Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mercury-clip-art-1458955.jpg
Mercurium

Intent: to create a material for the use of electronics, filling a large void in the Star Wars Chaos universe
Development Thread: if needed
Manufacturer: SocMin Fed
Model: N/A
Affiliation: SocMin Fed; buyers of the material.
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-Produced
Armor Quality: 0
Material:
Molytex (unrefined, not in fiber material)
Quadanium
Description:
Hardness: 1 (out of ten; ten is diamond harness)
Transistor quality: 9.5/10 (10 is perfect, a property of pure water)
Reasoning: nearly perfect electron transitivity and a practically non-existent electron-shell orbit. This is based of of Mercury's atomic structure and is the reasoning it is a liquid at room temperature. However, unlike Mercury, which excels at conducting heat, this excels at conducting electricity
Magnetic property: 2/10 (10 is perfect magnetic attraction, 1 is none, akin to wood.)
Color: Silver
Luminosity: .8 (Ability to reflect light, a perfect 1 is akin to a flawless mirror. .00 is total light absorption, like coal black)
CREATION AND DEVELOPMENT:
When James began forming contracts with Inquisition Industries he realized that the market for materials, especially those that were unique and able to fit the galaxy's growing exotic products was in order. With the need for so many electronic devices and the advent of EMP warfare to be used James decided to throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at what might become proffitable. Or might not. But really, whoever judged him to be wise with cash didn't know James.

A few months later scientists returned to him with a box of semi-viscus metallic fluid. James was initially upset and threw a few boxes and books around. When he calmed down, the scientists explained that tests proved it was an almost perfect transistor for electricity and all but impervious to electromagnetic pulses, due to its almost total lack of magnetism. Overjoyed, James ordered a wild and over-confident set of production for the material. The primary draw back behind this metal is the very thing that makes it able to conduct flawless electronic pulses; the liquid state at room temperature. This require the alloy to be handled in tubing otherwise it is unable to be useful in the least.

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Bianca"]

Dang auto-correct >.<

I dont know how I missed that. Edited.

Also, when I read it a second time, I thought that the whole armor rating should be a flat zero, since it conducts almost flawlessly. Is that ok? :)

[member="James Justice"]
If it is being used in the context of a metal used in armor, you can keep it, but this appears to just be a conductor for electronic applications.

James Justice said:
perfect transistor for electricity and all but impervious to electromagnetic pulses, due to its almost total lack of magnetism.
Anything which conducts electricity would be effected by an EM field, or in this case an EMP. EMPs are a dirac delta function spike which moves/shuffles electrons, which means it effects more conductive materials best, and by proxy this material. So by stating this is a perfect conductor/transistor of electricity, you're stating this would be very easily effected by an EMP.

[member="Bianca"]

Well I was intent on making this primarily to have a metal that would be able to make droids capable of being EMP proof--or at least resistant within reason. But if that's not possible (feasibly) then we can just archive this. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom