Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mining on Elsyian

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trimantium

Elaine had been scouring her new home world for base metals, this was done mainly in orbit.
As down on the planet, the wildlife was quite dangerous to say the least.
She had probe ships, scour the whole planet. They had mapped it, every last inch of it.
As the information came to the geologist on the planet, they went over it.
Trying to work out where different base metals could be found, and exploited for the use of the planet.
In the rocky area, in northern hempshire of the planet, they think they may have found a possible dig site.

My Lady Thul, he said to her, I think we found a source of Triminatium in this sector here
She need this metal, to make her power armoured troops even better.
She ponder for a moment, and then said Get me a scout group out there, to check on the wildlife.
Then added If it's not too dangerous take two companies of infantry with you, and then set up a base camp.

He nodded and then head off to make the arrangements.

Next day the scout troops where moved over to the area.

They set up a base camp, and took it in turns to look for an area where the wildlife would be least threat to them.
As the lizards on this planet where big and nasty, with very sharp teeth. This was why they came first, they had experience hunting them.
Also they could be trusted to send back reports to geologists, so they can they can get soil reports back to them, and see if the base metal was inside the soil as mineral.

They had been there for an hour before they had hit the first problem.
They found a cave that, some unknown dinosaurs where using as nest for there eggs.
They decide it was best to move on, to find another area where they could set up a base camp for the main group.
Eventually they found somewhere, in what looked looked a natural fortress. It was a mound, like a meteor had hit at some point.
They began setting up the base area, and removing the trees that grown in nearby area.
This was so they had less chance of being snuck up on by the deadly velociraptor.

They sent a signal back to city, with results of soil sample, and there location.

The infantry companies next day where shipped out, along with the geologist.
He had the results of soil samples and yes the metal was here, now all he had to do was pin point where the mine head would be.
Whilst he was going to nearby points, to locate a suitable site for the mine, the infantry began fortifying the camp.
They used the center point as a ammo dump, as it then roughly same distance to any check point.
Then using the trees the scouts had cut down, they made a barricade so they could lean against it.
Then they leveled some of land off and set up tents, so they have somewhere to sleep if not guard duty.
After this was done each team set up a six and half hour rotation, so they would eventually all have night duty.

Whilst this was going on the scouts, had the honour of protecting the geologists.
They where constantly stopping taking core samples, every time they did the scouts took up positions to protect them.
They shot known predator species before they became threat, as they had range.
This meant they have good barbecue that night base camp, now being secured by infantry units.
Though they never let geologists go where the cover was dense, as wildlife had the upper hand there.

Next week

A mini fortress had been built, and the geologists have found a nearby area to start the mine.
The infantry had begun patrols, with a platoon infantry being lead by scout fire team.
This was to keep the wildlife from encroaching on the area, though now they mostly tried to scare them off with loud sudden noises.
Whilst this going on the mining droids, began to make the mine head along with work crews.
The mine area itself, was actually quite secure with a covered path between it and the mini village that had spring up at the fort.
They all had a weapon just in case of course, but thanks to patrols nothing ever attacked them.

They also started moving the fort towards the mine, as it meant greater efficiency.

By the end month the metal was being extracted and sent back to the capital, and they one more mining village set up on the planet.

As the ore arrived at the capital, it was sent to the smelting pot to be made into workable metal.
This was hot and thankless task, one slip and you became part of the pot.
She did not like using droids, as it meant less work for the common man.
The ore would be used to create the battle armour, of her personal housecarls.
This metal was going to be used to create, the outer layer of armour.
It was tough metal, one with enough depth to it would make allow them to shrug off most blasters.

Once the metal had been forged it was sent to armours, so each suit could be made to fit each individual housecarl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom