Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Midway Mine, Roon

Status
Not open for further replies.
RuraPentheMine2293.jpg

Name: Midway Mine

Image Source: Here

Classification: Mining Facility

Affiliation: Independent currently

Description: The Midway Mine is a decent sized roonstone mine located in the mountains not far from Midway City. It is able to house up to 100 miners, 20 guards, and 10 general staff. The entrance to the mine is located in a central building that is surrounded by a security fence. A garage sits to the south of the central building and a landing pad to the north. A semi-maintained road leads up to a gate in the security fence. Two security posts are located at the mine as well.

-Central Building: The central building faces to the east and houses the general staff as well as the security guards. This is also where the office for the mine is located and the medical bay. An armory and kitchen are also located here. This is also were the systems for all of the power, utilities, and various defensive systems are at. This building also serves as the way in and out of the mine.

-Mine: The mine is a series of underground tunnels. Near the entrance is where the miners are housed along with a storehouse for their equipment. There is a ceiling mounted auto-turret that shoots basic blaster bolts near the entry way into the central building. Most of the tunnels lead to dead ends deep within the mountain, but two lead into a large underground cave with a deep lake in the middle of it.

-Garage: The garage is where all of the transport speeders and patrol speeders are located. Two transport speeders and four patrol speeders can be housed inside of it at one time. It also acts as the place where all repairs to the vehicles and machinery take place at.

-Landing Pad: The landing pad to the north of the central building is able to have two shuttle sized ships or one corvette/small frigate sized cargo ship. A large fuel tank is located here for refueling. The landing pad also can be magnetized to prevent the theft of a ship or unauthorized departures.

-Security Fence: The security fence that surrounds the facility stands at 4 meters tall. It is an energy fence designed to block both kinetic and thermal energies, but requires constant maintaince and a dedicated generator. A gate is the only break in the fence with a road leading up to it. The gate is made out of energy as well and works the same as the kind used on carrier ships. This means it can switch between a mode that allows anything through or a mode that blocks anything from making it inside.

-Security Posts: Two security posts exist. One is by the landing pad and the other by the gate. Each is a building that can house up to 3 guards. They stand at 5 meters tall and have a look out on the top. The controls to the landing pad and the gate are also contained within each of the respective posts. Each post also is able to sound an alarm and have an auto-turret above the doors that shoots basic blaster bolts.

History: Not long after Midway City was founded, a vein of roonstones in the nearby mountains. The Midway Mine was created by some of the wealthy founders of Midway City and they employed the working class that had arrived at the city. The roonstones being mined acted as one of the main reasons that Midway city grew so quickly, and the mine was able to grow with it. They eventually ran into the underground lake deep within the mountain and this forced them to begin branching away from their main tunnels more.

After the Omega Event, the mines began to become a battle ground for the local criminal organizations and gangs. Security features were added to the mine to deter the fighting, and it helped reduce the conflict outside of the gates at first. When the criminals finally took control of Midway City, the mine found itself finally under the control of the main organization within Midway City. It is now used as a launder for that organization while selling roonstones over the black market in places they can't legally get them.

Intent: To create a roonstone mine for a story and a possible reward in a thread.

Links: Roonstone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom