Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mill Country, Naboo

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jacob's Mill
Naboo
w [member="Vulpesen"]

Beyond the Lake Country of Naboo and it's tidy marble estates, there lay yet another perfectly pleasant green valley. Home to Jacob's Mill. A Fishery. Here amongst the tall trees and the effortless rushing falls, life was normal. Air speeders took off from the village and landed at the high Fishery walls twice a day. Life was easy and nothing ever changed. Even the absence of the Omega Protectorate had yet to leave it's mark. Jacob's Mill was a time machine. Every one who came here felt like they were going back in time. It was kinda nice too.

"Ah. There he is. ...Hello Master Azi! Thank for the invitation. And what a beautiful day it is today too. You look well. You look well. Oh my. It's been forever."

"Karen Roberts, oh my dear sweet girl. Welcome welcome. I'm glad we caught you on Sullust when we did. Hello hello. ...Come. Sit down. You must be tired from traveling all day."

Master Azi was the R&D and Biology Professor from the Royal Academy of Sciences. A fat happy man well into his fifties. His clothing was long and exotic, and his hat was tall with only one feather. Together the two sat down on the grand bridgeway that spanned Jacob's Falls. Sharing a quick lunch just above the splashing of the waterfalls.

"I hear you have gathered quite a crew to help you with your next research project Master Azi? Do tell. I heard you even recruited from the Southern Empires these days."

"Oh yes. The Vitae Alliance, you mean. Yes indeed. I do believe their representative is on his way here now too. Perhaps you'll get a chance to meet him when he arrives."

"Good heavens. I didn't know I'd be meeting royalty?"

"No no, my dear. I've been recruiting warriors. Not kings. You see, my next research project into the subterranean abyss of our native planet here is... Rather dangerous work, you know. And I always need the best."

It was a true statement. The lava flows that created the subterranean waterworld of Naboo could be quite dangerous indeed. Caverns and caves filled with sorts of large sea creatures. Even colossal ones too.

"And just what is this fascinating science project the Royal Academy has you working on out here? Your wife never mentioned it when we last spoke? I assume it's something rather exceptional with you at the helm? And for how much coin you must have spent to pay my way out here."

"Quite right. The family is spending thousands of credits to keep my work out here afloat. Jacob's Mill is just a front you see. A beautiful front. But a illusion, none the less. ...Bah! Enough about that. We'll talk business when our other associate arrives. For now? ...Let's eat."

Karen raised a brow at the old Master's secretive manner. However, she could not deny him. The sun was high and the afternoon was upon them already. It was time for lunch. A short meal before their adventure into the Underworld of Naboo got underway.

Maybe somebody was keen to join them shortly too?

Vulpesen smiled a bit as Jacob's Mill came into view. Honestly, he couldn't help but smile at the peacefulness of it all. Years of war, and fighting, and politics had left him to seemingly be teetering on the edge of sanity and often he wondered if along the way he'd dropped off without even noticing. Even back home on Veradune, the paperwork of a recovering species, developing government of a major faction, and the ruling of a planet all piled up tot take up most of his time, and as one who hated paperwork, his servants often pleaded that he buy a softer desk due to how much he slammed his head into it. Trips like this were often a nice help in him keeping sane. Mini-vacations with jobs that kept his advisers off his back about not working.

Making his way closer to the mill, he simply relaxed in his seat and leaned back into the tails of the Veran fox he had brought as his ride. For him, this was one of his best ideas yet. The Vixen's cargo hold could easily accommodate the beast and with his dislike of speeders and other technological rides, he had opted take his newest companion, Shadow for a mount. One of the tails flicked him on the spine, a sign that he should stop getting inside his own head and start moving again. Stopped at the entrance, he slid off the back of the fox and walked to the door, his ears picking up the latter half of the conversation.

Smiling to himself at some of their words, he brought his hands to knock on the door, announcing his presence before stepping back and waiting. After all, it was important that he try to be polite, with him being the face of the Vitae Alliance and all. Coming off as overly rude and brash might not be the best idea for public relations.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Oh my?" Master Azi gave with a jump, "Look at that. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Ho ho!"

Karen shifted in her chair and looked towards the gateway. It did appear they had company already. An royal Ithorian servant opened the door, bowed to [member="Vulpesen"], and bid him enter the balcony area. His fox was welcome to follow.

Crossing under the gateway and into the marble balcony, the poor servant pointed them across the gardens and to the nearby bridgeway. A large wide structure that ran between the houses, over the waterfall, and served as a patio area of sorts. It was quite pleasant in the afternoon sun. Even with the spray from the waterfalls down below. Master Azi and Roberts stood up from their lunch to make introductions.

"Ah ha! And here is our Vitae Guest now. I shall let him introduce himself. ...Welcome welcome, good Master and Fox. Thank you for coming. I am Professor Azi of the Royal Academy. Your host. ...And this is,"

"Karen Roberts. Of Fondor. At your service." The blue haired woman gave a nod of her head. She was outfitted like a armored warrior.

"...Precisely." Master Azi nodded with pride. How the old man enjoyed civil introductions. "And thank you both for coming. We truly have much to discuss."

Vulpesen grinned and nodded to the old man as he store in, his tail flicking behind him. "Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso, Valde of Veradune and leader of the Vitae Alliance. So technically, I guess I am royalty." He turned and gave Karen a small bow of greeting. "A pleasure to meet you master Roberts." It was a name he recognized from his days in the Republic, though only faintly. He had never met really met her till today. "So, what's the occasion?"

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
All smiled and nodded to complete the formalities. Then Master Azi waved them all to sit down and join him.

"An excellent question Master Valde. No doubt you are wondering why I call you here on such short notice? Fear not, however. I assure you that matters here concern us both greatly. Please, have a seat. I shall explain."

Roberts took her seat and began munching again. Azi did so love his speeches.

"Now. Let me beginning by saying that thinks here in Jacobs Mill are not quite as calm and serene as they appear. Naboo is at a crossroads. The planet is full of movers and shakers these days. The Omega Protectorate is not what it once was and her Highness can see that. As such, we at the Royal Academy have started something of a joint venture with the Shadowguard Organization here onworld."

He waved his hand to stay all comments. He would explain.

"Master Roberts is familiar with these ones already. However, let me explain. The Omega Shadowguard is a branch of their military that specializes in Force Users. Operators and Special Forces. Men and women who have learned to use their magical talents in perfecting the arts of war. Her Highness had hoped that by favoring the Shadowguard Commanders? She might further increase the protection their organization can offer to our humble planet. Though... Not all went according to plan."

The old man stood up and began to pace. Something seemed to bother him sorely.

"Now. Underneath Jacob's Mill is one of the Academy's secret research stations. An installation I myself oversaw not but six years ago. She was built to study the colossal organisms that live in our planet's watery crust. Sea creatures and the like. Nothing special. But a state-of-the-laboratory, none the less."

"Just this year we began retrofitting as a Shadowguard Firebase. Hidden and underground, it was the perfect place for our new allies to equip themselves. We had hoped it would be the first of many secret bases that we could provide to our Force User guardians. However. I'm afraid that recently it has been... Erm. Compromised? ...So to speak."

Karen raised and eyebrow and looked at [member="Vulpesen"] . Compromised was a political soft word for captured. Not good.

"Oh? Captured by whom?"

"Erm. Well. You remember those Sith Mermaid creatures that awoke here during the Netherworld Event yes? ...I'm afraid their demonic pets have taken the base as their new nesting grounds. ...Yes. Nasty business that. Even the good Colonel refuses to see them out. To risky, says the military. Bah. Rubbish! Sithspawn are incurable beasts, yes. Not invincible."

Master Azi raised his hands in the air with a grand showing of defeat.

"So you see? Without the Military to help me or further assistance for Omega Pyre? ...The Royal Academy was left to call for aid from the only allies Naboo has left. Republic Intelligence, (who brought us Miss Roberts), and our neighbors The Vitae."

Vulpesen watched the conversation leaning a bit on table as his ears flicked at each of the persons as they spoke. The shadow guard did sound quite interesting, especially since the Vitae had made plans to protect Naboo should it ever find itself in hard times, such as in the present. With that aside though, he spoke to his host. "Is there anything you can tell me about these sithspawn? I'm afraid I was elsewhere during the Akala Crisis."

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen could answer that,

"Sith Wizards of some type. Conducting experiments on shapeshifters. Mostly of the mermaid type. As I understand it, these corrupted creatures swam away after their masters were defeated. Never to be seen from again."

Master Azi nodded with a wave,

"Quite right. We had expected our local wildlife to dispose of them for us. We did inform the Gungans of the intrusion but? I'm afraid they had their own problems to worry about during the Rapture. These... Mermaids, as we called them. Completely slipped the net. ...Well. Until know that is."

Karen pushed her bowl away from herself and nodded,

"The creatures scales were highly energy resistant organic constructs. Deflecting even lightning and lightsabers according to the Shadowguard report I read. However, they were not experienced creatures to war. I'm afraid their masters failed to create the invincible pets they so dangerously longed for. Over a dozen of them were killed during the Rapture alone. Their can't be many of these sithspawn left? Can there?"

Master Azi could only shrug,

"Well. They have taken a nest. As you can see. However, I don't believe they breed very quickly. Nor raise their young in any specific fashion. ...So? I believe we are looking at no more than ten creatures. Plus some hatchlings. Though? I really couldn't say for sure. They are alchemical creatures. Very new to all of us. So nothing is really for certain."

Karen shrugged and looked to [member="Vulpesen"] . Was helping the locals really worth the time of Vitae royalty? She just didn't know. Hopefully they'd be getting some Shadowguard support too. Otherwise, two against ten wasn't fair odds. Well... Two and a giant fox I suppose.

Vulpesen's tail swayed behind him as they listed off the characteristic's of his apparent foes. Sith spawn, and while he didn't have the ability or alignment to properly use force light, he still wasn't too worried. After all, after you help a group of people take on a massive fire breathing dragon in an alternate reality, there wasn't much that left you shaking in your boots. "So, we're dealing with ten creatures which can take a blow form a saber, and likely live in an aquatic habitat, placing us out of our element. What about size? Are they at least fairly average compared to us, or are we dealing with behemoth merfolk?"

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen shrugged and looked at Master Azi. He scratched his head and fluttered with his hat,

"They were when I last saw them. Average sized, I mean. ...Master Roberts?"

"I have no idea. I never actually met one of the creatures. The report I read was from the Colonel's desk. It described them as human sized mermaid creatures. Yes. But that was months ago. I would have to assume that their creators fashioned them in their final form already. So yes. I assume the creatures are still of human size. ...Did the army say anything about it?"

Master Azi simply shrugged this time. He was at a loss.

"No. Not really. Our construction team mentioned monsters and the Recon troopers simply reiterated the mermaid description from their submarine. They sighted the creatures swimming around the base area in fish form. So, tail and everything."

"I see. So they can still shape shift between Naboo's two most common environments. Land and sea. Hmm."

"Oh yes. Their Sith masters designed them to be very adaptable soldiers. Sadly. They just forgot that mermaids make for terrible soldiers anyway."

"And hopefully. That will be our advantage."

Karen smirked and nodded to [member="Vulpesen"] . She was starting to like this mission more and more. Master Azi returned to his seat and pulled off his cap. Obviously troubled,

"Master Valde. You'll forgive my assuption. I invited you here simply to help us with our animal problems in the reef. Not actually to deal with mermaids and Sith alchemy. You are renown amongst our Academy as a Vitae man who shows empathy for our natural allies. Animals, that is. ...I did not intend for your journey here to mark you against them. I apologize. I really do."

Karen took another look at Vulpesen's mount. Yep. Friend of animals alright. He could probably even ride the thing. Hm. Fascinating.

Vulpesen gave a small shake if his head, a way of clearing his mind and refocusing. "Right, of course, well I guess that just makes thing easier for us." He often wondered if people realized his skill with animals. Seems that question was finally answered.

And while he couldn't hear what she was thinking it was true that he could probably tame and ride anything he ran Into. And as of recent, he'd even acquired another skill, the ability to turn into an animal. "So, enter area and take out the mutated sith spawn. Is that correct?"

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Roberts looked to Azi. She was wondering the same thing. He fumbled with his hat and nodded,

"Well. Erm. Yes. ...Actually. That was something along the lines of what I had in mind?"

"What about Shadowguard support? You mentioned something about them earlier?"

Azi pursed his lips and shrugged again,

"Lieutenant Thackery is down at the tunnels entrance prepping our speeder bikes. The Colonel left him here to tinker with the ground entrance. I believe he means to blow it and collapse the tunnels leading down into the base. I have requested that he not do so unless the creatures actually venture up them. I'd prefer if we kept are only land route open. ...Especially since so much of our equipment cannot reach the underground base otherwise."

Karen nodded and stood up. She'd heard enough.

"Then I'll go have a chat with Guardsman Thackery next. Perhaps a military perspective could give us the edge we need to flush these creatures out."

Master Azi stood up and pulled his cap over his head. It did appear lunch time was over.

"Of course Master Roberts. At your leisure. But... Do call me on the radio as things begin progressing, yes? I can't help if I'm not in the loop. And all that."

"Sure thing. We'll be touch. ...Coming Master Valde? I believe our good Lieutenant is just down the hill."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen stood up and gave a nod to Master Azi before following [member="Karen Roberts"] to the door. "Its a good thing I brought Shadow. I never really liked speeders." As they made it outside he let out a whistle and beckoned his vulpine steed over to them. "Come on girl, work to be done." The fox's tail would swing over creating a set of five tails that led to her back, allowing Vulpesen to get on top. "Travelling the galaxy and knocking down sith spawn. Reminds me of my days within the shadows."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Now that's a stair stepper. Roberts whistled at a nearby speeder bike. ...Nope. Nothing. She smiled and shrugged to [member="Vulpesen"]. One day.

Only minutes later they pulled up to the caves entrance. Situated at the edge of a forest and nearer the beginning of the lakeside. There was a strong man garbed in black making a woodcarving with his knife. Just behind and between the bushes was the large cave entrance. A muddled dirt road ran into it. Evidence that many vehicles had passed this way before. Now. There only lay three speeders near the waterfront. Old ones too.

Roberts dismounted her bike and approached the soldier. This must have been Guardsman Thackery.

"Lieutenant?"

"Yep."

"Got a moment?"

"Might have. Might not. ...Depends who's calling?"

He continued to be disinterested. Continuing his carvings without so much as looking up. Karen just shook her head. Gesturing towards the Valde and his exotic mount,

"Do we look like common fishermen to you Guardsmen? Really?"

"Nope." He looked up and frowned, "You look like mercenaries sent to do a real man's work. I could sense you two as you approached. Being Force Sensitive ain't nothing special."

Thackery jabbed his knife into the tree trunk upon which he'd been sitting. Stuffing his carving into a rider's satchel and finally standing up. He didn't even seem to care about their ridiculously unique outfits or companions. What a strange soldier.

"I'm here to blow this cave in case I sense any creatures coming up the dark road. My droid is down in the caves below. Looking for trouble. But so far? ...Nothing. Just four hours sitting on my butt with nothing to eat either."

He waved the newcomers off and walked slowly over to the speeder bikes on the water's edge. Spitting into the bushes with a shrug,

"You want to go down there. Fine. Go ahead. My droid can blow that tunnel just fine without me. Not like it would stop them anyway. Bah. ...I'm heading back to base to get some chow. Screbb this job."

Karen seemed baffled. Well. Umm. So much for Shadowguard support? They all seemed too hungry to be bothered. Ugh. She turned to Vulpesen,

"Should we stop him? He doesn't seem very useful to me?"

Vulpesen leaned back against the tails of his Veran fox, enjoying how they made a nice fluffy back rest while he listened tot he shadowguards ranting. "Well, if he's too busy peeing himself, too hot headed from boredom to do anything but charge, or so hungry he's looking at me like a nerf steak I'd rather leave it to us. Besides, I believe there's little that cant be accomplished by two experienced masters of the force." He ran his hand along the fur of Shadow's neck and the Fox started into the caves. "Now lets go. Wouldn't mind making it back in time for supper when this is over." He passed her a grin as he entered the darkness.

[member="Karen Roberts"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom