Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mines of Kessel

The luxuary yacht of Sempra Besadii Dhakun hoovered a good portion above the planet surface giving its passengers an extraordinary good viewpoint over the mining operations taking place down below.
Spice_Mines_of_Kessel.png

Sempra, situated on his elevated throne in the panorama windowed suite plucked with his ciggarra and awaited his guest [member="Cadan Tazi"]

Much had happened in a short period of time and the cartel had swelled quickly. There was no doubt that captain Tazi, feared pirate captain of the Jackals and known cartel boss, was capable of performing great tasks. Even the cartel admiral, [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] had agreed to that the Duro would be needed in the cartel higher levels of power. And so Sempra had made him boss and turned a great portion of the cartel spice bussiness over to his supervision.

What he had not known was the full scope of what that job would mean. The entourage mingling beneath the hutt could all see when Cadans shuttle was about to dock with Sempras yacht. He would be given access to Sempra straight away. After all, it was Sempra who had summoned the pirate.

A Kossak Class Destroyer leaped out of hyperspace, from the bridge Cadan could see Kessel and [member="Sempra the Hutt"]'s yacht. A smile crossed over Cadan's face as he view the planet. The pirate dreamt of all the spice down there. It certainly was a dream come true.

"Send this to Sempra." Cadan said as he looked to one of the crew, who began to record the voice message. "My Lord Sempra, I am on my way to your yacht now." Although he was expected, Cadan didn't know. And it was always best just to let someone know when you were coming over.

Soon after a single shuttle began to move towards the yacht. The dock workers letting the shuttle in to dock. Cadan was then switfly taken to Sempra. "My Lord, you summoned me?" The pirate said giving a rough bow.

Sempra nodded in response to [member="Cadan Tazi"]

"Yes Captain Tazi. I did." he started gesturing for him to come closer.

"There has been much transpiring since the cartel took control over Kessel. We now are the de facto government here. But the mines are still not entirely under our infuence." the hutt began skipping formalities.

"With the diversity of our operations I feel that I need one I can trust to keep an eye on this place." he motioned at the mines outside the window.

There was no way everything on Kessel could be brought under direct cartel control but they had an excellent chance of taking a big portion of the mines and gain an impressive amount of influenseon those remaining.

"If I named you as the cartels representative over Kessel. How would you go about to ensure that the mines were kept in check in my favour?"

The pirate scratched his head at this proposal. "Well, we could use a whole bunch of droids to keep the miners in check." Cadan said as he thought over the possibility's. "I know that we 'ave a supplier of droids. Maybe we could use 'em?" Droids could be programed to not feel emotions or care about what they were ordered to do.

"And of coarse I will have some of me pirates keep control of the miners and droids as well. I would also keep things in check both on and off the planet." If Cadan was awarded with this position, he would be able to constantly visit to make sure everything was running smoothly.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Sempra nodded. He had already made up his mind about this. Kessel was under cartel ruling but the mines needed someone who could keep them in check.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] handled his spice operations very well and was extremely witty as a problem solver.

"That is good captain." he agreed snd turned to pick up his box of ciggars. Pulling one for himself he held out the box to Cadan.

"Imported from Courocant." he added as he offered them.

"You understand that you will need to take direct control over at least one mine and organise... preassure on others. This is cartel space now, we need to have a permanent prescence."

Cadan mentally took note of the offer. He would store that in his brain for later. He then reached out a pulled a cigar from the box, before offering up a lighter first to Sempra, then he would use it for himself.

"With my lot of pirates, we can 'ave more than one mine." Cadan knew that his pirates were the some of the cruelest people he had met. He had faith that they could hold down the mines, along with various droids.

Cadan was a pirate and worked for credits. Although Sempra had earned Cadan's loyalty, he still enjoyed credits. "My Lord, I trust with this position, an increase of credits will come?" To be honest, Cadan wasn't fussed whether on not there was, he brought in a supply of credits from his cantina aswell as Tazi's Machines.

Sempra puffed the cigar until it was lit and rose to enjoy it for some moments before he replied.

"Yes Captain, you will find that Kessel's coffers are very deep indeed. We need this to keep our organisation floating though so do not grab to much for yourself. Be reasonable and I will allow a cut from the spice bussiness to end up in your pocket, with my approval and blessing."

He took a deep breath drawing on the smoke from the cigar and gazed out toward the mines. He was sure [member="Cadan Tazi"] couid handle this. they just needed to act with discretion not to raise an alarm about them moving in to fast.

"I trust that you will handle this at the best of your ability captain. Take as many mines that you can handle."

Cadan enjoyed the cigar, it was a fine one, but what else would the leader of the Hutt Cartel have.

"I reckon me boys and meself could 'andle at least two mines." The pirates said, as smoke escaped his mouth. Cadan followed Sempra's eyes to the mines.

"I think a share of the spice sold will be fine." Cadan said nodding, before stretching out his hand towards Sempra to seal the deal. "Is there anything else I should know?"

Sempra took the hand and shook it.

"No, Captain. I belive we have an understanding. Just remember to protect our interests here and do not neglect to cooperate with others in the cartel."

There was of course much more to discuss concerning these affairs. Sempra would not settle with a mediocre effort on [member="Cadan Tazi"] s behalf. But he did not expect that either. The Duros was loyal and greedy. A very appreciated trait.

"I will continue my work with the spice selling but from here on I invest much of that workload upon your shoulders. Together we will have the galaxy on its knees, begging for our product."

"We will indeed my lord." Cadan replied, he liked the idea of ruling the galaxy. Well helping rule the galaxy.

"I'll get to work right away sir." Cadan said, he was keen to begin the mining in the mines. He had already been selling small amounts here and there, but now with the mines at his disposal he could bring in large sums of credits from both him and the Cartel. Maybe he would have to get his own force of smugglers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom