Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MH-PU07 Maneuvering Thrusters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create specialized thrusters for Mandal Hypernautics

Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: MH-PU07 “Maneuvering Thrusters”
Affiliation: Mandal Hypernautics, Mandalorian,
Modularity: None
Production: Mass Production
Material: Alusteel, Electronics, Exc,

Description:

MH-PU07 Maneuvering Thrusters are comprised of three components. The first and most obvious is the installation of nearly double the normal amount of maneuvering thrusters on the exterior of the ship in question. The second component is the installation of additional power conduits leading from the core of the ship to the numerous additional thrusters scattered throughout the ship. The final component is a dedicated core processor with a specialized Astrophysics Program installed near the bridge of the ship. The processor is solely dedicated to optimizing the firing pattern of the various thrusters to achieve maximum maneuverability.

While the MH-PU07 is capable of drastically improving the maneuverability of a starship, it does come at a cost. The system itself tends to draw quite a bit of power from the primary reactor. When activated, the installed ship suffers a 15% power drop. This reduction in power weakens either the weaponry or the shielding or both for the duration that the maneuvering thrusters are active and persists for 45 seconds after the Maneuvering Thrusters have been deactivated.

Effect on Ships using 10 point speed scale
  • Temporary +1 Maneuverability, without effecting Sublight Speed
  • -15% Power persists for 45 seconds after speeds return to normal
Effect on Ships using the 20 point speed scale
  • Temporary +2 Maneuverability, without effecting Sublight Speed
  • -15% Power persists for 45 seconds after speeds return to normal

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"] - The other one, the temporary speed/maneuverability separation, was fine. But a constant effect that splits the stat isn't something we're OK with at this point. This is your opportunity to make what edits you deem appropriate. If you want to hold your ground on this the way you've got it set up, I can take it to a quorum of judges and we can see, but no guarantees.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"] - It's still a static stat split - say that ten times fast! - and upon discussion with starship judges, the idea that you've got maneuvering capabilities that are objectively, mathematically better than any comparable ship on the board is going to require a hefty dev thread based on concept.

[member="Rasho the Hutt"]

I'm not sure if you saw or not, but I changed the design to be a temporary boost at the expense of weakening weapons or shields for the duration of activation.

If you're still set on the dev thread, go ahead and archive this for now. I don't have time for any additional threads right now, nor can I really expect others to show up and crank out miscilanious threads. (Why can't I solo these anyway?)

Anyway... Yeah. Archive for now and I'll let you know when I get a thread finished.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"] - Approved pending secondary. As with all components that affect major ship systems, individual ship balancing acts will be up to ship judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom