Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission of Mercy (Incursion, by Invite Only)

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay looked over to [member="Lily Kuhn"] asshe stepped up beside her and spoke. She nodded her head. Doing anything rash wasn't going to be helpful at all. They didn't know where they were or what was the truth of their situation. They only knew what they were allowed to see, and some of what they weren't. Mercutio had done well to try to cover up things that he didn't want them to see, facts that he didn't want them to know. Speaking of facts, that was exactly what [member="Travis Caalgen"] was asking for. Whether or not his inquiry was going to be answered remained to be seen.

As they were ushered further inside, it was clear that there questions were falling on deaf ears. Mercuitio was steadfast on giving them a tour instead of giving them clear facts about the situation.

The scenes unfolding all around them were magnificant. At times it was dizzying, the kind of simulation that history educators would love to showcase to their students. Kay knew the story well. General Organa's mother, Senator Padmé Amidala once gave a rivetting anti-war speech at the University of Commenor. ~Warfare is the product of cowardice; it takes bravery to forego easy answers and find peaceful resolutions.~ That quote alone had helped drive Kay into building her Alliance the way that it was today. Commenor had no enemies, except for the Iron Knights and Lord Onyx.

Just as they were about to leave the latest room, the lights went out, bathing them all in darkness. Kay held herself perfectly still, not wanting to step into the unknown, picturing herself falling from a great height. Thankfully the emergency lights came on, giving their eyes some relief from the loss of such an important sense. However that relief was short lived.

A battle had taken place there. Kay recognized the metalic body of the Iron Knight, but it seemed to have been protecting the others? That was...very odd. Maybe it had been somehow reprogrammed, for from her experience, they didn't even protect themselves, let alone protect organics. Instead they prefered to destroy and...infect. The image of the Commenori Padawan being changed for the worse, as though she had become a member of a cult and had lost her identity, was fresh on Kay's mind. This scene was a different narrative entirely.

The looped message was also unusual. Stay away from the song? What song? Whatever it was, they couldn't go back, couldn't really stay put and did any of them even want to go forward?

"Mercutio...don't sugarcoat it please, but what exactly happened here? Who killed those people?"

[member="Lark"] [member="Kyle Raymus"] [member="Cacak Tarn"] [member="Dass Tallav"] [member="Ruby"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Alright, this is impressive. A scene that unfolded centuries ago, laid out before them in such an organized, theatrical manner. It was like a movie was projected around them, it was hard to imagine that each little pixelated soldier and pilot were fighting for what they believed was so great a cause, unaware that their sacrifices would be used for entertainment purposes ages later. If Lark wasn't still recovering from a blinding headache, he might have found it funny. But it was surreal that they were able to witness, in almost perfect detail, such a momentous event in the history of the galaxy. While there were a seemingly infinite amount of text on the subject, documentaries detailing what happened, normally one couldn't see with their own eyes what happened in the years before they lived. They were essentially gazing back in time.

And then reality struck, a fascinating dream turned into a familiar nightmare.

They were cradled in a blanket of darkness, and Lark instinctively reached to where his weapons would normally be, momentarily forgetting that they weren't on him. After a few moments of tense waiting the backup lights finally came on, and the room was covered in a red glow reminiscent of a Sith's lightsaber. The projection from earlier masked the grisly scene now in front of them, and the room was much smaller than he had originally believed. Innumerable blaster shots dotted the wall behind them, it looked as though some poor fools could have been executed by a trigger happy firing squad.

There were three bodies nearby, and Lark walked over to inspect them. The first looked as though it had been devoured from the inside, it's ribcage was visible underneath a gory soup of blood and tissue. Lark didn't even gag. "So much for no weapons allowed, hm?" Calm as glass, he kicked the corpse's blaster over to the rest of the group. Mercutio was a fool if he expected them not to use weapons. He patted down the blood-covered body next, mutilated beyond recognition. The man could have been a Jedi, but if he carried a lightsaber it was nowhere to be found. He dug out a spear from the body of a droid that was hunched over nearby them, as well as the other half that laid nearby. He threw them both down beside the blaster.

"Normally I'd take one of these for myself, but right now we find ourselves in special circumstances, where cooperation is required," he said to the rest of the group. "A blind man could see that something's not right here. We might need to arm ourselves, something slaughtered those guys and it's probably still here. I don't know what will happen the deeper we descend, and Mercutio here doesn't seem eager to share all that he knows. And I'm guessing that's a lot. We're on our own here." He said this all in a melodious voice. "I don't care whether or not we take the weapons, I'll leave it up to you guys. I can use all of them well, if you want me to have one. But I can also use the Force, so I can defend myself fine. I don't know what will happen if the Force is used or if we pick up a weapon, but we might be faced with a situation where having a means of defending ourselves will be necessary."

Lark stepped back from the group, continuing to study the scene, noticing the clawed robes of the possible Jedi. Two of the bodies look like they were mauled by some beast, but the way the spear was lodged in the droid could only have been done by something more humanoid. But the lower half was completely ripped apart, so it could be anything, really. He hummed along to the tune of the droid's final message, trying to make sense of everything that was happening.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ruby"] [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Cacak Tarn"] [member="Travis Caalgen"] [member="Kyle Raymus"] [member="Dass Tallav"]

Kyle looked up at his hands, dissapointed. There were flakes of something but he couldn't identify it, whatever it was. [member="Lark"] meanwhile approached the decimated bodies. Perhaps that's what this ship had in store for them too. Lark kicked the blaster towards Kyle. Kyle immediately picked it up and checked it out. It was an older e-11 model. Not quite his vintage intricately modified EE-3 but it would certainly do. An old but solid blaster. Great stopping power and perfect for combat in confined spaces, this was the perfect weapon for this situation. He approached Lark and looked at the bodies. Two of them weren't that interesting, but the third, was the body of an iron knight. He looked at the metal hulk and listened. It's message constantly looped, as though this was it's final warning to the next group aboard the ship. He looked at Lark and the rest of the group and asked them- "What do you think he means?"

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark listened to the scratching, stammering song of the fallen droid, on repeat like some broken record. Was it a warning for those still alive on the ship, or was this droid part of the plays and theatrics that went on here, and this was just what it was programmed to say before it was ripped to shreds? He continued to hum along, trying to find any sense of familiarity in the lyrics, but it wasn't any song he had ever heard before. And he heard a lot of childhood lullabies, growing up in an orphanage. "I'm not sure," he said in response to Kyle's inquiry. "It could be any number of things, although it seems to carry a foreboding sense of doom. Or maybe that's simply me projecting what I'm feeling."

"Regardless, it looks like some beast ripped these poor sops apart, and I'd like not to join them in their bloody fate. If there ever were any other survivors on board, they were likely slaughtered just like these ones here. Let's focus on getting out of here, shall we?"

[member="tsarwars"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Ruby"] [member="Cacak Tarn"] [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Dass Tallav"] [member="Kyle Raymus"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

OOC: Not letting this one die yet!

Kay-Larr

Kay watched and listened to [member="Lark"] and [member="Kyle"] Raymas while they spoke and gatheted weapons from the fallen. Of course they were smart to do so, but she wasn't sure if that would make them targets as well.

"What if.. what if those two died because they snuck in weapons? What if they were targeted by some...defensive program that this ship has for security? As much as I'd want to have something to protect myself with, I'm of half a mind not to." There were no other bodies around, so it was very difficult to say.

She chewed the inside of her cheek. Mercutio sure didn't like to answer her questions. Maybe he didn't hear or, or perhaps was programmed to pay women no mind when there were men around. Either way, it was quite rude. "We don't know what's up ahead, but the way back doesn't look very safe either. And we're clearly on the move somwhere. Maybe we're even in hyperspace going.. to anywhere really. If we can go further and find the cockpit, maybe we can set the ship on a proper course to take us home." There'd be many looking for her if she was gone for too long. She was the High Queen of a confederation of worlds, afterall.

[member="Ruby"] [member="tsarwars"] [member="Cacak Tarn"] [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Dass Tallav"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

Ruby (Incursion)

R
The hologram that was Mercutio vanished. The projector sputtered from a moment, and the sphere wobbled perilously in the air. It took several moments for it to stabilize, and when it did, the image it displayed was not the three dimensional body, but the briefly glimpsed two dimensional one.

Its features were identical to the 3D one, but contorted with pain. Its chest heaved, as though it was gasping for breath. Sweat beaded the blue-tinged face. If one didn't know better, they might think the projection was suffering from hypoxia.

"I...I can't hold it back for long," it wheezed. "It's too strong."

The image flickered uncertainly, and stabilized for a moment more.

"You have to reach the others. You're in more danger than you know. Pick up the weapons. I've disabled the failsafes, so the ship won't stop you using them, but I can't promise you won't be attacked. It's still on the loose. Be careful, friends, and whatever you do, don't trust the-"

Without warning, the hologram cut off, and the sphere dropped to the floor with a muted clang. When it rose again, the body it projected was once again three dimensional, once again serene.

"Sorry for the interruption, folks. It won't happen again."

Was there a hint of something dark in Mercutio's voice? Perhaps, or maybe they were just imagining it, projecting their worse fears onto their guide. Whatever the case, their guide didn't seem to notice the bodies, or the pilfered blaster.

"There's not long to go now, so let's get a move on. Tempus is fugiting right along, and the longer we stick around here, the longer it'll be til you get paid."

And with that, the hologram marched right out of the theater into the adjacent room. It appeared to be a foyer for the Observatory, part historical museum, part monument, and part gift shop. The lighting was dim, and the air had a faintly musty smell, like an old, damp basement taken with mold.

There were three doors leading from the room. The one they entered from had a sign over it that said Observatory. On the left, one labeled Funhouse, and on the right, Theater. Mercutio approached the one marked Funhouse.

"You guys coming or not?"

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Lark"] [member="tsarwars"] [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Cacak Tarn"] [member="Dass Tallav"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

Kay-Larr

It was Mercutio suddenly disappearing that had caught Kay's attention from the corner of her eye. In this scenario, she was a little bit jumpy, or at the very least, more aware of her surroundings.

Her brows furrowed as the hologram came back to life, but like the other one from before. And this time with another warning. [member="Lark"] and [member="Kyle Raymus"] were right to take the weapons it seemed. Though that hardly explained what happened to the victims laying in the corner.

Mercutio returned to normal then, though something was off about him. He seemed, almost satisfied with something. Like a killer that just 'silenced' a witness. He urged them further ahead, as though he had a fixed schedule. Kay glanced to the others before following, taking a look at the foyer. Three doors. At least there were signs above them so that they wouldn't get lost when they made their way back. But still, she found it strange as he stopped not at the theatre, but at the funhouse door. "Shouldn't we be going to the theatre? You said that the survivors were waiting for us on stage...." Maybe they could split up. That might be a good idea.

[member="Ruby"] [member="Lily Kuhn"] [member="Cacak Tarn"] [member="Dass Tallav"] [member="Travis Caalgen"]

Ruby said:
The hologram that was Mercutio vanished. The projector sputtered from a moment, and the sphere wobbled perilously in the air. It took several moments for it to stabilize, and when it did, the image it displayed was not the three dimensional body, but the briefly glimpsed two dimensional one.

Its features were identical to the 3D one, but contorted with pain. Its chest heaved, as though it was gasping for breath. Sweat beaded the blue-tinged face. If one didn't know better, they might think the projection was suffering from hypoxia.

"I...I can't hold it back for long," it wheezed. "It's too strong."

The image flickered uncertainly, and stabilized for a moment more.

"You have to reach the others. You're in more danger than you know. Pick up the weapons. I've disabled the failsafes, so the ship won't stop you using them, but I can't promise you won't be attacked. It's still on the loose. Be careful, friends, and whatever you do, don't trust the-"
Kyle looked at the sphere, blaster in hands as it dropped down to the ground with a horrible clang. Mercutio sounded desperate. This was weird. But at least they could blast stuff without penalties now, so that was something.

"Don't trust the song....." Kyle trailed off as he thought. "There it is again. Whatever this "song" is, we should keep away from it at all costs."
Kyle looked up again as the sphere rose again, displaying a 3D Mercutio, who returned to his suspicious, happy personality, as though he wasn't just gasping for breath and speaking as though it was his last time. A mere "Won't happen again" came out of his mouth.

Mercutio beckoned them towards a door labelled Funhouse. It was directly opposite of the room labelled Theatre. Nothing so far was fun about this ship. And they were supposed to be making their way to the main stage to rescue people. And here he was, talking about them getting paid faster and leading them into the wrong room at the same time. Kyle was really creeped out and pissed off now. He wasn't taking any more of this. Besides, the guide didn't seem to mind about the E-11 in his hands. This meant that pre-death Mercutio's actions were not yet undone. It also meant that they still had to find the others, who were supposed to be waiting on the main stage.

Kyle raised the blaster and pointed it at Mercutio's sphere. He was done playing games. Six blasts echoed around the ship as Kyle blasted the sphere.

[member="Ruby"] | [member="Dass Tallav"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Cacak Tarn"] | [member="Lark"] | [member="Travis Caalgen"] | [member="Lily Kuhn"]

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Once more, the projection of Mercutio changed, and again he was afflicted with a look of severe pain, like a man who was being tortured. Could this be the real Mercutio? It was nearly impossible to make any sense of the situation. The anguished man gave them more words of warning, saying that "it" was still on the ship, but he disabled the failsafes so they could utilize the looted weapons without worry. [member="Kyle Raymus"] picked up the blaster, and Lark knelt down and picked up the two pieces of the spear. If there was some beast running amok, he wanted something sharp. He hid them in his waistband behind his shirt, if any of the others wanted one all they had to do was ask.

And then the unhelpful Mercutio returned to them, seeming more annoyed and hurried than he had before. Red flags had gone up as soon as Lark awoke, but now sirens were blaring in his head. He listened to the observation made by [member="Lady Kay"] concerning the survivors, Mercutio was leading them away from where they were supposed to be. His concern for the survivors was nonexistent, but wherever that bastard led him he didn't want to follow.

Kyle shared his sentiments, apparently. A series of shots fired from the blaster, aimed directly at the sphere producing Mercutio's projection. And after that, quiet. "Hastily done, but perhaps a bit overdue," Lark said. But he couldn't suppress the slight feeling of disappointment. Despite his annoyances with their guide, Lark was having quite a bit of fun. He loved secrets, and wanted to know what was going on. "Come on then, let's find these survivors you lot care so much about. And let's be quick about it, there's still something hunting around in here."

[member="Ruby"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom