Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Misplaced Childhood [Ragnar]

The clunk of heavy footsteps overhead caused her to seize up in fear. Her lips, at this point, had begun to turn a shade of blue, her skin paler than usual as she lay in place, the cover pulled over her head so that she might hide as the light pooled down from above. Afraid of what was going to happen, when he grabbed her arm she began to scream again - although deep inside she knew that at this point they were long gone from civilization. The fact that he threw her into the cargo hold in the first place suggested that she was seen as little more than an item. Did he plan on selling her, as her mother had always warned her about some strangers doing? Iori had seen many slaves in her life, she didn't relish the thought of becoming one.

As she was dragged out of the hold the warm air practically burned. She whimpered as he pulled her through the ship and into the living quarters, her teeth still chattering as her body tried to adjust to the sudden polarity in heat. His grip was tight, metal digging into her flesh through the gloves. The girl still screamed, breathless at this point. Her lungs ached, and she lashed out at the man with her free hand. "L-Let me go" she rasped, voice hoarse from all the screaming. She wanted Regulus, but she couldn't even spot him or the satchel in the room around them.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

I say nothing as the girl kicks and scream as i push her closer to the sleeping quarters, her cries not being her to anyone but me, i notice the pale look to her as well as the purple on her lips, my mind race then a thought jumps in my mind, how could i forget there is no atmosphere or heaters in the cargo hold. i slap my self upon the forehead of my metal mask for almost losing the cargo and my pay to an idiotic mistake. i struggle to make any progress towards the sleeping quarters for the girl is drag one ankle in what seems to be fits of pain as well as being cold but i finally arrive to the door, opening it up and walking in with her in front of me. i sit her on the bed and finally let go of her as i take off my mask right before grabbing her ankle, to inspect it. i look at her and say dammit you've gone and hurt yourself. now i'm gonna have to fix you up

As he continues to drag her she limped along behind him, doing her best to pull back against his grip in desperation. She was cold, maimed and terrified at this point. "P-Please, Sir... Let me go" she begged as he pushed her into the sleeping chambers and set her on the bed. His concern was that his goods were damaged, quite clearly, as he immediately scolded her for having a twisted ankle. She didn't look at him, instead noticing the satchel which hung at his side. No doubt Regulus was kept within. "Reggie..?" came the delicate whisper of her voice as she reached toward his bag, hoping to snag the lion while the man was preoccupied with her wound.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

the girls words rang in my ears, like nails on a chalkboard, what was i doing to this child all for the sake of making money. i notice her hands reaching for my satchel on my side before i grab them holding both of her tiny wrists in my one hand. i look at her with a distrust behind my eyes. why would i distrust such a tiny thing you ask. if you had felt the force coursing thru the girl you would have to. i look at her while holding her wrists and demand she sit back so i can tend to her ankle and i tell her that her lion is no longer in my bag which was a bold faced lie. i take out the medical kit from under the bed and remove my glove, my metal hand now exposed.

the hand breaks open at the wrist revealing a needle and before the girl has time to react to it i pierce the skin of her ankle then pulling it back out releasing the fluid that had built up, i put my hand back to normal still holding the girls ankle, and that is when i begin wrapping it in a cloth i found in the medical kit.

A threatened growl escaped the lips of the child who sat there on the bed, both her wrists gripped by just one of his colossal hands. Cowering beneath his loathsome gaze the girl ceased her squirming and allowed him to fix up her sore ankle, only the sight of first his metallic hand and the needle contained within had panic stir within her. She didn't like doctors, medicine and especially not needles. While he released the build up of fluid the girl closed her eyes tightly shut and tried to think of where he might have put Regulus. That poor, sweet, innocent lion had done nothing to harm anyone!

Sat there, her stomach began to grumble noisily. Color had returned to her lips yet her skin was still pale with hunger and fatigue. There was little she could do at this point, and she was growing tired of fighting him. Perhaps it was best she wait and see where they ended up, and what kind of situation presented itself, before she turned into collateral damage.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

I look at the young girl with a sigh as i continue to bandage her leg. I stand quietly after ive finished grabbing my mask before leaving the room and then returning a moment later without the bag on my shoulder and a food tray in my hand and i place it on the table next to the small creature sitting on the bed. i kneel beside her checking my work on her ankle before leaving the room and returning to the pilot seat not locking the door behind me knowing she had no where to go, i reach into to my bag and pull out the lion from within. thinking to myself what was so special about it and why does she want it so bad.

She sat there in silence with her eyes closed as the man continued to bandage her ankle, and when she heard the woosh of the door as it opened and closed behind him she shuffled back on the bed and frowned. The room wasn't particularly big, but then again it was just the Crew Cabin. There was a second bed above hers, high enough that she wouldn't bang her head getting in and out of the bunk. Space travel was long, contrary to what many might have believed, so for all she knew she could be stuck in here for weeks.

When the man returned with food she scowled at the tray, yet she was ridiculously hungry. He said nothing to her, and when the door closed once again she heard his footsteps immediately retreat. That meant he hadn't locked her in. She took up a fork full of food and sniffed at it, then the same with the juice, trying to make sure it hadn't been tampered with. Of course, there was no real way that a child of her age would even know the sort of signs to look out for at any rate.

Once she had eaten and drunk her fill the small child crept from her bed. Again the whoosh of the door could be heard, yet she hoped she was far enough from the cockpit for it to go unheard. Creeping out into the hall she headed towards where the man was waiting, seeing the lion in his grasp. She stared at it, trying to conjure up some way to get Regulus back.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

i hear the whoosh of the door from where the living quarters are but i pay no mind to the noise. she has no where to go, what was i worried about. i slowly turn my chair facing the direction of the hallway "come here" I say to her in the most monotone voice i can muster, as i wait for a response I shove the lion back into my satchel and place it in a compartment above the pilot seat locking it away. my hands return to in front of me, my elbows on my knees

"For kriff sake!" the little girl blurted, the curse word sounding foreign from the mouth of a child. She was frustrated, watching as he placed the lion once more out of reach. "He's my friend" she told him, slowly hobbling over to where he was stood. She didn't fancy being dragged around again, her ankle was still very tender.

"You can't lock him up... Please." If she had Regulus then nothing else would matter at this point. She knew she was far away from home at this point, there was no way for her to return there. At least if she had Reggie she wouldn't feel so lost.

The child came to a halt just a few steps away from the man, grumpily turning her gaze down to the ground. "I just want my friend back" she whispered again, "then I'll stay in the cabin..."

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

my eyes perked up as the small child blurted out a curse word smiling slightly not being about to hold back a small laugh at her correct usage of it.

I watch as the small child hobbles along towards me and i look at her saying "you have no friends out here anymore just survival of the fittest and you are not fit for anything right now. Your lion stays with me till i know you can't use him to kill me or get away" i look at the small creature looking away from me like the monster I knew i was, but i needed the money you see, its either me or her and being who i am its gonna be me. "what is so special about your lion anyways? he hasn't moved again since the planet." I grab my satchel from the over head compartment contemplating on having her show me her powers once again, make sure i didn't act to hastily in my bid to get money.

The laughter sent a shiver down the young girl's spine.

He spoke as if he knew her, only there was clear cut ignorance in his words. Iori had no friends, Regulus notwithstanding, she had no false thoughts concerning this. She had been raised in a very large and very empty household, her parents rich enough to afford anything a child could desire yet paranoid enough to keep their brood within their expensive prison. She didn't even have her brothers anymore. Not one to correct an adult she simply said nothing at all in regards to it and remained stood in place; she did not retreat, as he had explicitly told her to come to him, however she kept a distance between them both too.

"He only moves when in my company" she told him, with an emphasis placed on the possessive pronoun, "he won't do anything for you." The latter was more of a thinly veiled threat than anything, however she perked up slightly when she heard him rummaging in the compartment to gather up the satchel. Her gaze lifted and locked on her lion's cloth prison. Oh how she wanted him in her arms again.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

I pull the lion from my bag keeping it out of reach from the child "show me" I demanded holding the lion toward the small child but still out her reach. she desperately wanted this lion back and i wasn't so sure why knowing full well it could have a tracking device that needs to be activated by her touch. "what was i thinking being afraid of this child's toy, she cant be as strong as i had felt before but i need to take my precautions until i knew what i was dealing with " I thought to myself

"if you show me i might consider giving him back to you but you have to show me first" I said to her in my raspy voice

Her eyes lit up to the sight of dear old Reggie, her hands lifting and fingers clenching and unclenching towards him in a needy fashion, like some child denied the arms of her mother. He wanted her to show him? Show him what? Staring at Regulus she whispered "it's okay, Reggie, I won't let him hurt you." And after a few moments the little animal began to twitch. The Force swirled around the ship, with Iori at its center, the unknowing focus. While the stuffed animal could not escape the man's grasp he still wiggled and wriggled and flailed his paws about, much to the child's delight.

He was okay! Thankfully nothing had happened to him while stuffed inside that bag. "Give him back" she whined, more desperate now to hold her beloved lion than ever before, even going so far as to swiftly stepping forward and attempting to snatch him back from the man. The sudden heavy-footed excursion caused a yelp from her lips and she dropped down to the floor before she could manage to claim back her companion. When she fell Regulus became limp and lifeless once again, her focus temporarily broken.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

my eyes widen as I feel the force swirl around the ship the lion moving as if it was alive in my hand, my gears and servos struggling in my mechanical hand to hold the Lion away from the girl. not trusting the child had any idea what she was doing or capable of, i determined almost immediately that i shall keep this lion away from her less I want the ship to be torn in half by the energy she puts out.

I see her attempt at a grab for it before falling on her injured ankle i put "reggie" back in my satchel and lock it away back in the over head compartment.

"that's it, you're going back to the cabin!" I rise from the captains chair towering over the small creature and lean over to pick her up off the ground and i throw her over my shoulder not want to deal with the inevitable struggle for her lion. throwing her on the bed of the sleeping quarters. my mind lost in thought as i exit locking the door behind me.

i sit back in the pilots chair thinking to myself "what am i thinking, this girl is to powerful to me to handle but man its gonna be one hell of a pay day!" i grab the controls and punch it forward at a blazing speed

Clutching at her ankle she didn't see but instead heard as he locked away her lion yet again. "I did what you said!" she complained, growling as her body was plucked up from the ground and flung over his shoulder. "Put me down!" Kicking and struggling against him her gaze settled longingly upon the overhead compartment. Even if she somehow managed to get into the cockpit without his seeing, she would never be able to reach up there and recover him.

Again the Force swirled around them as her rage became more palpable. "You're a liar!" she yelled, squirming in his grasp as loose items began to tremble in the ship unbeknownst to the girl. When she was dropped onto the bed and abandoned in the room the trembling ceased and everything settled back into place. She stood up, stumbling to the door, only to be met with its refusal to budge. Beating her fist against the heavy metal door she continued to yell and complain, but it was all to no avail.

Finally she simply crumpled down to the floor and sat there, her spirit quenched.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

My thoughts ran wilder with ever passing minute still increasing the speed of the ship as we fly
"what was i thinking, how do i just do something so reckless" i thought to myself before slowing the ship down again. i looked at the over head compartment and let out a long sigh knowing i was a man of my word as i hear the small creature screaming and flailing at the door "should i give it to her?" I thought, i walking over to the cabin door seeing the girl there on the floor, the force energy still courses through me like hair standing on the back of your neck. my loud heavy boot steps could be heard pacing around outside the room as i have had a sudden fit of thought. i walk over to the over head compartment taking out the lion and walking back to the door pondering if i should return it. this could be the stupidest thing you have ever done!, you said you would give it back she showed you what she could do, yeah and she almost tore the ship in two! you are a man of your word give it back!" my mind raced with thoughts to myself down into a complete spiral. "ENOUGH! NO MORE!" I yelled into the empty space with no one but the girl to hear me

No noise came from the crew quarters as the child lay upon the cabin floor. Her ankle ached something terrible, and she was honestly exhausted; it had been a dreadful week all in all, but this was the icing on the cake. The food which had been brought to her earlier still rested on the side table. Her small stomach grumbled and ached, forcing her to her feet. She seated herself down at the side of the table, inside a nook, and hid there with the tray of food, hungrily eating every piece and crumb on the plate before gulping down the water. When the man yelled outside her door she tensed up and pressed further back, hoping that should he open the door he would find her missing.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

I storm off to the mess, still reeling from the argument in my head, i had no idea what i should do, this girl was becoming more trouble then she is worth but ah thats the ticket. shes IS worth something, a lot of somethings to be exact i just had to get to the right planet. i look down at the lion still clenched in my hand as i sit angrily at the small table that was there in the kitchen.

"why does my head feel like its about to pop, i feel weak and drained" i say to myself as my stomach grumbles loudly the girls fit of anger had drained me mentally more then i knew. I grab some food from the pantry and prepare it quickly washing it down with whatever booze i could find. drinking down the booze in large gulps my vision and mind begins to blur i stumble to the pilots chair entering in the auto pilot sequence in a sloppy fashion before passing out where i sit not knowing if i had done it right.

She heard his footsteps retreat away from her door and exhaled the breath she had been holding. As her anger and frustration simmered the disturbances felt through the Force lessened until they ceased entirely. With time the tiny child grew weary until she finally closed her eyes, nodding off in the little nook she had found within the room. Curled up there, the tray clattered to her side sending the dishes into the middle of the cabin. Her dreams were wrought with worry as she imagined poor Regulus dying most painful deaths at the hand of the fiend who had taken him from her. Soft whimpers and tender twitches left the child throughout, as exhaustion sunk her deeper into sleep.

[member="Ragnar T'uuth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom