Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Merr-Sonn Type 52-O Body Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hevana Martin

Hair-triggered Super Soldier
909305_f520.jpg

Intent: To provide the generic soldiers of Omega Pyre protective body armor and raise their combat effectiveness
Manufacturer: Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc
Model: Merr-Sonn Type 52
Affiliation: Omega Pyre
Modularity: Additional parts can be worn, or removed. Base suit cannot be changed.
Production:
Material: Mass-produced Made from layers of plasteel and woven anti-ballistic fabric
Description: The Merr-Sonn Type-52 Armor was designed for use my mercenaries who could not afford more expensive armor. The mod O variant was specifically designed for use by Omega Pyre, and has both upgraded HUD capabilities and pricier armor materials to raise its effectiveness. The dual armor design was created with a mind toward low tech planets that could not afford more advanced weaponry than slug throwers, the kinds of planets PMCs are often stationed when interstellar governments do not wish to send their own forces.
The armor has a number of other useful properties, including a HUD system that provides various information displays including a targeting line that can be synced with a weapons mounted camera. This allows the soldier to see exactly where his or her shot will go, even if they are not looking down the weapon's sights.
To aid in comfort of the soldier, the suit contains a built in environmental system that filters out contaminants in the air and regulates body temperature. Leg braces transmit the force of impact on the legs to the rest of the body, allowing the soldier to fall from approximately 50% higher without fear of injury, and allows them to carry twice as much gear without fatigue. The brace also uses the kinetic energy to charge the suits internal battery, allowing for theoretically unlimited use in the field.
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 16 kg (feels like 8)
Quality: Class 7 blaster class 7 ballistic

The only issue that i see with this is that the Class rating for Ballistic is a bit high. 10 is the highest on the scale and i don't see a mass manufactured armor having close to the best protection possible. If you could lower that to 7 as well I'm fine with this passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom