Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metallic Shape Means Nothing

Matreya

Silver eyes scanned a low sunset, intent on observing the phenomenon as it occurred like the many other nights he had done the same. Yes Asher could alter his eyes, like he did the rest of his form but for some reason he tended to not so so - unless in need of complete immersion into his disguises. Time did not seem as relevant to some Polydroxol considering their ancient life spans, but unless it were to some day change, Asher for saw himself doing so every night.

Age meant nothing to him, but that did not mean that beauty did not as well. Asher had always seen the things that life had to offer, all the tiny miraculous things that came with every planet and every life form.

But though he looked forward to the horizon, his mind lay else where, on the near future. He needed a master. That was why he was here. Plain and simple. Asher could regenerate lost limbs at a higher rate then most of his kind, he could change form at will faster then a Shi'ido. But he needed training. To control the powers bequeathed to him by the gods.

“The rising and the setting of the sun - a dependable beauty, if ever there was one.”

Each day within the fold of this faction, he felt a little more as if he could make his home amongst them. He had purpose here, there was much to do, leaving little time to spend wasting away… not that he had ever sat around and did nothing with a single moment of his time. There were always practical uses for time and the self.

“You are…” The black-haired Sith knight gave the metallic being a slow once over, his discerning, pale, blue eyes returning to the face of the form. “...Polydroxol. Fascinating.”

Neither in his old life nor in the present, until now, had he ever encountered an individual of this race. Nonetheless, he did not gawk, maintaining his gaze on the face of the other life form in this space. He wondered at the age of this one - from his prior studies of the vast number of lifeforms in this galaxy, he had never been able to venture an accurate guess at the age of a Polydroxol, and holoimages never did those attempts any favours.

“I was not aware your kind was capable of wielding the Force, and yet, here you are. Do you have a name?”

@[member="Asher North"]

Matreya

"In my time i have gone by many names, but you may call me Asher. And to say your surprised one can wield the force, you would have to say you knew much of my species. Can you indeed say that?" Ash said, and as he did so the color of his smooth metallic skin began to change and shift.

Soon enough a caucasian male in his mid thirties with shaggy blonde hair stood before the man, whom had caught Asher in a time when his guard was down. Another would now be able to say they knew his secret. If the man did not keep it hidden...

"Some of us do indeed wield the force," The metal man continued, "Is that why your here? To teach?"

@[member="Lucianus Adair"]

“In my time…” A wolfish half-a-smile formed on his lips, for the odd amusement that he could say such things. “...there was relatively little known of your species. There was, in that age, no record of your kind ever wielding the Force to any degree of note, if at all. The absence of proof, however, does not indicate proof to the contrary.”

Suffice to say, he was now aware of otherwise. He watched with rapt attention as the polydroxol changed his form to that of a man of approximately his own age, a shift that occurred much faster than the knight had ever seen from any other species, even that of his now-former mistress. At that thought, his mouth resumed the thin line typical of his demeanor, and he continued in discourse with Asher.

“If you are here to learn, Apprentice, then it is possible I am here to teach.” The temporally-displaced knight said frankly. He tucked his hands behind his back, folding one into the other, and maintained his gaze on the taller man. “Tell me… in what manner has the Force manifested itself in you, to your knowledge?”

@[member="Asher North"]

Matreya

Asher turned his gaze back to the skyline, "I am apt in electrical manipulations, as well as skill in the talent known as Shatterpoint. My main strengths lie in my shapeshifting, and Shatterpoint if i were to sum it up." He said as he felt a slight tug of the corner of his lips at the sight of the now waning sun set. In a matter of moments the light vanished, and for those about him, Asher's eyes would shine like lamps.

"I wish to learn alchemy, further control over electricity, telekinetic wielding, lightsaber play which i know little of. Basically anything you can teach, as well as that of any other." Asher said as he finally turned his gaze back to the man, "But the thing i must admit to forthwith; i cannot claim any as master. The title is not in me to be apoken in that manner. If that is a problem, i apologize."

“You may call me Knight Adair.” He said curtly, giving nothing more in reply to that consideration his eyes returning to the skyline, as well. The consideration was rankling in the slightest, but the knight did not begrudge the apprentice for it. He did not care to such a point that would require him to ask why.

The cover of night was an apt time to go about many activities, including this. The life-filled energies of the day waned, and gave way to different, more sober ones. There was much that could only be performed by light of day, but training in the way of the Force, the way of the Sith, generally had no such requirement.

“I will provide to you what knowledge and instruction to which I am capable. But…” He paused here, returning his visual attentions to the polydroxol. “...there is always the chance that there are things you do not possess the ability to use, or that may be of limited use due to the unique nature of your well of power. No two beings imbued with the Force are entirely capable of performing an identical set of feats, to the same degree as one another.”

Lucianus took a long, slow breath in, and exhaled by the same meter.

“That is not to say that I will not make you attempt everything that is within my power to impart. Now… there is a stone, roughly the size of the fist of a human infant, somewhere nearby. I would like you to find it...”

The barest twitching of the corners of his mouth occurred. Amusement, perhaps? Or a tic?

“...without moving, Apprentice.”

@[member="Asher North"]

Matreya

Concentrating for a long moment on controlling the force that crept through his blood, Asher finally began to feel a strange sensation climbing his veins along his face. Soon enough, when he opened his eyes he was surprised to find that upon concentrating, he could now see through trees after enough time.

Casting his eyes back and forth among the area for a moment he sought the stone. Using an ability he had never attempted, having only heard of Force Sight and its applications, was difficult. So he moved quickly.

"There. Behind the tree to my right, roughly 5 meters past. Is that the one you seek?" Asher asked, feeling proud he had managed to find a stone of similar description all the while remaining still.

"It is." The knight confirmed. "This is the first lesson - your eyes, all your senses... they can be deceived. The depth of detail to which you notice and sense things in the Force, therefore, becomes wholly important. On your own time, work to know the Force around you, intimately. Meditation helps."

His eyes glanced in the direction of the aforementioned stone, then back to North.

"Acquire the stone, in whatever way you see fit. I care not how..." He said, his tone and face betraying nothing. "...but it will have a hand in determining the course of the rest of this lesson. You are permitted to move."

@[member="Asher North"]

Matreya

Concentrating for a long moment with no results, the man did not cease. No real discerning action could be noted to explain what he was doing, for he didn't move save a shift in breathing...

And then the ground underneath the stone erupted outward, angled so that the rock landed directly in Ashers hand after sailing for a second. Staggering for a moment he made his best attempt to not fall, having used to much energy in his Earth Shaping.

Holding it to his new friend, he did his best to regain his composure.

His eyebrows crept upward. That had not been what he was expecting, but it would suffice. He glanced at the stone, and it shot toward him and into his right hand, which he had shot up to receive it, his fingers closing around the stone the moment it impacted his palm.

"Not what I had in mind, Apprentice, but it accomplished what I requested, nonetheless." Adair held out the fist enclosing the stone, palm upturned. "Now, tell me. Can you think of any other way that this stone could be moved, beyond what you have already shown capability of doing, without touching me to do so?"

His fist remained closed around the stone.

"It is not enough to simply make use of the power you have been endowed with. Understanding will better aide the employment of your power, and the learning of further abilities. Think on it, and give me your answer."

@[member="Asher North"]

Matreya

"Telekinesis, magnetism if it holds metallic alloys, a few others. But none would be simpler for me, as I hold little skill in mental movements. Manipulations of Fire and Earth are my primary means to get it to me without movement, and flame would in the end super heat the object." Asher said with a shrug, looking to the sky onc more.

Sorry this has taken so long, mate. My muse has been in awful shape and is still recovering!

The corners of his lips curled upwards in an almost indiscernible fashion, hearing what the polydroxol had to say in response to his request. Just how much could he know of his abilities, without guidance? Most beings, upon discovery of their power, did experiment... but he was not about to take the experimentations of a novice as fact for denoting ability. No matter how well the individual claimed to know himself.

"'Little skill' in telekinesis does not mean an utter absence of it." The fingers of the hand encasing the stone unfurled, revealing the stone. "Humour me, if you will."

He would probe every single possibility of power. He would know exactly, to excruciating detail, where the abilities of this one lay, how they stood, how they worked, and how they could be improved. And he would not be denied. There was no quarter for overlooking, no space for slacking.

@[member="Asher"]

Matreya

Asher exhaled long and slow, focusing on the rock held within the mans grasp. After all of his focusing, the best it could obtain was a slight jump in the mans hand, "Im not sure why, but with the best of my own testing, Ive never been able to enhance Telekinesis to a useable talent.

"The main talents I can use, are all directly linked to the metallic alloy make up of my genetics. Which is why I can utilize Magnetism through the force, where as I have never heard of it being used before." Asher said with a shifting of the coloring in his hair, changing it to a deep emerald green, "If I may, sir, would it not be more beneficial to run a mission? Test my talents there?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom