Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Melodie and Je'daii

Laraine swam in the cove of some planet or moon, waiting patiently for Lief Lief . The two had spoken some over the HoloNet, and the Melodie was curious about how the Je'daii were different from the Jedi. They had agreed to meet here, and the Knight had chosen to arrive early so she could swim some. She noticed the Je'daii approaching, and swam over to a nearby rock, pulling herself onto it while also being ready to dive back under the waves at a moment's notice. "Asha Hex? My name is Laraine. We spoke over the HoloNet."

Dremulae was a wonder to behold, even on the second trip. It had been some time since she'd come here to collect the dreamu'ler cuttings, and since then she'd transplanted one to the great gardens of Tribunal Station while also keeping a potted variant ready for the day she had her own ship again. It was here that she had met one Ven Asher Ven Asher and ultimately had convinced him to put his efforts to good.​
She wasn't here for flower, or on a whim, today. She was answering a call.​
As she reached the cove, on one of the many archipelagos of the oceanic world, her mind drifted back to their brief conversation. A Jedi looking for insight. It wasn't uncommon, she had met many Jedi who were curious about their way of life, who wanted to know more or wished to see how they operated from the inside. That curiosity was what led Cotan to her, after all, after their initial meeting. And look at them now. He bore the ideals of their Order as though he'd known it his whole life.​
When she came upon the woman, a mer no less, she inclined her head slowly in respect.​
"Greetings. It is good to finally see you, Laraine."​
She stepped toward the shore, kicked her shoes off to the side, and allowed her feet to be graced by the flowing waves which drifted up the sand. To connect with the world they were on, and become one with it in essence. A light breath inhaled, then exhaled. Yes, she liked this world.​
"Our exchanges online were brief. What is it I can help you with?"​

Laraine shrugged with a smile. "I'm just curious about the Je'daii in general. With all the insanity going on with the New Jedi Order, I don't know if I want to be affiliated with them anymore, even though I've been with them my whole life." The Melodie said.

Asha hummed softly as the woman spoke. She had heard bits and pieces of what was happening within the Galactic Alliance, and what had happened with the Silver Jedi as of late, and could not help but be concerned for the future of those who had come after her Order. Had the Jedi truly lost their way? Was this just a bump in the road?
"I am sorry that you are struggling to keep your faith," she replied, with another soft inclination of her head, "Have you meditated on the Force? I have often found it very receptive to helping one discover where they ought to be, how they should proceed."
As steadfast as she was in her own beliefs, Asha was not the sort to try and use the confusion of another to bolster her ranks. It was not the way. If she could help Laraine Laraine find her way back to the Jedi she would, but if the woman truly sought an alternate path then she'd assist with that also.
"The Je'daii are the forefathers of the Jedi and the Sith, we practice the Force in true neutrality, balance. We do not stray too far to the light, or to the dark, and we are not beholden to the whims of a government or the policies of a state. You would be welcome to spend some time with us, if you would like, it is wise to learn the ways of those that are not your immediate equivalent. Perhaps we could help you rekindle your faith in the Jedi Order, if that is the path the Force has laid out for you..."

Laraine sighed as Lief Lief asked if she'd meditated, hugging her tail to her chest as a humanoid would their knees. "I have, but I'm still unsure." As Asha explained the Je'daii, the Knight nodded. At the offer, she smiled softly. "I would love to spend some time with your Order. The concept of balance...it makes sense. That's the way it is in nature. Day and night, light and dark, life and death."

She smiled comfortingly in response and nodded her head slowly as the mer explained that she had, in fact, been meditating on it. Sometimes it took time, or a fresh perspective, or information not readily available in the moment, to help one come to terms with things. Asha could not claim to be wholly aware of the situation with the Jedi, she knew enough that the woman's uncertainty made sense but she could not precisely give advice on it. Perhaps Cotan would know better...
But she could be there. Listen, and let the other talk through it.
"Tell me this, friend. Do you still agree with the ideals of your Order? The mission you initially set out to complete? Do their true goals align with yours? And your view of the Force and the Galaxy at large? If so, then there is hope still. Remember that the actions of others do not inherently reflect upon you. Fleeing from the problem does not solve it, it simply allows it to continue unchecked. Being the change you wish to see, bringing things back to the way they ought to be, that is where you can do the most good."
Either way, the Melodie was more than welcome to join her on Tribunal Station. Any was free to, in truth.

Laraine thought for a minute. "To be honest, I don't really know what we believe in anymore. It's like all these new ideals have popped up and that all of them are true, or none of them. It's confusing, chaotic in a bad way." The Melodie took a breath, realizing she may want to return to the water in a few minutes, and continued. "I feel I can't help others as much as I used to, but that's probably due to my Changing Ceremony. With the galaxy at large, it's the same as the New Jedi Order: so many ideals...it's often unclear what is right and what is wrong. And the Force...it's, well, the Force. There's no one way to truly explain it."

Asha took a step back from the shore and found herself a lichen covered rock to sit upon, free from the lapping waves but still close enough that her feet could remain submerged. Her stance was casual, relaxed, no doubt aided by the beauty of their surroundings. Her expression though was contemplative, a slight pull at her brows hinting toward such.​
"Okay then, set aside Orders for a moment and tell me this. What is it you seek out of life? What are your goals, your ambitions? What do you want to do with the time afforded to you?"​
Many were put on paths they never thought possible, had never imagined, by happenstance alone. But if given the choice, would they do so again? Or would they find another? Seek out some untapped passion? Asha was more or less where she wanted to be, she had the freedoms to explore, she could assist those most in need, and was able to expand herself within the Force. Life now was similar to how it had been when she was younger and more carefree, when she could do whatever it was she wanted without real consequence.​
Of course, now she had responsibilities. She had the whole Je'daii Enclave to worry about. But perhaps that was what she needed, something to ground her back to the present, to keep her from wandering too far into dangerous unknowns. Would she change it?​
Not really.​

Laraine thought for a few moments before she responded. "I want to be able to help teach others of my kind and others like us how to survive. There are so many predators on Yavin VIII...Melodies are practically at the bottom of the food chain. We do have a fighting chance, as I saw during my Changing Ceremony, but without outside help we lose half of our eggs and changelings. I wouldn't be surprised if there are others who struggle like my people." She sighed, realizing she may be thinking too far ahead. "But perhaps before I try to teach them, I should teach a Padawan. If I can't teach one person, how am I supposed to teach a whole species?"

She pondered that for a moment, with a slow nod of her head. If Asha had felt any connection to her people, would she be doing the same? Would she be focusing on their wellbeing instead of her place within the Force?
In a way, was that not what she was doing in general? Looking to aid the denizens of the Galaxy? Were they not also her people in a sense?
"There's nothing wrong with wanting to focus on the plight of your people. You can help them in a great many ways, education is certainly one such way but what would you teach them? Is there another way, perhaps? Somewhere else on the world where they can be safe?"
She did realize though that it wasn't the point of their conversation, so she tried to draw it back to the matter at hand.
"Certainly you can be a Jedi and also help your people. I doubt they'll forbid you from such. Do you have the resources you need?"

Laraine sighed. "It's not that simple. There's only one place in the galaxy that we can survive the Changing Ceremony: Sistra Mountain. There's a special algae there that facilitates the metamorphosis, particularly the lungs to gills. As far as I know, all attempts to cultivate it elsewhere have failed. I'd teach my people how to better defend themselves—as well as the eggs and changelings—against the predators. The children are the only ones among us who can fight." As Lief Lief asked her next question, she thought. "I don't think I have the resources, but I'm just one Knight. I don't have as much fighting experience as the others, and I don't have legs, so I can't exactly demonstrate stances and the like."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom