of constant power it requires, anything using it will be slowed while moving, or outright stopped on very weak models
  • This would be prohibitively power-hungry for armor-mounted use. The power sources able to be mounted on vehicles/starships are many orders of magnitude stronger than those used in armors.
  • Please note that the smallest thing the cannon can be mounted on is a vehicle.

Netherworld said:
1. How is this weapon affected by EMP/Ion damage?
  • Address this, please.

@mention me with edits and questions.

Darth Mara said:
Ammunition Capacity: 5000

Darth Mara said:
Suppressing fire - Provides a near infinite firing capacity
While 5000 rounds of ammunition is, indeed, a large amount, it isn't anywhere near infinite. Either the ammunition capacity needs to reflect the strength or vice-versa.

Darth Mara said:
Effective Range: 5 meters

Darth Mara said:
Shotgun - Outside of 20 meters, the pellets are simply too spread apart to be dealing any significant damage.
Your effective range is the maximum range your weapon can be fired at and still be practical/effective as a weapon; if your weapon is still effective at ranges over 5 meters, I suggest you change its effective range to mirror the range you've provided in your weakness.

Darth Mara said:
The MK-1 Fusion Cannon is a powerful, pseudo-scattergun which possesses a near infinite firing capability,
Please adjust your description to be more accurate with regards to the information presented in your submission. Near-infinite is not a catch-all term, and is not an accurate descriptor for a 5000 ammunition capacity.

Darth Mara said:
Weight: 4Kg
Does this include the power source?

[member="Irina Volkov"]

Darth Mara said:
  • Ammunition Capacity: 7500

Changed from "5000" to "7500" and from "Able to provide a near infinite firing capacity" to "Able to produce its own ammunition when out of combat"

Darth Mara said:
  • Effective Range: 15 meters

• Shotgun - Outside of 15 meters, the pellets are simply too spread apart to be dealing any significant damage.

Both changed to "15 meters" as their effective ranges

Darth Mara said:
DESCRIPTION

The MK-1 Fusion Cannon is a powerful, scattergun which possesses a large firing capacity, suitable for your day-to-day combat needs.
Changed from "A near infinite firing capacity" to "A large firing capacity"

Darth Mara said:
  • Weight: 8Kg
Changed from "4kg" to "8kg" to reflect this.

Sorry for the large amount of edits, I must have forgotten to edit them when it got removed from the archives

Also, added the following strength to reflect its main purpose

Darth Mara said:
[member="Irina Volkov"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom