Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miniatures?

I've been scouring the internet in search of miniatures of First Order units (stormtroopers, pilots, etc) for use in a tabletop I'm going to run for some friends but I haven't had much luck. I was wondering if anyone here knew of anywhere that sold them?

Hey Bro!

Google a company called "Fantasy Flight Games". They have a couple of Star Wars TT games, I'm *completely* spacing on the name of the Ground Combat one, but that'll have a bunch of Storm Troopers and so forth.

They also have a SW RPG that may or may not have a mini's line associated with it.

As far as I'm aware the games are all set in the "A New Hope" era, which means that kind of Stormies, but they did a Ep 7 Tie in for the X-Wing game, so its possible they did the same for the ground one.

[member="Cait Falcor"]
Yeah, I've been keeping my eye on them. I'm going to be running Force and Destiny, but I'm planning to set it in the time period of the new trilogy. Was hoping to display some time period appropriate pieces.

I know wizards of the coast used to make some super cool miniatures, but they aren't being manufactured anymore. However, sometimes you can find the stuff on ebay or whatever other trading website you use.

But obviously it would be stormtroopers you would be able to find.

[member="Darth Ignus"]

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
get a good spray primer and a good detail brush and just have at it
use water based paint at first so you can fix anything you mess up. Walmart has some in the hobby section. water based latex. Do not go expensive at first just some nice standard hobby brushes will work. these brushes at walmart work good. It just takes practice and patience, and using water based will let you go back and fix it once your better at it. There are tons of ways to make it look better like shading and using washes but those too take practice. Starting off just grab the cheeped miniatures you can find and experiment.

spray them with a good primer. I would get grey to start. white and black have their uses but for just starting and experimenting get a grey primer. once you get it primed use your main color and paint a light coat on it. doing more light coats is always better than one thick coat. that can clump and run. to make weapons look nice do a coat of black under it then experiment with a dry brush of silver or gunmetal. Dry brushing is a pretty easy technic. just put a drop of pain on a paper towel and get a clean dry brush. just get a little paint on the brush them wipe it off on the towel where it doesn't even seem like it had paint on it. then just lightly brush it over the black parts like weapons and such
thie gives it a nice gunmetal look.

use a hobby knife or a toothpick will work to get paint that may have run over. just scrap it off lightly

it is worth it to get some awesome looking miniatures once you learn the basics.

Darth Ignus said:
[member="Cait Falcor"]
Yeah, I've been keeping my eye on them. I'm going to be running Force and Destiny, but I'm planning to set it in the time period of the new trilogy. Was hoping to display some time period appropriate pieces.
You could buy some Imperial Assault stormtroopers, but you would have to paint them.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Darth Ignus"]
cool, yeah I love painting minis. But i mostly do ships, I did alot of Warhammer 40k minis. but now I so starships mostly This is one of my fav. ships. But it is cool and I actually do it for relax.

[member="Reshmar"]

I used to do these, the shelf I have them sat on is cool with all of them.. I haven't done them since I messed one up and threw the paintbrush at the wall though. Need to get back into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom