Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mining on Apatros

Matreya

Samael strode slowly through brush and undergrowth, Shadoslayer strapped to his hip. With his eyes cast forward, and his mind cast about himself, he seemed to be waiting for something. What couldn't be inferred yet, but he was waiting for a sign...

"Ashlin!" Samael called, fusing his speech with the Force to carry it a much greater distance. He sensed her when she came to Apatros, what she was doing was up for grabs, but he held a deep connection with his genetic mother and knew she was here. He had believed her dead just as everyone else, but then came the signs. First little tickles against his consciousness, then solid premonitions of seeing her for the first time. Now he sensed her arrival, only days before himself.

Nearing one of the many Cortosis mines, he called again, "Ashlin Hale!" He would meet her, just as he had forseen. The woman had never known he even existed, and now he was tired of that fact. His father could rot for all he cared, but he truly wished to know his mother.

@[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Matreya

Roughly a mile away, entering another Cortosis mine, was the brother-in-law to the Hand of the Fringe, and the man himself. The latter was dressed in his Demon Armor, with his helmet covering his face, none within could judge his facial expressions. If they could, they would have fled. For soon enough, Zaiden lifted his hand and squeezed his fist tightly closed, and with it the windpipes of every man. Eight bodies fell, a simple obstacle to avoid.

Stepping slowly inward, Pexim watched as Zaiden looked for the purest of the ore. The younger of the two couldn't believe it, his friend had obliterated the men so cruelly..he had truly fallen to the darkness...

"Ashlyn Hale!" Over the loudly purring engine of her speeder, Ashlyn could hear impatient calls coming from an unfamiliar man's voice. Desperately, she revved the engine in attempt to drive the bike faster, while going over who could be calling her, and why. After she escaped her prison, life wasn't the same. Zaiden was gone to her, assuming he was dead already. If not, surely he thought the same of his former bride - to - be. After months of traveling alone, someone had discovered her - someone that seemed familiar, yet whom she had never met before. A voice from her dreams, a faceless, nameless voice from the darkest of shadows. The closer she got, she began to feel nerves and excitement tingle in the pit of her stomach. "Here goes," she whispered to herself as she approached a large cortosis mine. She sensed the unfamiliar man was only getting closer, and just at the opening of the mine came into a few yards' distance, she slid to a stop and jumped off the speeder with minimal movement.

Walking into the mine, Ashlyn began to search around herself with her mind. Zaiden.. a constant nagging feeling in the back of her mind kept telling her something was weird about Zaiden. She thought she could sense him, but it couldn't be.. The darkness couldn't have clouded her former love's life that much, could it? Feeling the energy of her mystery caller coming closer, she quickly refocused herself. "I'm here. Hello?" Calling out, she waited for the man to reply.
@[member="Samael Darkwing"]

Matreya

Having heard her reply, Samael nodded and picked up his pace. Soon enough he spotted the petite woman at the mouth of a mine, she looked his way and he wondered instantly if she would recognize any of her own traits in the powerful man whom stood before her. Nodding his acknowledgement as he approached, he spoke, "Ashlyn Hale..." She was every bit as beautiful as he had imagined shed be, "My name is Samael..I wonder if we could talk for a while. Maybe mine some Cortosis? I know it's a rare alloy so it shouldn't be to bad an idea."

@[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Matreya

Pexim sighed, "Zaiden, why are we here?" The young man asked his friend. He was horrified by his master's works, the elder had proven himself to be insane - plenty of times - but this was something more. They would need to leave as soon as possible to avoid punishment. He watched as Zaiden neared a humongous mining drill and began flipping switches and punching keys.

"Were here for Cortosis. Plain and simple" The Hand replied with more coldness than necessary, and thus Pex remained quite furthermore as the ore began chip and crack under the great pressure caused by the drill. If Zaiden's best friend was treated as such, how could anyone else handle him?

What the kark!? Ashlyn thought to herself, unintentionally widening her eyes at the sight of an Angel! The man had flowing silver hair that reached well down to his waist, a beautiful face, and a sturdy build that stood many heads taller than herself. Samael, a name that could match. What could he want from me? She thought to herself as she nodded shyly. The man didn't seem like he would attack her, but in an age of galactic wars you could never know.

The darkness of the mine shrouded her vision for a moment before she readjusted, "What could you want to hear from me? And how would we go about mining?" She asked softly as she eyed the man through her blue hair.

Matreya

Cortosis, a powerful mineral indeed, Pexim found himself thinking as the drill plowed into the rock. The alloy itself supremely brittle, capable of breaking under the pressure of a human punch, but when contact was made between it and a lightsaber it would mean utter deactivation. When broken down and fused with a separate alloy it would make it extremely durable, still lightsaber resistant just removing the basic breaking of the plasma.

What could Zaiden be intending to use this for? The young man asked himself over and over while he looked to the giant nearby.

Matreya

Samael smiled, a soft beautiful shift of the features, "Tenebrae here is beyond capable of hacking through the mineral, as long as there isn't to much of the actual rock itself. Cortosis is very fragile you know." The young Alchemical Warrior said, stroking the sheath against his left hip. The handle was gorgeous, carved with ancient Sith symbols that only the man seemed to be capable of understanding.

As they stepped inside the mine the young hybrid placed his palm against the hilt to his blade, "I know this us going to sound weird, but I offer a transaction. I'll aid in the mining like I said, if you offer your own story. I've heard of you but don't know much." Slowly his hand moved downward along the hilt til he touched the sheath, then using his thumb he clicked the blade slightly upwards as he waited for the woman to agree or disagree.

@[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Matreya

"Armor. I'm going to use it to make armor." Zaiden said from across the room, after a long drawn silence. Pexim looked up, a grin spreading across his room as he retained from pointing that it was pretty obvious it was for armor - what else would he use it for, besides a weapon? "First though I plan to combine the mineral with other alloys to strengthen them." Looking to the mouth of the mine, Pex thought to his wife at home. The sounds of the drill, as well as the mineral and rock hitting the ground making things calm despite the obnoxious sense of it.

He wondered what she would think of Pexim aiding Zaiden in creating weapons for killing untold numbers of people. She would find it beyond explanation, he thought silently as he began picking up loose shards of the mineral. Zaiden wasn't going to gather it all alone.

Heavy lifting, just so that he could hear her story? So far he was showing that he didn't have bad intentions, so Ashlyn smiled, "I can help lift my own weight. But I'll tell my story if that's what you really want, but in exchange I want to know yours. Who are you, why did you decide to randomly seek out an old woman like me?"

Slowly turning her powerful eyes along the area, she spotted a bright streak of off colors and figured it the Cortosis. Drawing back her right arm she threw a devastating blow that shook the walls, leaving a small pile of Cortosis mixed with the rock.

Matreya

Cutting his hand with a soft exhale, the young man gripped his hand as he stared at the drops of blood on his finger. Sucking the blood clean Pexim reached back and continued lifting. Dust began making it's appearance, plastering itself along his leggings and shirt, but he didn't stop. Instead he kept a steady pace, placing the mineral in a bag hooked to his hip. Zaiden stood silently nearby.

He couldn't be angry with the Master Force User though for he did his share, huge piles were being sifted through by the man's mental abilities.

Matreya

"Very well," the tall man nodded his head, "but you first." Samael was surprised, not at the elder woman's show of strength for he knew she possessed such, but because he hadn't thought she would want to. Pushing harder with his thumb, Tenebrae launched forward enough that Samael's opposite hand gripped the hilt and hurled the blade from it's sheath in a massive arc. Three lightning swift arcs followed suit, and not a sound could be heard save the air being cut.

But then suddenly the minerals he had aimed for fell forth from the rockside. Whipping the blade back around, he placed the deadly tool back inside it's sheath, then knelt and began sorting through the rubble. Large chunks clung to rock, this he simply knocked onto the ground to free the mineral.

"Where were you born?"

@[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Matreya

Pexim continued with the inner turmoil that wracked his mind, not wishing to voice his opinion. But this did not last long, "Pexim, speak. I can sense the emotion roiling from you. What is on your mind?" Zaiden sat, not even bothering to look up from his work. The younger of the silently continued to work, for a long moment. Should he be blunt? Would it be better to not even say anything?

"I have begun to worry over your state of mind. At one point happiness was a constant, now your always so angry. I never hear you laugh anymore, you stomp around alone all day then leave to fight wars that you shouldn't have to. When will you be able to return to the way you once were?" Pexim burst out, the flow of words swift and pure. He had felt this for quite some time, worrying over his adopted brother and master. Could he help to return the man to the light? He wondered as he returned his hands to their labor of gripping and shifting.

Zaiden finally looked up and stared at Pexim for a moment, "Since Ashlyn died...I haven't been able to cope. Will I ever? Honestly I'm not sure. If I have mistreated you in anyway brother, I truly apologize." Zaiden said, and Pexim knew in his heart that the man meant it.

"Naboo. A small home near Lake Paonga," She answered as she lifted a big shard, "That's beautiful isn't it? Anyway," Ashlyn said shaking her head, "When I was younger my family and I lived happily in that home for a long time. I learned a great deal about myself while there." Thinking about the past made her sorrowful, but she wouldn't show it. She still didn't know this man, despite his innocence she knew he could change on the drop of a hat.

Matreya

Silence was awarded for a moment, save the shuffling of rocks and dust. Pexim thought over what Zaiden had said, he had given up on himself? What could that mean for the Hand? Would he be able to continue living in such a way? Currently they were seeking metal alloys for use in weapons that would one day kill hundreds of people. With each decision like this he became worse then before.

"I'm not going to judge you Zaiden, you have done far to much for me. But I wish you could settle your life more then it is. It's getting to be to much for me, and I'm rarely around you anymore." Pexim said sadly as he grabbed more of the ore. Soon enough they would have all they needed, at that time would they stop speaking for a long time again? These sorts of things bugged his mind as he worked.

Matreya

Naboo, really? That's where Sideous came from himself, Samael thought silently as he continued cleaning up the shards and moving them to the side. Soon enough the pile began to seem empty so he rose from his crouch, thumbed Tenebrae loose once more to grip it in a swift arc that sliced 5 giant gashes in the rock face.

Stepping back as the rocks fell he spoke, "Naboo is a beautiful planet. I've never been, but I've seen and heard a lot." It was true, he had done quite a bit of research during his time in the Empire.

@[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Matreya

Pexim smiled as Zaiden rose from his crouch, full bag of ore in hand, "Are we done then? I'd like to get out of here as quickly as possible. We are after all stealing Zaiden." His friend and brother-in-law nodded and came closer with his hand out held, "What's this about? I hope I didn't offend you." The smaller man said as he took the outstretched hand.

"Not at all. I wish to thank you for your honesty, you prove everyday to be ever worth my time and effort Pexim." Pexim beamed at his friends praise, but the giant continued, "I wish to be honest. I am going to use the ore to craft armor, and possibly more later on in life."

Matreya

Samael smiled as the bag filled to near the brim, "Well, how was life there? When did you leave? Why?" He asked, trying to contain his curiosity but failing. He had never met his mother, and now he truly wished to know her. It was to tiresome spending his days trying to watch her from afar and know nothing of her all the same.

"Personally, I'd have loved to be on such a beautiful planet. I have heard so much of it's landscape and swamps."

@[member="Ashlin Hale"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom