Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mining Our Own Core...Tosis

Sera's body stumbled forward towards the hulking Kon'me a bit as Kian lightly shoved her. Looking back towards her fellow Jedi she rolled her eyes before examining the reptilian again. "I'm sure he'll be just fine."

The moment she stepped forward the mighty Kon'Me beat its' chest a couple of times before leaning into its' aggressive combat stance. Bending her knees slightly she readied herself, her hands slightly outstretched in anticipation of the inevitable attack. Without so much as a moment's notice, the Kon'me dashed forward in an attempt to grapple the smaller opponent. Where she lacked in raw strength she made up for in dexterity. A quick side-step would evade the attempt to seize her in his grasp. An adjustment later and the hulking reptile would make another cumbersome lunge towards Sera. This time as he leaned down and forward to grab her, a quick shift of her feet and into the air she would go, up and over the Kon'me's back, spinning about as she landed to strike the creature in its' back with a series of kicks towards its' less armored sides and legs, eliciting a loud and agitated bellow.

Turning back to Sera, the Kon'me charged forward with a furious barrage of punches, no longer trying to simply take hold of her but rather pummel her into the ground. Knowing full well that if he managed to land a strike on her it could very well flip the switch on her consciousness, she took another evasive approach, tumbling off to the side and away from danger. Up-righting herself once more she closed the distance again and proceeded to follow through with a series of quick, Force enhanced jabs towards the creature's side, echoing once more a guttural roar. Before she had an opportunity to proceed with her attack the Kon'me lifted its hand in a gesture to hold, it would seem that either she had succeeded, or he was attempting to dupe her into believing so.

[member="Kian Karr"]

Kian watched as Seraphina and the Kon'me battled it out. The Kon'me had weight, height, and strength on Seraphina, but she was far more agile and better trained. Each time the Kon'me closed with Sera, she would dodge the attack and take the opportunity to strike back. Kian smiled as he watched the fight. Sera had come a long way since her days as a padawan.

Then the fight was over, the Kon'me raised his hands in submission and Kian took a few steps forward.

"Why are you here?" Asked a voice from the darkness behind the warrior Kon'me. While Kian couldn't see the individual, from the voice he could tell that they were female and they were old.

"We were hoping to collect a small amount of cortosis from the planet and then be on our way." Kian said, stepping alongside Sera. "We don't plan to stay past our welcome."

"Too late for that." The voice said as the individual stepped from the shadows. She was a hunched, elder Kon'me, her scales faded to a gray green. It was clear she was an elder among them. "You have already outstayed your welcome." She said, not menacingly but in a tone that made it clear she didn't want them there.

"But," Kian said raising a taloned hand and tilting his head to the side, "we've defeated your champion, have we not?" Kian asked, his voice with a hint of an edge, hoping he'd guess right on how to handle this. After a long pause, the elder Kon'me turned back and spoke in their native tongue and then turned back to Kian and Sera.

"Your guides are welcome to collect the ore for you both.....but your not welcome in the caverns." She said turning to walk away. "And make your trip here short." She said with a bit of venom in her voice before vanishing into the caves. Kian turned back to their guides and nodded his head and they were off into the caves with their equipment.

"You did well." Kian said turning to Sera.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]​

Once the fight had ended, Sera stepped back and away from the Kon'me, bowing politely to the warrior as Kian spoke with the elder.

Clearly despite their own traditions they still lacked the interest in dealing with off-worlders, and they would be best to leave promptly. Though the offering for the Kon'me to collect the cortosis they would need was a welcome and unexpected turn of events. Sera turned to Kian and cocked her head to the side and shrugged as the reptiles disappeared from sight. Sera smiled warmly at the praise from the Kel-Dor. "Thank you, Master Karr." She grinned, expecting a quip about referring to his title.

"Suppose they don't want us to learn any more of the planet than we already know? Or maybe they just fear we'll take more than our share. Who knows.The sooner we can get out of here the better for all involved. They don't want use here, and we don't want to anger them. Hopefully we can be on our way shortly, without any hostilities."

[member="Kian Karr"]

Kian nodded in agreement with Sera as she spoke. These Kon'me were certainly not very welcoming to outsiders. Kian had interacted with species such as this in the past, and Kian had to admit that the Kel Dor were similar, though certainly not to this degree.

"They aren't use to outsiders and they certainly don't seem to trust us." Kian said shaking his head. Several moments had passed and glancing back toward the entrance, Kian saw the two guides coming out of the cavern, each carrying a large crate of cortosis ore. Kian smiled, glad that they had retrieved what they had been looking for and glad that they could finally leave. It wasn't that Kian didn't like the planet, it certainly had its uniqueness....but he didn't like feeling like he was intruding upon the good graces of the Kon'me, even if the graces weren't all that good.

"Time to go." Kian said turning back and following the guides to the speeder. "We get back to port and get off this planet!" Kian said chuckling. He certainly wasn't going to overstay his welcome.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]​

Sera smiled as the Kon'me emerged, nodding with Kian in agreement. "True enough. The mere fact that they agreed to allow us to take any of the ore is surprising to be quite honest. Though I suspect that if they have ever encountered Sith, it is likely that they find us indistinguishable, even if we show no signs of aggression. An unfortunate likelihood really, but one that we're not really equipped to debate right now."

The Twi'lek Jedi bowed gratefully to the two reptilians as they exchanged the material. "Thank you much." She then turned again to Kian as they began to walk back towards the transport to take them to their ship. "Perhaps sometime in the future we can return and possibly strengthen our bond between the Kon'me and the Republic. It would be a shame to let the potential for relations slip away."

[member="Kian Karr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom