Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MH-EW14 Signal Scrambler Projector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create fancy Ewar Tech for Mandal Hypernautics

Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Mandal Hypernautics
Model: MH-EW14 “Signal Scrambler Projector”
Affiliation: Mandal Hypernautics, Mandalorian,
Modularity: Different sizes and strengths
Production: Mass Production
Material: Alusteel, Electronics, Exc,

Description:

The MH-EW14 Signal Scrambler Projector is a device that prevent others from tracking the sources of transmissions by increasing the difficulty in scanning an area of space by enhancing the background noise of a given area. This noise includes radiation levels, light waves, sound frequencies, and stellar phenomena. By amplifying these reading and projecting them over wide area, the Signal Scrambler causes sensors to have difficulties distinguishing positive sensor readings from the general background noise. This can cause a sensor to randomly detect ghost signals or to overlook positive contacts that blend in with the background noise created by the Signal Scrambler.

This component comes in a wide range of sizes and strengths. Generally speaking, an appropriately sized signal scrambler will project an area of distortion roughly ten times the length of the ship it is installed on. Some more powerful and expensive models can cause distortions over an area two or three times a larger, but are specialized components that consume a considerable amount of space and power from the host ship.

Classification: Ewar Component
Size: Ship-Mounted
Effective Range: 10x Length of ship installed on it

Specialized E-War ships may include an advanced version with 20x or 30x

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"] - I'd assume this doesn't work so well when a ship is lighting up others' sensors by, say, firing weapons and such, correct?

[member="Rasho the Hutt"]

Larger ships are still fairly easy to spot regardless, but smaller ships have an easy time hiding. A small ship could fire and stay hidden (to an extent) but a cruiser or larger would give away their position. I have a Sensor Mask system coming down the pipe that works in tandem with this component. The Scrambler increases background noise and the Sensor Mask uses that background noise to hide a ship.

For the most part, firing will always give away your position. But fire and move tactics can make it hard to keep track of a ship in the noise. Multiple sensor scramblers can make this even more difficult. And I'm sure there are things I'm not thinking of....

But yeah. Causing a large burst of emissions (such as from firing weapons) tends to give away your position regardless....

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Captain Larraq"] - I'm not wild about the eventuality of five or six different ewar elements getting stacked on one ship, but that's a problem for the starship judges down the road. *stamps*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom