Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life was full of difficult decisions.

Confronted with a forking path, Andromeda hesitated at the intersection, considering her options.

What might have been a quick choice for anyone else proved to be a challenge for Andy.

She stood, her knuckles turning white, her eyes darting back and forth. Frozen with indecision.

"Demir," said the older woman opposite her sternly. "Get on with it."

Black eyes flashed with irritation up at the woman. Andy's breath caught. Sweat itched at her scalp. She took a deep breath and finally said: "I guess -- the berry cobbler."

"Finally," the cafeteria woman grumbled, spooning a portion of the steaming desert into a bowl and placed it on Andy's tray. Andy muttered her thanks and took the tray down the line. Once she had finished her tray with a cup of tea and some sugar, she turned and scouted out the dining room. When her eyes lit on her fellow padawan, the tall, broad-shouldered ginger seated at a table in front of one of the windows overlooking Coruscant's busy airlanes. Andromeda weaved through the other tables, stopping once to answer a question of a different padawan before she set her tray down in front of the chair opposite Reid Brimarch Reid Brimarch .

"Gladys is in rare form today," she observed, glancing over her shoulder back at the cafeteria line worker. "I don't know how they expect me to make a snap decision between the fudge brownie, the spumoni, and berry cobbler. Maybe they should post the menus ahead of time." Andy emptied the sugar packet into her tea and stirred it with her spoon. "Gladys said I could have some of each, but can you imagine? I'd never fit into my clothes -- this is serious business." Her dark eyes flashed with irritation but she was distracted when her datapad chimed with an incoming priority message. She noted that Reid's went off at the same time.

Andromeda dug the datapad out of her bag and activated the message.

By the time she had finished the message, Andy's face was pale and ashen. Miners in trouble; boy, if that wasn't the story of her existence. Suddenly the berry cobbler didn't keep her attention. She frowned and looked up to Reid. His message was identical. "Do you know anything about this place? Makeb?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom