Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Member Tag Not Working

• Short Description: Member-Tagging inconsistently works for me.
  • Browser: Chrome.
  • Severity: Happens with all of my profiles that have ever tagged anyone.
  • Description: For the time I've been here, tagging hasn't worked periodically. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Specifically, it hasn't worked when I have tagged Mrrew and Krest, since they're the only two who have told me that, upon tagging them, they did not receive a notification. I've heard that the @Mention tagging wasn't working, but so far not much about Member tagging, so I'm not sure if this is new or not, or perhaps even just unique to me for whatever reason.
  • Screenshots: Mrrew, I can't screenshot the one with Krest for reasons
  • Link to Thread: Private RP Thread, Species Submission.

Are you c+ping their names?
Are you making sure there's an @ at the beginning?
Are you hand typing out their names to ensure that you're doing the coding right?
Do they have a space in their name that's not been noticed?

[member="casual"]

Kyla Foy

K
[member="casual"]
[member="Adiara Drelas"]

Correct, sometimes it most likely won't work anymore. Personally idk the way to solve it. xD

Adiara Drelas said:
Are you c+ping their names?
Are you making sure there's an @ at the beginning?
Are you hand typing out their names to ensure that you're doing the coding right?
Do they have a space in their name that's not been noticed?

[member="casual"]
@[member='Thanatos Eligos']

If you C+P a name *without* removing the format (using the eraser icon on the bar ^) then it won't work as a mention, as a heads up. The same if there's an unseen space in their name. If it's just the occasional mention that's being missed, the likelihood is they've linked your profile rather than mentioned it.

[member="casual"], [member="Thanatos Eligos"]

C+P usually doesn't work....you'll probably need to go old school and type it in. And don't add colour to the names either...found that doesn't work either.

@[member='T'moxin Temi']

Let's see if there's an extra space or something

This is a test

EDIT: It works if you hand type it using the code. The likelihood is your username has an extra space in it at the end (as this is what happens to every other case I've seen with an extra space - doesn't work through the button, but does through the code)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom