Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misty Morning Training

Having spent a restless night in her quarters Celiana was ready to be busy doing something, anything. Thankfully she had a training session with her Master this morning. Leaning over to open her small dresser she pulled out a set of workout clothes and after stripping out of her sleepwear she pulled a formfitting black tank top over her head and down over her torso.

Pulling a pair of maroon workout pants on before slipping her modified robes over her head she fastened her combat belt around her waist and made sure both segments of her Echani battle staff sat secured in their respective holsters on either hip. Satisfied she grabbed a protein bar from her bag, slipped into her boots and walked out her door locking it after she'd left.

Making her way to the temple holosuites where she was to meet her Master Celiana hastily finished her breakfast and arrived at the holosuites waiting for her Master to make an appearance.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Train01_zpsbcf93e72.jpg
Voss Temple Holo

The wide doors to the holo would swish open for [member="Celiana"] . Revealing an ancient marble armory. Full of historical firearms, spears, and cutlasses. This classic space would then open out again into a wide balcony expanse before her. Polished wood floors in glorious geometric shapes adorned the ground. Jutting outwards over a tall stone cliff. With endless blue skies and the marvelous vista of an ancient Jedi planet far far out into the distance. Vast and green and beautiful. A sacred space to the most ancient of Jedi. Decorated with bronze vases, tall white statues, and thin red leaved trees of the most swirling shapes imaginable.

This was a holo projection of what it was like to train on Tython. The cradle of the Force.

A middle aged man with a short black beard sat in a rocking chair nearer the door. His presence in the Force marked him a Jedi Master and that he was very very much alive. Not just one of the many hardlight and holographic images that decorated the room. Oh no. His name was Grant Pherson and he was relaxing this morning by reading a good book. Just flipping through the pages in the summer shade of the palace. Tut tut. Adjusting his glasses just so. That he might see the fine print of the old book all the better.

PhersonSig_zpsfpgmky2r.png

"Ah. Morning Apprentice. ...Karen is just up ahead. Admiring the view. Enjoy."

He waved Celiana along with a brush and a wave. Just minding the door without ever leaving the text.

Out nearer the edge of the platform. Out from the shade of the armory and deeper into the sun. Past the training statues and down a few wooden steps. Out to were the long balcony gave away and drifted out into day. The endless view of home.

Karen stood there with her back to Celiana. Garbbed in her fuzzy black trench. Just, admiring the view.

Inclining her head slightly to the man Celiana continued walking out to the platform where Master Roberts stood serene as ever in what Celiana started to suspect was a trademark piece of clothing. Walking quietly over towards Master Roberts Celiana came to a stop behind her and to the right several meters. "Good morning Master, enjoying the view?"

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen let out a soft sigh. Mmm. And what a view it was.

"Good morning Apprentice."

She turned around and gave [member="Celiana"] a smile.

"Yes indeed. This view comforts me. I had it specially built just like this. So that future generations might also see Tython before the end."

She extended a hand and moved to leave the platform's edge. Guiding them back to the wooden square at the center of the holo environment.

"Very well then. The time now yours Apprentice. ...What shall we learn today, hm?"

A bit taken aback at the fact that her Master had asked her what they were to learn Celiana thought for a moment about her choices. History, Master Roberts's experiences, Force techniques, weapons training.... She had so many choices. For the first time in her life she could choose.

"Master if you don't mind, I'd like to learn more of The Force today. I haven't constructed my sabers yet either. Honestly I'd like to do both if at all possible."

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Sure."

Karen shrugged. They could totally do both.

"To start. Why don't you tell me what you know about the Force. Then, I'll fill in the blanks."

First, Philosophy. Second, Meditation. Third, Levitation. Then they could move on to Saber Construction. Hopefully, a very full first day.

[member="Celiana"]

Mulling the question over in her mind Celiana waited for several moments organizing her thoughts before speaking. "Well Master, what I know of The Force is that there are times it speaks to you. It can be healing or cause pain. It's like a coin. Two sides with different faces and different aspects but unable to be separated from either. Just another side of the coin. Dark and Light both are The Force."

"As for personal experiences, most of what I've learned of or from The Force has been instinctual. Making a barrier to protect dancing girls from abuse, making myself invisible, even working on ships. All of what I've learned from the Force has been instinctual so far."

"Does that answer your question Master?" Blushing slightly and hoping that at least some of what she'd said had been what her master was looking for Celiana felt embarrassed by her lack of knowledge. She couldn't help feeling like Master Roberts had more worthy candidates for a proper padawan...

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen nodded and pursed her lips. Okay. So [member="Celiana"] pretty much knew nothing about the Force. Alright. Square-one it is then.

"Very good. Let's move on to meditation then. I suspect that many of our lessons with synergize from each other at this point. No need to wait then. Let's dive in."

Action was better than book work. If Celiana was going to learn about the Force? Best to do so from inside it.

"Sit down with me and cross your legs. That's it. Now, back straight and chin up. Hands on your knees. ...Good. Now close your eyes and be still."

Karen did as Celiana did. Sitting down on the wooden mat and gathering herself to meditation.

"Now. Empty your mind. Count back from five. Letting all your thoughts disappear. Five. Four. Three. Two. One. Zero."

Roberts let out a deep sigh. Practicing stillness. Practicing mindfulness.

"Now reach out with your feelings. Feel, the Force. Flowing through you."

Slipping out of her boots and exposing her bare feet to the air Celiana went from where she'd been standing and sunk down to a seated position with her legs crossed.

Straightening her back as Master Roberts had instructed and keeping her chin up was a tad different because she was so used to slouching. It was more comfortable for her but it struck her as that might be part of the point putting herself in uncomfortable situations was the only way to learn she supposed. Laying her hands palm up and open atop either knee. She closed her eyes and started the Echani warrior breathing.

Breathing in, holding her breath for a five count, and then exhaling Celiana felt herself relaxing while simultaneously establishing a rhythm in herself.

The being still slightly bothered her. Celiana was more used to action but there was a beauty in the stillness. Opening herself to The Force fully she looked inwardly while absorbing herself in the currents and ripples of movement. In the air, her master's and her breathing and heartbeats, even the elderly man who'd directed her to the edge where her master had been standing.

The pages of his book turning and the clearing of his throat entered her mind and she let everything come into her mind. Focusing on all of them and none of them at once. Waiting for her Master's next instructions. She lost herself in the simple joy of being silent and doing nothing while taking in everything.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"The Force, Celiana. Can you feel it? Can you feel it's gentle currents. It surrounds us. Binds us. Moves through us. Away from us. Between us and inside us. ...Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter. The Force. Life creates it. Makes it grow. Let's it fill all of creation. ...This. Is your ally. This is the Force."

Karen opened her eyes. Watching Celiana grow.

"The Force is not your powers my Apprentice. This is Force is not your desires. It is not your motivations or the thoughts of your mind. The Force is not your fears nor your joys. Though it can be your friend. Can you hear it? Can you hear it calling to you?"

Karen leaned closer to Celiana. Letting the Force move through them.

"Can you hear it Celiana? ...Just let it in."

[member="Celiana"]

Tilting her head slightly to the side Celiana was struck by a moment of clarity. She was the blade and The Force was the hand wielding her. The Force moved through her and was magnified through her.

Opened fully to The Force, Celiana was keenly aware of her master moving closer to her. The next words out of her master's mouth were like a floodgate being opened.

"Can you hear it Celiana? ....Just let it in"

As soon as her master had asked if she could hear the call of The Force it was as if a floodgate opened. The Force itself spoke to her. "Celiana you have a light inside of you, don't let that fade you have the potential to help heal and defend many. Burn brightly Celiana and don't hide your potential."

Startled at the moment she'd just experienced Celiana waited for a moment before answering. "I was still, still and silent and I've heard the voice of The Force Master."

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"These are your first steps."

Karen smiled.

"...Into a wider world. Still your mind, and listen. Listen. ...The Force will be with you. Always."

Roberts closed her own eyes and delved deep into the Force.

"Follow me Apprentice. Reach out with your feelings. Link your mind with mine and your training shall begin."

[member="Celiana"]

Smiling as her master said "The Force will be with you, always" Celiana went back into the meditative state she'd started, eyes still closed. Envisioning climbing gear Celiana mentally hooked herself to her Master's climbing gear clipping everything together.

Joining her mind to her Master's she waited to take her next steps into a much bigger world.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Together the two women walked into the currents of the Force. Letting it lead their minds to the edge of the sea and beyond. Here. In the quiet spaces between worlds, Celiana would find everything she would ever need to learn more about the history, and the nature, of the Force.

~ "What you are experiencing now Celiana is called Jedi Meditation. Here, inside the currents of the Force, you can ask questions and receive answers of the Universe. A far greater teacher is the Force than any mere mortal Master. As such, it would be very wise to return here whenever you desire knowledge and to bring peace to your soul." ~

The vision of Karen gave a wave to their surroundings,

~ "But the Force has a will of it's own. One far removed from the small universe of mortal kind. Mysterious are it's paths and endless are it's resources. So do not be troubled when the Force gives you answers to strange questions. Or... When it gives you strange questions in the place of your answers. Hehe." ~

A hand waved in the light,

~ "Come. Let us return to our world. That time may have it's place again." ~

The visions that encompassed them about slowly faded back into day. Returning [member="Celiana"] back to the present and awakening her once again to her own self.

Karen was already standing and offering her a hand up,

"Welcome back Apprentice. Mm. How fairs your memory dear? ...Do you think you can grasp this meditation without my help from now on?"

Coming back to herself and opening her eyes Celiana saw her Master extending a hand to help her up to her feet. Grasping her Master's hand Celiana rose to her feet. "I believe I can remember how to do that for future reference. So if you don't mind my asking Master, what's next? I'm eager to learn."

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen smirked,

"Ha. I teach you how to touch the most powerful learning instrument in the entire Galaxy and you reply, What's next? Hehe. What a cheek you have my dear."

Roberts looked past [member="Celiana"] and smiled to Grant. The bearded fellow by the door just shrugged and waved. He thought it was pretty funny too. Kids these days. No appreciation.

"Alright then missy. Twenty laps around the mats. I want you sweating and tired for this next part."

Karen folded her arms over her chest. If Celiana wanted a workout? She'd get a workout. Ha.

"Sorry master, I'm trying to learn to curb my tongue. I do realize the magnitude of the meditation in The Force though."

Slipping into Mando'a for a moment Celiana muttered more to herself than anyone. Osik...
Resignedly starting into a slow jog Celiana started the first of her twenty laps.... I really hate running she thought to herself as she made her way around the mats completing her first lap. Only 19 more to go she thought....

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Uh huh."

Karen just smiled an all-knowing smile. Mmm. Apprentices. Always trying just a bit too hard.

"Keep going. Only nineteen more to go. Hehe."

Karen watched as [member="Celiana"] made her rounds. Grant closed his book and approached Karen. Nodding to the girl running the track,

"So? Latest Apprentice, I see."

"Yes. She wants to be a Jedi Sentinel one day."

"Ah. Well... Good for her."

He smiled and placed his book under his arm. Watching the girl do her exercise. Karen turned her head and shrugged,

"What about you? Think you'll stay for lunch?"

"Nahh. Terry and boys are already loading the boat. Figure I'll take off when they call me."

"Well. It was nice to have you around for the weekend. Are we still on for Friday?"

"Oh yeah. Seven o'clock. We're good."

"Okay. Great. I'll see you then love. *kiss* ...Ta ta."

"Okay. Love you too."

They kissed and Grant took his leave. Returning Karen to her student and the misty morning that still lay ahead.

"...Okay. That's enough busy-work Celiana. You can stop now dear. Hehe."

She was ready to move on.

Celiana had only made it through 8 of the 20 laps and she was being told to stop. Well Master Roberts was nothing if not to the point she thought. I'm also going to have to finish the other twelve laps sometime in the future. Osik she thought. She was tired though and was glad for the rest even if it was momentary.

Answering her Master as she came to a stop, "Yes master. Master who was that that just left? I noticed him on the way in to meet with you as well. He seemed very interested in his book."

Also if you don't mind another question what will we be working on now? Hopefully she could curb her tongue enough to learn something without earning herself more laps.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen seemed shocked that [member="Celiana"] hadn't sensed the connection? But, then again. Perhaps she wasn't yet attuned to the Force enough to discern their relationship. To most, it was obvious.

"Why, that was Grant dear. My husband."

Karen shook her head and began again. Time to move on.

"Anyway... It's time for you to grasp the skill of Levitation. So let's leave the physical training apart for a moment, shall we? I think it's time you learned something else from the spiritual world."

Karen motioned for Celiana to sit,

"Computer. Initiate Training Program 03."

~ "Initiating Training Program 03." ~

A basket full of softballs appeared nearer Karen's feet. Oh! Softballs? Dear me. That wasn't correct at all.

"Oh dear. It was supposed to be large stones. Blast... I'll never get the hang of programming for students. Ugh."

She waved the comment away and decided it was for the best,

"Alright. Now close your eyes Celiana and activate your Jedi Meditation. Reach out with your feelings until you can sense the room around you. And... When you're ready. I want you to reach out and attempt to pluck these softballs right out from their basket. One at a time."

Karen reached down with an outstretched hand and levitated the balls out from their bin. Taking a moment to watch them scatter through the air and then fall back into place perfectly.

"Take some time now dear. Be patient and listen to the Force. It will guide you as you seek to master this new technique. So be at peace and let your heart be your guide."

She nodded to the view and smiled,

"You may begin when ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom