Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midnight Magick - Tutaminis Training [Open]

ocean_base_landing_pad_by_nightfall_universe.jpg

Voss
Nightfall - Exterior Landing Pad

---------------------

It was chilly tonight as summer on Voss began to wane, there was a strong breeze clipping across the surface the landing pad by the Temple, one of many here. But the moon was full, sitting low on the horizon and big in the night sky, sending down it's white light to blanket the area and give added vision to the low lighting edged the pad. It gave the place a surreal feel, which seemed to add to the occasion.

Coci stood alone for now, waiting for her class to arrive and so once they did, she would commence training. But for the moment, she stood looking out across the landscape into the darkness beyond and the shadows that played in the trees in the distance, and across the far stretching lawn before the Temple steps. One of her hands rested on her stomach to feel the moving child within her belly, so safe and growing strong with each passing day.

But tonight, she would be instructor only, her condition rendered her to be exempt, but it would not stop her from firing a weapon.

Thurion was close by, she could sense him, so many years their force bond had given them the ability to know of each other, and in that time the bond had grown so strong she suspected she could sense him on the other side of the galaxy. The thought of him made her smile, it always does.

But tonight, she would be his master .. now isn't that a fine thing.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Catherine Soja"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Rowena Aesir"] | @Open to all.

Quite a bit happened at night on Voss. It wasn't like Coruscant, where the city never slept and the lights let it always seem like day, but this was very much not a planet that settled into inactivity when the daylight ended. He'd tested one of Ceredir's first products in the forest at night, and there had recently been an attack of some sort - he couldn't remember if they'd figured why that had occurred - at night. There had been events and attacks during the day too of course, it wasn't like it all happened at night in some sort of nocturnal reverse-logic planet.

This time it was training. Specifically, training in tutaminis, the act of energy absorption through the Force. Which probably meant blasters and stun units, possibly more. While Audren was confident in his ability to deflect incoming attacks, absorbing the energy was not something he'd tried yet. So despite the very real likelihood of being the only Master at the class, he was going to attend and try to learn at least some of it.

Jedi robes were the order of the day. His of course, not the typical homespun brown wool that had been the iconoclastic wear so many years past. No armored parts however, the pauldrons and pads and gauntlets were not present. This was a Force-based training session rather than a physical one. Even in the moonlight, the blue of the robes blended with the darkness well, and the green was visible but not so out of place. No, it was his hair that would catch the most attention in the moonlight. Blond very much reflected the white moonlight...he was lucky it didn't give him the appearance of a halo. He would have never been able to live that down.

So far Coci was the only person present on the landing pad. She was the one teaching the class, so it made sense that she would have arrived first. He remained silent as he approached. She was deep in thought after all, and one interrupted a Jedi Master in thought at their own peril. Not to mention the...no, not to mention it. A semblance of privacy was expected, even if it was just everyone ignoring what was right in front of them.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Thurion couldn't remember the last time he attended a class of any kind, at least not one where he was the student. So many years of his lives had been dedicated to teaching others; the moment he left Teth to embark on his Knighthood pilgrimage he'd encounter lost souls in need of guidance, and he was all too glad to help out. Connor had been one of them...

Had one only seen the Grandmaster wearing his usual robes around the Silver Temple, one could easily mistake the tall half-Valkyri for someone else as he now donned the traditional padawan attire, not unlike the one he had once worn as a child. He found it rather surprising at first that they had one that fit him, but he supposed with so many species and races coming through Voss taking all shapes and sizes into consideration was not so far-fetched after all.

When he arrived [member="Audren Sykes"] was already present, punctual as always. He approached Coci, and while he tried to remain respectful of his master, he couldn't help but flash her a boyish grin with his hands casually clasped together at his back. "Master Heavenshield," he bowed at the waist.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Her head lifted slightly on Audren's approach, "How is business Audren?", she asked as she turned to greet him. It was her understanding that he had advanced his company, and things where progressing nicely and they would have to speak again to see if he had more to offer the Order by way of items and such.

Yet, the sight next to him took her by surprise. Thurion standing there in what appeared to be padawan robes and addressing her in a most official way. "Master Heavenshield", she greeted him with grin and an opposing bow. "It is good to see you well".

"We shall wait a few moments more for the others to arrive, before we begin the lesson and I think I shall pair you two together. But before we start, can you both tell me what experience and training you have with Tutaminis, what level you would consider yourselves to be?".

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Catherine Soja"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Rowena Aesir"] | @Open to all.

The cloak over her shoulders and robes underneath them when she was walking now. Thick braided hair that was covering her shoulders and back. Blue eyes looking out at everything when she was walking into the room and looked at the others. One fo them was the grandmasters wide and while not native she was someone on Midvinter that all of them could respect before she stood tall and ready for anything. A look on her eyes when she had her axe and shield on her back for others to see.

Vitha looked at the datapad on the desk in her room. Looking at the time she sighed and hopped on the windowsill. She'd managed to convince, with some minor bribery, the jedi to move her from the normal padawan rooms to one higher up and with a window.

Looking around and checking her primaries she spread her wings a bit. Night flying was never fun. Normally she could pick out a two foot long Nuwit that was four miles away without much difficulty. At night however her vision was much worse. Not to bad tonight but she gave herself only a two mile or so view limit. Well within acceptable limits for her but she still failed to see the point of night classes.

Pushing off the windowsill she dropped slightly and spread her wings. Going into a glide she adjusted course to the right with her tail and beat her wings a couple times to gain some altitude. Eyeing the landing platform with what appeared to be a figure on it she started flying upwards. Gaining more altitude she aimed towards the edge.

To anyone on the platform they would have heard a sudden beating of wings and a large orange bird would have pulled up onto the edge of the platform. Air pushed down from her wings in one hard slowing maneuver buffeting everyone on the platform. Talons stretched out and she landed looking at the two Heavenshields. "Er not to late am I?"

Aster took a brief glance at the mirror before she left her room. Not quite accustomed to life at the academy on Voss, the teenager struggled to find the landing pad where the lesson was to take place, wandering around the temple like a lost lamb.

After what seemed like an hour, the blonde finally found the landing pad where a small group had already gathered. Unsure of how to conduct herself when the presence of Jedi, Aster stood quietly she glanced around the landing pad.

Recognising a few familiar faces, Aster smiled meekly at the Heavenshield couple who she had met at a gathering and the avian Jedi who she had encountered briefly on Dellalt. "I got a little lost in the temple, I hope I am not late," she said turning her attention to Lady Heavenshield.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] - [member="Audren Sykes"] - [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] - [member="Rowena Aesir"] - [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"]​

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"] [member="Rowena Aesir"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Audren Sykes"]

Had arrived before too long herself in time to hear the masters question to the first two. She came green robes over her armor as usual. She smiled. "Sorry hope I'm not too late." She asked.

Sometimes he forgot just why the title of Master was conferred. Even though Coci had appeared to be in deep thought, she'd detected his approach and turned to greet him. Might as well just coat him with flashing LEDs and have floating speakers blaring a theme song while following him. She'd asked about his business, Ceredir Industries, which had a contract with the Silver Jedi Order and provided them with products. There had only been three products then, and now there were more. Some were generic, some were more specific. The most recent was geared specifically towards the new iteration of SI:6, as was the next one in the works. Of course, now there was more than just Ceredir, but he was still working on that.

"Going well, thank you."

She wasn't alone in sensing Thurion's approach. When the Sephi turned to face the man, he was fairly surprised to see him wearing what were commonly Padawan's robes. Apparently the Grand Master had a sense of humor. So did Coci, given her responding smile. But she got down to business, indicating that the two of them would be paired and asking what they knew about Tutaminis. Before either of them could answer, others started arriving. Two he knew, two he didn't. But the Master Heavenshield had asked a question. Come to think of it, three the others who'd approached had also asked a question, a variation of the same one.

"No, none of you are late. I can make a shield, Master Heavenshield. Deflection, not dissipation or absorption."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member=Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Rowena Aesir"] | [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Catherine Soja"]

"Good evening everyone, and no you are not late", she smiled as each of them approached. There was bound to be different levels of skill within the group, and as Audren had remarked, he had the knowledge of creating an energy, Thuiron would be .. well .. who knew what level he was in this skill, they were all about to find out. Audren and Thurion will pair up and she would address the two after she organises the rest of the group.

She will assume that they are all at the basic and lower, "If you would, please find a partner and move out across the landing pad and find a good space in which to work, leaving space between each group", she did not relish the thought of misdirected accidents occuring.

As they did so, "This force skill is probably one of the few that you can actually see at work. In most cases", Coci summon the force to her hand, a small amount enough to form a tiny ball of blue energy in the palm which she pulled from the force itself. As she walked around the groups to show them the floating ball in her hand, "Padawan Heavenshield", she spoke loud for him to hear her, and with a growing grin, "Can you tell me what is a Jedi's primary source of energy?".
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Catherine Soja"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"] | [member="Rowena Aesir"]

Rowena was looking at the others who had arrived.... ones she didn't know but when they were told to pair off she moved standing tall over the other ones here. Likely most save the grandmaster himself when she had her braided hair whipping around landing on the landing pad. Her hand rising up as she pointed towards [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] as she looked down at the white haired woman. She seemed the one cloest to her skills level as she didn't know the other woman and then there was a bird.... that talked. "You." Staying there while she listened to the jedi master turning her head to wonder a little about the energy. She didn't know how they would be doing it but she was prepared... hopefully without her shield and axe.

Arisa was already well versed in the technique of Tutaminis - more than a few times, it had saved her life out in the field. However, this was a nice joint training opportunity for her first Padawan, [member="Wu[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=georgia][SIZE=12px] Yeoh"], and she personally desired to improve her own teaching methods by observing her more experienced seniors in action.

She arrived a little late to the proceeding with her padawan in tow, just as Coci had begun her introduction and split up the group into pairs.

"Apologies," she said in passing with a small nod to Coci after stepping onto the landing pad.

"Wu, I'd like you to get out there and mingle, so please find yourself a partner among the others."

After sending Wu off, she herself began to look around for an available partner for the session.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Rowena Aesir"] [member="Audren Sykes"] [member="Catherine Soja"] [member="Aster Rose [/SIZE][SIZE=12px]Baelor"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

"Me?" Aster sounded surprised as she turned towards the voice that had addressed her, unaccustomed to being spoken to in such a gruff manner or called you. "My name is Aster - Aster Rose not you," she frowned at the blonde woman that towered over her petite frame and spoke with a stern tone that she had picked up from her uncle.

"I assume you are asking to partner with me for this exercise?" she stared at the woman, still annoyed by the tall blonde's brash tone. The world outside of the comfort of Csilla was very different and rather uncomfortable at times. "If my interpretation was correct, I accept."

"What should I call you?" Aster asked and extended her small, fair hand towards the gigantic woman.

[member="Rowena Aesir"] - [member="Coci Heavenshield"]​

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

She was laughing on the inside but respected this one. She had spirit and standing there didn't do what many did when confronted with a mountain think twice... so as Rowena moved over near her she spoke with a moment to roll the name around in her mouth when she gave a small chuckle. "Very well Aster Rose." There was a look on her face while she moved to get into the position for them to be paired off and ready to get instructions from Master heavenshield when the moment came. The outer cloak of her robes going off into a pile with her weapons. "I am Rowena from Midvinter."

Pairing up with [member="Audren Sykes"], one of the longest-lasting members of the Order and an excellent Jedi Master, Thurion offered an innocent look as [member="Coci Heavenshield"] tossed him the first question of the day.

"Um... the Force?" came his answer, feigning ignorance as best he could. Gods, it felt rather odd not being the one with all the answers for once! Made him long for the olden days of just starting out learning about the Force and the ways of the Jedi.

"And I have not had much experience with Tutaminis other than the occasional deflecting of blaster rounds. I've never actually absorbed energy before." When Coci approached them with the ball of energy in her palm, Thurion watched her intently and managed to sneak a kiss as she passed him by.

[member="Rowena Aesir"] | [member="Aster Rose Baelor"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Catherine Soja"] | [member="Vitha Sat-thuron"]
OOC: Sorry for the long wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom