Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Misadventure on Nar Shaddaa

On the drive to Chase, Talo debated on what way to handle this as this situation was of his own doing. The Mandalorian considered intimidation, Chase seemed like the type to fold under pressure... but with his boys there, his confidence was most likely to feed off of him and so, Talo thought of something else - force. He wouldn't kill him or anyone else, but if Chase wanted to pipe up, Talo would quickly fix that attitude.

When they arrived, Talo matched Shai's speed, accompanying her over to Chase. As he watched the two's exchanged, he stayed quiet and subtly scanned Chase's boys to see how they were reacting. With all their attention focused on Shai and Chase, Talo used it as an opportunity to set his blaster to stun and when things seemed like they would come to a head as Chase's goons slowly reached for their blasters...

The rapid shots of stun bolts blared passed Shai and Chase, within seconds the collective thuds of the goons' bodies dropping to the floor filled the bried seconds of silence. Talo had fast draw'd them. Without saying a word, the Mandalorian brushed passed Shai and gripped Chase by the collar, scruffing it up as he did so. Talo's T-visor glared into Chase's soul as he began to speak "You don't want me as an enemy, Chase." he threatened with a cold tone "Your information wasn't worth nearly enough the amount you owed her. If you want to keep your legs, I suggest you don't waste my time and give her her money." Talo demanded, his grip tightening around Chase's collar as he spoke. Talo brought the Nautolan closer to his helmet as he would heed one final warning to him "If I don't see the credits in her account within a month-- no, a week. We'll be back."I'll be back. before tossing him back to his swoop bike and then stunning him unconscious.

After putting the fear of, whatever God Chase worshipped, within him. Talo turned round, making his way back to the speeder and as he passed Shai he asked "Now, about that beskar you had? Also, how much do you want for this pulse rifle? I'll let you keep my WESTAR." while pointing at the rifle, still on his back, with his left thumb. Despite his mistrust of others, he was starting to warm up to the Shistavanen.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Before Shai even realized what was happening, stun bolts flew past her and knocked out Chase's goons. She stepped back and turned to look at Talo, making room as he came charging at Chase. Shai watched as Talo scared the crap out of Chase, a smile forming on her face as he knocked him out as well. With their business concluded, they returned to the speeder.

Shai climed in and breathed a heavy sigh of relief. She turned to look at Talo when he spoke, reminding her of their deal from before. What surprised her more was when he offered her his weapons. Her eyes went wide as she stared at the rifle then back to him. "You're serious?" she asked him before a massive grin formed on her face. She kept herself composed, though, and merely shrugged. "Well I got a couple more pieces of Beskar lying around...and five thousand credits seemed to have appeared in my account out of nowhere." she quipped, flashing him a wink. She started up the speeder and flew them back to her ship. The speeder was left behind as Shai got the ship powered up and out of orbit. "I'll take you to the stash. I'll give you what you're owed, don't worry. Should be more than enough for a full suit and then some. You could use it for those snazzy jetpacks and gizmos you guys always carry around." she explained as she rose from the pilot's seat, leaving Baby to control the ship as it jumped into hyperspace.

"I don't know about you, but I'm gonna take a shower. Let me know if you wanna catch one as well." she explained as she made her way to the main quarters of the ship. In her room she undressed, tossed the dirty clothes in a pile and slipped into the shower. For almost half an hour she was in there, scrubbing away while a myriad of thought bounced around in her head. She finally emerged, refreshed, clean and dressed in a clean pair of shorts and t-shirt that was a few sizes too big. "I might actually have something that could fit you, if you want something cleaner." she commented as she entered the recreation room, tying her hair back with a rubber band. "Before you go, though...um...I know you guys hate taking your helmets off and all but...would you like some hot chocolate?" she asked him nervously, though there was a happy glimmer in her eye as she looked at him.

Talo Krayt Talo Krayt

"Well, the rifle was yours first." he said, a minuscule hint of playfulness behind it. Although she couldn't see it due to the helmet that separated them, a small smile crept onto the corner of his mouth at her quip. Now that he had solved the issue he caused for Shai, he felt better about the events that unfolded today.

Back on Shai's ship, Talo sat in the co-pilot's chair as she revealed how much beskar she had had and what he could use it for. Looking up at her as she rose from the pilot's seat, his head tilted down slightly as he answered calmly "Not yet. I haven't proved my worth enough for a Z-6." despite whether that was actually true or not, the young Mandalorian himself felt that he hadn't earned the right yet - especially with how rare beskar was.

Raising his arm up to his helmet, Talo took a small sniff before slowly putting it down "Yeah." he simply stated regarding the shower. While he waited for her to finish showering, he fiddled around with his weapons and adjusted his helmet a few times in the recreation room. When she finally returned, he stood and began making his way to the ship's bathroom before stopping to hear what Shai had to say. Glancing away from her, he pondered, he didn't want to upset her and he was indeed warming up to her, but... it wasn't enough for him to take his helmet off. Not yet. Turning back to her, he replied calmly "Maybe another time." before continuing on his way to the bathroom.

Inside the bathroom, Talo began stripping off his armor, or lack thereof before finally removing his helmet. He let out a deep sigh as he scanned his features in the mirror, sometimes he was unsure where the face ended and the mask began. Ruffling his scarlet hair, Talo entered the shower and began to clean himself. It didn't take long but once he was finished and exited the shower, he realised that his garments still smelled, the Mandalorian let out an annoyed sigh before putting them back on and then his helmet. He'd have to properly change once he applied his new beskar. Talo returned to the recreation room, while his body was clean, his armor wasn't but he wouldn't acknowledge it. "The beskar?" he asked although he actively made sure to not say it in a rushing tone.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Unfortunately Talo didn't seem interested. It was totally fair and understandable...but it still made Shai feel a bit down. "Oh...okay." she muttered, her ears drooping slightly as she turned to make a mug for herself.

She was sitting on the couch with her bare feet kicked up on the table when Talo emerged. She raised an eyebrow at the fact that his armour was still dirty but before she could react, he asked about the Beskar. "We're still on our way there, relax dude." she assured him with a smirk, taking another warm sip of her drink. "As for the pulse rifle, keep it. You did a lot for me today, it's the least I can do back." she continued, giving him a thumbs up.

She patted the couch beside her and scooted over a bit to make room for him. "You know you could wash your armour, I do got some stuff for that." she quipped as she glanced at him. With another sip she looked off into a corner, curling her legs into her chest to sit in a ball. "... It's for my mom." she stated softly out of the blue. "You're probably skeptical over why I need that much money. It's for my mom's bail. She's in Coruscant prison facing twenty five to life. She's been in for over five years now...but I can get her out on a million cred bail." she explained softly, holding the mug with both hands. "She's helped me out so much in the past, and we love each other...It's the least I can do, you know?" she continued on, giving a sad smile. "I'm so damn close. But it ain't easy. I feel like sometimes I lose a bit of myself after those creds hit my account." she confessed as her eyes started to get foggy.

She took a big gulp of her drink and forced it down along with her emotions. Clearing her throat, she looked at him again. "That's why I do what I do. All I want is my mom back. she finished, giving him a warm smile.

The ship shuddered as it exited hyperspace. Shai looked around and brought her commlink to her lips. "Alright Baby, take us down. You know where to go." she spoke and the droid beeped in confirmation. Shai quickly finished her drink and got up, making her way towards the planet's surface.

They were on Boz Pity. Shai set the ship down and quickly got her boots back on. Stepping outside the ship, Shai glanced around. The only sound around them was a light breeze. "I always hated this planet. But it makes for a good hiding spot. Come on. she commented, gesturing for Talo to follow.

They finally reached a massive mausoleum with the only way in being a crack big enough for them to fit through. Inside she flipped the switch of a lamp and illuminated the inside. Behind the pile of bones and old rotten clothes, sat a stack of pelican crates and cylindrical containers. Shai looked them over and placed aside two of the containers before opening one of the pelican crates. Inside was a bunch of circuitry and electrical components meant to be used in the armour...including a temperature regulating system. She nodded and closed it up again, turning to face him with a smile. "There we go. You can take this big boy, I'll bring those." she quipped as she motioned towards the massive crate behind her.

Talo Krayt Talo Krayt

"Oh, sorry." he apologised, Talo had initially thought that Shai kept the beskar stored on her ship. A small smile formed on his lips as she told him he could keep the rifle although he simply gave her an appreciative nod. Approaching the couch, he sat down on it in a relaxed position, leaning forward with his arms resting on his thighs - he shook his head at her offer "I'll wait." he said, scooting away from her slightly to lessen the smell of his armor.

Talo slowly turned his head to face Shai when she curled her legs into her chest - he had the feeling she was about to say something. She mentioned her mother, garnering more of his attention, he listened as she revealed that the money she needed was to bail her mother out. The young Mandalorian sympathised with her, although his helmet was expressionless, to Shai it would almost seem like she'd find a kindred spirit in him. "I'm sorry." he said with a sigh. He thought she was lucky, at least she had a relationship with her mother "I didn't know my parents. My biological parents." he revealed glancing off into the distanc e, although that was all that he would say about the matter.

"You'll get her back." he said, attempting to assure her and ignoring her obvious emotional state - he wasn't good... with feelings. The ship finally started closing in to where they needed to be and the Mandalorian couldn't be more relieved, he was warming up to her, but again, emotional talks weren't his thing. When they landed, he realised they were on Boz Pity Shai expressed her dislike for the planet and while glancing around, he would respond "I like it." before following her inside a mausoleum - it was... an odd place to keep her possessions stashed but Shai was an odd person.

Squeezing his way inside after her, he wasn't at all surprised to see all the bones scattered about "Guess these guys were dying to get inside." he quipped in deadpan. Talo looked inside the crate Shai had given him, scanning over all electrical components inside and he smiled, turning to face Shai his body language conveyed gratitude "Thank you, Shai." he said with genuine gratitude. Closing the crate, he asked "Where will you go next."

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai glanced at Talo when he spoke up in the mausoleum, earning a cackling laugh from the Shistavanen. Her laughing echoed in the massive building as she laughed away for a couple seconds. "That's gold!" she commented as she tried to compose herself. She finally managed to stop snickering when Talo thanked her for the stuff. She gave him a warm smile and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a tight hug once more. "Anytime." she quipped as she let go and picked up the cylinders containing the Beskar.

He asked what she was planning on doing next, earning a shrug. "At this point, I figured I could give you a lift to where you needed to go. But after that..." she thought for a few moments. "Heh, there's a little bit of underground fighting going on in Underworld. Usually my betting game is on fleek with that, so I might go check that out again. But after that... who knows?" she explained with a sly smile. She carried the containers out and onto her ship before helping him out with the case of electrical components. Once that was done, she turned to face Talo again. "Legit, man... thanks. You need a little ol' gun runner for anything, feel free to call me anytime." she offered him. With everything set she got the ship in the air again, flying them off into no direction in particular. "So where would you like to go?" she asked him with a friendly tone.

Talo Krayt Talo Krayt

Although it had already been well established she was a hugger, Talo was always caught off guard whenever she did. Although, this time, Talo slowly raised his free arm and awkwardly reciprocated her hug with a single arm, patting her back gently as he did so. When she finally let go, the Mandalorian awkwardly glanced away to his left and quietly muttered to himself "Haar'chak..." feeling as if this was too much for him.

Talo's gaze remained averted for half of her answer, eventually he met her gaze by the time she had concluded. He nodded, smirking at her sly smile. After getting everything back on the ship, Shai thanked him before offering her services if he ever needed anything - letting out a dry snicker "I'll keep you in mind." he assured her, it was funny, where they were when the events of tonight started and now where they were now. It was... an odd notion to have a potential friend outside of the clan.

Back on the ship, Talo was back inside the cockpit with Shai during the take off. When she asked him where he wanted to go, he turned round to look outside the cockpit and into the corridor, thinking of the crates placed out there. Turning back round to face the void of space outside the window, Talo smiled softly under his mask "Teth." he answered plainly.

While Shai had no clue, Teth was where his clan were currently taking refuge, hidden away from the rest of the galaxy. It'd be no better place than any to stop off first and with the leftover beskar, he'd donate some to the clan's Foundlings.

/END

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom